PDA

View Full Version : Is there a fuse for the A/C fan?

sadeeky
06-22-2013, 01:15 AM
Yesterday My car didn't start so I jumped it. I think it was because my door wasn't closed all the way. Anyway I jumped it and every thing is fine so now my AC is not blowing cold. the fan is working fine but not its not blowing cold at all. I just had my A/C serviced a month ago and it was blowing ice cold and so I know there is freon in it. Is there a fuse that might be blown? if so what fuse is it? if you can by picture would be great. I suck an mechanical stuff to know what is going on and I dont want to pull each fuse out and check. Maybe there is another problem. Please help

NightFlyer
06-22-2013, 01:32 AM
Yesterday My car didn't start so I jumped it. I think it was because my door wasn't closed all the way. Anyway I jumped it and every thing is fine so now my AC is not blowing cold. the fan is working fine but not its not blowing cold at all. I just had my A/C serviced a month ago and it was blowing ice cold and so I know there is freon in it. Is there a fuse that might be blown? if so what fuse is it? if you can by picture would be great. I suck an mechanical stuff to know what is going on and I dont want to pull each fuse out and check. Maybe there is another problem. Please help

You said that the blower motor / fan is working fine - the air coming out is just not cold, right?

So, I'm guessing that you're asking about a fuse for the a/c compressor, yes?

Check fuse 10. If that looks OK, then check to see if you are getting power at the low pressure switch by the accumulator when you have the mode switch set to A/C.

If there is power at the switch, then one of two possibilities:

1) Your refrigerant has leaked out to a dangerously low level and the switch is doing its job in preventing damage to the system that would otherwise occur by running the compressor with a low refrigerant level. The fix here would be to find the leak in the system, repair it, and recharge the system.

2) If you're certain that the refrigerant is still fully charged, then the low pressure switch is malfunctioning and should be replaced.

Hope that helps!

Jonathan
06-22-2013, 09:14 AM

You may have developed a leak in the freon system within the last month, so we won't rule that out quite yet.

As was mentioned, a quick check to see if the freon is low (where it will tell you either the actual freon is low or the low pressure switch is problematic) would be to put the key in the ignition, turn it to on but don't start the engine. With the HVAC mode control set pointing to MAX A/C, you should hear the clutch on the A/C compressor "clack" in.

You can do this test yourself or if you have a helper, they could watch the engine bay area as one of you turns the key. Again, no need to run the engine to do this. On the rear side of the compressor where the belt is connected, that entire circular "pulley" type thing that the belt is circling will pull in when the compressor is engaged. Like a clutch on a transmission somewhat. The noise it makes when it does this sounds like a "clack". Strange description, but when you hear it, you might agree.

If it clacks in when you do this test, it isn't the freon pressure, but is something else. Check the fuses first before doing this I'd say as well. If it doesn't clack in, you can jumper the low pressure switch and see if that makes the compressor clack in. This will at least tell you if the freon is low or the switch is shot. Again, don't do the jumper test with the engine running, only with it in "on." Compressors don't like to be tricked into running with no freon in there.

It could even be something silly and easier than above. Check the squiggly little wire on top of the compressor as the connector on it may have loosened itself free.

sadeeky
06-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Thanks you guys I found out it was a leak in the evaporator. So I ordered an new one from DMCH and a AC place locally is installing it for me. Again I appreciate yalls help

Farrar
07-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Why is this in the "how to" section? It is not a write-up of a procedure with instructions and pictures for others to follow.

Dangermouse
07-02-2013, 07:57 PM
It's a "How-to?" rather than a "How-to:"

;)

sadeeky
07-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Why is this in the "how to" section? It is not a write-up of a procedure with instructions and pictures for others to follow.

Who the hell cares dude. I asked a question and they were nice enough to answer it for me. Please spare the specifics

sadeeky
07-02-2013, 09:48 PM
You may have developed a leak in the freon system within the last month, so we won't rule that out quite yet.

As was mentioned, a quick check to see if the freon is low (where it will tell you either the actual freon is low or the low pressure switch is problematic) would be to put the key in the ignition, turn it to on but don't start the engine. With the HVAC mode control set pointing to MAX A/C, you should hear the clutch on the A/C compressor "clack" in.

You can do this test yourself or if you have a helper, they could watch the engine bay area as one of you turns the key. Again, no need to run the engine to do this. On the rear side of the compressor where the belt is connected, that entire circular "pulley" type thing that the belt is circling will pull in when the compressor is engaged. Like a clutch on a transmission somewhat. The noise it makes when it does this sounds like a "clack". Strange description, but when you hear it, you might agree.

If it clacks in when you do this test, it isn't the freon pressure, but is something else. Check the fuses first before doing this I'd say as well. If it doesn't clack in, you can jumper the low pressure switch and see if that makes the compressor clack in. This will at least tell you if the freon is low or the switch is shot. Again, don't do the jumper test with the engine running, only with it in "on." Compressors don't like to be tricked into running with no freon in there.

It could even be something silly and easier than above. Check the squiggly little wire on top of the compressor as the connector on it may have loosened itself free.

Thanks bud for your help That's awesome

Farrar
07-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Who the hell cares dude.

People who are looking for instructions and not someone else's question.

There are rules on DMCTalk for a reason. If you have a problem with the rules, go and bitch at one of the moderators.

sadeeky
07-03-2013, 02:05 AM
People who are looking for instructions and not someone else's question.

There are rules on DMCTalk for a reason. If you have a problem with the rules, go and bitch at one of the moderators.

Yall really have nothing better to do? REALLY I had a question and people were nice enough to answer it. Seriously!! I asked question last time I checked it was a general discussion. Get a life dude

Farrar
07-03-2013, 08:55 AM
last time I checked it was a general discussion.

That's because it was moved to the proper section of the forum.

Stay classy, kid. :)