PDA

View Full Version : My newest creation...LED Artwork

Michael
08-18-2013, 10:37 PM
I took a small break from the Millennium Falcon again to churn this out for my wife's birthday. Took me a little longer than I planned, but got it finished tonight. This is an original design based off of a piece I did a few years ago, I redesigned it to include illumination. I had to custom build everything including the frame to get the look I was going for. The lights offer total control from colors to fades, flashes, brightness, etc. and are controlled by a IR remote. I used 2 separate drivers so I could have the background independent of the foreground. This was a learning exercise for me, my next pieces will be a bit different, definitely smaller...I got carried away on the size and the mantle was about the only place I could hang it.

Here is a quick video to demonstrate a few of the functions, I have it on a quick fade to show the colors. I can slow the fade down to a crawl, just run solid colors, custom fades, pretty much anything....I'm pretty happy with it. Our living room is pretty large and it still overpowers it a tad...but if I dim the LED's it looks pretty nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If1NKZ0KbrU

ALEXAKOS
08-19-2013, 03:35 AM
wow,
how big is that?
Looks cool for a hotel lobby lounge!:)