PDA

View Full Version : who's time machine is this?

gasflaphoodfan95
07-21-2013, 01:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdKjXTP8pRY

the license plate is 121 jiga.

video was shot 8 miles from my house who's car is that??

lkn4ubl
07-22-2013, 09:09 PM
I met the guy at the Lancaster showing of BTTF last week. I was trying to track him down as well. I talked with him on Saturday and told him I'd bring my DeLorean by on Wednesday's showing. When I came by, he was inside the movie theater.

He's located in Palmdale.

EdR5150
09-14-2014, 08:42 AM
How about this? I've never seen a black BTTF replica...

from Twitter: http://twitter.com/DigitalCAPS/status/510925489167675392/photo/1

DMCMW Dave
09-14-2014, 09:05 AM
That is just wrong. "I like BTTF and Knight Rider, but I only have room for one car".

Alegria
09-14-2014, 09:56 AM

from Twitter: http://twitter.com/DigitalCAPS/status/510925489167675392/photo/1

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ... nice photoshop!

Shep
09-14-2014, 02:06 PM

from Twitter: http://twitter.com/DigitalCAPS/status/510925489167675392/photo/1There was a thread about a year back showing it was a photoshop. It's not even a BTTF conversion, just a regular black DeLorean that someone photoshopped the BTTF parts (and the knight rider front as well) onto. I believe Accipiter is the one that showed the original.

videobob
09-14-2014, 05:18 PM
I don't know who's it is but I can tell you it is not one of mine.
The bands on it appear to be rusting? Could be steel mesh, or just dirty?
I only use aluminum.
Also, speaking of the bands, notice how they are not uniform and the bends have what I call the "pork chop" effect,
my bands are perfectly uniform throughout, even in the bends.
There are two silver boxes on the rear behind the green tubes, those should be rectangular, the one's on this car are square.
I could point out a lot of other things but I don't want to come off as negative as though I am picking the car apart and knocking it,
I am simply noting the differences in the way I build my cars and the way this one is built.
It's always fun to see a Time Machine out in the wild!

Shep
09-14-2014, 06:01 PM
I am simply noting the differences in the way I build my cars and the way this one is built.Just my two cents: I know you're not trying to come across badly, but IMHO, this part of the post:
I don't know who's it is but I can tell you it is not one of mine.
[...]
It's always fun to see a Time Machine out in the wild!Would've more than sufficed. No need to pick apart someone else's hard work, especially if it's a DIY job. :)

videobob
09-15-2014, 01:03 AM
You're right, that is the more ambiguous way to do it in a diplomatic way.
I wanted to explain a few differences in how I build my cars, so people can tell, but it's always going to be hard I guess.

mr2nut123
09-16-2014, 07:05 AM
Looks pretty damn good to me! Just needs to change the mesh so it doesn't rust up but other than that, nice!!

Dangermouse
09-16-2014, 09:01 AM
I don't think photoshops can rust :)

Shep
09-16-2014, 09:04 AM
I don't think photoshops can rust :)I think videobob was talking about the D in the video (first post), not the photoshop posted later :)

Kane
09-16-2014, 03:27 PM
I think videobob was talking about the D in the video (first post), not the photoshop posted later :)

That's what happens when someone brings up a year old thread and everyone else doesn't read the date and thinks it's new.

videobob
09-17-2014, 03:39 AM
Did anyone ever figure out who's car it is?

Citizen
09-17-2014, 06:57 AM
Error in post....removed, sorry.

Gary Weaver II
09-17-2014, 08:26 AM
That's Mike Carey's car IIRC. He's been in the hobby a good 10-12 years now he's done almost all of the conversion work himself.

The more I see it, I kinda dig what happened with his Flux Bands. Yeah, they surface rusted, but I'd like to think it gives the car a look/charm all it's own. Conisdering how many BTTF Conversions are out there these days, something that sets one or two apart from the others is a good thing.

That's a super easy replacement if and when he ever wants to go back to a bright metal look.

-Gary

delorean82
10-13-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm the owner of the car. And very proud of it. It rusty bands thing is because I used steel instead of aluminum. I do plan on changing this soon, it's just not been a priority and the "traveled" look kinda looks cool , like Gary said. Bob knows who's car this is and just took the chance to bash it because it's not one of his cars, and because it's mine. The zero cans on the back and 100% correct and screen accurate as is the majority of my build. Gary Weaver helped me quite a bit, the assembly is all my work. I love this car and how much fun it is to own , but it's guys like video bob who ruined it for a lot of builders and just can't keep their criticisms to themselves. Too bad some things never change , huh bob?

delorean82
10-13-2014, 03:58 PM
I all most forgot, pork chop bands. Lol if you look at the screen used cars they also show some of this effect, again another stab at a guy who built a better car then bob. Thanks again bob!

videobob
10-15-2014, 02:08 AM
No, I didn't know this was your car, I had never seen your car.
Good job on it, hope you enjoy it and have fun with it.

zimvsdib
10-16-2014, 08:43 PM
No, I didn't know this was your car, I had never seen your car.
Good job on it, hope you enjoy it and have fun with it.

Great job on the Car Mike! Its a great build.

Make sure and check out this thread for some side splitting entertainment.
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?9760-Videobob-s-Time-Machine-16-For-Adam-Kontras-in-Hollywood

ALEXAKOS
10-17-2014, 03:10 AM
Mike, very few know how much time and effort it takes to make a replica on your own from scratch. And it seems to me you are a very handy man;) not to mention the pride it hands you driving your creation around when it raises surprises . Don't be discouraged by individuals who's tiny "molecules" affect their social bitterness for life. They need to compete on another level to cover.... Well the "missing inches".... :s

Coulombe
11-04-2014, 05:54 AM
Just saw this thread..... nice time machine Mike! Always have and still do, loved your work.