PDA

View Full Version : DCS 2014: June 12-15, 2014 -- Dayton, OH

Delorean02378
10-29-2013, 05:04 PM
We're starting to plan for DCS 2014 and I had a few questions. Maybe Rich will know the answer to question 2.

Is anyone interested in having their doors adjusted by Rob Grady? Since the show is in Ohio I figured he may come. I can contact Rob and see if he's planning on attending and if he'd be interested in performing door adjustments prior to the show. I'm sure if there was enough interest and we put down some sort of deposit, he'd do it.

Is anyone interested in having some stainless work done on their car? Rich would it be possible to plan this with Chris? Maybe a few days prior to show? If we had enough interest do you think he'd come and bring his tools? Will there be a place he could perform the work?

Thanks,

Kirk

Utah DeLorean
10-29-2013, 05:40 PM
Would be a fun little trip. Looks like a new CNG station is going in just north of Dayton. So I could pull the DeLorean there for not a whole lot.
Now if I could fit it into the budget!
Lets us all know when there is more details!

Rich W
10-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Hi Kirk,

Answer to Q2: Yes, I discussed this with both Ken K. and Chris N. a few times, including earlier this year, around the DMCMW Open House event.

Nothing has been decided yet, but there does appear to be some interest, so we will have to see how things play out over the next few months.

As for tools, Chris says the collection of tools that Tony Swann and I have put together over the years, for Chris to use, is better than his tools.
(Chris brought a "travel sub-set" of these tools to DMCMW and to Ken's in Ohio this past June, so bringing them to Dayton would not be an issue)

Either way, see you in Dayton, Ohio next June.

Later,
Rich W.

BTW: Ken K's Official DCS 2014 thread is here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?6441-Delorean-Car-Show-Inc-2014-Dayton-OHIO

We're starting to plan for DCS 2014 and I had a few questions. Maybe Rich will know the answer to question 2.

Is anyone interested in having their doors adjusted by Rob Grady? Since the show is in Ohio I figured he may come. I can contact Rob and see if he's planning on attending and if he'd be interested in performing door adjustments prior to the show. I'm sure if there was enough interest and we put down some sort of deposit, he'd do it.

Is anyone interested in having some stainless work done on their car? Rich would it be possible to plan this with Chris? Maybe a few days prior to show? If we had enough interest do you think he'd come and bring his tools? Will there be a place he could perform the work?

Thanks,

Kirk

Delorean02378
10-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the information Rich, that would be great if Chris could come and perform stainless work. I'm in for at least 3 hours.

Sorry to have started this thread, I looked for a "sticky" thread but didn't see it and went with the same thread naming convention as previous years.

Agree, let's see how much interest there is and go from there. I'm confident if there's enough interest in door adjustments, Rob would come.

LordFly
10-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Chris N got my real bad ding at he DMCMW open house, but I have many other minor ones that I'd love for him to work on :) Maybe the minor crease along the back edge of my T panel :frown:

Bikercmbc
10-30-2013, 11:56 AM
I would be down for a few hours of SS repair also.

krs09
10-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Im sure I would be in for some SS repair aswell as door alignment. :thumbup:

Josh
10-31-2013, 03:33 PM
I need a significant amount of stainless work and my doors are just terrible. I am going to attempt to fix up my doors, and concentrate on the worst of the dents for Chris to potentially fix up! I would definitely be in for a couple hours at the very least.

ssdelorean
10-31-2013, 10:50 PM
I would be interested in having Rob massage my passenger door strikers.

Also would be interested in Chris fixing some scratches.
Always miss him when Rich brings him to Ohio & Michigan because it is always last minute or Dec/Jan when the salt is on the roads and I don't want to bring my car out.

MTDMC
11-03-2013, 12:11 PM
I'd be interested in have my tortion bars adjusted.

Josh
11-04-2013, 01:48 AM
I'm going to confirm that I need work done to my LFF and will budget for it! Hopefully Chris will make the trip across the pond!

