PDA

View Full Version : I got banned from DMCToday!!

thirdmanj
07-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Unmoderated/uncensored forum my ass. Those pricks! :p
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/21/uqe6eda2.jpg

Michael
07-20-2013, 08:30 PM
I don't know why you are so mad, I read the thread in question...you were REALLY asking for it. Second, it was just a temporary ban, it will be lifted in a few hours. Until then have a can of tuna, grease your ball joints with peanut butter(not extra crunchy), re-support your seats with some gaffer tape and cut out some spare water pump gaskets from a box of Froot Loops.

Extra points for the person who can tell which repair was made up :devil:

Spittybug
07-20-2013, 08:33 PM
For the love of God. It's bad enough that we have to put up with the moaning and groaning of those that have issues with THIS forum, must we now be subjected to their moaning and groaning about OTHER forums?

Can we put an end to this crap once and for all?

Michael
07-20-2013, 08:37 PM
For the love of God. It's bad enough that we have to put up with the moaning and groaning of those that have issues with THIS forum, must we now be subjected to their moaning and groaning about OTHER forums?

Can we put an end to this crap once and for all?

I feel the same way but...my mouse clicked on the link all by itself. I was powerless to stop it. Before the thread loaded I tried to turn off the computer so I would not be forced to read this nonsense, but again that damn mouse sped right over and bit my hand...if only I had kept the wired mouse I could at least get away from him, but this wireless monster pretty much rules my internet travels.

I can't be blamed too much, I have had a 101 temp for the last 2 days...I really need this. My DeLorean story book and my new Chuck Yeager autobiography take too much brain power to read in this weak state...but threads like this don't require much IQ to enjoy.

EDIT: wow 20 people viewing and only 4 logged in, this should clarify things:

thirdmanj
07-20-2013, 09:27 PM
I don't know why you are so mad, I read the thread in question...you were REALLY asking for it. Second, it was just a temporary ban, it will be lifted in a few hours. Until then have a can of tuna, grease your ball joints with peanut butter(not extra crunchy), re-support your seats with some gaffer tape and cut out some spare water pump gaskets from a box of Froot Loops.

Oh I know. I was just proving a point. Heh, I love the reason. That's some funny shit.

sdg3205
07-20-2013, 11:13 PM
I just checked that forum out today for the first time from what I can tell it exists for a few very specific reasons:

1. So bill can call the car crap ad nauseum.

2. So bill can can make negative references to certain DmcTalkers

3. So red neck repairs can be explored without backlash

4. So bill can take a steaming dump on the history of the company and the efforts made to bring the car to market.

5. So bill can promote his improvements.

At least they are having a good time. It's easy to see how the mindset of that forum is night and day from this one. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but I know which one gives me a headache.

Farrar
07-20-2013, 11:28 PM
You forgot:

6. So Steve can post videos of himself.

Roman Legion
07-20-2013, 11:33 PM
You forgot:

6. So Steve can post videos of himself.

That's disgusting! :vomit_2:

sdg3205
07-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Actually I kinda liked the ramen bath video!

Dangermouse
07-20-2013, 11:36 PM

Repair #3.

Clearly it should be Nutella.

sdg3205
07-20-2013, 11:38 PM
Repair #3.

Clearly it should be Nutella.

I prefer Vegemite

Roman Legion
07-20-2013, 11:50 PM
I prefer Vegemite

The cream inside Junior Mints is best, clearly.

mluder
07-21-2013, 01:36 AM
I will continue to visit DMCToday because of my insatiable appetite for all things DeLorean... However I lost all respect (and there wasn't much to begin with) when I read a post/discussion about how Big Lots had a coupon on AC rechargers. These yahoos buy them buy the case rather than spend a few dollars here and there to actually REPAIR their air con systems.

I bet all the money they spend on cannisters of recharge a couple times a year could pay for the parts to fix the system and a single recharge that would last years.

Dolts.

Cheers
Steven

NightFlyer
07-21-2013, 01:47 AM
For the record, I did not lodge a single complaint with DMCToday mods, nor did I request this banning. I don't cry to moderators, nor do I accuse fellow members/owners of violating forum rules. After all, I'm a
conservative over generalizing ass! 8)

ccurzio
07-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Uncensored DeLorean Discussion...

...until you get censored. :D

Farrar
07-22-2013, 01:45 AM
I bet all the money they spend on cannisters of recharge a couple times a year could pay for the parts to fix the system and a single recharge that would last years.

You are partially correct. One of the guys who bought a tray of R-134a (12 cans) has used several of his cans helping friends and family repair or convert their systems from R-12, and tops off his system once a year with a fresh can. The other guy used 10 cans to charge one of the buses at his church. He also tops up his system once a year with a fresh can.

Now this is the weird part: they are also both planning to make a hefty profit re-selling their bought-at-a-discount R-134a on eBay when it ceases to be manufactured. Neither of them knows when this will be, so... go figure. I shrug my shoulders and move on.

mluder
07-23-2013, 05:03 AM
You are partially correct. One of the guys who bought a tray of R-134a (12 cans) has used several of his cans helping friends and family repair or convert their systems from R-12, and tops off his system once a year with a fresh can. The other guy used 10 cans to charge one of the buses at his church. He also tops up his system once a year with a fresh can.

Now this is the weird part: they are also both planning to make a hefty profit re-selling their bought-at-a-discount R-134a on eBay when it ceases to be manufactured. Neither of them knows when this will be, so... go figure. I shrug my shoulders and move on.

:thumbup:

Cheers
Steven

thirdmanj
10-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Uncensored DeLorean Discussion...

...until you get censored. :D

Yup. Don't use profanity over their either. Steve doesn't like it. He'll completely revoke all your posting privileges and put you in a little corner..... Hmm, funny, I seem to recall the same thing happening to him. Not for profanity, but his other obnoxious behavior. Yup, big claps for Steve. He's failed to run an uncensored, minimally moderated forum.

DMCVegas
10-04-2013, 12:14 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121211054161/hitlerparody/images/8/8b/Who-the-hell-cares-90519235208.jpeg

If I wanted to experience Bill, Steve, and every other moron that got banned, I'd head to the nearest underpass and watch deranged homeless guys pass a bottle around while they argue over whose imaginary voice was the right one to listen to when it came to who was the celestially chosen one to reign over the dumpster behind the gas station. I shit Dinty Moore and wipe my ass with French Toast! Because that honestly what it is like conversing with them and trying to understand their hijinks.

thirdmanj
10-04-2013, 12:25 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121211054161/hitlerparody/images/8/8b/Who-the-hell-cares-90519235208.jpeg

If I wanted to experience Bill, Steve, and every other moron that got banned, I'd head to the nearest underpass and watch deranged homeless guys pass a bottle around while they argue over whose imaginary voice was the right one to listen to when it came to who was the celestially chosen one to reign over the dumpster behind the gas station. I shit Dinty Moore and wipe my ass with French Toast! Because that honestly what it is like conversing with them and trying to understand their hijinks.

I love you, man. ;)

thirdmanj
10-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Ok, just so we're clear, DMCToday is a complete joke (incase you didn't already think so) not only does this "uncensored" forum have a problem with profanity it apparently has a problem with nude women posting "tastefully" with DeLoreans. This joke forum has no posted rules other than "be nice" and by their actions it seems they want the exact same rules as Talk, just not spell them out. Someone needs to educate them as to what "uncensored" means.

ccurzio
10-04-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm going to need you to send me the photos in question so that I may review them and ensure that their not appearing on DMCToday is an appropriate response.

For science.

