PDA

View Full Version : In Atlanta (West Cobb County) Lic "81 DMC". Vin 6009

Jagreen
07-18-2013, 10:09 AM
To all, i'm kinda new to this site. I have an 81 of which my mother-in-law purchased new (in Columbus, Ohio) for her now late husband, Dr. John Peter Minton, MD, PHD. The DMC has been in Atlanta since the mid 90's ... and has since been updated with the following: Stage II HP new crate engine, DMC Performance Spring & Shock kit, overhauled Brake & Fuel systems, updated Nology electronics and relay system ... along with all the related and appropriate items like, new clutch & PP, wheel bearings, heater core, springs, bushings, hoses, etc, etc. RO has 6 1/2 pages of items ... all this work was performed by DMC-Florida in Bonita Springs.

I'm not sure if I want to sell it, or add a turbo, trade it or what ... suggestions, comments, and or offers are welcome ... here or at [email protected].

Also, would like to meet some of the other DMC owners from the area.

All the best,
Jeff Green
678-822-3070
[email protected]

Dangermouse
07-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Welcome Jeff. Good to see another car come forward.

ALEXAKOS
07-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Hi Jeff.
You have a first hand D in your possession that you are thinking of selling / modifying?
Most of us go a long way to see the history of our car. Yours has been in the "family" from day one? WOW!

Don't ask us what you can so for your D. Ask what your D can do for you!
If the answer is "nothing" then I am sure there are hundreds of eagerly waiting new owners out there who will love it, especially with such a stable history.

Welcome to the club and hope to keep you in here with our fun community.

BTW your D was 17 D's behind mine in the assembly line...

RammJaeger
07-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Jeff,

I work in Roswell and live in Woodstock, how far is that away from where you live? I'm also dying to meet up with some other local area Delorean owners. So yeah lets get together!

John

Soundkillr
07-18-2013, 09:38 PM
Hey Jeff, it's Ben. We met years ago in kennesaw. You saw my delorean, and I followed you to your house. I have the bae turbo car.
Good to hear from you. Would love for us all to get together soon. We all need to make that happen.
As far as the turbo, you won't be able to add one to your stage 2 because the cams aren't ideal for the turbo, and you would have to lose the headers, and use cast manifolds. Your best bet would be to check into the stage 3. I think it still uses stage 2 exhaust and heads with slightly different cams. If you wanted to sell, I'm sure there would be several people interested. You could always post in the for sale section.

ccurzio
07-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Hey, I just moved to west Cobb.

RammJaeger
07-18-2013, 11:30 PM
I tried to do a SEDOC get together a couple of weeks ago, and no one came. Hopefully we can actually get some D owners off thier couch sometime soon for a meetup.

Ron
07-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Nobody came because Ryan didn't say he was going to show up.......

Ryan
07-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Sorry, I dropped the ball on this one. Oh and RammJaeger, you should know something about SEDOC. We all secretly hate each other. We only meet when someone wants free work done on their car. We never meet just to socialize.

sean
07-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Sorry, I dropped the ball on this one.
Waaaayyyyy to easy Williams.

Ryan
07-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Damn, I thought I could get away with it since you claim not to be an active member in the delorean community anymore.

sean
07-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Damn, I thought I could get away with it since you claim not to be an active member in the delorean community anymore.

But I'll always be an active annoyance in the Ryan Williams community, I paid the life time dues at Bache's house.

Ryan
07-19-2013, 11:59 AM
But I'll always be an active annoyance in the Ryan Williams community, I paid the life time dues at Bache's house.

:biggrin:

Dangermouse
07-19-2013, 12:05 PM
WTH. Is this 2008? Ryan and Sean making double back-to-back posts in the same thread on the same day!!!!

Eroc
07-19-2013, 12:25 PM

Thank you for the mention.......

Ryan
07-19-2013, 02:04 PM
WTH. Is this 2008? Ryan and Sean making double back-to-back posts in the same thread on the same day!!!!

Haha, and Eric is participating too. I think the forum is experiencing a disturbance in the space time continuum.

ccurzio
07-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Today is July 19.

DL4567
07-19-2013, 03:06 PM
This thread makes me sad. It's like old times.

nullset
07-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Hey guys, what'd I miss?

Ron
07-19-2013, 06:00 PM
This thread makes me sad. It's like old times.

We know how to fix that....just a matter of when and where!

Ryan, where would you most like to not show up?

Ryan
07-19-2013, 06:22 PM
We know how to fix that....just a matter of when and where!

Ryan, where would you most like to not show up?

Ugh, don't make me choose just one place. You guys name a place and I'll set a reminder to post that I'm coming and then not show up.

Dangermouse
07-19-2013, 08:07 PM
I nominate Ryan's house ;)

Soundkillr
07-19-2013, 09:16 PM
At least the sedoc thread had a good turn out. I can't believe both Sean and Eric posted in one day! How you guys been anyway??

RammJaeger
07-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Sorry, I dropped the ball on this one. Oh and RammJaeger, you should know something about SEDOC. We all secretly hate each other. We only meet when someone wants free work done on their car. We never meet just to socialize.

Hey, I could use some free work on my car! :)

sean
07-19-2013, 10:53 PM
At least the sedoc thread had a good turn out. I can't believe both Sean and Eric posted in one day! How you guys been anyway??

Better for sure. I can't believe Eric posted either, now there's a longshot. Utinni!

Jagreen
07-22-2013, 08:57 AM
Thanks all for the posts. Looks like a good group.

A few general replays:
1) I can be in Woodstock in @ 30 min. The downtown area has been revitalized ... Good restaurants ... Happy to meet with any one interested.
2) We all really should get together as a group ... Location does not matter to me.
3) I have a few things the family has collected over the years ... some of you may not have seen - the enthusiasts probably have - would love to share them and see what y'all have.
4) May I suggest we look at a date? Say August 10th? Or 11th. Post which one is best for you, and what part of the city makes sense to you. Or agree to the following proposal.

Woodstock area Saturday 8/10 @ 2pm.

Roman Legion
07-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Thanks all for the posts. Looks like a good group.

A few general replays:
1) I can be in Woodstock in @ 30 min. The downtown area has been revitalized ... Good restaurants ... Happy to meet with any one interested.
2) We all really should get together as a group ... Location does not matter to me.
3) I have a few things the family has collected over the years ... some of you may not have seen - the enthusiasts probably have - would love to share them and see what y'all have.
4) May I suggest we look at a date? Say August 10th? Or 11th. Post which one is best for you, and what part of the city makes sense to you. Or agree to the following proposal.

Woodstock area Saturday 8/10 @ 2pm.

How about a meeting in Bristol, VA? :wink:

Eroc
07-23-2013, 01:13 PM

Things are going good!! My D is back up and running.......