PDA

View Full Version : SEDOC Get Together at Tripwire Interactive - July 13, 2013

RammJaeger
07-01-2013, 09:27 PM
So being new to the group I thought it might be fun to have a get together of the Atlanta area (or farther away if they want to drive in) Delorean owners just to give me a chance to meet some of the other people and for us all to hang out a bit. So I picked Saturday, July 13, 2013 from 11AM-2PM. The event will be at my game development studio, Tripwire Interactive, 925 Woodstock Road, Roswell GA 30075. The game development studio has a big parking lot so there should be plenty of room for our cars. For those interested I'll give a tour of the game studio. There is also a pizza place right across the parking lot that we can all grab lunch at.

Like I said this is just a get together, hang out, scope out each other's car's etc. Please let me know if you plan to attend by responding to this thread.

RammJaeger
07-02-2013, 08:24 PM
... watches as a tumbleweed rolls across his thread... Anyone coming :) The pizza place next door is pretty good.

Dangermouse
07-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Wait! There'll be tumbleweed? I'm in!

This is how out get to gether planning works:

I say I'm coming and then have to pull out at the last minute.
Chris forgets what day it is.
Sean gets halfway there and then has to turn back
Ben can't travel
Nullset forgets about it

J/k

We take a little while to commit. We are all guys after all.

I'm hoping to be there but it will probably be sans-D for obvious reasons.

Soundkillr
07-02-2013, 09:20 PM

Ben can't travel
Nullset forgets about it

J/k

Yep that sums me up. Except its "I won't travel" :)
If its local I'm in. Yea I know. I'm anti social. And geographically prejudiced.

RammJaeger
07-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Great, as long as one other D owner shows up :) I'll be there with mine, I get it back from the shop tomorrow, now with functioning AC :) What is wrong with yours?

Dangermouse
07-02-2013, 09:37 PM
All its luck ran out last week :)

Need to get the transmission fixed. :(

DeLorean6934
07-03-2013, 12:12 AM
my wife and i might be able to come. My deLorean isnt running yet though:(

RammJaeger
07-03-2013, 12:48 PM
my wife and i might be able to come. My deLorean isnt running yet though:(

Cool I'll bring my wife as well so she'll have another woman to talk to :)

Bikercmbc
07-03-2013, 02:51 PM
I usually say I'm coming and then once it gets closer i decide not to drive the 3hrs down there, or something comes up. this time I will not be able to come, my sisters wedding is that day. I'll see about the next one. oh yeah... sedocers i'm down to only one delorean now, sold the other one. looking at getting my next project car or possibly a lotus espirt, we will see what happens

sphiend
07-03-2013, 07:47 PM

Ben can't travel
Nullset forgets about it

J/k

Mine always has some issue that makes me not want to take it too far. Of course, it's now at Ron's getting some yearly love. Winter seems to have stolen it's cold air and that darn gear oil just does not want to stay in its home.

RammJaeger
07-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Mine always has some issue that makes me not want to take it too far. Of course, it's now at Ron's getting some yearly love. Winter seems to have stolen it's cold air and that darn gear oil just does not want to stay in its home.

Is Ron a mechanic?

Also, the weather forecast is looking better for next Saturday. Down to a 20% chance of rain!

Dangermouse
07-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Ron is many things - moderator, firefighter, mechanic, and our go-to guy for A/C problems. :thumbup2:

RammJaeger
07-10-2013, 12:37 PM
So we're 3 days out, how is it looking for some of you all to come out?

nullset
07-10-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm pretty busy this weekend or I'd RSVP so I can forget to show up.......

Ron
07-11-2013, 03:38 PM
I missed the last one and was making a point to go to the next. But with more travel time one way than meet time, I was considering taking a whip with me to the Atlanta OTP Area while giving a fill in project car its first workout in about 3 1/2 years, if I could get caught up.