Dangermouse
10-04-2013, 06:35 PM
After much prodding, TJ found their weak spot and exploited it.

Fwiw, the 2 pictures weren't too bad, only one was a "nature" shot and he did preface the thread with NSFW

ccurzio
10-04-2013, 06:47 PM
I don't think we've learned anything here that we didn't already know.

The people that run DMCToday want their own little sandbox to play in, and they'll make up or change their rules as they go along. So let them have their sandbox. Doesn't affect DMCTalk one bit.

Josh
10-04-2013, 07:11 PM
I don't think we've learned anything here that we didn't already know.

The people that run DMCToday want their own little sandbox to play in, and they'll make up or change their rules as they go along. So let them have their sandbox. Doesn't affect DMCTalk one bit.

Until it spills over in threads like this. I feel like a minority sometimes, I just want to have civil discussions about owning and maintaining my car. So much drama that is completely unnecessary.

James, I do not know why you need to try and push people's buttons. Grow up. They are even catering to you and your adolescent behavior.

I will agree Steve's reaction to profanity goes against the forum rules. However as Accipiter mentioned they can do whatever the hell they want, it is their forum.

Michael
10-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Until it spills over in threads like this. I feel like a minority sometimes, I just want to have civil discussions about owning and maintaining my car. So much drama that is completely unnecessary.

I think that in a nutshell is why there are roughly 250 owners that post regularly here.

thirdmanj
10-04-2013, 07:29 PM

James, I do not know why you need to try and push people's buttons. Grow up. They are even catering to you and your adolescent behavior.

I will agree Steve's reaction to profanity goes against the forum rules. However as Accipiter mentioned they can do whatever the hell they want, it is their forum.

Just making a point, and calling out Today's hypocrisy. They don't understand the meaning of the word "uncensored". They want to be allowed to be disruptive on Talk and play their little games, and tell people "oh just put me on the ignore list" "you don't have to click on the thread", blah blah. They can't take their own advice over there on Today. Talk gave them WAY more chances.

Edit: Also, according to the forum owner, pictures of a naked woman are "not clean". I don't think two photos of a naked chick posing with a DeLorean constitute "not clean" or "dirty". That's something else I guess we fundamentally disagree on. A naked female body is not "diry" ...especially not the one I posted.

Michael
10-04-2013, 08:26 PM
I (being the unofficial moral rock of DMCTalk), shall also need to see the pictures in question. My PM box awaits your response, especially since Today made the remark they were posing next to your DeLorean?

thirdmanj
10-04-2013, 08:53 PM
I (being the unofficial moral rock of DMCTalk), shall also need to see the pictures in question. My PM box awaits your response, especially since Today made the remark they were posing next to your DeLorean?

Well then they're idiots. I never said it was my Delorean. It would apear as though "Uncensored" is now out of the Today title. Good. If you can't live up to it it shouldn't be there. But it's pretty fuckin' low of the guy. I was right, and instead of just saying "gee you know what James, you have a point. Maybe we do need to rethink our policy." They decide to side step, criticize, ban and block.
Apparently Im the immature one, and maybe I'll take that hit, but you don't see me spamming "French Toast" everywhere, making pointless videos in a ridiculous pimp suit (probably made in China, Nightflyer) or asking people (me) what color panties they're wearing. He just failed to get it. Talk ha enough of his shenanigans and he wasn't willing to play their game so he was banned. He thinks "look I'm smart, I'm gonna make this awesome uncensored DeLorean site where we won't censor or overmoderate because we're adults." Weeeelllp, called you on that bullshit, Steve. Guess you're not as tolerant as you wanted others to be.

DeLorean03
10-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Dude, I go to Ferrari Chat and Club Cobra, and the night and day with those two forums as the "day" and our community as the "night" is just scary.

I'm with Josh - civil discussions. Yeah, we may not all get along and hold hands, but at least we could try to respect the fact we all don't agree on the same things.

Good example: the PRV, Josh is all about it and improving it to run stronger in the DeLorean. That's great - good for him - I respect that. I, OTOH, want to go with a different engine altogether. It's not his thing - that's cool. He respects that. He likes the PRV and upgrading it; I like going with a different engine. We don't argue - we respect that we feel differently about the end goal of what we want to power our DeLoreans, and we move on.

I feel sometimes like that rational reasoning is almost - absent - in this community. I don't understand it. It's sickening.

I wish we could fix that. Honestly, if some of the guys from CC or FC came over here and saw some of this stuff - I'd be embarrassed.

Michael
10-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Well I personally think you put as much importance in being a part of today as Bill or Steve did in being a part of talk. It showed in both parties posts. You pushed the limits just to see what would happen if you did this or that, and kicked back and LOL'd at the results. Bill was banned for doing that over and over again, and rightly so. You were banned...and rightly so. If there is one good thing, at least the banned members over at today finally see why they themselves were banned from here. It would seem they do not like being on the receiving end no more than we did.

thirdmanj
10-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Well I personally think you put as much importance in being a part of today as Bill or Steve did in being a part of talk. It showed in both parties posts. You pushed the limits just to see what would happen if you did this or that, and kicked back and LOL'd at the results. Bill was banned for doing that over and over again, and rightly so. You were banned...and rightly so. If there is one good thing, at least the banned members over at today finally see why they themselves were banned from here. It would seem they do not like being on the receiving end no more than we did.

Well, not according to the "rules" or lack there of. I did nothing wrong. But the rest of it, yeah.

Mike C.
10-05-2013, 09:16 AM
It's extremely hard to run a forum with an 'uncensored' rule and try to keep the ideals that they brought up about the differences in how Talk and Today operate. When it's a forum amongst a couple of people who are like-minded, friends, or whatever, it's extremely easy to keep the forum going and going in that manner, which is fine. When more and more people join, it definitely makes the challenge that much more difficult. But unfortunately there comes times where certain outrageous things get said, pictures get posted, etc... that pushes the boundaries of what the term 'uncensored' and 'unmoderated' really mean.

We would all just love to post whatever and say whatever, but in reality as your numbers grow, you have to also think about the forum as a whole, as some members will get agitated and others will eventually get offended. Sometimes by just stepping back and saying a person 'is just being who they are' may be great for people that know something about that person, but when a total stranger looks in and reads and sees the comments, then it may make them ultimately uncomfortable.

Today definitely is a different style of forum, and I honestly wish them the best with their format. Time will tell if it is a successful.

At Talk, we are just going to concentrate on trying to keep things as civil between the boards and let them do what they do, while we will keep doing what we have been doing.

It is unfortunate that at times we have to remove people from our forum for various reasons, but at the same time sometimes we have to consider the big picture. As we are finding, some of our rules have some gray area which we are trying our best to adapt to. Sometimes things work, and sometimes they don't. All in all, we will always try to hear what people are saying and if it is something we feel we can adapt to or change, then we will attempt.

The main thing I think people need to remember is that it's just a car forum, and some of the drama gets completely over blown. We just want people to come on and enjoy, and that's what they should be able to do. That's our philosophy.

thirdmanj
10-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Heh heh heh, Lolz. Now they got a poll going about Ron being an Admin.

Ron
10-05-2013, 10:33 PM
:hysterical:
I was testing the waters the other day and all of a sudden I was an administrator, full blown at that...
...Thing about it is, I asked Steve to delete my account at ~6:48pm today. And they are still talking about the poll 3 hours later...

Go figure....:dunno:

Delorean Industries
10-05-2013, 10:40 PM
I have embraced the situation for what it is. I will continue to be a member of both forums following one simple rule: The few there and here who try to bait me into arguments and fights are completely ignored. Help the owners as that is the primary role in all of this and that is that.

