PDA

View Full Version : Fan made video of the new DMC CA location in Huntington Beach CA.

Chris Burns
10-25-2013, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEfnRgRSd50

Silverbullet
10-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Ah... It could be edited to 2 minutes and you would not miss anything....:hmm:

Timebender
12-10-2013, 08:19 PM
I don't get why it's called a "Fan Made Video" when it's nothing more than 18 minutes of someone's visit to DMC Ca that looks like it's all the footage they shot, no editing, bad sound, no filmmaking effort applied to the making of it... At best it's someone's home video. Did they end up buying one of the cars out front?

Delorean02378
12-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Wow, DMC CA is a LOT more patient with those two than I would have been. Good job Cameron.

OverlandMan
12-11-2013, 03:38 PM
These people remind me of the creepy father in son that kidnap "Ted" in the movie "Ted".

SIMid
12-12-2013, 11:52 PM
I think they have the "BTTF Restoration" page on Facebook and I also believe the girl was the one who got the Back To The Future logo tattooed onto her leg.

Massive fans.

martydmc12
12-13-2013, 12:48 AM
All I can say about this, for anyone who's ever wondered why Ed Bernstein of DeLorean One was the way he was towards people, it was because of dealing with people like this on a consistent basis. The phone calls, and people randomly showing up at the D1 facility. I'm in no way condoning his behaviour, but I can only imagine the frustration it must have caused him and his business, especially at the height of BTTF's popularity in the 80's and early 90's. I'm sure if DMC California or any of the other DeLorean facility for that matter, started having people show up to look around and ogle the cars, with no real intentions of buying anything, that it could get old real fast.

thirdmanj
12-13-2013, 09:32 AM
All I can say about this, for anyone who's ever wondered why Ed Bernstein of DeLorean One was the way he was towards people, it was because of dealing with people like this on a consistent basis. The phone calls, and people randomly showing up at the D1 facility. I'm in no way condoning his behaviour, but I can only imagine the frustration it must have caused him and his business, especially at the height of BTTF's popularity in the 80's and early 90's. I'm sure if DMC California or any of the other DeLorean facility for that matter, started having people show up to look around and ogle the cars, with no real intentions of buying anything, that it could get old real fast.

If you can't handle the fandom associated with these silly little plastic cars, then you're probably in the wrong business at this point. For the most part these people seems pretty harmless. I won't give them any props for film making or anything, but in all fairness it's to be expected. Especially when DMCH goes to such lengths for public exposure. They and VB capitalize on this fandom. Can't put a price on that kinda fame. So long as they're not being fuck-tards, I don't see any reason to get worked up about it.

Edit: Ok I just forced myself to watch a bit more of it. Definetly a bit embarrassing to say the least, and they did get a little invasive. But of all the uber-fans I've met, these people are some of the more respectful ones. The cars a celebrity, people gush and get star struck around celebrities, and here's a lot FULL of them!

JohnZ
12-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Just a little off topic: I've seen Ed Bernstein's name quoted from time to time, I was wondering who is he and what is he to you (like old Bill Withers used to sing :D ).

Now seriously, can you give some infos about the man? As far as I understand he means something to the Delorean world, does he?

:)

Domi
12-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Ed Berstein was the owner of DeLorean One:
http://www.deloreanone.com/
If you buy old DeLorean World magazine, you'll be able to see his shop, advice on the car.
Back in the days, he was working with Stephen Wyne.
I was ordering all my parts in the '90, he had a nice printed catalog.