PDA

View Full Version : Rich W's Custom DeLoreans - A Field of Dreams

Rich W
09-17-2013, 02:25 PM
First, I would like to thank John Gunnell (automotive writer of 85 car books, and counting) for making a round-about 9 hour trip to come view my projects.
John stopped out this weekend, for a quick photo shoot (between the rain-drops) and a quick interview about my DeLorean Projects and DMC Collection.

John's first draft was a great read, but probably a bit too long for an Internet article, so the end result was shortened extensively (to keep it manageable).

John has submitted the article to a few other websites, so we will see if it gets picked up and "re-hashed" over the next few days and weeks.

See the original article here: http://www.gunnersgreatgarage.com/category/news/ (article date: Sept. 17, 2013)

As a side note, John's friend and fellow automotive writer Linda Clark also interviewed me for a chapter in her upcoming sequel to her first book, which is
reviewed briefly at the same link, with the article date: (Aug. 20, 2013), as the book just came out last month -- Strange But True Tales of Car Collecting.

Since the current book was just released, Linda said she will not complete writing of the sequel until 2014 and it will probably not be released until 2015.
Linda was a writer for a number of car magazines for many years, including AutoWeek. Linda wrote her first auto book in conjunction with Keith Martin.

Rich W
09-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Direct Link to the Field of Dreams article, within the News category:

http://www.gunnersgreatgarage.com/2013/09/17/field-of-dreams/

Rich W
09-20-2013, 01:20 PM
While we were waiting for the rain to stop, John and Linda enjoyed reading the BTTF Cast and Crew autographs on my BTTF Prop Car passenger door.

Attaching a couple rain images below:

Rich W
07-01-2014, 12:57 PM
In the better later than never category, John Gunnell's full article of my DeLorean projects (with photos) made it into Auto Restorer.

Although 8 months after the interview, I guess it was worth waiting to be included in the Silver Anniversary issue (June 2014).

Thanks to Tom Sedor for "finding" the article and scanning it to PDF for me, to post here. (I am hoping the PDF will upload OK)

Thanks again John, for a great article.

SIMid
07-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Thanks for sharing and uploading it!