PDA

View Full Version : Damn....I hit something in my DMC

Radioval
08-30-2013, 10:04 PM
You know those posts next to the gas pumps at gas stations...well...I hit one and the drivers front side got smushed in...can it be banged out or should I just get another panel?? Ugggg....and there is a scratch along the door. I have insurance and everything but if you think it can be banged out and the steel buffed then I can go that route.....but there seems to be a little hole in the metal too. Check out the pics and help me :)

Valerie
[email protected]

Michael
08-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Damn that was a hard hit. I hate to hear you did that. As far as fixing that one, it's a pretty big area of damage and the metal is definitely stretched. I doubt it will come out the way you want it to but the dent guys will be better equipped to answer that one. I would think it's safe to say a panel replacement would be the best option. Depending on who your insurance carrier is and the cost of a possible raised rate and whatever your deductible is, it may be better to fix this one out of your own pocket. After all you can do the labor and a LF will run you about 2k-2.5k.

OK I have to ask after seeing the pics again, how did this happen?

Dangermouse
08-30-2013, 10:37 PM
Wow, that's sad to see.

Spittybug
08-30-2013, 10:41 PM
YOU SMASHED THE DRIVER FRONT FENDER???? :nono: :thumbdown: :rant: :banghead: :nutkick::eek5::mallet: I'm sure several others will come to mind.

Condolences.

Chris Nicholson
08-31-2013, 09:58 AM
This can be fixed, last time I was over in the states repaired at least 2 fenders like this!

Best wishes!

Chris Nicholson

thirdmanj
08-31-2013, 12:45 PM
This can be fixed, last time I was over in the states repaired at least 2 fenders like this!

Best wishes!

Chris Nicholson

The Man has spoken. Heed His words sir! (And get his contact info) for if any man can resurrect this beast The Lord Of Stainless can!!
Best if luck to you!

Domi
08-31-2013, 04:09 PM
Sorry to see such a damage :frown:

DeLorean03
08-31-2013, 06:37 PM

Best wishes!

Chris Nicholson

If I were the OP and I read this, I would sleep well (better) now. If Chris says he can fix it, you are in the clear. I would PM Chris and see what all you got to do to get the fender to him, determine the cost of repair, and go from there!

RammJaeger
08-31-2013, 06:43 PM

Best wishes!

Chris Nicholson

Chris, are you coming to the US any time in the not so distant future? We've got a group of Delorean owners here in the southeast (SEDOC - South East Delorean Owners Club) and I'm sure we'd love to use your services :)

Radioval
08-31-2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks for your advice guys........I shall admit that I am a crappy girl driver who has an affinity for cool old cars....

Getting a new LFF wouldn't "match" the rest of my car. Some dolt painted my car red one time and when whoever removed the paint they went against the grain so my stainless looks scratchy - I hear that they can rebrush the steel and make it shiny at DMC Florida...guess I better call them.

It's still a bad ass car tho and runs good...

I need to hire a driver to drive me around in all my cars....that would answer all my problems

Thanks again for helping answer!!! ;)

Chris Nicholson
09-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Chris, are you coming to the US any time in the not so distant future? We've got a group of Delorean owners here in the southeast (SEDOC - South East Delorean Owners Club) and I'm sure we'd love to use your services :)

Not sure at the moment, possibly latter in the year, but please email over pictures to me, I give some estimates on dents ect.

Best Wishes!

Chris

RammJaeger
09-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Not sure at the moment, possibly latter in the year, but please email over pictures to me, I give some estimates on dents ect.

Best Wishes!

Chris

Ok thanks, could you PM me your e-mail address? Or if it is public knowledge just post it here?

Jimmycxc
09-17-2013, 05:57 PM
I need to hire a driver to drive me around in all my cars....that would answer all my problems

What other cars do you have?

Radioval
09-20-2013, 12:11 PM
What other cars do you have?

I have a bad ass custom painted PT Crusier (don't hate)....a old Cadillac and a big van...currently I am looking for a Fiero so I can turn it into a Lambo....

Farrar
09-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Another radio person with a PT Cruiser. Nice! Although I'm guessing commercial radio.

Radioval
09-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Another radio person with a PT Cruiser. Nice! Although I'm guessing commercial radio.

I own a commercial AM radio station in the Tampa Bay area...because I am awesome! :goatee:

Farrar
09-21-2013, 09:47 AM
I own a commercial AM radio station in the Tampa Bay area...because I am awesome! :goatee:

Cool! Which station? I'm at WWNO FM in New Orleans.

ALEXAKOS
09-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Don't you just want to sue all gas companies for placing that pole down there out of sight?
There should be a sign "Caution Pole!" Hell, Stella got her millions with just hot coffee.

Sorry to see that bud. Could you share with us the array of language that you exposed after the incident?:tongue_stick:

Radioval
09-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Cool! Which station? I'm at WWNO FM in New Orleans.

WWPR 1490am
1490wwpr.com

Radioval
09-22-2013, 09:01 AM
Don't you just want to sue all gas companies for placing that pole down there out of sight?
There should be a sign "Caution Pole!" Hell, Stella got her millions with just hot coffee.

Sorry to see that bud. Could you share with us the array of language that you exposed after the incident?:tongue_stick:

Yes...hate the poles at gas stations...I kinda want to hit the pump one day to see if it explodes like the movies.....but I am a little twisted. My language was quite vile and I would probably get kicked off this page if I typed it out :)

RammJaeger
09-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Yes...hate the poles at gas stations...I kinda want to hit the pump one day to see if it explodes like the movies.....but I am a little twisted. My language was quite vile and I would probably get kicked off this page if I typed it out :)

When I was a teenager I had a classic Barracuda. One night I was out with a girl I was seeing and I backed into a pole and dented my rear quarter panel (the 67 Barracuda fastback has a nasty blind spot). When I hit the pole the girl laughed! Well, that told me she wasn't the right girl for me :)

a39
09-23-2013, 01:15 AM
You know those posts next to the gas pumps at gas stations...well...I hit one and the drivers front side got smushed in...can it be banged out or should I just get another panel?? Ugggg....and there is a scratch along the door. I have insurance and everything but if you think it can be banged out and the steel buffed then I can go that route.....but there seems to be a little hole in the metal too. Check out the pics and help me :)

Valerie
[email protected]

Sad situation but it could have been worse. Hope it can be fixed but a replacement panel might be less.

Farrar
09-23-2013, 11:25 AM
WWPR 1490am
1490wwpr.com

Oh, another station with two back-to-back Ws. Fun times. Around here we have to train people to say "double you double you" instead of "dubya dubya." LOL Nice gig!

Sorry for all the off-topic stuff...

thirdmanj
09-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Oh, another station with two back-to-back Ws. Fun times. Around here we have to train people to say "double you double you" instead of "dubya dubya." LOL Nice gig!

Sorry for all the off-topic stuff...

"Dubya Ennnnnn BC"
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/24/bama5uzu.jpg