PDA

View Full Version : Delorean Performance Ind manufacturing gaskets for fluid handling

Delorean Industries
09-30-2013, 10:31 AM
For years DPI has worked to provide the best solutions possible for fluid handling on the DMC-12 platform. Unfortunately many of the OEM style gaskets and sealing methods are far from reliable. While we have moved to many modern sealers in place of gaskets all together, some surfaces still require a gasket for clearance purposes etc. All gaskets will be listed individually and in kit form on our website shortly. Along with posts (and prices) in the for sale section.

The greatest benefit of all is the ability to move to high end gasket materials specifically designed for use with synthetic based oils. OEM style replacements lack this ability normally making leaks seem much worse when synthetic is used.

We have scanned and built custom dies for stamping out many of the common gaskets required for oil leak corrections. Attached are a few pictures of our precision die kits for manufacturing seals in quantity.

Current dies completed are:
oil pan gasket
left rocker cover
right rocker cover
camshaft closing plate gasket
air horn gasket
air metering housing gasket

Dies currently under construction:
assortment of transmission gaskets
transmission pan gasket

jawn101
10-04-2013, 12:27 PM
I can vouch for the unimpeachable quality of Josh's oil pan gasket.... only way to fly.

Josh
10-04-2013, 01:37 PM
My engine is entirely sealed with DPI gaskets!

Bitsyncmaster
10-05-2013, 03:09 PM
I could not find them on your site. Do you have the valve cover gaskets? (Rocker cover)

Delorean Industries
10-05-2013, 03:11 PM
yes we do Dave. 9.95 per side.

mluder
10-06-2013, 03:12 AM
Any reason you might want to do a water pump back gasket?

Cheers
Steven

Delorean Industries
02-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Steve, Plenty of water pump housing gaskets available in great shape. The material does not fail and shrink like the other paper components. We stock 100's of these.

mluder
02-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Steve, Plenty of water pump housing gaskets available in great shape. The material does not fail and shrink like the other paper components. We stock 100's of these.

Thanks, Josh.

My last water pump kit came with a paper gasket. That pump leaked and eventually failed prematurely - the pulley sheared off.
Needless to say, my most recent replacement came from a different vendor and had a "cork" gasket. I have a feeling it wont leak.

Cheers
Steven