PDA

View Full Version : 1980 Volvo for sale with 2.7 liter PRV motor and 5 speed.

Chris Burns
06-10-2013, 11:51 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/80-Volvo-264GLE-264-GLE-260-Sedan-6-Cyl-PRV-5-Speed-Manual-Overdrive-240-264-GLE-/181155822054?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a2dba79e6#ht_71305wt_1282

Dangermouse
06-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Nine grand seems a lot for this car???is that what they are going for.

Looks like a 4speed +OD not a 5speed +OD, not that it matters

Speedometer looks awfully familiar :) interesting that it is 6 digits though.

NightFlyer
06-11-2013, 12:35 AM
Nine grand seems a lot for this car???is that what they are going for.

Looks like a 4speed +OD not a 5speed +OD, not that it matters

Speedometer looks awfully familiar :) interesting that it is 6 digits though.

Yeah, the asking price is definitely out of the realm of the realistic! Not even mint condition 2.8L Bertones go for what he's wanting for his GLE.

I've seen quite a few of this seller's auctions over the last couple of years, and his online selling presentation is definitely second to none. He often offers very rare/unique/obscure cars from the late '70's - early '90's in seemingly fantastic condition, but his asking prices often seem ridiculously high. Leads me to believe that he is merely using eBay as an advertising forum, and completes most deals outside of eBay to avoid eBay's successful auction fees.

Dangermouse
06-11-2013, 09:21 AM
I getting intrigued by this car. It is clearly a 1980 US Spec Volvo, yet he claims it spent most of it's life in europe as a Diplomat car. Why wouldn't you buy a Euro-spec car for your Diplomat? Why ship a Volvo from sweden to US and then back again to germany (if teh Heidelberg comment is correct)? Weird.

But my favorite part is that the seller claims that "this isn't my day job", i.e. selling cars, yet then links to his listing for the rest of his 100 cars for sale.

Actually my favorite, favorite part is that buried in his listings for his other 100 cars, is his listing for 7.2oz bags of marshmallows (the real Kraft variety, mind you, not some knock off. Though he is selling them in blank zip-lock baggies) :histerical1:

NightFlyer
06-11-2013, 01:42 PM
I getting intrigued by this car. It is clearly a 1980 US Spec Volvo, yet he claims it spent most of it's life in europe as a Diplomat car. Why wouldn't you buy a Euro-spec car for your Diplomat? Why ship a Volvo from sweden to US and then back again to germany (if teh Heidelberg comment is correct)? Weird.

But my favorite part is that the seller claims that "this isn't my day job", i.e. selling cars, yet then links to his listing for the rest of his 100 cars for sale.

Actually my favorite, favorite part is that buried in his listings for his other 100 cars, is his listing for 7.2oz bags of marshmallows (the real Kraft variety, mind you, not some knock off. Though he is selling them in blank zip-lock baggies) :histerical1:

For a while, he was listing a Safety White '75 Bricklin SV-1 with the 350 Windsor. Not sure if that ever sold or if he still has it.

Yeah, the whole bulk breakfast cereal grade marshmallows thing is quite the combination with cars - who knew that the two go hand-in-hand :dunno:

Farrar
06-11-2013, 06:18 PM
White stuff in little baggies and cars?

:gasp:

Dangermouse
06-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Actually pink and blue and yellow and white stuff in baggies.