PDA

View Full Version : DELOREAN VIN Photo album

ALEXAKOS
06-14-2013, 07:30 AM
http://www.dmcvins.com/

I think this is a nice effort to have an electronic VINbook as a reference.

Would like to see a better layout than it already has, fitting more images per page but I truly want to boost this site and have everybody contribute in completing (as much possible) this effort.

Unless you have a reason not to get involved.:blackeye:

"GOT PICS?"

Dangermouse
06-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Man, that site was off-line for a long time. I thought it had died.

ALEXAKOS
06-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Oh Really? I was wondering why it was not mentioned in here (juts one post in a very old thread)

Andy
06-14-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm allready on there ... (with a very old picture)

Delorean02378
06-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Here's a site with the most vin plates and the most current info.

http://www.txdmc.org/

Click on registry and find my vin.

Shannon is really good about keeping this updated.

ALEXAKOS
06-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Here's a site with the most vin plates and the most current info.

http://www.txdmc.org/

Click on registry and find my vin.

Shannon is really good about keeping this updated.

You're right! that is the best DMC VIN Database. But if they could merge those two sites and have the images in there to would be perfect!
Can you ask Shannon if that is possible?

Exolis
06-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Owned my DeLorean since 2006, been meaning to get around to add mine to the list, so finally sent submission to the DOD site. And updated forum profile with VIN too lol.

DMCMW Dave
06-18-2013, 03:38 PM
So - which one of these is the more common source of VIN Tag photos in phony eBay ads?

Farrar
06-18-2013, 03:46 PM
So - which one of these is the more common source of VIN Tag photos in phony eBay ads?

:hysterical:

Delorean02378
06-18-2013, 04:01 PM

Fortunately, he tags them.

Josh
06-19-2013, 03:07 AM
I knew about the texas site before, however I tried to add my car. I put in my vin and it says it already exists, as the PO (Kirk) entered it. So I try to update it and it asks for his password. This seems like a flaw in the system.

Citizen
06-19-2013, 07:07 AM
I knew about the texas site before, however I tried to add my car. I put in my vin and it says it already exists, as the PO (Kirk) entered it. So I try to update it and it asks for his password. This seems like a flaw in the system.

PM from the Texas club sent.

Citizen
06-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Owned my DeLorean since 2006, been meaning to get around to add mine to the list, so finally sent submission to the DOD site. And updated forum profile with VIN too lol.

PM sent.

Citizen
06-19-2013, 08:22 AM

PM from the Texas Club sent.

ALEXAKOS
06-19-2013, 08:26 AM
So I take it "citizen" is not the watch maker company but the member who runs DMC Texas club?:lockdance:
Please inform me on how to submit my image.

Great site keeping BTW!;)
Always well updated and very informative.

Citizen
06-19-2013, 08:33 AM
So I take it "citizen" is not the watch maker company but the member who runs DMC Texas club?

Yes, correct! Watch making would be much harder than running the DMC Texas site ! :)

Please inform me on how to submit my image.

You can email it to me (Thomas) or Shannon (email addresses found on the Texas club web site). We'll get your pictures up there.

Great site keeping BTW!;)
Always well updated and very informative.

Thanks! Always good to hear a kind word of validation.

Thomas

ALEXAKOS
06-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Good to have a contact.
Sorry I am nowhere near Texas to be joining your get togethers.

Will do my best in motivation members in here to add their pics in your DB:angel:

Josh
06-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Well we got that cleared up. Glad the registry is being kept by people like citizen!

Kenny_Z
06-19-2013, 02:08 PM
I need to email an update for Red seeing as she's no longer red.

Kevin
07-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Just now noticing this thread.

I own dmcvins.com now. I renewed the domain and archived the site after Bernie M. passed away to make sure his efforts lived on in some form. I've been trying to come up with ideas of things to do with the domain to modernize it and allow folks to add information about their cars, let me know if you all have any thoughts.

Conundrum
07-11-2013, 05:29 PM
http://www.dmcvins.com/

I think this is a nice effort to have an electronic VINbook as a reference.

Would like to see a better layout than it already has, fitting more images per page but I truly want to boost this site and have everybody contribute in completing (as much possible) this effort.

Unless you have a reason not to get involved.:blackeye:

"GOT PICS?"Good friend of mine started that sight. After he passed, I wish someone that knows how to run a site could have taken over. He knew a lot more about running them than me.

ALEXAKOS
07-13-2013, 02:54 AM
Good friend of mine started that sight. After he passed, I wish someone that knows how to run a site could have taken over. He knew a lot more about running them than me.

He passed? I am sorry to hear that. Well do you have the codes to enter and revive it? It is a treasure of vin related images.

Dangermouse
07-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Did Kevin above, in post 20, not take on the running if the site?

Or does he just own the URL but not the content?

Kevin
07-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Good friend of mine started that sight. After he passed, I wish someone that knows how to run a site could have taken over. He knew a lot more about running them than me.

He passed? I am sorry to hear that. Well do you have the codes to enter and revive it? It is a treasure of vin related images.

Did Kevin above, in post 20, not take on the running if the site?

Or does he just own the URL but not the content?

Yes I have the site now. I own the domain and host all the content and can make any changes. Once I get then time, I think I'd like to redesign the site and make it so owners can add and update their own information. I'm a web developer by trade so I'd likely write a custom application. But for now, I simply wanted Bernie's effort to live on after his hosting expired.

banzai
01-07-2015, 09:07 PM
How do I post photos?
Thanks, Banzai

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Citizen
01-10-2015, 07:22 AM

How do I post photos?

If you send me your pictures, I will post them on the Texas site. You can sort of see how it works here (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vins.asp?start=1700&stop=1990) (example list of VINs) and here (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_disp.asp?start=5788) (individual VIN example).

I don't know the folks that run DMCVINs.com, and I certainly don't want to overshadow the work they are doing (I think it is great). Actually, I wish there were some way that we could work together, so we don't end up duplicating each others work.

That said, the Texas site is designed to accommodate several pictures of each VIN. Generally the VIN plate, one exterior, one interior, one window sticker, or engine compartment, or other (or something like that). It is not meant to be a data bank, or cloud storage for every picture everyone has of their cars, that would be way to much. Instead, it is meant to show specialty pictures or items about cars that are unusual or out of the ordinary, so it is limited in number and size on purpose so that we don't get runaway posts, and bog down the site. Everybody already knows what a normal DeLorean looks like anyway, so no need to post ordinary pictures. Thus, I don't let anybody post their own pictures, but instead ask that up to 4 unique pictures be sent to me. I will convert them to the proper format, scale, watermark and post them. With your permission, of course.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, here or via email.

Thomas

lazabby
12-13-2015, 05:19 PM
If you don't see your VIN plate at www.tcdmc.org then send us a photo if you want to include it.

refugeefromcalif
12-13-2015, 05:33 PM
If you don't see your VIN plate at www.tcdmc.org then send us a photo if you want to include it.

Shannon, your link doesn't work in Safari or Firefox?

George

Citizen
12-13-2015, 05:56 PM
Shannon, your link doesn't work in Safari or Firefox?

George

The correct link is: www.txdmc.org. Then point to "Registry" and click "Find My VIN".

Or, if you are a member of the DOD, use www.deloreanownersdirectory.net, where you can update your own owner information.

Thomas

lazabby
12-14-2015, 09:35 AM

Sorry for the wrong website address. Citizen stepped in and gave the right one.