PDA

View Full Version : Lexington North Carolina Fall 2013 Tech/Social Event-Saturday October 12th

Iznodmad
08-08-2013, 09:11 PM
And the fun continues! That's right, it is time again for another DeLorean Party in North Carolina! As the title says, the date is Saturday, October 12th. Come as early as you like, and stay as late as you like. Everyone from previous events is invited, and I hope to add a few more new people as well. We will have lunch (menu TBD) and do any projects that we can in a day. Please add your name in this thread, any persons coming with you, and any parts/work you would like to try to do. If you are unsure about this event and don't know what is involved, please visit the older threads to see how much fun we have had at this tech session in the past! If you wish to travel, and need help finding lodging, I can assist with that as well. Any questions, just ask. Thanks, and I'm looking forward to it!

Delorean Industries
08-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Can't wait! See you there!

Hokie
08-08-2013, 09:39 PM
I'll be there, Lord willing and the creek don't rise! Work needed yet to be determined. Let us know the final 'due date' for posting work requested. Thanks for having the event!

about2livethedream
08-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Does one have to be an owner to attend? :) What about a wannabe?

Iznodmad
08-08-2013, 10:04 PM
No, you do not have to be an owner to attend. I've had many non-owners and owners with cars that don't run attend in the past. All are welcome and you will recieve an education on what to look out for when considering purchasing a DeLorean. I usually try to take all those whom are interested for a ride in my DeLoreans as well.

Chris Burns
08-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Hopefully I can attend Darren!

I will let you know if anything changes. I want to try out VIN 905!!:deviltail:

silverhair01
08-08-2013, 10:29 PM
No, you do not have to be an owner to attend. I've had many non-owners and owners with cars that don't run attend in the past. All are welcome and you will recieve an education on what to look out for when considering purchasing a DeLorean. I usually try to take all those whom are interested for a ride in my DeLoreans as well.

Hmmm...might have to try to do this. I might be in Texas that time but we will see. Besides...love some lexington BBQ. I'm originally from Burlington (technically Haw River) so ill make it a trip to visit my family:-)

Roman Legion
08-08-2013, 10:36 PM
But I was just in Asheville, NC today! lol

I'll be there, hopefully it will still be warm enough to take the bike out there. Let's just hope I get my new hearing aids before then so I can actually be apart of the meet, rather than just being there.

about2livethedream
08-09-2013, 09:05 AM
But I was just in Asheville, NC today! lol

I'll be there, hopefully it will still be warm enough to take the bike out there. Let's just hope I get my new hearing aids before then so I can actually be apart of the meet, rather than just being there.

Hopefully you enjoyed my area!

TripleZeroFilms
08-09-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm already excited! You can certainly count me in.

As for projects - I've got quite a list and all the parts to do them. I'm not with my car much at present so this might be a good chance to knock one (or two) off the list.

I'll review my list and post up what I want to try and hit.

Rad Dad
08-09-2013, 10:34 AM
AT this point put me down as attending. Some chance that may change, but I hope not.

Roman Legion
08-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Hopefully you enjoyed my area!

It was a very nice area and when I was on the front lawn of Biltmore, I kept seeing that old picture of all those DeLoreans in the driveway. It was odd looking around the front and picturing all those DeLoreans in my mind.

I hope at this meet in Lexington, someone lets me sit in their D, that would be awesome.

DMCBRANDON5873
08-09-2013, 06:03 PM
count me in see everyone soon!

Mike C.
08-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Count me in. Looking forward to it!

todd1561
08-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Hey Darren,

I should be able to make it. Did you buy a third DeLorean?!?

See you all on the 12th.

-Todd

Iznodmad
08-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Yes I did Todd! I wanted an early car, and you wouldn't sell me yours last time. So I got one. Lol. Anyway, I was hoping you would show up in the thread. I have a request. Can you do the iPod hookup conversion on my Craig radio in my new car? I don't have any plans to change out the radio in this one, and I would like the ability to listen to the music on my iPhone5. Is that something that can be done on Saturday? Anything I need to purchase before the meet? Let me know!

Roman Legion
08-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Yes I did Todd! I wanted an early car, and you wouldn't sell me yours last time. So I got one. Lol. Anyway, I was hoping you would show up in the thread. I have a request. Can you do the iPod hookup conversion on my Craig radio in my new car? I don't have any plans to change out the radio in this one, and I would like the ability to listen to the music on my iPhone5. Is that something that can be done on Saturday? Anything I need to purchase before the meet? Let me know!

I want an ipod conversion in my current car too! Why a newer car didn't come with one I cannot fathom.

todd1561
08-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Yes I did Todd! I wanted an early car, and you wouldn't sell me yours last time. So I got one. Lol. Anyway, I was hoping you would show up in the thread. I have a request. Can you do the iPod hookup conversion on my Craig radio in my new car? I don't have any plans to change out the radio in this one, and I would like the ability to listen to the music on my iPhone5. Is that something that can be done on Saturday? Anything I need to purchase before the meet? Let me know!Haha I didn't think anyone read that writeup I did on the Craig stereo. After more thorough testing there are some definite drawbacks/limitations I've found. For instance, the aux input seems to favor the right side channel, so I've had to adjust the balance control to even it out. This can be a nuisance when switching back and forth between the aux input and the regular inputs (radio and tape). I've also found I need to unplug the aux input (not just turn off the music from the source) otherwise it will distort the radio signal. I too use mine with an iPhone (running Pandora) and have noticed I need to run the volume of the iPhone at about half otherwise the music will be distorted, not a huge problem. Some of these issues may just be my stereo and/or speakers but I imagine it's mostly how I have it wired.

Sooo, it's useable, but I'd probably want to do some more work on the project before I install it for others, just doesn't seem to be ready for "prime time" yet. I've just been so preoccupied with other projects (not even DeLorean-related) to spend any time on it. It was just a fun weekend project, I wasn't expecting much out of it.

Todd

Kevin
08-14-2013, 11:39 AM
I'll be there! Looking forward to seeing 905 as well, the previous owner was one of the first DeLorean owners I had ever met but I've never seen the car, it sure sounded nice though.

As for work, if Josh is coming and planning on doing work, I'd like to see about getting a new AC compressor installed as was planned for the last meet.

Delorean Industries
08-14-2013, 11:43 AM
I'll be there! Looking forward to seeing 905 as well, the previous owner was one of the first DeLorean owners I had ever met but I've never seen the car, it sure sounded nice though.

As for work, if Josh is coming and planning on doing work, I'd like to see about getting a new AC compressor installed as was planned for the last meet.

not a problem!

Roman Legion
08-14-2013, 08:56 PM

Mind if I ride down with you? I'm not far at all from you.

Michael Babb
08-15-2013, 06:56 PM
No go for me. :-(

My grandmother is turning 100 on October 10th, so I will be up in Pennsylvania that weekend.

Iznodmad
08-15-2013, 07:51 PM
That's a special occasion Michael, I wouldn't want to miss a centennial celebration either! Hopefully you can catch the next event in the Spring of 2014! Thanks for letting me know.

Dangermouse
08-15-2013, 10:22 PM

My grandmother is turning 100 on October 10th, so I will be up in Pennsylvania that weekend.

100 on 10/10 ? Congrats.

todd1561
08-16-2013, 08:04 AM

Aww, so no raffle this time? :( That's too bad, I cleaned up at the raffle last time!

Congrats to your Grandmother!

Todd

Iznodmad
08-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Figured I would go ahead and start a list of attendees. As a reminder, if you haven't already, place in writing in this thread parts needed and projects you want help with. Please also contact DPI Josh directly to order parts ahead of time and schedule time for labor ahead of the event. Please do this as soon as possible for planning purposes. I have already done so with Josh, and my list is too long for the purposes of this thread. Like previous events, I can help anyone needing tires or alignments at the event if you let me know ahead of time at a tire shop 3 miles from my house. I also have confirmation of Dwayne G photography and AluminumArt prints to be in attendance again. He has some new products he is working on (to be kept a secret right now), and will have samples/prototypes available at the show.

1. Darren (3 Ds)-I'm the host! Long list of projects, I will never be done!
2. DPI Josh-Vendor.
3. Dwayne G photography
4. Hokie/Mark (1D)-inspection/water pump/belts?
5. About2livethedream
6. Chris Burns
7. Silverhair01
8. Roman Legion
9. TripleZeroFilms/Chris-(1D) multiple projects
10. Rad Dad/Dick R-(1D)
11. Brandon (1D)-brake booster?
12. Mike
13. Todd (1D)
14. Kevin (1D)- a/c compressor and charge
15. Trevor (1D)
16. Bill L (1D)
17. Tom C (1D)
18. Walter F (1D)

yianni
08-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Darren,

Thanks for inviting us back for the fall event. My son and I plan to attend and hope to be driving the DeLorean if the interior is installed by that time. Look forward to seeing you all again.

Best regards,

Yianni

Ron
08-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Hey! All you need is a seat! ...Well, two...

Iznodmad
08-31-2013, 09:25 AM
Little bump/update.

19. Add Yianni/son to the list. (1D).

20. Add Don M (1D)-mode switch, shifter linkage adjustment. Note:this car is for sale. Opportunity for any potential new owners.

21. Add Oliver and Terry Holler and their Team Fox BTTF Time Machine to the list as well! (1D).

Still working with DPI for a few surprises. Stay tuned.

FLYBOY
09-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Can't wait! See you there!

Josh, Please bring the flat Hood with you I'm only 2 hours away sure beats driving to OH to pick it up

FLYBOY
09-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Figured I would go ahead and start a list of attendees. As a reminder, if you haven't already, place in writing in this thread parts needed and projects you want help with. Please also contact DPI Josh directly to order parts ahead of time and schedule time for labor ahead of the event. Please do this as soon as possible for planning purposes. I have already done so with Josh, and my list is too long for the purposes of this thread. Like previous events, I can help anyone needing tires or alignments at the event if you let me know ahead of time at a tire shop 3 miles from my house. I also have confirmation of Dwayne G photography and AluminumArt prints to be in attendance again. He has some new products he is working on (to be kept a secret right now), and will have samples/prototypes available at the show.

2. DPI Josh-Vendor.
3. Dwayne G photography
5. About2livethedream
6. Chris Burns
7. Silverhair01
8. Roman Legion
10. Rad Dad/Dick R-(1D)
12. Mike
13. Todd (1D)
15. Trevor (1D)
16. Bill L (1D)
17. Tom C (1D)
18. Walter F (1D)

Put me down from Asheville but only if Josh brings a good flat hood.
It's a much shorter drive! Than OH.

Chris Burns
09-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Ok every things a go. I am going to this for sure!!

I will be evaluating VIN 905 and VIN 3472 for the owners:biggrin:

I am soo looking forward to this and meeting new new people. Fun is the key factor.

I also can't wait to see Oliver and Terry's 400k mile Delorean since it was regrained by Chris N from the UK.:partyhat:

Silkie
09-05-2013, 06:58 PM
I will be coming i own 2628
I am a new owner also.
Not sure if i will drive it or not?
Hope that's ok.

I know i will bring my nephew.
looking forward to coming and meeting everyone.
I also hope to learn alot!

Chris Burns
09-08-2013, 09:30 AM
I will be coming i own 2628
I am a new owner also.
Not sure if i will drive it or not?
Hope that's ok.

I know i will bring my nephew.
looking forward to coming and meeting everyone.
I also hope to learn alot!

You can caravan with me and Brandon (VIN 5873). Brandon lives right in your area.

Silkie
09-09-2013, 03:35 PM
You can caravan with me and Brandon (VIN 5873). Brandon lives right in your area.
That sounds good.

