PDA

View Full Version : General Now for the Important Stuff - HotWheels

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dangermouse
05-25-2011, 07:50 AM
Hows everyone's collection being growing :)

I've been cleaning up at Krogers with FTE and BTTF cars

Cory W
05-25-2011, 08:24 AM
They're STILL not up here! I had to travel down to Toronto a few weeks ago, and managed to pick up 16 FTE and 5 BTTF cars (busier stores along the only North-South corridor). Otherwise, I've been waiting to see them on local shelves.

uhhair
05-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Found 3 Gold ones at my local CVS last week, but other than that, I have struck out everywhere else I look.

Mike C.
05-25-2011, 11:34 AM
I've found ONE lone BTTF hotwheels, none of the black stripe car, and a left over black car.

Seems pickins' are getting slim down here

AdmiralSenn
05-25-2011, 03:15 PM
I've found ONE lone BTTF hotwheels, none of the black stripe car, and a left over black car.

Seems pickins' are getting slim down here

I've found a single black one and that's IT. No love for Florida, I guess.

Kukem
05-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Still no sign of FTE or BTTF hotwheels here in Atlantic Canada. Course, maybe it is just here....

sdg3205
05-26-2011, 04:48 AM
What's the appeal of these? Why collect so many? Are they going to be super valuable?

I'm honestly just curious. I have one black one and have no desire for any more.

Dangermouse
05-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Good question Dave.

Many people gather them to give out to kids at car shows etc. I have a set of 5 on my desk, and my son has a set in his room. (I gave one to the tow truck driver last month for his son :) - just spreading the good word)

Valuable? Perhaps. First edition silver ones get listed for $10 on ebay. Whether anyone buys them at that price, is of course another question.

uhhair
05-26-2011, 08:46 AM
What's the appeal of these? Why collect so many? Are they going to be super valuable?

I'm honestly just curious. I have one black one and have no desire for any more.

I just think of it as an insanely cheap hobby really. For the price of under $2, finding a few of them every now and then is just fun.

1Mcfly4u
05-26-2011, 01:02 PM
I have something planned out that I want to do with my Hotwheels, its why I pick up any that I run across. As a matter of fact I plan to hit all the Kroger's this weekend. I went to the one by my house a month ago and pulled 10 gold, 5 black and 3 ecto 1's. I'm hoping to do much better when I go to all of the stores.

sdg3205
05-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Many people gather them to give out to kids at car shows etc. I have a set of 5 on my desk, and my son has a set in his room. (I gave one to the tow truck driver last month for his son :) - just spreading the good word)

That's a great idea. A good way to ensure future enthusiasm too - positive reinforcement! Now I just need to find a car show that will let me attend!

So far most of my additional memorabilia (such as the hot wheels and various red vests) have come from other people.

uhhair
05-26-2011, 01:24 PM
I have something planned out that I want to do with my Hotwheels, its why I pick up any that I run across. As a matter of fact I plan to hit all the Kroger's this weekend. I went to the one by my house a month ago and pulled 10 gold, 5 black and 3 ecto 1's. I'm hoping to do much better when I go to all of the stores.

I think it would be insanely awesome if someone amassed the thousands of Hw ones needed, and made a real-life size delorean model out of them! Think about it, black for the strips, bumpers, and wheels, silver for the panels, and gold for the windows!

Delorean02378
06-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Just got around to counting the Hotwheels tonight. 229 Deloreans and still collecting.

uhhair
06-05-2011, 10:11 AM
I found 7 more last weekend, all in York, and then I found 3 more in Hershey, not too shabby for two weeks work! I actually found a couple of 2010 models still on the shelves too!

DMC_PRIME
06-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Just got around to counting the Hotwheels tonight. 229 Deloreans and still collecting.

Wow, that is one heck of a collection! :cheers:

I really would like to get a few... What are the best stores to check out?? Best chance??

Delorean02378
06-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Wow, that is one heck of a collection! :cheers:

I really would like to get a few... What are the best stores to check out?? Best chance??

Wal-Mart, Target, Kroger, Toys-R-Us, Stop-N-Shop

timothymoore
06-12-2011, 09:24 PM
i got 8 total, 1 regular D and 7 time machines. cleaned walmart out and another local store. no more around here for now. im gonna go to another few stores this weekend and see if theres any at those places and clean them out too lol.