I will admit... They are getting trickier and trickier at baiting. I guess that is what happens when you have time on your hands. I have no idea what that is like.

Tillsy
10-05-2013, 11:08 PM
This whole situation is deja vu to me. I used to run a very large forum for my former business and with the immense positives also came hell - issues that would either disrupt our community or expose myself to liabilities.

To that end I commissioned a lawyer to write up an extensive terms and conditions for my site and there were a few websites that would ridicule those T&Cs, and/or post copies of threads where they would ridicule any moderation that took place. Exactly like here it was only a mere handful of members out of tens of thousands that were causing the issues, and they likewise created a couple of competitive forums where went on an "uncensored" missions.

They too very soon began moderating themselves and others for exactly the same disruptive behaviour they themselves had participated in on my forum. The aspect they never understood was politics and religion - they didn't moderate those topics and failed to realise that those incredible sensitive and personal topics were causing a lot of their issues.

Those forums were strong for the first few months while those 20 odd members constantly tried to replicate what went on in my forums, again sounds familiar doesn't it, but within a year they got rather bored of being a mere 20 odd people spending their time mimicking the immense range of opinions and topics of a thriving community of tens of thousands. Those sites died off within a year.

DMCVegas
10-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Today definitely is a different style of forum, and I honestly wish them the best with their format. Time will tell if it is a successful.

I agree with you on everything, except that quote above. Today isn't simply another forum with a different format or anything of that sort. It's a playground for Bill. To paraphase the old saying Game recognize Game, Troll recognize Troll. Everyone else pretty much likes to troll and whatnot, and I understand that. Granted I also don't shit where I eat, so I tend to knock it off when I'm here. But Bill is different. And I can say this out of 10+ years of dealing with him. I can't begin to to speculate the why of it all, but Bill has a persecution complex about him. He does it online, as well as in his personal. His MO is to be helpful, but that help comes with a price. He will offer advice, or even drive a distance to you to help. And all seems right with the world, and he's the nicest guy. That changes however once Bill decides to test you. It'll start with some sort of inflammatory statement to try and goad you. If you agree, he'll use you as fodder for a future argument. He'll eventually come around for another try later on, and he'll eventually goad you into a disagreement of some sort. And then he's got you right where he wants you. You'll challenge him, and then the whole persecution thing starts. He'll do this online to complain about how he's helped you and so many others, so how could you do this to him? He does this in real life as well with his neighbors whom he starts battles as well. Abandoned cars around his property violating a city ordinance? He'll weep and complain about how he's so persecuted. He's just a poor soul that gives and gives and people just keep taking. He doesn't have time for the cars because he's so busy teaching the young, or working on church vehicles, or some other shit, and that this is all he has. And it's always the same thing at that point where it's him against the entire world. And those whom he's not yet pissed off will be drafted into these fights so that he can harvest complements from them.

You can never agree 100% with Bill on anything. He'll talk about how carburetion is better, and you can agree. But he'll then argue about what carb to use and how you're wrong. He'll also argue with you about which manifold to use. He will always challenge you on every single point just so he can finally get into an argument with you and claim unfairness. Even if you agree with him on every single point, his final argument will be that your car is shit because it's a DeLorean as the last resort.

He's done it with me in the past and many others. Come up with a better idea than his, and your's is worthless because he says so. He's claimed to be banned from this side when clearly he wasn't and lied about it.

Talk is a different forum from News, as well as Help. But Today isn't even in the same ballpark. I don't know if it's mental, emotional, or what, but there is something going on with Bill. Talk isn't a forum for DeLoreans so much as it is for the man's codependency. Bill is helpful with tech advice in the way that Sam DeStefano was helpful with personal loans.

Farrar
10-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Never mind that -- where are the pics? LOL

DeLorean03
10-07-2013, 02:50 AM
Everything Vegas said...

Someone in my life once said "If you're going to do something for me out of kindness, don't turn around and use it as a weapon against me later on when you're angry at me.

I couldn't agree more.

SamHill
10-07-2013, 08:48 AM

How's the car running, Vegas? Do you have the courage to post invective under your real name?

Ron
10-07-2013, 09:46 AM
I think, "If you ask, and I do something out of kindness for you, don't turn around and use it as a weapon against me later on when you're angry at me", applies as well here...:fancy:

GS450-Junkie
10-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Talk is a different forum from News, as well as Help.

I remember being on DMCHelp...doesn't seem to exist anymore.... Or am I just keying it in wrong? DMCHelp.com ?? Anyone ??

Dangermouse
10-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Huh, that's odd. I'd just been on there a couple of weeks ago (maybe longer). Wonder if it permanent?

opethmike
10-07-2013, 11:13 PM
How's the car running, Vegas? Do you have the courage to post truth under your real name?

There, I fixed it for you.

Rich W
10-08-2013, 08:36 AM
I remember being on DMCHelp...doesn't seem to exist anymore.... Or am I just keying it in wrong? DMCHelp.com ?? Anyone ??

Help has been down since at least 9/20/13. Reloading and Restoration appears to be occurring and ongoing.

SamHill
10-08-2013, 08:44 AM
There, I speak for Vegas.

Fixed it for you.

Ron
10-08-2013, 09:14 AM
How's the car running, Vegas? Do you have the courage to post invective under your real name?
This seems odd to me, coming from someone who asked me to delete where I only used their first name...

SamHill
10-08-2013, 09:38 AM
This seems odd to me, coming from someone who asked me to delete where I only used their first name...

I am not following you at all, Ron.

Ron
10-08-2013, 09:49 AM
You don't remember me using your real name in a post here and you PMing me to remove it, Sam? lol
Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong...

SamHill
10-08-2013, 09:52 AM
You don't remember me using your real name in a post here and you PMing me to remove it, Sam? lol
Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong...

I absolutely do not. Please do post it. I am not playing gotcha or anything like that, I think you have me confused with someone else.

Ron
10-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Me either...why I put it that way. Must be me like I said.
I'm not going to post it, for obvious reasons. (I'll look for it for my own sanctification/curiosity and PM you.)

SamHill
10-08-2013, 10:00 AM
(I'll ... PM you.)

I await your PM.

opethmike
10-08-2013, 11:22 AM
I secretly have man feelings for Bill.

There, I fixed it for you.

SamHill
10-08-2013, 11:32 AM
If I don't like someone, I'll accuse them of having a sexual relationship because I'm not only an idiot, but a homophobe too.

Fixed.

opethmike
10-08-2013, 12:08 PM
I am too busy worshiping the ground Bill walks on to notice your trolling.

There, fixed it for you.

SamHill
10-08-2013, 12:17 PM
I should take back the crap I write on the internet and be civil, but I'd rather have fun being a jerk.

There ya go.

opethmike
10-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Lolzorz, my feelingz is butthurtz

There ya go.

Ron
10-08-2013, 12:22 PM
I await your PM.No need. It was justlooking (note the hint, )...too many aliases going around then to keep up with...my error, sorry about that.

SamHill
10-08-2013, 12:37 PM
No need. It was justlooking (note the hint, )...too many aliases going around then to keep up with...my error, sorry about that.

Thanks. For the record, I don't do that stuff. I switched years ago from November81Build to my real name because I don't see why in such a small community we don't just do that. Maybe, if people were required to do so and had any sense of honor when it comes to their name, they would think twice about some of the stuff they wriite.

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Mike & Sam- Just so you know, the two of you would be banned on Today for not being "nice". You know their only rule...

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Mike & Sam- Just so you know, the two of you would be banned on Today for not being "nice". You know their only rule...

