PDA

View Full Version : General RPM to mph chart

fnzen
05-25-2011, 01:16 AM
Can somebody repost the rpm to mph chart before I get a ticket cause my angle cable is broke?

Chris 16409
05-25-2011, 02:56 AM
Here you go.

Cory W
05-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Also, as a reminder to those with this problem, a GPS can come in handy as well. I remember seeing this chart long before they were readily available to the public 8)

Jacko
05-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Both my D's have 170 MPH speedometers (from D-ONE years ago) but IIRC when the speedo is stock the needle is roughly parallel to the tach needle on a five speed in top gear ... don't know if that's true on automatics.

DeLorean03
05-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Just FYI, Hervey has a cable that basically eliminates the lambda counter. You don't have to worry about two cables anymore; it's all one piece that goes from the speedometer to the angle drive. Gives you plenty of extra cable to work with too, so it's not a "stretch" just to install it. Cuts down on the wear on the angle drive and gives one a simple peace of mind as well as eliminating one more thing to "check" when something goes wrong.

It does take removal of the binnacle to properly install (I have heard you can actually install this cable without removal of the binnacle.), but I can vouch - it is WELL worth it.

Under "DeLorean Updates" - $90:

http://specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/speedometer-cable-1.jpg