PDA

View Full Version : New member

Bitsyncmaster
08-15-2013, 03:34 PM
I've been emailing with a new owner and he said he can not get signed up on DMCtalk.

Here is what I got from email:

I have tried but have not gotten anything back on approval to post or communicate with members. I have started an account, username skywalker77. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

MDC - Mike C.
08-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Dave,

Thanks for the heads up. Please let your friend know that he should be able to post now. If he still has any issues, please let me know!!

-Mike

Bitsyncmaster
07-01-2014, 06:03 AM
Another owner can not register "DickLash". I met him at DCS and suggested he join. Can you look into this problem?

Soundkillr
07-01-2014, 09:58 PM
In most cases when a user can not register, the issue is that they can't be verified. This happens when a user registers and does not complete the registration by emailing us so we can verify they are actually interested and not a bot. We have so many bots trying to register I have to clear the list often. If people don't email completing registration their names are cleared with the list as well, as I have no way of knowing who is real and who isn't. Would you mind asking them to re register and email me immediately so I can complete their registration.

vps3922
07-02-2014, 03:52 PM
This happens when a user registers and does not complete the registration by emailing us so we can verify they are actually interested and not a bot.

Ahh, that explains a lot. I tried to register for a while in the beginning of the year and did also not hear anything, but I must have missed the step whereby I had to also send an email. Well, it finally worked out. I noticed that my login was working but I was not able to post anything. So I contacted the web admin address and "voila" it started to work.

Thanks for keeping the bots away!:chairshot:

Bitsyncmaster
07-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Something is wrong with getting new members accepted. I have not seen what is involved but it must not work for everybody.

I guess he gave up.

Tried again & rejected.�� Reason given - "invalid referrer specified".�� I used your name David McKeen as my referrer.�� What is a "bot"?�������������������������� Dick Lash

vps3922
07-02-2014, 05:33 PM
What is a "bot"?

It is a program that figures out how to create an account and then creates thousands of them or simply creates a few and posts ads in the forum.

Jimmyvonviggle
07-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Another owner can not register "DickLash". I met him at DCS and suggested he join. Can you look into this problem?

Dicklash? What's the story....or accident behind that user name.

Bitsyncmaster
07-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Dicklash? What's the story....or accident behind that user name.

Dick Lash is his real name. It that why he can not join us?

NightFlyer
07-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Dick Lash is his real name. It that why he can not join us?

You could always refer him to DMCToday.com :biggrin:

djdogbone
07-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Here is your problem: from the Urban Dictionary
DICKLASH:

an insult implying someone got hurt their neck from s**king too much d**k

The female equivalent of being pu**y whipped.

It's probably a system blocked user name