PDA

View Full Version : Problems with site access

Dangermouse
05-25-2011, 07:34 AM
Anyone else have problems with the new site and IE8?

The weirdest thing is happening with me. Yesterday afternoon I was able to get on the new site on my work PC/IE8 and re-register and make a post. A couple of hours later I go back to the site and the IE program locks up after loading the title bar. I put it down to bugs in the new system.

Last night I had no problem getting on the site via Safari/iPhone

This morning in work again, no IE access, but Safari/iPhone access Ok, which is how I am typing this.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

EDIT - doh - if you had a similar problem, then you probably could post it here :bang:

I am now accessing the site from the same PC/network, but using Firefox, so the problem is definitely with my IE8

Morpheus
05-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Another reason IE flat out sucks. Firefox or Chrome FTW. 8)

Bitsyncmaster
05-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Working OK for me with IE8 at work.

Mike C.
05-25-2011, 11:58 AM
During setup, I had an issue with an older computer I was using off and on displaying with IE7. When I upgraded it to 8, all was fine. Just double checked on two other work stations running IE8, had no issues.

Are you still having issues?

Bitsyncmaster
05-25-2011, 05:11 PM
At home I think I have IE7 and when I open DMCtalk.org it just shows the General Delorean forum. It does not go to Main forums. With my IE8 at work it starts with Main Forums.

Not a big deal but just to let you know.

Mike C.
05-25-2011, 05:33 PM
I def. know there's an issue when IE7 is used. Glad im not the only one who experienced it. It's computer land's way of telling us to upgrade versions :)

Karin
05-25-2011, 06:48 PM
At least I am not having a problem with DMCTalk not liking my FF4. I had a problem once before in another site when things weren't displaying right but when I checked my IE, it looked just fine. Next day, however, the site showed up fine again on my FF and hasn't done it ever since.

Could be some things you might have to check like clearing your cache, make sure your browser accepts cookies, etc. Maybe just all the little things.

Bitsyncmaster
05-25-2011, 08:00 PM
I def. know there's an issue when IE7 is used. Glad im not the only one who experienced it. It's computer land's way of telling us to upgrade versions :)

I see what IE7 is doing. It's all there but inserts lots of line feeds. Your setup must be exceeding the column width.

Renee_1632
05-26-2011, 01:18 AM
No problems at home, but on my work computer it freezes up and the page is huge. Meh, no biggie though. I have friends who are sys admin :)

Dangermouse
05-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Still happening at work. Just like Renee describes.

I'm just using firefox now

Mike C.
05-26-2011, 08:10 AM
Still happening at work. Just like Renee describes.

I'm just using firefox now

Is that where you were accessing it at work? What screen resolution are you using? I will compare it to the one at my office when I go in today. My home one is a 24" wide screen, so I can't help you there. My office one is just a standard 15" monitor, so I can help you more in about an hour.

Hopefully a simple switch of resolution can clear it up.

Dangermouse
05-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Its a 22" monitor with 1680x1050

As I said, the odd thing is that it opened the first time, and let me register and post, and now locks up.

All the other DMC forums work fine. :devil:

Bitsyncmaster
05-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Well I upgraded my home netbook to IE8 and now the forum works without any problems. Only took about 15 minutes to upgrade.