Iznodmad
09-26-2013, 01:00 PM
2. DPI Josh-Vendor.
3. Dwayne G photography
5. About2livethedream
6. Chris Burns
7. Silverhair01
8. Roman Legion
10. Rad Dad/Dick R-(1D)
12. Mike
13. Todd (1D)
15. Bill L (1D)
16. Tom C (1D)
17. Walter F (1D)
18. Add Yianni/son to the list. (1D).
19. Add Don M (1D)-mode switch, shifter linkage adjustment. Note:this car is for sale. Opportunity for any potential new owners.
20. Add Oliver and Terry Holler and their Team Fox BTTF Time Machine to the list as well! (1D).
21. Silkie-LCA broken
22. Flyboy(1D)-maybe
23. Ken P-might be trailering D?

If someone needs my address or phone number, please PM me and I can send it to you. If anyone has been waiting, I need to know ASAP if you plan to attend. If you are on the list, and have decided not to come, I'd like to know that as well. Thanks, and I'm looking forward to this!

Delorean Industries
09-26-2013, 01:03 PM
2. DPI Josh-Vendor.
3. Dwayne G photography
5. About2livethedream
6. Chris Burns
7. Silverhair01
8. Roman Legion
10. Rad Dad/Dick R-(1D)
12. Mike
13. Todd (1D)
15. Bill L (1D)
16. Tom C (1D)
17. Walter F (1D)
18. Add Yianni/son to the list. (1D).
19. Add Don M (1D)-mode switch, shifter linkage adjustment. Note:this car is for sale. Opportunity for any potential new owners.
20. Add Oliver and Terry Holler and their Team Fox BTTF Time Machine to the list as well! (1D).
21. Silkie-LCA broken
22. Flyboy(1D)-maybe
23. Ken P-might be trailering D?

If someone needs my address or phone number, please PM me and I can send it to you. If anyone has been waiting, I need to know ASAP if you plan to attend. If you are on the list, and have decided not to come, I'd like to know that as well. Thanks, and I'm looking forward to this!

looks like I'm going to be living at your house for a while Darren! Just slide food and water under the door and switch the cars out between jobs.

todd1561
09-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Hey Darren,

It looks like I'll be bringing a friend along, he's in town for a few months and is interested in the event.

See you all on the 12th.

Todd

Hokie
09-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Hey Darren - I've been in contact with Josh and he's given me a tentative price. Just need to know how early I should be there as I need to be able to head back home ASAP, so I'm counting on being there as early as possible. Should I converse with Josh about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Iznodmad
09-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Ok, thanks for the addition (ride-along) Todd. I've spoken with Hokie (Mark) regarding possible start time, still TBD.

Adding a few possibilities/maybes

Worth M (1D)-pending repairs made to his car
John Weaver (1D)-???
Matthew C-Likely not bringing his D.
Tony S(1D)???

Doug.gaspo
10-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Hello to all,

Doug from Virginia, looks like this event might be a great way to get my feet wet.
I was looking for threads what you guys do to the first time owners. :):)

I will be trying to move a few days off so I can drive down and say hello.
So I am a maybe and will update.

Doug G.

Chris Burns
10-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Welcome to DMC world Doug!!

This is a great event and you will love it!!

Michael
10-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Hello to all,

Doug from Virginia, looks like this event might be a great way to get my feet wet.
I was looking for threads what you guys do to the first time owners. :):)

I will be trying to move a few days off so I can drive down and say hello.
So I am a maybe and will update.

Doug G.

What part of VA are you from?

Doug.gaspo
10-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Thanks Chris for the welcome. Mike, I live in Haymarket.

Iznodmad
10-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Awesome Doug. I hope you can make it. I'm not certain if you will be driving a DeLorean or not? We won't be too mean to you as a new owner. Lol. J/k.

First look at the upcoming weather forecast is freaking awesome. Sunny, high of 75, 0% chance of rain! No excuses as far as the weather forecast.

Btw, I'm 99% sure the menu will be hamburgers and hot dogs. Never done that before, and it will be catered in. Probably buy a little extra that I can cook on the grill at my house if we wipe out what I'm having brought in.