I'm still waiting for all the F-bombs and nude girls to show up over here. Come on big dog - you told me over on Today that you do that stuff here in the 'Open Forum,' where pretty much anything goes, all the time, remember? So, let's get down to business - I'm waiting...

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm still waiting for all the F-bombs and nude girls to show up over here. Come on big dog - you told me over on Today that you do that stuff here in the 'Open Forum,' where pretty much anything goes, remember? So, let's get down to business - I'm waiting...

Nope. I said "just about anything goes". (I believe) Talk has a policy against posting "sexual content" if I remember correctly. So far as saying "shit" "fuck" "ass" "cunt" "bitch" "dick" or any other similarly profane words, that would be perfectly fine. You haven't got it through for head yet that that was done specifically to prove a point. In retrospect, I should've just posted the nudie pic and watched you guys flip out. That would've been a better test of your "uncensored" forum. Because that shit was totally "nice".

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Nope. I said "just about anything goes". (I believe) Talk has a policy against posting "sexual content" if I remember correctly. So far as saying "shit" "fuck" "ass" "cunt" "bitch" "dick" or any other similarly profane words, that would be perfectly fine. You haven't got it through for head yet that that was done specifically to prove a point. In retrospect, I should've just posted the nudie pic and watched you guys flip out. That would've been a better test of your "uncensored" forum. Because that shit was totally "nice".

According to you, the pic wasn't "sexual," but rather "artistic," remember? Or are you changing your tune...?

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 01:12 PM
According to you, the pic wasn't "sexual," but rather "artistic," remember? Or are you changing your tune...?

Meh. "Sexual" "artistic", either way it shouldn't matter on an "uncensored" forum.

Side note: This could turn into a fantastic debate where the "Girls and DeLoreans" thread on this forum is concerned. They do have a policy about sexual content, but as that typically seems to encompass nudity, if the chicks not nude, I guess it's not considered "sexual". I dunno.

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Meh. "Sexual" "artistic", either way it shouldn't matter on an "uncensored" forum.

OK, but artistic pictures should be OK here, right? So, again, what are you waiting for?

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 01:19 PM
OK, but artistic pictures should be OK here, right? So, again, what are you waiting for?

Upon more careful observation I would consider those particular pics on the more sexual side of artistic. But again, why should they get me banned from Today? It (was) uncensored right?

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Side note: This could turn into a fantastic debate where the "Girls and DeLoreans" thread on this forum is concerned. They do have a policy about sexual content, but as that typically seems to encompass nudity, if the chicks not nude, I guess it's not considered "sexual". I dunno.

Ah, I see, so now we're getting into the whole 'spirit' of a rule, as opposed to the technical aspects of such, aren't we? And couldn't it be argued that pictures exploiting the virtue of a young female for the sexual enticement of male viewers (as the pictures you posted were clearly meant to arose sexual feelings premised on the poses) enticed by the payment of money to the female constitutes a deviant behavior, which by definition is the opposite of 'nice,' thereby constituting your actions of posting such a picture a violation of the forum's sole rule about being 'nice?'

I noticed that you've posted Rock Girl contestants pics in the 'Girls and DeLoreans' thread here. Definitely premised on the perceived sexual appeal of the females posting in those pics, correct? Thus those pics were indeed 'sexual' in nature, and yet, you didn't seem worried about violating this forum's rule against sexual content. So, you must have clearly been interpreting the 'spirit' of that rule when doing so, of which it's implied that the real prohibition is against nudity, and not sex appeal in general, yes?

Funny how you'll consider and respect the spirit of the rules here, but never stopped to consider either the technical or spiritual aspects of Today's 'be nice' rule...

Check mate.

SamHill
10-08-2013, 01:38 PM

Although this is a wholly separate issue, I do not agree that I in any way was not being 'nice.' Unless being 'nice' means somebody can say something wrong, false or intentionally provocative and must remain unchallenged. But that does not fit the definition of 'nice' so much as it does being a doormat.

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Ah, I see, so now we're getting into the whole 'spirit' of a rule, as opposed to the technical aspects of such, aren't we? And couldn't it be argued that pictures exploiting the virtue of a young female for the sexual enticement of male viewers (as the pictures you posted were clearly meant to arose sexual feelings premised on the poses) enticed by the payment of money to the female constitutes a deviant behavior, which by definition is the opposite of 'nice,' thereby constituting your actions of posting such a picture a violation of the forum's sole rule about being 'nice?'

I noticed that you've posted Rock Girl contestants pics in the 'Girls and DeLoreans' thread here. Definitely premised on the perceived sexual appeal of the females posting in those pics, correct? Thus those pics were indeed 'sexual' in nature, and yet, you didn't seem worried about violating this forum's rule against sexual content. So, you must have clearly been interpreting the 'spirit' of that rule when doing so, of which it's implied that the real prohibition is against nudity, and not sex appeal in general, yes?

Funny how you'll consider and respect the spirit of the rules here, but never stopped to consider either the technical or spiritual aspects of Today's 'be nice' rule...

Check mate.

Nope. Not by a long shot. That "be nice" rule is compete horseshit. I'll concede the profanity could be considerd in violation of that ridiculous rule. It's a mighty convenient little catch all that can be used to justify damn near any action of a moderator if they deem it violation. That's why in retrospect I should've just started with the nudie pic. Either way, that stupid "be nice" bulshit is just that.

Any further debate with you is going to be completely pointless. Being a lawyer you've got a degree in bulshit, and with that bulshit "rule" on your side, you could twist any argument in favor of your position.

opethmike
10-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Although this is a wholly separate issue, I do not agree that I in any way was not being 'nice.' Unless being 'nice' means somebody can say something wrong, false or intentionally provocative and must remain unchallenged. But that does not fit the definition of 'nice' so much as it does being a doormat.

Shenanigans! You are the biggest meanie butt that I have ever known! Incredibly handsome, yes, but very, very mean!

SamHill
10-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Nope. Not by a long shot. That "be nice" rule is compete horseshit. I'll concede the profanity could be considerd in violation of that ridiculous rule. It's a mighty convenient little catch all that can be used to justify damn near any action of a moderator if they deem it violation. That's why in retrospect I should've just started with the nudie pic. Either way, with that stupid "be nice" bulshit is just that.

Although it is possible to institute a statutory code to define any given situation, why. Especially for an internet forum. Open ended rules given to interpretation and definable standards are not mutually exclusive. If you truly didn't know what being 'nice' meant in your community, you wouldn't have any teeth left. You generally understand what it means not to go around behaving like a petulant child, even if you claim not to.

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Nope. Not by a long shot. That "be nice" rule is compete horseshit. I'll concede the profanity could be considerd in violation of that ridiculous rule. It's a mighty convenient little catch all that can be used to justify damn near any action of a moderator if they deem it violation. That's why in retrospect I should've just started with the nudie pic. Either way, that stupid "be nice" bulshit is just that.

So, if you always thought that the ""be nice" rule is complete horseshit," and had no intentions of ever attempting to comply with it, then why did you sign up and become a member of the forum?

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 01:56 PM
So, if you always thought that the ""be nice" rule is complete horseshit," and had no intentions of ever attempting to comply with it, then why did you sign up and become a member of the forum?

Sam- I've already established that in the community I work in, no one looks twice when copious amounts of profanity are used. Besides, I've got a great dental plan. :D

Josh- Because. I wasn't really concerned about it until Steve demonstrated such a distaste for profanity. So, like Steve before me, I decided to push some buttons and see what happened.

SamHill
10-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Sam- I've already established that in the community I work in, no one looks twice when copious amounts of profanity are used.

Which is precisely the point. Certain things fly in the locker room, everyone gets that. It's just that this isn't the bottom of a submarine or a truck stop bathroom. It is what is acceptible to a given community. But you knew that.

opethmike
10-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Which is precisely the point. Certain things fly in the locker room, everyone gets that. It's just that this isn't the bottom of a submarine or a truck stop bathroom. It is what is acceptible to a given community. But you knew that.

So you're saying that truckers like to be foul mouthed and swear? Sounds like stereotyping to me. Good job being 'nice'.

SamHill
10-08-2013, 02:03 PM
So you're saying that truckers like to be foul mouthed and swear? Sounds like stereotyping to me. Good job being 'nice'.

No, I'm saying that it is everyone's subjective experience that truckers eat Grey Poupon with Fois Gras and are generally held to strict standards of hygene. I've certainly never heard a trucker curse, I don't know what I was thinking.

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Josh- Because. I wasn't really concerned about it until Steve demonstrated such a distaste for profanity. So, like Steve before me, I decided to push some buttons and see what happened.

Ah I see - the truth finally comes out. So, this is all about what Steve and Bill did in the past on this forum, in allegedly 'pushing buttons.' Having not been a witness to any of that, I can't really speak with any kind of accuracy on the issue. However, I'll note that the incident that resulted in Bill's banning here, alone and on its face, really doesn't seem all that severe to me anyway:

I tried to respond to your question yesterday, but Daddy still has me on double secret time out (every single word I write has to receive his blessing before it will update, or Uncle Mike's -- what a crock. Word up: don't ever tell a moderator to **** himself).

Compare that to calling other members' mother a cunt, constant use of the f-bomb for no real reason, posting pornographic images, etc.

I'd say that you definitely topped anything that either Bill or Steve did over here...

So, do you feel proud of yourself, cause that's quite an accomplishment, supposedly...

opethmike
10-08-2013, 02:07 PM
No, I'm saying that it is everyone's subjective experience that truckers eat Grey Poupon with Fois Gras and are generally held to strict standards of hygene. I've certainly never heard a trucker curse, I don't know what I was thinking.

Now you're being sarcastic, which is rather rude. For someone who is so hot up on being 'nice', you rather suck at it.

Still though, very, very handsome.

SamHill
10-08-2013, 02:15 PM
very handsome.

French Toast.

opethmike
10-08-2013, 02:21 PM
French Toast.

French toast is very tasty; just like you, my little love muffin.

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Ah I see - the truth finally comes out. So, this is all about what Steve and Bill did in the past on this forum, in allegedly 'pushing buttons.' Having not been a witness to any of that, I can't really speak with any kind of accuracy on the issue. However, I'll note that the incident that resulted in Bill's banning here, alone and on its face, really doesn't seem all that severe to me anyway:

Compare that to calling other members' mother a cunt, constant use of the f-bomb for no real reason, posting pornographic images, etc.

I'd say that you definitely topped anything that either Bill or Steve did over here...

So, do you feel proud of yourself, cause that's quite an accomplishment, supposedly...

Not until Steve got on his high horse. Besides, I never tried to hide "the truth". Just making a point.

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Not until Steve got on his high horse. Besides, I never tried to hide "the truth". Just making a point.

I knew exactly what you were doing the whole time, and none of it phased me one way or other. As to the whole 'uncensored' aspect of Today, let's look at the definition for a moment:

uncensored: not censored

censor: a person who examines books, movies, letters, etc., and removes things that are considered to be offensive, immoral, harmful to society

Other than your nudie pics, were any of your other postings removed from Today? And even though Steve doesn't like profanity, were any of your posts containing such removed? In fact, he gave you your own little corner where you could drop f-bombs to your hearts content. Nothing was removed other than the nudie pics, thus I'll concede that you were censored in regards to the pics, but that's it.

If it was at all comparable, perhaps I could see the point better. But we're talking apples and oranges here my man...

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 02:43 PM
I knew exactly what you were doing the whole time, and none of it phased me one way or other. As to the whole 'uncensored' aspect of Today, let's look at the definition for a moment:

uncensored: not censored

censor: a person who examines books, movies, letters, etc., and removes things that are considered to be offensive, immoral, harmful to society

Other than your nudie pics, were any of your other postings removed from Today? And even though Steve doesn't like profanity, were any of your posts containing such removed? In fact, he gave you your own little corner where you could drop f-bombs to your hearts content. Nothing was removed other than the nudie pics, thus I'll concede that you were censored in regards to the pics, but that's it.

If it was at all comparable, perhaps I could see the point better. But we're talking apples and oranges here my man...

No we're not. He was censoring a member. I was unable to post anywhere else. And he did remove content. By removing the "foul language posts" from the thread and putting it in another (where it made no sense to be) then limited my posting privileges effectively censoring me. LoLz not like I was really contributing anything of substance anyway, but I was simply an annoyance. Steve should've just put me on ignore. That's the advice he liked to give others that found his bullshit annoying.

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 03:02 PM
No we're not. He was censoring a member. I was unable to post anywhere else. And he did remove content. By removing the "foul language posts" from the thread and putting it in another (where it made no sense to be) then limited my posting privileges effectively censoring me. LoLz not like I was really contributing anything of substance anyway, but I was simply an annoyance. Steve should've just put me on ignore. That's the advice he liked to give others that found his bullshit annoying.

Where did it say anything about guaranteed unlimited access membership? It just said "uncensored DeLorean discussion."

1) You abused the privilege of unlimited access membership, and thus were limited to your corner. Again, nothing was deleted other than your nudie pics. By definition, it must be removed to be considered having been censored. Merely moving posts doesn't constitute a censorship.

2) None of your profanity laced posts were at all related to a discussion about the DeLorean (car, company, or man). Thus, if you want to be technical, your non-DeLorean posts could be censored without violating the forum's promise of "uncensored DeLorean discussion."

He shoots, he scores, and that's the game!

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Where did it say anything about guaranteed unlimited access membership? It just said "uncensored DeLorean discussion."

1) You abused the privilege of unlimited access membership, and thus were limited to your corner. Again, nothing was deleted other than your nudie pics. By definition, it must be removed to be considered having been censored. Merely moving posts doesn't constitute a censorship.

2) None of your profanity laced posts were at all related to a discussion about the DeLorean (car, company, or man). Thus, if you want to be technical, your non-DeLorean posts could be censored without violating the forum's promise of "uncensored DeLorean discussion."

He shoots, he scores, and that's the game!

Oh, shit. You might have me there. But I still got ya on the nudie pics.
Again, I'll emphasize I SHOULD'VE STARTED WITH THEM. They were definetly Delorean related, but your superior bulshit ability combined with that catch-all rule...well, I'm afraid that's it. With as smart as you clearly think you are, I'm surprised it took this long to put that together.

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Oh, shit. You might have me there. But I still got ya on the nudie pics.
Again, I'll emphasize I SHOULD'VE STARTED WITH THEM. They were definetly Delorean related, but your superior bulshit ability combined with that catch-all rule...well, I'm afraid that's it. With as smart as you clearly think you are, I'm surprised it took this long to put that together.

I don't believe I'm any smarter than anyone else. Attitude over aptitude has always been my motto!

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 03:29 PM
By the way - you're welcome back to the forum after your time out expires. All I ask is that you're serious about wanting to be involved in the community, as opposed to just testing the limits of the forum, and exercise your best judgment (which means no pornographic pictures, no detailed instructions on how to cook meth, no trying to sell Nigerian lotto tickets - I think you get the point).

opethmike
10-08-2013, 03:35 PM
By the way - you're welcome back to the forum after your time out expires. All I ask is that you're serious about wanting to be involved in the community, as opposed to just testing the limits of the forum, and exercise your best judgment (which means no pornographic pictures, no detailed instructions on how to cook meth, no trying to sell Nigerian lotto tickets - I think you get the point).

Is talk of SamHill's excessively good looks allowed?

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Is talk of SamHill's excessively good looks allowed?

Of course - just don't mention Jeff Lynne to him :biggrin:

opethmike
10-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Of course - just don't mention Jeff Lynne to him :biggrin:

Sweet! I should go join right now!

sean
10-08-2013, 04:06 PM
So a priest, a rabbi, and a.... oh never mind.

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 04:12 PM
I don't believe I'm any smarter than anyone else. Attitude over aptitude has always been my motto!

You're full of shit, but whatever. ;) It's all good. I may drop in from time to time to call you guys out for "not being nice" from time to time. Have fun in the corner Steve's so generously made for you all. I'll see us around for sure. Who knows, I might even contribute something useful!

Ryan
10-08-2013, 04:14 PM
So a priest, a rabbi, and a.... oh never mind.

Whenever a bunch of losers debate a pointless topic for too long, Sean appears from the mist...

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Whenever a bunch of losers debate a pointless topic for too long, Sean appears from the mist...

Well that wasn't very nice. ...man makes a fine point though.

sean
10-08-2013, 04:24 PM

Like Donny Most but way more wicked awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU2ax15lYjY

Tillsy
10-08-2013, 05:35 PM
You guys need to ask yourselves, what would Ripley do?

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=22432

Ron
10-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Funny how you'll consider and respect the spirit of the rules here, but never stopped to consider either the technical or spiritual aspects of Today's 'be nice' rule...I thought the pics were nice....very nice.
Deleting them wasn't nice...not nice at all.

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 09:21 PM
I thought the pics were nice....very nice.
Deleting them wasn't nice...not nice at all.

I'm sure that most did. Not my kind of woman though...

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 09:22 PM
@Tillsy - Ripley is busy celebrating her birthday today!

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 09:33 PM
@Tillsy - Ripley is busy celebrating her birthday today!

My god. :jawdrop: the man knows this too?! Whoa. I thought I was the only one that nerdy.

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 09:45 PM
My god. :jawdrop: the man knows this too?! Whoa. I thought I was the only one that nerdy.

In all honesty, I had forgotten - Lance Henriksen (a personal friend) had to remind me to wish her a happy birthday. I've only ever met Sigourney once, during a promotional tour for Cabin in the Woods (2012), and really don't know her all that well.

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 09:49 PM
In all honesty, I had forgotten - Lance Henriksen (a personal friend) had to remind me to wish her a happy birthday. I've only ever met Sigourney once, during a promotional tour for Cabin in the Woods (2012), and really don't know her all that well.

For serious? Well shit, I'm impressed. Lance Henriksen has always been one of my favorites.

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 09:58 PM
For serious? Well shit, I'm impressed. Lance Henriksen has always been one of my favorites.

I honestly don't know why Lance wanted me to wish her a happy birthday, but I sent her a text saying 'happy birthday.' Lance is a good guy (although he can get a little cranky). I'm also a huge fan of his work. He has terrible taste in music, IMHO. Don't tell him I said that though. If only we could get him to quit smoking...

BTW - I first met Lance on the set of Albert Pyun's Knights (1993), back when I was working for Albert Pyun. We've stayed in touch since.

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 10:01 PM
I honestly don't know why Lance wanted me to wish her a happy birthday, but I sent her a text saying 'happy birthday.' Lance is a good guy (although he can get a little cranky). I'm also a huge fan of his work. He has terrible taste in music, IMHO. Don't tell him I said that though. If only we could get him to quit smoking...

You hang out with the guy on the regular?

What is it you do again?

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 10:05 PM
You hang out with the guy on the regular?

What is it you do again?

I wouldn't call it regularly. Last time I saw him was 4 years ago. We ended up spending the day making pottery.

I used to work for director Albert Pyun as an assistant.

thirdmanj
10-08-2013, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't call it regularly. Last time I saw him was 4 years ago. We ended up spending the day making pottery.

I used to work for director Albert Pyun as an assistant.

Too cool. Color me jealous. I've always been more intrigued with character actors than the stars. LH is one of those names you mention and people be like "who?" And I'll say Bishop from Aliens... Pretty cool you know know him. Albert Pyun on the other hand, I've no idea.

...you're still a douche though. ;)

NightFlyer
10-08-2013, 10:14 PM
...you're still a douche though. ;)

Accepted :biggrin:

ALEXAKOS
10-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Just saw this video::wow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITPF5SDM0Z0

Posting it for the narrator is mentioning us at DMCtalk... Not being worthy "of doing stuff" :eek5::eek5:

:aniclap::aniclap::aniclap:
YEAH RIGHT!!!

MML
10-09-2013, 05:48 PM

You know Lance Henriksen?! Whoa!
I managed to get a signed copy of his book a while back, didn't get a chance to read it yet though.

NightFlyer
10-09-2013, 06:56 PM
You know Lance Henriksen?! Whoa!
I managed to get a signed copy of his book a while back, didn't get a chance to read it yet though.

Not well, but we keep in touch.

DMCVegas
10-14-2013, 10:11 AM

As usual your post is so full of hypocrisy that I just don't know where to begin...

Post under my real name? Well first off my name is apart of my signature, so it's right there. Which by the way is more than you have, and is quite comical coming from some one who doesn't even do the same. Now if you're expecting me to post my home address, social security, etc., that ain't happening. However, if your Google-Fu is so weak that you can't find a picture of me online, well, I'm not bothering to take the time to educate you on how to use the internet. I've also been apart of the DeLorean community for about 17 years now, at least 15-16 of those using my current alias which is the only one that I post under, unlike many people. So everyone knows where to fine me.

How is the car doing? In terms of not rusting, it's doing fantastic! Because it's buried is a dark storage unit somewhere out in the Mojave Desert. Blown engine with a spare sitting behind it, surrounded by tools, more spare parts, and other things. It doesn't run, hasn't in years because I haven't touched it since 2005, and it won't pound pavement anytime soon.

As such I am currently writing a piece in my spare time for Oppositelock over @ Jalopnik on what it's like to grow up and become what what I hated: The guy down the street with the cool car that refuses to get it running again and just lets it rot. So thank you for getting me that plug. Much obliged! :thankyou:

If you find my words to be so insulting and critical, that's your problem. I only speak the truth here about the way in which others have so inappropriately conducted themselves. For example: You. Your bag isn't to talk politics, but to play them. Whereas I debate, you argue. Many times over the years I've had exchanges where the opinions and facts presented by the opposite party were enough to sway my own opinion over to theirs. I'm not set in stone, and when I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll admit it. You however play politics until the bitter end. For you the truth isn't your concern; your's is simply winning the argument no matter what the cost. Even if it means going all "Baghdad Bob" until the very end.

Now you want to talk about posting "invective"? Take a look at your post. Please, enlighten us all as to what exactly was the point to all of your words. What was it that you were trying to accomplish? Please, I believe that we all deserve to know. What was the argument that you were trying to goad me into, or the *shame* that you were trying to cast upon me. Was it about how my car doesn't run, and hasn't in years? Was that it? Did you really think that matters to me? You thought I would ignore you, or try and "save face" with an excuse? You thought wrong, dude. Please try again.

