PDA

View Full Version : General Seriously? Houston approved GROUT?!?

congerz83
06-05-2013, 09:43 PM

NightFlyer
06-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Ha - yeah, I saw that too the last time I was at Menard's.

dmc6960
06-05-2013, 10:12 PM
That color has been around for a long while. It's not Houston approved. It may even pre-date them. Or at least their Kapac purchase in 1997.

Michael
06-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Ok, maybe I should share this, maybe not. I remodeled our master bathroom...and by "our" I mean "her", and when I say "remodeled", I mean "paid to have remodeled". Anyway, she designed it top to bottom, so when she saw Delorean colored grout named after the car, she picked that color as a nod to me. The color is a very light gray, and she doesn't like it. I thought it looked pretty good, but I could have picked a better color for light tan tile. I could not figure out why in the world she would pick a color she wasn't sure about just because of the name. She is over it now, after all it's only grout and only used on the floor, not the shower....and I am never in there anyway...and by "never" I mean "not allowed".

I'm guilty of that myself though, I just had our house repainted last month. I was choosing the color of the front door(I wanted something "regal" in appearance). I was torn between two dark coffee colors. One was named English Toffee, the other Syrian Coffee,....choice made easy.

dmc6960
06-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Funny you mention that. A friend of mine (you know, the one friend who always razzes on you for owning a "piece of crap DeLorean" [though mine is most decidedly NOT an actual piece of crap]), recently retiled his bathroom with a light earth tone tile and used DeLorean Grey grout. In the end, he wishes he went one shade darker. Another strike for the DeLorean!

dustybarn
06-05-2013, 11:26 PM
That color has been around since before 1987. I was a tilesetter back then and I can remember mixing lots of it.