Renee_1632
06-12-2011, 10:56 PM
I heard a rumor from DMCCA that they'll soon be making red DeLorean hotwheels. Apparently, the DeLoreans have been very profitable. Who would've guessed? ;)

Cory W
06-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Another colour? Sweet merciful crap. A redo on the original one would be nice, but I'm guessing we won't see it for at least three years (just a trend I've noticed of revived stampings; no insider info or other knowledge)

I may need to update my count of each type....I didn't know we had a contest running :D

uhhair
06-12-2011, 11:03 PM
I would get as many red ones as I could! finally, a miniature version of the d in my car's color!

awildermode
06-13-2011, 12:18 AM
I heard a rumor from DMCCA that they'll soon be making red DeLorean hotwheels. Apparently, the DeLoreans have been very profitable. Who would've guessed? ;)

As far as I know, this is just a rumor.

While the Hot Wheels DeLorean has done well, thanks to DMC and everyone here, I think releasing another version would be too much of a good thing. Keep in mind that there was three versions of the New Model (silver, gold, black) and one Fast Than Ever the following year, total of four. If you include the Time Machine version, that is sorta counts as another one. This should be the end of the run for a while (as stated by Cory).

There will be a Comic Con Exclusive of the Time Machine. See the thread in this forum, for more information.

Citizen
07-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Never have been much into DeLorean Hot Wheels, but the Ms. & I were in H.E.B. last night, and they had a clearence rack of H.W. I found one DeLorean, so I figured what the heck, and I bought it. Price? $1.11.

Thomas

Teirae
07-30-2011, 01:34 PM
I have three versions (stainless, gold and bttf).
It was actually shitting me i could find the gold one everywhere.but have only found the other two in a reject shop in a small town in nsw.

...thats if your talking about what i think you are... Cause they all only cost me $1.50 each...
sent via my vortex manipulator

TheDutchTexan
07-31-2011, 02:28 PM
I got 3 gold ones, 1 regular and 1 black. No BTTF version yet.

sean
07-31-2011, 02:35 PM
I got 3 gold ones, 1 regular and 1 black. No BTTF version yet.

Counted 5 BTTF, and a few gold and FTE versions at Kroger today while grocery shopping. This was just on top of the bins, I'd image there were a quite a few more if one were to dig.

Teirae
07-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Ooo black! Ill have to keep looking (and when i say what i have i meant different ones.....lets not bother with how many of each ive horded =p )

SIMid
07-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Well, I think Vicotria, Australia has been exhausted from most Hotwheel Ds, except for the occasional Gold and Black ones.

Still waiting for my Comic Co LE version to be posted to me. :)

Teirae
07-31-2011, 07:31 PM
If you find a black one can i arrange a pickup/posted =) im in nsw not far fron the border =)

Teirae
08-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Ooo i just found a stash of black ones at the supermarket so grabed a couple.
Does anyone know all the different types?

SIMid
08-03-2011, 05:33 AM
Standard silver, gold, black, FTE, BTTF And L.E. Comic Con.

Teirae
08-03-2011, 06:35 AM
FTE?

sean
08-03-2011, 09:42 AM
FTE?

FTE = Faster Than Ever

dmc6960
08-03-2011, 10:08 AM
About 2 weeks ago my wife found 5, count them - !5! original 2010 Stainless models at Target.

Bought them all.

wtbstuff
08-03-2011, 10:50 AM
A friend text'd me that toys r us had some, I bought the 17 BTTF, and 1 FTE car. That was all they had of them, I bought them all yesterday.

Delorean02378
08-04-2011, 09:43 PM
294 and still collecting.

thirdmanj
08-04-2011, 10:12 PM
I purchased a box of twelve from DMCH when they first came out. I've since given them all away to kids and kept 1 for myself. I kept expecting them to get more, but they haven't. Does anybody know what the deal is? Have they stopped making them or something?

Teirae
08-04-2011, 10:34 PM
294 and still collecting.

Holy mother of pearl!!!
that answers the question of where they all are! =p

Cory W
08-04-2011, 10:54 PM
I purchased a box of twelve from DMCH when they first came out. I've since given them all away to kids and kept 1 for myself. I kept expecting them to get more, but they haven't. Does anybody know what the deal is? Have they stopped making them or something?

