PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Lockzilla

DMC3165
07-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Hi all,

I am offering my Lockzilla for sale. Asking $125. Shipped. Very good condition was put in in 2001 and disconnected about six months later when my door solenoids started acting up. Car was in storage from 03-2010 and was removed from car last year when taken out of storage. Will upload pics later if necessary.

Chris 16409
07-08-2011, 02:56 AM
Are you planning to get a new digital lock module from DMCH? I'd like to see some pictures please? Would you consider taking a 140Amp DMCH alternator in trade?

DMC3165
07-08-2011, 05:47 AM
I will post some pics later this evening. Eventually I may get a new digital module from DMCH but only after I change over my door lock solenoids to actuators which isn't a priority for me right now. One of my solenoids is bad but there may be more to it then that so I'm content living without power locks. I think I might pass on the alternator, but if you have something else of similar value I might be interested. Thanks.

DMC3165
07-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Here are the pics of my lockzilla taken on the hood of my D for affect...LOL

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Chris 16409
07-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Mine doesn't have the wire with the in-line fuse and extra plug. Yours might be a bit newer. That other plug looks like it may plug into the remote-zilla add-on that was offered back then

DMC3165
07-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Mine doesn't have the wire with the in-line fuse and extra plug. Yours might be a bit newer. That other plug looks like it may plug into the remote-zilla add-on that was offered back then

I'm really not sure. I know I put this unit in back in late 2000 or early 2001 but it didn't solve the lock problem I was having and i just left it alone. The car was subsequently sold in the fall of 01 and pretty much sat in storage until i repurchased in the spring of last year. with a total of 900 miles put on the car in all that time the door locks remained disconnected and when i started messing with them last year i just decided power locks were not high on my priority list and just left it alone. I know the unit is still good because i had Grady check it out last year when the car came out of storage. But these are better for cars that still have the original power door lock solenoids and not the newer style actuators which draw a lot less power.

Chris 16409
07-09-2011, 11:34 PM
My LockZilla works just fine with Toby's door lock actuators. He sells two different actuator kits, one for the new digital unit, and another for the original DLM and LockZilla. If I were you, I'd keep the LockZilla and buy the appropriate actuator kit. One feature of the digital module that I don't care for is that it staggers the locking of the doors (when one door is locked/unlocked, the other is triggered a moment later). This is a neat feature if you're running the original solenoids, because both aren't energized at the same time (less power draw at the same time). But, if you have actuators, the power draw is much less, and I prefer having the door locks work simultaniosly. Besides, the new module is like $200, I'd just use the lockzilla if I were you. I was interested in buying yours so I'd have a spare when mine decided to crap out one day. I like the functionality of it better. But, I say keep it.

Bitsyncmaster
07-10-2011, 06:05 AM
Maybe my Lockzilla was timed differently but when I upgraded to the actuators, the Zilla unit was timed with a pulse just a little to short to work one of the doors. I seem to remember the Zilla unit pulse of about 200 ms. It did work fine after I doubled the capacitor to increase that pulse width.

But I did not like using the extra relays and designed my own controller later.

DMC3165
07-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Still open to offers on this. Asking $125. Shipped

DMC3165
07-13-2011, 06:50 AM
Bump

DMC3165
07-25-2011, 07:19 PM
BARTERED!!!!!

:woot: