PDA

View Full Version : For Sale BEAUTIFUL 1990 Back To The Future Pinball Machine For Sale

rbford
07-30-2013, 12:40 AM
I have a beautiful Data East Back To The Future Pinball Machine that I have owned since 1999. The machine is in incredible condition and has been set up in my home since I purchased it. It hase been played very little over the past 14 years and has basically been a showpiece for my Back To The Future/Delorean collection. The game plays perfect and has been cleaned and waxed.

If your looking for a highly collectable back To The Future Pinball Machine in original condition, you wont find a nicer one than this one.

This is for pick up only, i'm not looking to ship it...I thought I would ask around here before I post on the Pinball Forums..

Thanks for looking...2083720838208392084020841

Ron
07-30-2013, 01:00 AM
Please post a price.

rbford
07-30-2013, 01:38 AM
I have a beautiful Data East Back To The Future Pinball Machine that I have owned since 1999. The machine is in incredible condition and has been set up in my home since I purchased it. It hase been played very little over the past 14 years and has basically been a showpiece for my Back To The Future/Delorean collection. The game plays perfect and has been cleaned and waxed.

If your looking for a highly collectable back To The Future Pinball Machine in original condition, you wont find a nicer one than this one.

This is for pick up only, i'm not looking to ship it...I thought I would ask around here before I post on the Pinball Forums..

Thanks for looking...2083720838208392084020841

Price for the game is $3000

rbford
07-30-2013, 01:39 AM
Please post a price.

Sorry, price has been posted.

Thanks,

Rob

wrkey
07-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Been wanting one of these for a long time now... shame you're not closer to Texas! I'd be all over it.

Fluxat88MPH
07-30-2013, 03:33 PM
His about residing for DeLorean parts?

rbford
07-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Been wanting one of these for a long time now... shame you're not closer to Texas! I'd be all over it.

I'm not looking to pack and ship it...but you can arrange with a shipping company to pick it up wrap it and ship it for about $350.00, maybe less from Maryland to Texas .I just dont want to be liable for damages as its in such nice condition.

Notifier
07-30-2013, 04:58 PM
PM sent

Farrar
07-30-2013, 08:44 PM
Is this the one where Michael J. Fox refused to allow his likeness to be used, so they drew his son instead?

Nicholas R
07-30-2013, 11:42 PM
Is this the one where Michael J. Fox refused to allow his likeness to be used, so they drew his son instead?

Yes, they drew the game artwork designers son instead. The artist/designer was at the 2010 DCS.

Wow i cant believe how these prices have gone up. Mine was 1/3 this cost just 4 years ago, and it is home use only (always been in private ownership). All pinball machines have doubled and tripled in price in the last few years.

It's fun but honestly compared to most games, it's fairly shallow and very redundant. It's a shame it wasn't designed 6 months later. Back to the Future and the first Simpsons pinball machine were developed at the same time and were the last machines to use the numerical display. The next machine, "Data East: Checkpoint" was the first machine to use a dot matrix display. This definitely would have added to the gameplay. Oh well, it's still fun. If you want one, just be sure you're not buying it because you think you'll remain enthralled in the gameplay. Other pinball machines will hold your attention a lot longer. You have to buy BTTF as a collection piece.

Anyway the machine looks nice! :thumbup:

wrkey
07-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Looks like we have a few Pinheads in the group!!!

FYI there is a BTTF Pinball game at the DMCH Musuem and for $.50 you can play a game! I've put a couple of dollars in there so far!

For the Pinball and Arcade nuts in the group... check out my 'Arcade' website... www.gamepreservehouston.com We have quite a collection of Arcade and pinball games and we are REALLY close to DMCH!!

Nicholas R
07-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Arcades and Pinballs are definitely my alternate hobby next to cars/deloreans. I've bought and sold about 20 arcade games and a dozen pinball machines. I finally realized how much more I liked pinball machines and liquidated all my arcade games except a Galaga, and a Ms. Pac Man that I gave to my mom. I also picked up and restored a Pitch-and-Bat style pinball machine for my dad. The pins I've still got are Back to the Future, Twilight Zone, The Addms Family, Star Trek: The Next Generation, and High Speed II: The Getaway. Pretty much the core machines that I can't let go of.