The original 2010 run was a New Release. Those traditionally are produced in three different colours, released over the course of the year. Now, the FTE and BTTF cars are out, (and are two separate body dies) but when the supply is gone, they're off the shelves for a while. I've noticed that it's usually three + years before a body casting is used again, and very rarely is it painted the same as in the past. These ones have to 'hold us over' until more are produced, if they are at all.

Holy mother of pearl!!!
that answers the question of where they all are! =p

Oh, there are others out there with as many as that...or more ;) My FB page shows what I had back in mid January. It's grown more than it's shrunk since then, as I now have some FTE cars (and a couple BTTF cars)

xbrules
08-05-2011, 08:39 AM
I have hotwheels for 2 of the cars I own, the D and the XB coupe

I've got a few gold ones, 3 black ones, 2 silver ones, a BTTF one, a SDCC one on order and 3 XB coupes

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/GeezLouise1/hotwheels.jpg

H2DMC
08-30-2011, 11:09 AM
I have been buying these up like crazy from short cards to long ones and all the styles..... Is there any word on there being another one for 2012? or any more variations?

DMCH James
08-30-2011, 11:48 AM
The agreement with Mattel expires at the end of 2012, and what will probably be the final version is due to hit stores in January 2012. This will be part of the Hot Wheels Boulevard Series, with a $3-4 price each. Metal chassis and rubber tires along with "closer to original" wheel.

Because of the higher price point and the general difficulty in dealing with Mattel in the past, we aren't buying thousands of these for resale like we did the rest, nor are we taking any pre-orders.

James

Dangermouse
08-30-2011, 11:59 AM
The agreement with Mattel expires at the end of 2012, and what will probably be the final version is due to hit stores in January 2012. This will be part of the Hot Wheels Boulevard Series, with a $3-4 price each. Metal chassis and rubber tires along with "closer to original" wheel.

Because of the higher price point and the general difficulty in dealing with Mattel in the past, we aren't buying thousands of these for resale like we did the rest, nor are we taking any pre-orders.

James

Excellent -

Are they the same scale as the other 5 (or 4+1)? Will they be packaged the same way?

DMCH James
08-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Definitely the same scale, but I haven't yet seen the packaging yet though I expect it to be similar.

James

sean
08-30-2011, 12:57 PM
This will be part of the Hot Wheels Boulevard Series, with a $3-4 price each. Metal chassis and rubber tires along with "closer to original" wheel....

Excellent in deed! Looking forward to this one.

Chris Burns
08-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Looks good James! That one will be on my list.

timothymoore
08-30-2011, 01:40 PM
im up to 21 in my collection right now. out of those 21 id say 11 are bttf, 10 are regular stainless. got 9-10 gold ones coming to me in the mail and a black one as well as a couple BTTF's and a FTE. i hit kroger and walmart up constantly. krogers usually puts a handfull out each week but since i cleaned walmart out a few weeks ago, they havent had any since. i will blitzkrieg the CVS's today after i send my resume out to pepsi. im hitting Ebay auctions up as well when the price is decent but now they are wanting 6$ or more for a gold one on there .

on a side note..... do you guys think that these will go up in value in 10-20 years?

H2DMC
08-30-2011, 01:47 PM
I hit the local flea market up one of the hotwheels dealers there gets them for me. most are the bttf or stainlerss ones but he has gotten me quite a few of the short cards and long card european ones

Its kind of crazy how many variations there are just between a 2 year run with the usa ones and the export ones and the series numbering

sean
08-30-2011, 03:11 PM
on a side note..... do you guys think that these will go up in value in 10-20 years?

If they do I doubt it will be that much since the level of hording going on really doesn't make for a rare market.

Chris Burns
08-30-2011, 03:39 PM
I kept quite a few for myself, but most of the ones I come by I give to kids at car shows.

Michael
08-30-2011, 03:47 PM

I personally don't think there will ever be any "rare" Hot Wheels, or matchbox cars from this time period. There are so many adults that religiously collect these things. Back in the HW/Matchbox infancy, nobody collected them, kids bought them, and played with them, and went on to become adults. Now adults buy them, collect them, and revert to their boyhood days.

Not to mention there will be a total collapse of the economy and the dollar will be phased out by the next decade, so Hot Wheels will not be nearly as collectable as say, a loaf of bread or a block of cheese:devil:

SIMid
08-30-2011, 06:23 PM

James

If the detail is as is to the pic, this will become an excellent addition. I do like the detail around the tail-lights. A D signature. Shame the wheels aren't closer to the design of the original.

Dangermouse
08-31-2011, 08:30 AM

James

James, did you ever find out how many of the previous 5 versions were produced. I recall that the initial one was set at a million. The black ones dried up very quickly but am still finding gold ones.

And there seems to be an endless supply of FTE and BTTF cars.

Will this BS version (that doesn't sound right :shocked:) be a large scale production also (Million manufactured?)

DMCH James
08-31-2011, 04:19 PM
Mattel never publicly releases production figures, but Manson here might have an idea of proportions of BS cars to regular production...

James

Deloreanguy82
09-02-2011, 03:51 AM
I CURRENTLY HAVE A HUGE HW DELOREAN LOT FOR SALE!!! ALL 5 VERSIONS INCLUDING 28 BTTF DELOREANS!!! CHECK OUT THE LINK:

http://losangeles.en.craigslist.org/lac/clt/2577976941.html
THESE HW DELOREANS TOOK YEARS TO COLLECT AND FIND; IT WAS A LABOR OF LOVE. UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE TO PUT THEM UP FOR SALE BEFORE THEY BECOME INSANELY VALUABLE. I IMAGINE THAT THESE WILL BE WORTH QUITE A BIT 5-10 YEARS FROM NOW. AT THIS POINT I NEED TO MOVE THEM BECAUSE I MYSELF NEED TO MOVE. THESE COLLECTIBLES ARE SOLD STRICTLY AS A SET AND TOGETHER. I CANNOT SELL ANY INDIVIDUALLY OR IN A SMALLER AMOUNT, SORRY.

Michael
09-02-2011, 07:47 AM
I CURRENTLY HAVE A HUGE HW DELOREAN LOT FOR SALE!!! ALL 5 VERSIONS INCLUDING 28 BTTF DELOREANS!!! CHECK OUT THE LINK:

THESE HW DELOREANS TOOK YEARS TO COLLECT AND FIND; IT WAS A LABOR OF LOVE. UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE TO PUT THEM UP FOR SALE BEFORE THEY BECOME INSANELY VALUABLE. I IMAGINE THAT THESE WILL BE WORTH QUITE A BIT 5-10 YEARS FROM NOW. AT THIS POINT I NEED TO MOVE THEM BECAUSE I MYSELF NEED TO MOVE. THESE COLLECTIBLES ARE SOLD STRICTLY AS A SET AND TOGETHER. I CANNOT SELL ANY INDIVIDUALLY OR IN A SMALLER AMOUNT, SORRY.

1000.00!!! Damn, everyone was buying gold(which has only tripled in value over the past few years). Those fools should have been buying hot wheels.

Dangermouse
09-02-2011, 12:06 PM

Please use your winnings to invest in fixing your CAPLOCK key ;)

(Years to collect ???)

H2DMC
09-02-2011, 12:15 PM

there are actually more versions with the european long cards and 5 short card versions

Delorean02378
09-02-2011, 04:47 PM
$1000 bucks! Wow, I've got over 300, maybe I should sell them all for $2000.

Obviously I'm kidding. All mine are going to my son when he gets much older and has a Delorean of his own. We enjoy looking for the Hotwheels when we're at stores. I'm sure he'll be selling them on Ebay when he's in college for some beer money or to buy gas for the Delorean.

Kirk

DMC5180
09-03-2011, 01:27 PM
This new version appears to be of the same type as the the LE comic con BTTF minus the BTTF ADD ons. It's the same platform. All metal with the same wheels and rubber tires. It almost has a slot car look too it with the tires. It will be interesting to what they do for packaging.

H2DMC
09-03-2011, 01:54 PM
nice and when can we expect to start seeing these on shelves?

Teirae
09-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Yay got me the FTE version today =) only had one but atleast now i have atleast one of every type.

TheDon
09-06-2011, 10:02 AM
I think I now have about 50 of each. Friends and family continue to pick them up for me.

Mark C
09-20-2011, 10:39 PM
586 so far, plus dozens already given away at shows. Last week, my son's kindergarten class had a child/parent show and tell. He took his toy DeLorean to show, and the next day I took the real thing to the school, and did a presentation in the parking lot. The kids loved the car, and each took home a Hot Wheels DeLorean.

