PDA

View Full Version : 29th Anniversary of JZD's Acquittal - August 16, 1984

DavidProehl
08-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Found this great write up today by a Thomson Reuters attorney on the events that led to JZD's arrest. Seems to be an accurate account of what happened, and consistent with other reports and interviews I've read.

http://westlawinsider.com/legal-research/today-in-1984-carmaker-john-delorean-acquitted-of-cocaine-smuggling-charges-by-reason-of-entrapment/

Jeremy Popp
08-16-2013, 01:50 PM
That's one of the most well written articles I've read on the subject, thanks for sharing. If anyone ever wanted a "in a nutshell" version, that is it. Now we just need to make copies to hand out at car shows and the cocaine jokes will stop in 20-30 years. :thumbup:

Mark D
08-16-2013, 02:08 PM
I thought this was a great article as well. Definitely worthy of printing hand-outs for the lesser informed people you run into that make cocaine comments.

JohnZ
08-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Let's celebrate!

:Headspin:

dmc6960
08-16-2013, 03:47 PM
I've already copied and pasted this into a personal email for archiving. This article is an incredible summary.

Is there any issue posting the full article here as well?

Domi
08-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Thank you for sharing ;)

Jonathan
08-16-2013, 04:01 PM
I've already copied and pasted this into a personal email for archiving. This article is an incredible summary.

Why, because it was written by a lawyer? ;)

DavidProehl
08-16-2013, 04:13 PM

I see the author is on Google+. I have sent him a message on there asking for permission to repost the article here. Hopefully he responds. My message to him reads:
"Jeremy - I am a DeLorean car owner who recently saw your write up on John DeLorean's arrest and acquittal. I posted a link to your article here (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?7933-29th-Anniversary-of-JZD-s-Acquittal-August-16-1984). This is an outstanding summary of the events around DeLorean's legal problems. Would you mind if your article was reposted in our forum for posterity? I don't think any of us have seen such a well articulated summary and we'd hate for your research to be lost. Thanks!"

I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

Jim - I see Jeremy is from Minneapolis, I wonder if he has a deeper interest in the car... Maybe you could meet up with him for lunch one day :)

dmc6960
08-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Why, because it was written by a lawyer? ;)

No. Because it was written by someone who wasn't me. I don't typically copy/paste other people's whole writings. At most I do only a clip or a paragraph. I'm unfamiliar with this site's policy on copyrights.

Being written by a layer has nothing to do with it.

Sidaries
08-18-2013, 02:26 PM
And on the same day, but in 1978 got the DMC the UK money to build the factory.
http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2013/aug/16/delorean-car-sports-belfast

topcop66
08-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Excellent article !!! One other point I am happy to associate with the day of 8/16 is.........my Birthday ! For years I used to wear, in the August heat, a sweatshirt that I had air brushed with the portrait of John that was used for the cover of his book, DELOREAN. I still have the sweat shirt, but alas it no longer fits ! Always had many questions from folks asking who it was or why I was wearing it. Must have been 10 years at least that I wore it on the anniversay of the verdict. :rock_on: