PDA

View Full Version : I'm new & DeLorean owner in Lakeland

Sladelorean
05-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Hello all, I don't know what to write... I'm new to the forum, live in Lakeland and recently bought a "used" 81 DeLorean that runs and drives good or okay^^ Looks great, but needs some work... Anyways, I'll be at the Burger King, Harden Blvd in Lakeland this Friday Night 23rd, The Lakeland Cruisers Car Show, it'll be my first show.

Post comments,

Thanks all^^

Chris Burns
05-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to DMC ownership!! Some great owners in Fl and GA. I'm in Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island area.

Sladelorean
05-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Sorry, it's this Friday the 24th.... I got the date wrong... again, its Friday 24th... hello Chris, glad to meet another DeLorean owner^^ Just wondering when will there be another Florida Convention or DMC FL Club meet up?

LordFly
05-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Welcome to the forum Sladelorean. You'll get to know Chris, you don't have a choice if you have a DeLorean ;) He is likely the most knowledgeable "not yet" owner ;)

Farrar
05-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Welcome aboard the good ship DeLorean! With this crew, you can't possibly sink. :)

Evildeli
05-22-2013, 09:09 PM
My in-laws live a block away from that Burger King. Next time I'm on your side of town, maybe I can meet up with you. Welcome to the club.

Dangermouse
05-23-2013, 08:02 AM
Welcome,

I remember 5017, it's the silver car that was formerly an electric blue color? :thumbup2:

Mark D
05-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Welcome!

Domi
05-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Welcome to the forum, don't hesitate to share picture of your meeting :)

DeLorean937
05-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Hello all, I don't know what to write... I'm new to the forum, live in Lakeland and recently bought a "used" 81 DeLorean that runs and drives good or okay^^ Looks great, but needs some work... Anyways, I'll be at the Burger King, Harden Blvd in Lakeland this Friday Night 23rd, The Lakeland Cruisers Car Show, it'll be my first show.

Post comments,

Thanks all^^

Welcome!

Morpheus
05-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Welcome! Be sure to send an email to [email protected] and ask to be put on the mailing list.

Sladelorean
05-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Thanks All

Dangermouse, you're right!!! The DeLorean was painted Red by the first owner, second owner painted it blue and restore the vehicle. The third owner painted silver, I'm the fourth owner and one day I'll have it back to it's stainless steel..

Morpheus, I'll email you shortly to be added to the mailing list, thanks^^

I took my DeLorean to the Lakeland Cruisers and won "Best of Show" not bad on my first car show... Here are a few pictures of the DeLorean enjoy.

Thanks again, peace

sadeeky
05-25-2013, 06:11 PM

Post comments,

Thanks all^^

Thats cool bro I am in St Pete. and I am always going to some cool shows here as well. Keep in touch when you wanna hit up a car show either here or in Lakeland. I am always going to Orlando as well.

Peace Bro

Damian

Nicholas R
05-26-2013, 12:02 AM
Wow, in pictures it's tough to tell that its even painted.

I'm moving to Orlando and hoping to have my car down later in the summer. Hope to meet you at a DMCFL event!

Lenny
05-26-2013, 09:41 AM
On the first Friday of the month there is a car show at Biff Burger 3939 49th Street N. Saint Petersburg http://www.biffburgers.com/CruiseIn.htm.

I've been there once and got a pretty good response. I was there late and left early. I wasn't part of the "Judged" portion.

whocruiser
05-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Wow, in pictures it's tough to tell that its even painted.

I'm moving to Orlando and hoping to have my car down later in the summer. Hope to meet you at a DMCFL event!

Nick -

Will you be down in Florida yet by June 15th? If you are, we're doing another one night only Doctor Who event (linked below) Out at the Doubletree Hotel next to Seaworld and I'll be there with 1150, so you are welcome to park next to me out front again. And if you're also into James Bond 007 stuff, one of our celeb guests that night also played Miss Moneypenny along side Sean Connery, and she will be personally riding up to the event from here in SoFla with me in 1150.
:rollin:

http://www.hurricanewho.com/

Sladelorean
05-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Hello, thanks for responding :burnout:

Does anyone know when is the next DMC FL Event???

Plus, Where do you get your DeLorean service at in Florida and repairs??? besides Bonita...

Biff's Burger is a maybe for me, I dislike driving at night... Specially with a DeLorean I had only two weeks now ;p... But it's funny to take it to a place called "Biff's" though again maybe... Also thinking of taking it back to the Lakeland Cruisers, because I live in the area.
:rollin:

Mr. WhoCruise, I know you; we've met at a Doctor Who club and Hurricane Who conventions... Thinking of going to the June 15th Hurricane Who, I could park behind you and Nick :p lol

Anyways, everyone let me know whats going on, whats the plan and I'll hit you back^^

take care, peace and have a nice Memorial Day^^