Dangermouse
07-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Nope, sorry, I made the mistake of committing, which means I have to pull out. :(

Freaky Beetle
07-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Would love to show up, but we are volunteering this weekend at the soup kitchen. I really wanted to come though. :(

Ron
07-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Nope, sorry, I made the mistake of committing, which means I have to pull out. :(

There's a "She said" joke in there somewhere :deviltail:

RammJaeger
07-12-2013, 07:39 AM
So is anyone coming :) BTW, if you have teenage boys they would probably kill for a chance to tour a video game studio, and I'll be happy to show them around the studio. Here is a link to what my company does:

http://www.tripwireinteractive.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoRa_WA-ugs

Freaky Beetle
07-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Teenage Boys!? I would love to tour a video game studio. :)

RammJaeger
07-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Teenage Boys!? I would love to tour a video game studio. :)

Does that mean your coming?

ccurzio
07-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Does that mean your coming?

I think he already did.

Dangermouse
07-12-2013, 12:49 PM
I think he already did.

:chairfall:

(We need a "spits coffee over monitor" smilie)

Farrar
07-12-2013, 01:10 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmp9aeJgmM1qchzcgo1_500.gif

dvonk
07-12-2013, 01:14 PM
:rofl:

Dangermouse
07-12-2013, 02:35 PM
That'll do :)

RammJaeger
07-13-2013, 10:51 AM
And I'm here at the building. Look for the Delorean across from the pizza place (Mellow Mushroom). Hopefully I'll see some of you all soon :)

RammJaeger
07-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Still here all by myself, anyone else coming?

Dangermouse
07-13-2013, 12:05 PM
I going to guess that we all suck !!!

I'd say that if you didn't get a confirmed Yes from anyone, then no-one can make it.

SEDOC get-to-gethers are hard to achieve ;(

RammJaeger
07-13-2013, 12:10 PM
I going to guess that we all suck !!!

I'd say that if you didn't get a confirmed Yes from anyone, then no-one can make it.

SEDOC get-to-gethers are hard to achieve ;(

Yep, you all suck :) Hanging here with my lovely wife and no other SEDOCers.

Ron
07-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Want to borrow the whip?
:angry_whip:

Roman Legion
07-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Yep, you all suck :) Hanging here with my lovely wife and no other SEDOCers.

I would have love to come, but I'm at work and 5 hours away. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

You can borrow the assault rifle.
:gunfire:

or the sniper rifle
:sniper:

unless pistols are your thing
:gun:

Jagreen
07-18-2013, 09:53 AM
To all, i'm kinda new to this site. I have an 81 of which my mother-in-law purchased new (in Columbus, Ohio) for her now late husband, Dr. John Peter Minton, MD, PHD. The DMC has been in Atlanta since the mid 90's ... and has since been updated with the following: Stage II HP new crate engine, DMC Performance Spring & Shock kit, overhauled Brake & Fuel systems, updated Nology electronics and relay system ... along with all the related and appropriate items like, new clutch & PP, wheel bearings, heater core, springs, bushings, hoses, etc, etc. RO has 6 1/2 pages of items ... all this work was performed by DMC-Florida in Bonita Springs.

I'm not sure if I want to sell it, or add a turbo, trade it or what ... suggestions, comments, and or offers are welcome ... here or at [email protected].

Also, would like to meet some of the other DMC owners from the area.

All the best,
Jeff Green
678-822-3070
[email protected]

Soundkillr
07-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Hey Jeff, it's Ben. We met years ago in kennesaw. You saw my delorean, and I followed you to your house. I have the bae turbo car.
Good to hear from you. Would love for us all to get together soon. We all need to make that happen.
As far as the turbo, you won't be able to add one to your stage 2 because the cams aren't ideal for the turbo, and you would have to lose the headers, and use cast manifolds. Your best bet would be to check into the stage 3. I think it still uses stage 2 exhaust and heads with slightly different cams. If you wanted to sell, I'm sure there would be several people interested. You could always post in the for sale section.