PDA

View Full Version : Time Machine Born in Oviedo, FL by Bruce Coulombe

sadeeky
06-04-2013, 10:05 PM
I went by CEI (Coulombe Enterprises Inc) in Oviedo, FL today and Bruce took the time to show me his creations of Delorean time machine. If any one is ever thinking about doing this to there Delorean he does a great job. Bruce is a nice guy and he took time out of his busy schedule to show me and explain some of his creations. He is an ex NASA Engineer and he looks like he knows what he is doing. I guess there is a market for time machine vehicles. I know other people have talked on different threads about his time machines, but I just had let yall know that I had a great experience over there seeing what it takes to have one built.
He has a site www.deloreantimemachines.com if any one is interested in it

BTTF-1
06-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Been there myself. Bruce and his crew are awesome.
His quality is second to none.

ED:wiggle::elmo2::elmo2::meditation::meditation::w iggle:

mr2nut123
06-11-2013, 11:09 AM
...and I think these photos help confirm your thoughts :wink:

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/7624/deloreanuk9.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img837/4893/deloreanuk3.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img812/1070/deloreanuk2.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/3791/deloreanuk5.jpg

Domi
06-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Amazing car!
Really nice pictures ;)

Josh
06-11-2013, 03:23 PM
I love the extremely shallow DOF of the pictures. Also I am having my facias stripped of the red paint, and your car convinces me rocking the unpainted facias looks pretty good. More time to save up for a paint job.

Nicholas R
06-11-2013, 05:52 PM
I noticed that about the rear fascia. Is that a thing? I don't recall it being black like that in the movie. I assume it goes along with the black/two tone interior. Also there appears to be something green in mr fusion. Is that a Bruce specialty? Just curious. Very nice!!

mr2nut123
06-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Amazing car!
Really nice pictures ;)

Cheers Domi. Bruce is genuinely a really nice, cool guy. He actually gives you the time needed and assurances with his work.

mr2nut123
06-25-2013, 09:06 AM
I love the extremely shallow DOF of the pictures. Also I am having my facias stripped of the red paint, and your car convinces me rocking the unpainted facias looks pretty good. More time to save up for a paint job.

Sorry about the delay in replying to this thread, I didn't have notifications on and have been quite busy with other things.

The fascias are actually custom painted by Bruce to match the underside of the bumpers. Me personally, I think it's a great enhancement to the silver that IMO didn't match the stainless too well (hence the custom steel bumpers some have created). Sure, it's not original which is important to some, but I quite liked it.

mr2nut123
06-25-2013, 09:08 AM
I noticed that about the rear fascia. Is that a thing? I don't recall it being black like that in the movie. I assume it goes along with the black/two tone interior. Also there appears to be something green in mr fusion. Is that a Bruce specialty? Just curious. Very nice!!

The green stuff in Mr Fusion is just a bit of slime for effect. Of course, it's not 'screen accurate' but if Mr Fusion did actually work and it was full, surely it would look a little toxic in there ;)

gasflaphoodfan95
06-25-2013, 01:06 PM
I recently visited Bruce and his shop, very nice guy.

Coulombe
02-09-2014, 11:34 AM
I went by CEI (Coulombe Enterprises Inc) in Oviedo, FL today and Bruce took the time to show me his creations of Delorean time machine. If any one is ever thinking about doing this to there Delorean he does a great job. Bruce is a nice guy and he took time out of his busy schedule to show me and explain some of his creations. He is an ex NASA Engineer and he looks like he knows what he is doing. I guess there is a market for time machine vehicles. I know other people have talked on different threads about his time machines, but I just had let yall know that I had a great experience over there seeing what it takes to have one built.
He has a site www.deloreantimemachines.com if any one is interested in it

Wow, thank you! I had know idea this thread was posted. I came acrossed it by accident. Thank you. I am always very happy to be host to anyone that wants to come by our shop and visit. I love to show off my talented teams work, projects, our accreditations, degrees, awards, photos with celebrities and of course all my NASA.

I am glad you all had a good experience and thank you all for cutting into your busy day to come visit with me and to give me a little more pleasure in my day. God Bless you all!

ALEXAKOS
02-10-2014, 01:45 AM
I personally love the unpainted fascia look! Looks more hardware-ish. Bruce adds a few mods of his to make the replica look more alive. A totally screen accurate (and I am refereeing to a 30 year old movie item!) car looks too static.

Coulombe
02-10-2014, 09:27 AM
I personally love the unpainted fascia look! Looks more hardware-ish. Bruce adds a few mods of his to make the replica look more alive. A totally screen accurate (and I am refereeing to a 30 year old movie item!) car looks too static.

Thank you ALEXAKOS. Positive and/or constructive feed back about my teams work is what makes joining in on these threads fun and enlightening. I can take constructive criticism but out right lies and useless bashing is what makes me stay off these forums. So on behalf of my team and especially myself, I thank you once again for your appreciation.

I can't take credit for the black fascia that is on vin # 3185. I purchased the Delorean that way. I just decided to leave it black at the time because my painting booth was being used as a storage for another project we had going with a local church. I didn't think the black fascia would be a big deal so I proceeded with the transformation of the Delorean.

I have to agree with you on the "totally" screen accurate but static look of the Time Machines. If someone wants a screen accurate build, I and my team are more than happy to build one as such. But if a client wants his Time Machine to draw attention at an event, car shows etc... added special effects in audio and visual will draw much more attention. I have had my builds with A/V FX placed next to accurate movie cars, exotic cars, hot rods and muscle cars at Sci-Fi shows, trade shows, cars shows. While my car was on display, people without hesitating walked passed those other cars just to get a look at my car.

I believe if you were to place side by side a screen accurate time machine with only the average FX and one of my time machines with extra added movie FX of lights and audio, my Time Machine will gather a lot more crowds and kick a static time machines butt every time. It is my experience that there are only a hand few of people that know what a movie accurate time machines should look like. At displaying of events and car shows the crowd that gathers only know of the: Delorean, Gull wing doors, Flux Capacitor, the Nuclear Reactor, the Mr. Fusion, the Time Circuits and the Blue Flux bands. If you've included a combination of these on your Delorean, then as far as the crowd is concerned you are displaying a great BTTF represented replica of the Time Machine.

So, as long as my clients continue to tell me what they want their build to look like, I will continue to build them my clients way, not by the opinion of my critics and their criticism.

ALEXAKOS
02-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Bruce, no need to thank me. The congrats on being THE ONLY professional BTTF builder is all your work.
I too am making a few props and you may have seen some of my "shit" on ebay. I am actually doing this as a hobby building props and with every prop I "discover" I make a couple more to increase my funding in my restoration.
By that I am helping out a couple of European builders and that is my ending. So I am not really looking into this seriously as a means of income.
Just having fun while at it.
Will be contacting you soon for some resin molded parts. Won't be getting my hands dirty with casting. :shocked: That is for sure.

Keep up the good and SERIOUS work.