SamHill
10-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Robert, I'll try to make this as short as possible. The Delorean community is small. We should treat each other right for a multitude of reasons, not just because we may need each other when we meet IRL, but because it is the right thing to do as a person and a human being. With this in mind, I'll attempt to address your many points that are both mistaken and conflated:

As usual your post is so full of hypocrisy that I just don't know where to begin...
Post under my real name? Well first off my name is apart of my signature, so it's right there. Which by the way is more than you have, and is quite comical coming from some one who doesn't even do the same.

This is completely wrong. My username is my real name. My real first and last name. Not many people do that. I also live in Alexandria, VA. I'll PM you my phone number. I don't use phony accounts. I don't know how to be any clearer about it.

Now if you're expecting me to post my home address, social security...

Ridiculous. But give me a good credit card number just in case. Don't forget the security code on the back. This is a joke, don't do that.

I've also been apart of the DeLorean community for about 17 years now, at least 15-16 of those using my current alias which is the only one that I post under, unlike many people. So everyone knows where to fine me.

They can find you on this board. That's not in dispute, I'm not trying to find you. If you used your real first name and some better identifier of your last name, you might remember that you are talking about people as real as yourself, and people that love the cars as much as you do, and have been active as long as you have been. I wonder sometimes if this isn't the source of a lot of this: "I'm a bigger fan than you are" kind of thing. I don't need you to prove your seniority or bonafides, I understand that we are both here because we love the car, the story, etc, and that's good enough.

How is the car doing? In terms of not rusting, it's doing fantastic! Because it's buried is a dark storage unit somewhere out in the Mojave Desert. Blown engine with a spare sitting behind it, surrounded by tools, more spare parts, and other things. It doesn't run, hasn't in years because I haven't touched it since 2005, and it won't pound pavement anytime soon.

That's fine. I hope you get it running some day if that's what you want. But it doesn't put you in great stead when you say "Bill is helpful with tech advice in the way that Sam DeStefano was helful with personal loans." Bill is actually pretty helpful with tech advice, as he did trace all the wiring in the car, and helps owners and posts videos, and gets people's cars running, and covers quite a bit of distance in his own car. You admit that your car is rotting, and so I trust you see the difference.

If you find my words to be so insulting and critical, that's your problem. I only speak the truth here about the way in which others have so inappropriately conducted themselves. For example: You. Your bag isn't to talk politics, but to play them. Whereas I debate, you argue. Many times over the years I've had exchanges where the opinions and facts presented by the opposite party were enough to sway my own opinion over to theirs. I'm not set in stone, and when I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll admit it. You however play politics until the bitter end. For you the truth isn't your concern; your's is simply winning the argument no matter what the cost. Even if it means going all "Baghdad Bob" until the very end.

It's actually the opposite, Robert. I'm not running for office and I'm not playing politics. You actually do what you are accusing me of: "...Today [the forum] isn't even in the same ballpark...[it] is for the man's codependency." Steve has actually donated quite a bit of money to establish his little forum, and he's a nice guy, so the insult to the entire board and those who post there is a little bit Baghdad Bob, to borrow the reference. It can actually be seen as a way for mods here to not have to deal with some of the rancor that was occurring here, and many of them are probably glad for it. I don't understand why you are trying to make an enemy of me and fellow owners.

Now you want to talk about posting "invective"? Take a look at your post. Please, enlighten us all as to what exactly was the point to all of your words. What was it that you were trying to accomplish? Please, I believe that we all deserve to know. What was the argument that you were trying to goad me into, or the *shame* that you were trying to cast upon me. Was it about how my car doesn't run, and hasn't in years? Was that it? Did you really think that matters to me? You thought I would ignore you, or try and "save face" with an excuse? You thought wrong, dude. Please try again.

Here's why: "Abandoned car around his property violating a city ordinance? He'll just weep and complain about how he's so persecuted....he's just so busy teaching the young , or working on church vehicles, or some other shit..." The things you write on this board are pretty lousy, Robert. You're throwing this "invective" at people some of us personally know and care about. It also gives me a little bit of insight into the kind of person you are: the kind of person that I imagine would live in an HOA and/or complain to the city about a neighbor not keeping his yard up to his personal satisfaction. It speaks volumes.

One of these days, you or I may be on the side of the road with smoke pouring out of back of our otherwise well-engineered Deloreans. The person that pulls over to help may have a messy yard, or chipping paint, or whatever. He may have strong opinions about Deloreans, and post them on a few Delorean forums. In that moment, all that stuff is not going to matter, and I'm just going to be greatful for his help.

opethmike
10-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Hey SamHill! You're looking especially handsome today! How's the trucker brand Grey Poupon tasting?

SamHill
10-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Hey SamHill! You're looking especially handsome today! How's the trucker brand Grey Poupon tasting?

Hi Mike. That's okay, you can say I'm ugly, I won't argue that at all.

opethmike
10-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Hi Mike. That's okay, you can say I'm ugly, I won't argue that at all.

No way dude, I'm sticking with my handsome card.

How about the mustard?

SamHill
10-14-2013, 02:08 PM
No way dude, I'm sticking with my handsome card.

How about the mustard?

I seem to be out. May I borrow some of yours?

opethmike
10-14-2013, 02:11 PM
I seem to be out. May I borrow some of yours?

DMCVegas
10-14-2013, 02:36 PM
This is completely wrong. My username is my real name. My real first and last name. Not many people do that. I also live in Alexandria, VA. I'll PM you my phone number. I don't use phony accounts. I don't know how to be any clearer about it.

So you want a cookie for using your name? Are you also attacking the multitudes of other users here and elsewhere on boards that chose creative names?

They can find you on this board. That's not in dispute, I'm not trying to find you. If you used your real first name and some better identifier of your last name, you might remember that you are talking about people as real as yourself, and people that love the cars as much as you do, and have been active as long as you have been. I wonder sometimes if this isn't the source of a lot of this: "I'm a bigger fan than you are" kind of thing. I don't need you to prove your seniority or bonafides, I understand that we are both here because we love the car, the story, etc, and that's good enough.

Fair enough, and I agree wholeheartedly. We are indeed an entire community which relies upon the support of one another, and should be nice. But more on that later... I'm not stating my length of involvement to claim that I'm a better fan or an owner, or anything of the such. My point was to prove that people already know just who I am. And again you can find me if you really want to. Either on the internet or in person.

That's fine. I hope you get it running some day if that's what you want. But it doesn't put you in great stead when you say "Bill is helpful with tech advice in the way that Sam DeStefano was helful with personal loans." Bill is actually pretty helpful with tech advice, as he did trace all the wiring in the car, and helps owners and posts videos, and gets people's cars running, and covers quite a bit of distance in his own car. You admit that your car is rotting, and so I trust you see the difference.

And there it is. If you are trying to say that because my car isn't presently running that somehow invalidates the data I share that kept it on the road, as well as still keeps my other vehicles on the road, you're seriously mistaken. It's not my lack of mechanical skills that keeps the vehicle off the road. It's simply that between jobs that have moved my ass cross country 4 times in several years, as well as kept me working crazy hours, I just don't have time to keep my other vehicles on the road, and still work in a restoration that I've got to drag across state lines. And I certainly sure as hell don't have tens of thousands of dollars laying around to ship it off to a repair center for a full on restoration. So it waits until I have time for it.

And yes, the comparison to DeStefano I feel is a very valid one for Bill. His aim is not to help, nor even profit so much as it is to gain a means for control and abuse of people whom he reigns in. Helping people is not Bill's true intentions; it's not his end game.

Now let's break these down...

