PDA

View Full Version : LED taillight strip with 3rd brake light

gulwng3
10-14-2013, 11:56 AM
First, my apologies if this question has been asked and answered before. I'm looking for a red LED taillight strip (maybe 2-3 feet wide) that can be mounted under the rear louvres. I've found lots of options for 3rd brake lights, but I am looking for a dual purpose light with running taillights that will also become brighter and act as a 3rd brake light when braking. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Andy

Notifier
10-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Are you talking about what you see under the tailgate of some pickup trucks? We have one on our Silverado that will flash left or right plus brake for red and has white for the reverse lights. I've seen other variations (like one that will be dim for the running lights and brighter for brake and turn signals), you just have to look around for the type you prefer.

gulwng3
10-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Yes, that's what I was thinking about getting. How do you like yours on your truck and could they be customized to fit under the rear louvres of the D?

Thanks,
Andy

Dangermouse
10-14-2013, 03:59 PM
I think that with the support brace you couldn't get one underneath, centered.

I think Farrar has 2 shorter ones located either side of the spine

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2178-3rd-Brake-Light-Installation-Options&highlight=CHMSL

Notifier
10-14-2013, 06:17 PM
I think that with the support brace you couldn't get one underneath, centered.

I was thinking the same thing. You would have to put it directly in front of or behind the support brace, unless you found one that was split. The one on our truck is simple "peel and stick", but of course it's on a vertical surface. In order for the same thing to work on the DeLorean, you would need to find or fabricate a bracket.

Maybe this is the one Farrar used, and might be what you are looking for:

http://www.delorean-parts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DPNW&Product_Code=K3002DP-A&Category_Code=9450
I think it is brake lights only.