Tin Man
09-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Found my first 2 BTTF cars a few days ago! Yes, Wisconsin is typically that far behind the rest of the country in a great many things, and the BTTF cars are apparently no exception.

dvonk
09-21-2011, 12:10 AM
i found two BTTF short cards in the checkout aisle at walmart today.

H2DMC
11-26-2011, 10:45 AM
I see hotwheels has 2012 models out but i havent seen any dmc ones yet

Dangermouse
12-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Lol

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7270&d=1323789157

pezzonovante88
12-13-2011, 08:48 PM

Same here. I don't really get it. I found a gold one last summer and was so pleased to see it, I bought it. But no desire for more. What's the deal guys, are you trying to buy them all up and then control the market? ;)

586 so far, plus dozens already given away at shows. Last week, my son's kindergarten class had a child/parent show and tell. He took his toy DeLorean to show, and the next day I took the real thing to the school, and did a presentation in the parking lot. The kids loved the car, and each took home a Hot Wheels DeLorean.

That is awesome! Good on ya!

SIMid
12-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Any news regarding the last and final incarnation for 2012?

Michael
12-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Same here. I don't really get it. I found a gold one last summer and was so pleased to see it, I bought it. But no desire for more. What's the deal guys, are you trying to buy them all up and then control the market? ;)

When's the last time you saw anything with the word Delorean stamped on it for a buck? I bought them for the same reason I bought my car, and if I have to explain that to ya, then......

pezzonovante88
12-13-2011, 10:07 PM
When's the last time you saw anything with the word Delorean stamped on it for a buck? I bought them for the same reason I bought my car, and if I have to explain that to ya, then......

I suppose anything with "DeLorean" on its label gets me going, too. Can't blame you, although I still think its crazy (not that there's anything wrong with that)!

Mark

Cory W
12-13-2011, 10:49 PM
It's the look on a kid's face when they see the car, doors open at a car show. Those are the kids who appreciate the car; not the little brat who'll almost yank the turn signal arm off the steering column and jump on the seats.

They're the ones who float 3" off the ground when you just offer to let them sit behind the wheel.

And to hand them a car, still in package, as they're on their way? Priceless. It just may be the spark that'll make them an owner somewhere down the line.

I'm somewhere over 400 cars in stock right now, mostly gathered up here. I've given out close to 300 since the beginning. I'm happy enough in my insanity.

Oh, I almost forgot the best part: Give a kid a HW car, and the parents seem to keep from asking any dumb questions ;)

Dangermouse
12-14-2011, 08:07 AM
I was in Brazil last week and I came across a couple of gold ones in a supermarket. They were short cards (in French, Spanish & English), that had been ripped off the hooks and then apparently kicked around the floor before being run over by a shopping cart (or so their condition would imply - I haven't seen ones in worse condition).

As they were selling for about $5, I passed, but I am now having slight regrets.

tjd
12-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Has anyone heard any new info about the 2012 Hotwheels DeLorean, I had heard about one being in a hotwheels garage assortment for a $3 or so price point.

propony
12-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Tim,
This is right up my alley! If you remember, I have thousands of HotWheels in my "playroom" along with a slotcar track, HO train track, and several misc. diecasts. Someday you must see it, It is great fun!
Ok, back on track. The car should be part of the Boulevard series, some of which are now showing at Wal-mart, although the Delorean is not listed in any of the anounced first sets. I am expecting at least a lot number to look for early spring???
Don't worry friend, I got your back! I will let you know when I know.
Curt

tjd
12-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Tim,
This is right up my alley! If you remember, I have thousands of HotWheels in my "playroom" along with a slotcar track, HO train track, and several misc. diecasts. Someday you must see it, It is great fun!
Ok, back on track. The car should be part of the Boulevard series, some of which are now showing at Wal-mart, although the Delorean is not listed in any of the anounced first sets. I am expecting at least a lot number to look for early spring???
Don't worry friend, I got your back! I will let you know when I know.
Curt

Thanks Curt!

SIMid
01-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Any news of the final incarnation for the 2012 HW Delorean?

awildermode
01-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Any news of the final incarnation for the 2012 HW Delorean?

It is supposed to be released in the "Spring", which usually means around March. This is basically the same at the 2010 New model, but with some 'upgrades':

The good

- Metal chassis. Same sculpt, just cast in metal like the body.
- Real Rider Wheels. Rubber wheels on a plastic wheel, like the ones used on the SDCC Time Machine
- Clear coat body. NO PAINT!
- Signal lights painted in (front fascia). Actually, 'printed'.
- Tail lights also printed, with black outlines. Really makes it pop.
- 'De Lorean' on bumper in silver

The not so good

- The side mirror triangles and quarter panel vents are not painted.
- Side markers front and back are not painted.

These will be about $3-5, depending on your market. The metal chassis, rubber wheels, and detailed paint process added to the cost, therefore retail price. This is also part of a 'Collector Line". Unfortunately, these costs did not allow some of the details (see above) to be painted and still meet cost.

I will have more details later. Thanks.

sean
01-16-2012, 03:18 PM
- Real Rider Wheels. Rubber wheels on a plastic wheel, like the ones used on the SDCC Time Machine.

Excellent! Best improvement hey could make. Those stock wheels they used were terrible.

DMCH James
01-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Got samples today! The clearcoated body is...different. Reminds me of how as a kid I would sand and clearcoat HW's I had.

James

Delorean Industries
01-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Looks interesting. Can't tell if you are a fan of it or not though!

sean
01-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Got samples today!

cool, thanks for the share. The wheels look a lot better.

Michael
01-16-2012, 05:42 PM
At 3.00 a pop, I definately will not be hoarding these, maybe 10, or 15...20 at the most....absolutely no more than 30. Like I said, I won't be hoarding, 35-40 will be my limit.

jawn101
01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
It really does look cool with those wheels/tires. Shame about the unpainted side louvers though. But I guess that's the difference between a $3 Hot Wheels and a really nice Sun Star :)

sean
01-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Got samples today! The clearcoated body is...different. Reminds me of how as a kid I would sand and clearcoat HW's I had.

James

Wll you guys be selling them by the case/individual like you did with previous runs?

Jimmyvonviggle
01-16-2012, 07:24 PM
I have 15 blacks, 1 gold, 10 time machines and 20 regular with the black stripe.

I am keeping a set for myself, the rest I will load into the secret compartment behind my seat and give them away to kids whenever I am on the road and stopped. I figure its a way of creating brand loyalty and planting the seed for future owners.

awildermode
01-16-2012, 08:18 PM

James

Hey, wait. I do not even have one (in package) yet.

Dangermouse
01-16-2012, 10:03 PM
At 3.00 a pop, I definately will not be hoarding these, maybe 10, or 15...20 at the most....absolutely no more than 30. Like I said, I won't be hoarding, 35-40 will be my limit.

:)

ILM1010
02-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Is DMC going sell this new car like with past cars?possibly pre-order it?

Thanks,
Pete

Owner of 726

thirdmanj
02-15-2012, 05:52 AM
Is DMC going sell this new car like with past cars?possibly pre-order it?

Thanks,
Pete

Owner of 726

....joke disclaimer....

No. First they're gonna disassemble all of them. Do a good check of all components, then reassemble it, repackage it and call it a "New Build". :devil:

Michael
03-08-2012, 02:23 PM
I have been seeing the Boulevard series on eBay now. Is this the one everyone is talking about? Actually I liked hitting the Walmart daily in search of these little things. Looks like I get to do it one more time. I took off early and I'm sitting in the dentist office right now, then off to go Delorean hunting.

jawn101
03-08-2012, 02:34 PM
I have been seeing the Boulevard series on eBay now. Is this the one everyone is talking about? Actually I liked hitting the Walmart daily in search of these little things. Looks like I get to do it one more time. I took off early and I'm sitting in the dentist office right now, then off to go Delorean hunting.

Sweet, I had been looking over the last few visits to Walmart but didn't see any. Now that I've seen one on ebay I know what to keep my eyes out for. Let the hunt begin :)

Dangermouse
03-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Have you seen the Boulevard series D?

I've seen a Boulevard Series 1 set of about 12 cars at wallyworld, but no D is listed on the back.

SIMid
03-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Will take at least 6 months before we get to see them here :(

Kenny_Z
03-08-2012, 05:56 PM
I have been looking once a week at Walmart but have yet to see the D.