It's actually the opposite, Robert. I'm not running for office and I'm not playing politics.

You're going hardline yet again for the sake of the argument instead of what is right with no compromise. That is politics.

You actually do what you are accusing me of: "...Today [the forum] isn't even in the same ballpark...[it] is for the man's codependency." Steve has actually donated quite a bit of money to establish his little forum, and he's a nice guy, so the insult to the entire board and those who post there is a little bit Baghdad Bob, to borrow the reference. It can actually be seen as a way for mods here to not have to deal with some of the rancor that was occurring here, and many of them are probably glad for it.

Steve is a troll, plain and simple. He gets off on it. From the backhanded comments to the non-sensical polls, it's all to confuse people. And that is what he loves. You couldn't ever have a straight conversation with the guy here without him going off onto some weird tangent, and then trolling everyone. Which is why he got banned.

I don't understand why you are trying to make an enemy of me and fellow owners.

Now that is rich! Remember how I said we're going to talk about being nice to the community? Well, now is the time. I help people. I give information, and just as importantly I encourage others. What started you and I down this path of becoming enemies was actually Bill himself. There were threads about how owners were having problems with K-Jetronic. Myself and others were offering advice. You offered up the alternative of carburetion. Great. Then Bill comes along with his persecution complex and accuses those of us that were giving advise on how to repair and restore a fuel injection system, of being purists that were against carbs at all costs. Bill got you and others all riled up. Before you could even ask why, Bill convinced you to attack us. The only thing that I ever attacked was the fact that K-Jetronic worked once tuned, and the idea that since I was using it I was somehow making an ignorance decision. And then he went on to criticize ALL DeLoreans to tell us that we all owned bad cars when opinion started to sway against him. Thus the attack from him turned personal, and unfortunately you and others became misguided. Bill used you.

The truth of the matter is that I too was looking at carbs myself. I heard that Bill was someone that had good information on the subject, and decided to engage him despite past experience. But Bill is Bill and can't change. I'm not against Carbs at all. Whatever gets a car back on the road is good enough for me. What pissed Bill off was he wants to be the end-all-be-all source for information that is Carburetors, and I prefer to compile the information and share it out within the community. While I was suggesting sourcing european suppliers for manifolds, modern carbs for better availability, and finally an entire How-To Guide that could be hosted here on DMCTalk, Bill was having a full on conniption fit. Bill wanted then what he has now: Full control. HE wants to be the one that supplies the manifolds that he makes. HE wants to dig through junkyards for ancient carbs that he can resell. Most of all though HE wants to be the entire source for the information. He doesn't want people to download guides that they can use to complete jobs themselves. He demands that people come to him for his benevolent information. And when I wouldn't kiss his wrinkled little ass, he got pissed at me and the war began and history with us repeated itself.

The things you write on this board are pretty lousy, Robert. You're throwing this "invective" at people some of us personally know and care about. It also gives me a little bit of insight into the kind of person you are: the kind of person that I imagine would live in an HOA and/or complain to the city about a neighbor not keeping his yard up to his personal satisfaction. It speaks volumes.

The things I've said about Bill are the truth. I've had many years of dealing with him, and this is exactly how he's treated myself and many others. For you, mark my words: It's just a matter of time. As for HOAs? Ha! No, I prefer to not have people looking into my backyard and dictating to me what kinds of shrubs I can plant in my yard. I also oppose many city ordinances against non-running vehicles and purposefully target those in the car hobby. If you knew me, you'd know that. So perhaps then it is time.

One of these days, you or I may be on the side of the road with smoke pouring out of back of our otherwise well-engineered Deloreans. The person that pulls over to help may have a messy yard, or chipping paint, or whatever. He may have strong opinions about Deloreans, and post them on a few Delorean forums. In that moment, all that stuff is not going to matter, and I'm just going to be greatful for his help.

Not me. That help when it comes from Bill comes with a very high price. Car breaks down? I deal with it. Mine was my only car for 5 years, and I made do with what I had at the time. I don't need Bill's bullshit, and truthfully neither do the vast majority of people out there. Bill does not represent what a DeLorean owner should be. Because he's a manipulative guy with a bad persecution and control complex about him. I really hope that you discover this sooner than later.

Michael
10-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Is anyone else actually reading this pissing match except Robert and Sam? :rolleyes:

opethmike
10-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Is anyone else actually reading this pissing match except Robert and Sam? :rolleyes:

I've got a bucket of popcorn and a soda!

thirdmanj
10-14-2013, 03:21 PM

Isn't everybody?

I've got a bucket of popcorn and a soda!

There's an emoticon for that! :p

sean
10-14-2013, 03:25 PM
I just did. Its amazing how even when I'm out of the equation for a year that persecution of the martyr exists.

thirdmanj
10-14-2013, 03:29 PM
I just did. Its amazing how even when I'm out of the equation for a year that persecution of the martyr exists.

I for one am honored that Sean the Illusive felt compelled to post on this rediculous thread.

I love ya, dude!

opethmike
10-14-2013, 03:31 PM
I for one am honored that Sean the Illusive felt compelled to post on this rediculous thread.

I love ya, dude!

elusive*

ridiculous*

SamHill
10-14-2013, 03:48 PM

I hope not. What a tremendous waste.

Robert: you don't even use your own name. Hypocrite!

Sam: actually I do. First and last.

Robert: well what do you want, a cookie

Etc.

opethmike
10-14-2013, 03:52 PM
I hope not. What a tremendous waste.

Robert: you don't even use your own name. Hypocrite!

Sam: actually I do. First and last.

Robert: well what do you want, a cookie

Etc.

I want a cookie. But it better not be from a trucker, from what you tell me, they are foul-mouthed low-lives.

thirdmanj
10-14-2013, 03:53 PM
elusive*

ridiculous*

Yikes! Thanks man. How embarrassing. I'm surprised my auto-correct didn't catch that.

opethmike
10-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Yikes! Thanks man. How embarrassing. I'm surprised my auto-correct didn't catch that.

Auto-troll*

Trollololololol

thirdmanj
10-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Auto-troll*

Trollololololol

Yaaaaa, ya ya ya, la la laaaa, la laaa laaaa!

opethmike
10-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Yaaaaa, ya ya ya, la la laaaa, la laaa laaaa!

I was actually thinking more along these lines:

http://dagobah.net/flash/successful_troll_2.swf

Ryan
10-14-2013, 04:42 PM
I just want to make sure this thread has at least one useful thing in it.

http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/DancingColin.swf

opethmike
10-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Amazing.

Ron
10-14-2013, 06:46 PM
I imagine 90% of the people on the long list who echo every single word Vegas has said are...

Auto-troll*

Trollololololol:rofl:

tom kish vin. 4357
10-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Come on guys this is great, lets bash Bill, I heard his wife left him because she did not like him putting a carb on the family delorean!! She was so pissed she said get the carb off the Delorean and put it back on the mower!!

ccurzio
10-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Come on guys this is great, lets bash Bill, I heard his wife left him because she did not like him putting a carb on the family delorean!! She was so pissed she said get the carb off the Delorean and put it back on the mower!!

No. This is stupid, so no. Stop.

opethmike
10-15-2013, 01:55 PM
I am disappointed at the lack of continued arguing today.

DMCVegas
10-15-2013, 03:14 PM
I am disappointed at the lack of continued arguing today.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb8ui8CPrY1rbt7uoo1_500.gif

thirdmanj
10-24-2013, 01:12 PM
A bit late in the game for this, but it had to be done... (Thanks F"D"H)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/25/a9y6y6a4.jpg

Dangermouse
10-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Two thumbs up