DeLorean03
07-31-2013, 10:12 PM
Yep, there are definitely a couple pinball lovers here :thumbup:!

This used to be my collection:

After a while, I got tired of working on them. JP was a rock solid beast, but the other 3 were just a pain in the rear. I sold 3 of them and kept Tales from the Crypt. I have pretty much completely restored TFTC machanically.

Installed LEDs everywhere in both the playfield and translite except the flashers. Have the Cryptkeeper on top with a "flame" lightbulb. Changed out the drop targets and rebuild the Super VUK in the corner of the playfield. Got the shaker motor working again. Installed all new guillotine plastics. Installed some new switches to make 6 ball multiball go back to regular play when 5 balls have drained. Added some goodies on the playfield like a werefwolf figurine and some tombstones. Installed all new ROM chips. Very proud of TFTC, and if BTTF is approaching the $3k mark regularly, I will never let go of TFTC. I bought it for $1600, April 2012, and I have heard rumor it's approaching $2800 quickly. Some have even sold on eBay for $3000 to $4000 :ohcrap:.

rbford
08-04-2013, 01:52 AM
Arcades and Pinballs are definitely my alternate hobby next to cars/deloreans. I've bought and sold about 20 arcade games and a dozen pinball machines. I finally realized how much more I liked pinball machines and liquidated all my arcade games except a Galaga, and a Ms. Pac Man that I gave to my mom. I also picked up and restored a Pitch-and-Bat style pinball machine for my dad. The pins I've still got are Back to the Future, Twilight Zone, The Addms Family, Star Trek: The Next Generation, and High Speed II: The Getaway. Pretty much the core machines that I can't let go of.

Very cool Nicholas! I thought I was the only pinball collector around these parts....In addition to this BTTF, I have another 41 pins in my collection, most of them being home used only or games that are still unplayed.

I dont often sell them as they have taken me years to find the best of the best...but this BTTF is just in beautiful condition, I have another hobby in addition to Delorean/Pinball Machines and 50's Jukeboxes...that is taking up room..thats the only reason I am letting this game go.

Got a home used only Medieval Madness, you have to play that one! :)

rbford
08-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Pinball Machine has been sold, thanks to everyone that inquired about it.

Conundrum
08-08-2013, 01:02 AM
If I would've hit the PowerBall, that would've been mine.

rbford
08-10-2013, 10:45 PM
If I would've hit the PowerBall, that would've been mine.

Yea it was a beauty thats for sure, the nicest one I had ever seen...no playfield wear, no fading artwork...

David T
01-12-2014, 09:10 PM
For anyone still looking for a BTTF machine I have one for sale in New Jersey for $2,000 plus shipping. It is not perfect but it is very nice and everything works. All new rubber and the latest firmware. E-mail me directly at jtrealty(at)optonline.net
David Teitelbaum

dustybarn
01-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Just discovered this thread....Add one more to the number of pinball enthusiasts here. I'm exclusively into electromechanical machines, though. I've got a Wiliams Aztec, a Williams Space Mission, and a Midway Sea Raider arcade game, all of which I maintain myself. Working on those '70s EM machines has got to be the most intellectually demanding thing I've ever done.

thirdmanj
01-14-2014, 09:41 PM
For anyone still looking for a BTTF machine I have one for sale in New Jersey for $2,000 plus shipping. It is not perfect but it is very nice and everything works. All new rubber and the latest firmware. E-mail me directly at jtrealty(at)optonline.net
David Teitelbaum

I know a couple Libyans that might be interested.

DeLorean03
01-14-2014, 10:37 PM
Per the rules, since the OP's item was sold, this thread is being locked. David, if you have a BTTF pin you want to sell, please go ahead and open another thread accordingly.