Dangermouse
03-09-2012, 08:13 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-epLlYUYRY0c/TxYuHlkj_gI/AAAAAAAAdWM/DRHkBAmQDyY/s1600/Delorean+Boulevard.jpg

from a Brazilian blog of all places (originally on DMC FB wall). the only image I can find out there. No different from the one James showed a couple of months ago

EDIT - having just said what I said before, ebay listing for the car in question, quoting a presale car, for shipping on March 16:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/81-Delorean-DMC-12-Hot-Wheels-2012-Boulevard-D-Case-NEW-Release-/200723760201?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26o tn%3D5%26pmod%3D370593133868%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6 879813789404159636

Michael
03-09-2012, 01:38 PM
I stopped by Walmart, didn't see the Delorean, but did see some other "Boulevard" cars and I just don't see a $3.50 toy there. Sure I will get a few to complete the series, but forking over almost 4 bucks for a single Hot Wheels takes a lot of the fun out of buying one.

Gary Weaver II
03-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Found two from a fresh case today. I really like it. Looks like the interior is a metallic silver plastic. A little bummed to see the missing paint on the mirrors and side vents, but I'm cool with knowing why they didn't make the "cut".

Dangermouse
03-12-2012, 08:36 AM
From the UK, someone (kudos to malcy34) has been busy. Took me a minute to work out what he had done.

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/download/file.php?id=312

dvonk
03-12-2012, 08:39 AM
nice, thats some intricate work.

sean
03-12-2012, 09:09 AM
At first I thought he just painted a pacesetter and swapped the wheels but I think he may have actually spent some time on this. Im curious to what he used.

Dangermouse
03-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Says he used a dremel with a thin blade, and two cars, one for the doors and one for the door openings

DMCH James
03-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Because of the higher retail (and higher cost) we didn't do a pre-order on these - and in the end, it's good that we didn't as the order we *did* place got screwed up by Mattel and lost completely so they had to go back into production to make the ones we did want. And to top it off they still shorted us 144 pieces.

Each of the dealers (except California, who will get theirs in the next week or so) has some stock of these. Each dealer is setting their own price, so call your nearest location to see availability/pricing.

James

nimaside
03-13-2012, 01:08 PM
From the UK, someone (kudos to malcy34) has been busy. Took me a minute to work out what he had done.

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/download/file.php?id=312

I can't believe how long it took me to figure out what he did with this. 10 minutes later, duh, the freaking doors are open for one. I wonder why he used black instead of silver. Maybe he needed to cover up some things.

SIMid
03-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Not trying to be anal, but I would have sourced other wheels to match them closer to the original design (even from a different manufacturer).

Looks great though. :)

Dangermouse
03-13-2012, 07:02 PM
I would imagine one of the Boulevard cars might meet an untimely death soon and be a wheel donor.

malcy34
03-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi all....thanks for the comments on my modified hotwheels D...at least no ones slated it ..yet..!!!!..so why a black car...simply because it was the only colour i had 2 cars in...altho i was going to paint it red....!!!.....it was done with a steady hand and dremel type tool...and i didn't have any other wheels.....the only other set of wheels i had were used on hotwheels BTTF 3 mod....its by no means perfect and would like to try again but it now hard to get hold of the cars without paying silly money...so far i've done a BTTF 2 with flying/hover wheels.....BTTF 3 with the extra bits on the front and larger white wall tyres and BTTF 3 with train wheels....

qwerk
03-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Hi all....thanks for the comments on my modified hotwheels D...at least no ones slated it ..yet..!!!!..so why a black car...simply because it was the only colour i had 2 cars in...altho i was going to paint it red....!!!.....it was done with a steady hand and dremel type tool...and i didn't have any other wheels.....the only other set of wheels i had were used on hotwheels BTTF 3 mod....its by no means perfect and would like to try again but it now hard to get hold of the cars without paying silly money...so far i've done a BTTF 2 with flying/hover wheels.....BTTF 3 with the extra bits on the front and larger white wall tyres and BTTF 3 with train wheels....

If you have pictures of those, we'd love to see them!

malcy34
03-14-2012, 05:54 PM
so here are pics of my other modded hotwheels......they are far from perfect but had to give it ago so no laughing..!!!

Dangermouse
03-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Welcome to the forum Malc and great job on all of them!

(hope you didn't mind the repost but it was so good it deserved a wider audience)

sean
03-14-2012, 05:59 PM
so here are pics of my other modded hotwheels......they are far from perfect but had to give it ago so no laughing..!!!

Laughing?!?! That is awesome! Great job.

malcy34
03-14-2012, 06:01 PM
....i know they aren't perfect but at least you get the idea...thankyou for the kind comments..