FLYBOY
10-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Count me in, bringing the Delorean .
Anyone driving from the Asheville area?

Able to help, I only need minor door adjustment.

about2livethedream
10-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Count me in, bringing the Delorean .
Anyone driving from the Asheville area?

Able to help, I only need minor door adjustment.

Im riding with Rad Dad from Asheville (Hendersonville) in his D!

Silkie
10-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Sadly i am not going to be able to attend this year.
I was looking forward to it!
I am currently scraping and saving for the LCA replacement and repair.
Hopefully i will be able to attend next year!

thirdmanj
10-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Thanks Chris for the welcome. Mike, I live in Haymarket.

About 3.5 hours from me. Maybe we'll meet up sometime.

Doug.gaspo
10-12-2013, 12:48 PM
I tried right up to the last minute but unable to attend, I will look forward to next year.
Hope everyone has a fun and safe time.

Gaspo

Hokie
10-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Tremendous event! Even though Josh was a no-show due to an unfortunate accident, Walter Fox, future Master of Mechanical Engineering, replaced my belts and also carted me around looking for oil for an oil change. Thanks Walter! And a special shout out to Darren and Melissa for hosting, and for Darren taking me to the parts store. Your hospitality and friendship is greatly appreciated. And it's always a privilege to be able to view the three finest D's on the east coast, possibly the country! Darren, you are blessed!

TripleZeroFilms
10-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Well, as always, the event was wonderful! Thanks so much Darren for hosting such a fun and friendly event. I really appreciate you letting me ride in/drive your cars - and for giving me a new "automatic" goal to shoot for ;)

It's always nice being able to put faces to new names and to reconnect with old friends. I truly enjoyed talking to everyone and getting to check out all the amazing cars. It's a shame Josh couldn't make it as I know many people were counting on some new parts and surely could have gotten more work done. However, that didn't dampen the spirit around camp, and I know we all had a good time. I know I for one am already looking forward to the next one!

As a note, I did shoot a couple minutes of footage (I was too busy talking to shoot more). I'll try and get it edited together and posted in the coming week.

Thanks again Darren!

Mike C.
10-13-2013, 08:07 AM
I have to say, this was a great event! I had a fantastic time reconnecting with everyone again, and have to admit Darren's latest acquisition is definitely a pretty lil car :biggrin:

Darren, thanks to you and your family for the hospitality, and for lunch/dinner. Hopefully we didn't scare your sons too much LOL

about2livethedream
10-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Have to echo everyone here. Great time...thanks for all the info everyone shared. Pleasure meeting everyone! Thanks to FLYBOY for the ride!

Chris Burns
10-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Had a great time and enjoyed driving not just one but 3 Deloreans!!!

Enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing all the different mods on the cars.

Here are a few pics from the event

Chris Burns
10-14-2013, 11:06 PM
Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NQV70W1FEQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUmXDS0NA2ZGVJ2Wvj8MCb7g

Chris Burns
10-14-2013, 11:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEE8K4x2Krw&feature=youtu.be

Chris Burns
10-14-2013, 11:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b-y4J0j0rg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUmXDS0NA2ZGVJ2Wvj8MCb7g

Chris Burns
10-14-2013, 11:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufCL3PfF8dA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUmXDS0NA2ZGVJ2Wvj8MCb7g

Domi
10-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Great pictures and videos Chris, thanks ;)

Roman Legion
10-15-2013, 05:51 PM
I had work and couldn't get off for it, but I hope to be at the spring meet.

FLYBOY
10-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Had a great time and really enjoyed talking to everyone there.
What a great reason to get out and drive the car. We are really
Lucky to have someone throw an event like this so close.

Thanks Darren

FLYBOY
10-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Have to echo everyone here. Great time...thanks for all the info everyone shared. Pleasure meeting everyone! Thanks to FLYBOY for the ride!

No problem Any time man enjoyed talking to you.