FLYBOY
11-08-2013, 12:54 AM
You could put me down for at least a full day of Stainless steel repair mostly light scratches and polishing nor real dents. But would like to get it as shiny as possible.

kkoncelik
11-08-2013, 11:56 AM
This years raffle car is VIN 5794 and it has 3211 miles on it at the time of this post. The car is being refurbished as we do all raffle cars and you can see the initial pictures at the DCS store at www.deloreancarshow.com.

This will be my final raffle car so if you want to own a DeLorean your odds are 600:1 as there will only be 600 tickets sold.
Proceeds go to the DeLorean Car Show.

This is the 6th raffle car we have offered and this one is again a car that any DeLorean Owner would be proud to own.

It is an automatic gray interior 1981. The car is now registered in the DeLorean data base and we will give the car away in Dayton at the show in 2014.

Tickets are now available at the DCS store.

We do expect tickets again to sell out before the show as they have done for the past 3 cars. So get your tickets ASAP and guarantee yourself a chance to win this low mileage car.

DCS event registration should be ready by Thanksgiving week.

Again thanks
Ken

Lenny
11-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Well everyone, you might as well not buy your ticket I just bought mine and it's the winner. Ken, why don't you get it fixed up and just ship it down to me now:)

darylfelsberg
11-09-2013, 12:16 PM
I too would be interested in some stainless work. Hopefully we can get Chris in early enough to fill the demand.

SherryC
12-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know if Chris will be able to attend? I'm restoring my "barn" DeLorean, vin#10480, and will definitely be at DCS since I live in Dayton :yesss: My car has several areas needing stainless work, and Jeremiah highly recommends Chris, so put me down for some time if it's available.

cyberflexx
01-29-2014, 10:13 AM
I got my ticket as I did last year. I may try to attend this years show. I don't live too far away, just across the ohio river in WV. Please draw my number! :rock_on:

Rich W
03-04-2014, 03:22 PM
With about 100 days until DCS 2014, the latest DML post from Ken K. is re-posted below:

Hi all,

As you know DCS strives to bring you the best in entertainment, history, CARS (especially DeLoreans),
a great spot to vacation and of course lots of fun.

www.deloreancarshow.com

Please spread this to the other DeLorean forums, FB, twitter, linkden and whatever.

If you were looking for that one thing to put you over the edge and register for the show if this does not do it I don't think anything will.

From Bob Gale this evening

Fwd: Chris confirmed that he plans to attend
-----Original Message-----
To: Ken Koncelik <[email protected]>
Sent: Mon, Mar 3, 2014 7:03 pm
Subject: Chris confirmed that he plans to attend

He expects to attend solo and Chris still isn't sure what his schedule is. But he said that as long as it's a weekend, he'll make sure he attends.

Bob Gale
So I am expecting Christopher Lloyd to attend the show on Saturday at this point. He of course will be with the other members of the BTTF crew and Bob Gale.

Chris was the last guest that I had been trying to get that had been eluding me so this being the last show I am doing I think things worked out pretty well.

Now for Surprise number 2

I have another BTTF guest that we have been working out details for and that is Harry Waters. Harry played Marvin Berry in the BTTF movie and will be singing Earth Angle for all of you on stage. We will do this Saturday night as well.

I now have filled up my schedule

Also a note Bob Brandys will be announcing information on his show out west that he has done in the past. Mainly as a preshow to DCS and more recently as his own show.

The future of DCS will be discussed and Jason will give you an update as to the direction he would like to take the New DCS show.

So now the cast is complete and we look forward to seeing you at DCS 2014

Just a note I am getting closer on rooms so if this motivates you to come then please get your rooms before they are gone. Again I have a 500 person max and we are approaching that number. Would hate to see any of you that have been following this to be left out in the cold and today it was cold 1 degree in the morning. Lets start to warm things up.

Disclaimer.
While we are all excited about guest to the show especially the high profile guests. DCS does not work a contract with them and they are under no obligation. I want guest to be here because they want to and in the past that has worked out very well as you all know. As a result I cannot guarantee any of the guests beyond their verbal commitment and work schedule. So if a guest cancels it is out of our control and we hope you understand. This has happened only twice before in all our years so our record is good and we hope you enjoy what we have put forward for you.

This is my last effort at bringing you the largest and I hope you feel also the best DeLorean Car Show Convention/Show/Museum/Vacation/History Lesson/ Entertainment Package and Pool Party that I can. I hope to see you all at my last show.

PS this time we are looking at 15,000SQ ft of additional tents (that is one big tent) in addition to hotel space.
Chicago was 19,000 indoors. If you want to park under cover you must register your car. We would like to see 200 cars and set the all time record for cars. In this location we are near enough cars to do it.

Please make your hotel reservations at http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...4&app=resvlink

or go to www.deloreancarshow.com and click on lodging and then don't forget to event register.

There are 149 raffle tickets left and we usually have 300 by May 1 (Raffle car has plates and insurance and ready for St Paticks day Parade) and there are only 140 event registrations left.

Keep in mind in the past half the people register after May 1st so that is why I am sure we will be a sell out.

Again this is your show. Only you can determine its success or failure and so far DCS has been the success you have all made it.

We also have confirmed the Taj Ma Garaj as a stop so we will get to see some very unusual vehicles.

Check out the daily events. As of this posting Christopher Lloyd, Harry Waters, Donald Fullilove and Claudia Wells, Bob Gale, Andrew Probert and Kevin Pike have not been specifically added. I have the general BTTF cast notes.

Manson Cheung from Mattel will also be making a return by popular demand.

Thank you all for your support
and register soon and register often LOL
I am sure you will enjoy this show.

Ken

Rich W
03-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Less than 99 days until DCS 2014 ... here are some Ken K. Fun Facts from his latest DML post, re-posted below:

With the show getting closer and me being busier than normal I have not done much of fun facts.

Finally got a chance to look at some of the Data and those of you that have kept track of them over the years will realize the number of states represented at this point is way ahead of most of the other shows.

So far we have
IN, PA,SC,CT,MD,WA,FL,TN,OH,IL,VT,CO,NM,AZ,OR,TX,WVA,W I,MA,MO,NY,NJ,VA,SD,KY
And we have Ontario and Russia
At this point this is great 25 states represented so far. Hope I didn't miss any but these are what I saw doing a quick glance.

The state with the most registrations is IL followed by PA and TX

Come on OHIO, INDIANA, KENTUCKY its in you back yard. :-)

I was at the DCO meeting in Ohio in January and I believe everyone there was planning to come. So it looks like registration is going to be very interesting in the weeks ahead.

Room are moving along and there are still rooms left. Those of you that event registered please remember to register for your room.

The room rate is $109 per night.
It is for all the nights of the show and the bookend nights.
If the Hotel tells you there are not ask for Bobby Ogles or e-mail me.
The rate will be honored for the time you are there for the show. Sometimes not all the desk help are aware of all of the show information so please do not worry if you are there for the show you will get the show rate.

We have 67 vin plates so far.
A special bonus this year the T shirts will NOT be white
They will be black with the logo so this is a big change.

I keep getting asked if we will be inviting more guests
First of all there is only so much time at the show so I am limited but I think 18 again tie with Florida and Gettysburg is quite enough.
Second someone has to pay for it and we do have a budget so we are within what the show can do.

The raffle car is doing fine and will be in the St Patricks day parade this year.

There are 32 group photos so far so reserve your photo now.

There are 61 cars registered so far so we are expecting about 125-150 but would like to see 200 so if you can please bring your car. Only if you pay the registration can you park under the tent. If you bring your car and do not register there is plenty of parking right next to the tent.

OK we are good
for those signed up thanks for registering
for those that have not signed up what are you waiting for????

Thanks this is your show
to enjoy it you have to be there.

Ken

SS Spoiler
03-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Driving in from Montana, via Twin Cities MN

tom kish vin. 4357
03-05-2014, 04:53 PM
It would be nice to see a list of vin. numbers signed up for the show!