PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Suspension overhaul hardware

Josh
06-28-2013, 03:43 AM
Well as some of you may know I am doing a frame off. I plan on replacing all hardware while I am at it. Basically all nuts, bolts, and washers associated with the suspension, steering, cooling system... Basically anything that bolts to the frame. I am preparing to go through each washer and bolt and measure diameters and lengths. However I thought it would be a good idea to ask if anyone has made this list in the past. I know I am not the first person to do this!

Thanks!

sdg3205
06-28-2013, 10:48 AM
The 8 snub washers on the UCA are a bizarro size, so keep as many of those as you can. Otherwise the parts diagram and DMCH site has all the info.

There isn't much to it and most update kits like Toby's sway bar and Byrnes LCAs will come with new and different hardware

Josh
06-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Yeah I noticed that about the washers, they are saved! I would like to switch over to stainless wherever possible to avoid corrosion. As for bolts Zinc is the best balance of cost and corrosion resistance.

I am planning on using a combination of carefully looking at the pictures on DMCH and measuring existing bolts to obtain sizes. however some of the pictures on DMCH are wrong for example the drive axle bolt length. Makes me hesitant about other bolt sizes.