PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Used Island twin turbo kit - mostly complete

FABombjoy
08-15-2013, 02:45 PM
I picked up one of the Island TT kits that Josh was offering in this thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?3991-Island-Twin-Turbo-Kits

I've decided against running twin turbos so I'm offering my kit for sale. I removed the existing studs from the manifolds in prep for having them machined and coated. Also removed the bolts from the exhaust housings and soaked them in prep for being rebuilt, but the turbos are still assembled. Due to time I've just not had a chance to do very much with it.

Referencing the original parts list, this kit comes with:

Exhaust & Turbos:
2 DL-100 Turbos RHB5
1 DL-101 L.H. Exhaust Manifold
1 DL-102 R.H. Exhaust Manifold

Mufflers - turn-down tip style:
1 DL-201 L.H. Turbine Exhaust Pipe Assembly
1 DL-202 R.H. Turbine Exhaust Pipe Assembly

Intake parts:
1 DL-301 Throttle Body Assembly with fitting
1 DL-303 Top L.H. Compressor Suction pipe
1 DL-304 Bottom L.H. Compressor Suction pipe
1 DL-305 Top R.H. Compressor Suction pipe
1 DL-306 Bottom R.H. Compressor Suction pipe

1 DL-401 L.H. Intake Manifold Adapter
1 DL-402 R.H. Intake Manifold Adapter
1 DL-403 L.H. Compressor Discharge Pipe
1 DL-404 R.H. Compressor Discharge Pipe

Also have some of oil feed parts, can't recall which offhand, but everything in the oiling system is standard stuff you can pick up from Summit Racing or a similar racing shop.

Caveat: Josh sent me a pair of mismatched turbos. I've contacted him about getting a proper replacement but have not yet heard back. If you are interested in this kit, I will get that straightened out before sending it out. If you want to use adapters and switch to different turbos, even better.

So basically you'll get all of the parts that are genuinely unique to the Island kit. The rest of what came in the original kit is available from DPI, Summit, Jegs, eBay, etc.

Price: $750 + shipping
Paid over $800 delivered so I'm taking a bit of a loss, but I want someone that can use it to have it.

Also have a new stainless stud kit if interested, will sell along with the kit at a discount as well.

Will have pictures up shortly!

FABombjoy
08-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Here's a shot of everything. Would be more than happy to take more pics, too!

Patrick C
08-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Very cool. One thing I see missing from the kit is the alternator relocation bracket. That will need to be fabricated by whomever buys this. I think there were also some brackets in the kit to move the coolant bottle away from the relocated alternator.

Ryan King
08-16-2013, 02:35 AM
Josh sells the Alternator Relocating Bracket

elfking
08-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Josh sells the Alternator Relocating Bracket

I have had emails back and fourth with him since I bought a set from him as well however long ago... Seems I get an email every couple of months... I had wanted a bracket as well but seems like he's very busy and has bigger projects to attend to... He does keep saying he has them / can make them.

SS Spoiler
08-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Those rough castings can be sanded and polished to look like chrome.

FABombjoy
08-16-2013, 11:28 AM
There are some good pics online of the relocation brackets (alternator & water bottle), and I've collected a fair amount of TT install photos to use as reference. I was going to make my own brackets when Josh mentioned that he had remade them in stainless. Both brackets are really pretty simple and should be easy to duplicate.

abarringer1
08-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Given I have my engine torn down completely I'm somewhat tempted. But boy do I already have a ton of money invested in my car which is no where close to complete. Decisions, decisions. Sadly I've never even driven a D. Can't wait to get mine running so I can take one out for the first time :)

FABombjoy
08-29-2013, 09:19 AM
Tentatively sold, pending obtaining the replacement turbos from DPI

FABombjoy
10-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Still tentatively sold, maybe, but I can't seem to communicate with the relevant parties:

eagle-co94 - Can you clear you PM box? I can't send you any messages.

Josh @ DPI - Can you please return my telephone calls ASAP regarding the replacement turbos.

ALEXAKOS
10-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Still here and up to the task to buy those!

eagle-co94 is off on Duty serving his country. Was supposed to be back on Oct 4th.
Still no news from him. :(

FABombjoy
10-09-2013, 09:40 AM
I had no idea! I hope everything is OK with him.

ALEXAKOS
10-09-2013, 11:06 AM
He actually just reported in that his return is expected this Friday;)

wrkey
10-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Tell him "Thank you for your service."

Still here and up to the task to buy those!

eagle-co94 is off on Duty serving his country. Was supposed to be back on Oct 4th.
Still no news from him. :(

FABombjoy
11-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Bumping this, still available. I still cannot get satisfactory communication from DPI, so this kit is sold as it stands.

A decent turbo rebuilder should have access to create a properly matched set, and I'd be happy to help guide a buyer with selecting alternative turbos.

I've had one offer for just the charge piping & fittings, so if you're only looking for the manifolds and/or turbos, we can work out a deal.

FABombjoy
01-29-2014, 10:37 AM
BUMP

Seriously, someone must want this. Make me an offer!

DPI Josh, I haven't heard from you since October 9th. Still waiting on those properly matched replacements...

elfking
02-01-2014, 12:34 PM
If be interested in the mufflers if that helps you part it out at all... How does one check if they have a matched set of turbos ? I also got a set from DPI and maybe they are mismatched and we could swap haha.

FABombjoy
02-01-2014, 01:20 PM
I just sold the mufflers yesterday. I've had some interest in the remainder of the kit but no payments have been sent, so everything else is still available.

Read the ID tag on the compressor housing, as well as the numbers cast into the turbine housing. I appear to have the same compressor wheel & compressor housing, but 2 different exhaust housings & possibly different exhaust turbine wheels. There are about a million turbos with the RHB5 center section, so finding a matching compressor housing should be doable. If I were going to use the kit I'd probably adapt a pair of the RHB5s from the MX6 / Probe.

FABombjoy
02-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Mufflers are sold

Manifolds, piping, turbos, everything else is still available - $600 OBO. International delivery is no problem.

FABombjoy
02-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Several PMs sent, almost no replies received. Is this thing on? *tap tap* :umm: