PDA

View Full Version : Flock of DeLoreans

Sladelorean
06-13-2013, 09:09 PM
I don't know what to call it really but as a group, once a year, maybe two... We should drive our DeLoreans to a small business, contact the local News and buy one or two items... We can hangout, tell others about the store/restaurant to shop here and of course show of our cars8) We can create a sign saying something like you've been flocked with a picture of a DeLorean doors open... What do you think of this idea?

wrkey
06-13-2013, 10:05 PM
With the attention we get, should be able to contact the business owner before hand and get a free meal (resteraunt) or a discount or something. It would be a good advertising for them.

Jonathan
06-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Our group has gone on a couple summer drives with a dozen or so cars in the past, and we often stop at a certain gas station/coffee shop. It is always pretty funny when people drive by or are stopped in there and are like "what the heck is going on here?!" It's strange enough for most people to see one or two, but a dozen together, one of them a Time Machine, and maybe a General Lee or Bricklin or DeTomaso Pantera bringing up the rear is really quite the spectacle.

This has always been my favorite picture of one of those drives. Not a shot of us stopped at the gas station, but instead the "flock" on the way somewhere...

SamHill
06-14-2013, 10:20 AM
I don't know what to call it really but as a group, once a year, maybe two... We should drive our DeLoreans to a small business, contact the local News and buy one or two items... We can hangout, tell others about the store/restaurant to shop here and of course show of our cars8) We can create a sign saying something like you've been flocked with a picture of a DeLorean doors open... What do you think of this idea?

I like it. Sounds like a good way to defray the costs of a meet up.

Morpheus
06-19-2013, 02:41 PM
The challenge with this idea is getting more than a few owners in the area to:

A. agree on a date/time/location.
B. have running/driving Ds.
C. be willing to drive their car.

Historically speaking, this is more likely when the event is scheduled on the weekend of a car show or other big event that draws D owners out into the open.

wrkey
06-19-2013, 04:22 PM
That's why I think the coordination with the business owners would help in getting more cars there.

Ever been to the beach when someone throws a handful of bread crumbs out for the Sea Gulls?

Same concept. Put out the free food/stuff) and a flock of D-Gulls will show up!