SIMid
03-27-2012, 05:55 PM
https://www.bttf.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=X5493

Any info on these anyone? 1:43 from Hotwheels? Hope they are nicer or on par with Vitesse's version.

Dangermouse
03-27-2012, 05:58 PM
$66 for a HotWheels car !!!

SIMid
03-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Dont forget, they are bigger than the 1:64s. But smaller than the 1:24s.

malcy34
03-27-2012, 06:04 PM
another link here...but still no details although there are some pics of the a team van and ecto1 to show the btype of thing they are doing..!!

errr...the link....... http://www.hotwheels-elite.com/model-cars-miniature/cult-classics-collection-/749/back-to-the-future-time-machine-.php

awildermode
03-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Regarding the 1/43 Time Machine:

Been working on this one for a few months. There are no samples yet, just an unpainted prototype that should appear on the Hot Wheels site, soon.

This will be the 'original' Time Machine, with the nuclear reactor on the back, no rod. Like the 1/64, but about 2-2.5 times bigger. I do not have final measurements since they are working on the model overseas. But, I am making sure they get all the details of the Time Machine. I guess that is why there are no samples yet...I keep asking them make changes.

I have only seen pictures of the prototype, but so far it looks good. There are a few more things we are trying to work out. But, if you like the 1/43 A Team Van and Ghostbusters Ecto-1, then you should be happy with this one. Not sure when this will be released or final price.

Hope that helps.

sean
03-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Regarding the 1/43 Time Machine:....

Will it have correct wheels or the stock hotwheel wheels?

awildermode
03-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Will it have correct wheels or the stock hotwheel wheels?

This is part of the Elite line, everything is custom made...including the wheels. So, the wheels will be stock DeLorean wheels. Although, due to production issues, we are unable to get all 45 spokes in the wheel.

If we were to etch lines and do a paint wipe, then we can get the look of 45. But, it would look like a dish with shallow groves. In order to get deep groves, there are only 25. This has to do with material thickness of the part and the tool.

The tires will most likely have a generic tread.

jawn101
03-28-2012, 11:02 AM
This is part of the Elite line, everything is custom made...including the wheels. So, the wheels will be stock DeLorean wheels. Although, due to production issues, we are unable to get all 45 spokes in the wheel.

If we were to etch lines and do a paint wipe, then we can get the look of 45. But, it would look like a dish with shallow groves. In order to get deep groves, there are only 25. This has to do with material thickness of the part and the tool.

The tires will most likely have a generic tread.

That's some pretty excellent attention to detail regardless. :)

SIMid
03-28-2012, 06:50 PM
For comparison though, how would they look compared to Vitesse's (Sunstar) version?

http://www.toywonders.com/productcart/pc/catalog/24012SV-Back-to-The-Future-Delorean-143-Sunstar.jpg

I have 2 versions. The regular and LE versions. Both are really nice, but the LE is more refined with some of the parts. Like the headlights and the surface finish.

http://www.modelcarssite.com/files/images/4162.jpg

The wheels on these look really good as well.

awildermode
03-28-2012, 09:08 PM
For comparison though, how would they look compared to Vitesse's (Sunstar) version?

The wheels on these look really good as well.

Those wheels look great! Looks like they got all 45 spokes in there. I am surprised that they are able to get 45 in that small of a wheel. I was told that we could not get that many goves/spokes with the depth we currently have them at. See my previous post. Honestly, when I first saw the pictures, I did not notice that there were only 25 spokes.

Hot Wheels version will not have opening doors. Again, I have only seen pictures of the prototype. But, what I do notice is their reactor is a little too tall. On the Hot Wheels version, it will be lower. I cannot really see what is going on in the rear deck area. Since I am just comparing pictures, it will look very similar to Vitesse version.

I am so used to wroing on 1/64, I had to grab another 1/43 that was laying aroud here to get an idea of what size this is. Looks like it is smaller than I thought, I was thinking maybe 5 inches. I am guessing that the final model will be around 4 inches long, 1.5 inches wide. Also, the model I see in pictures is just a grey resin model and it looks way bigger in high-res pictures. I will have a better idea when I see the prototype or pre-production model in person. There is no paint or graphics on it, so I am unable to comment on colour at this time.

malcy34
04-05-2012, 12:21 PM
came across this today......with some interesting piccys...!!!!!! http://www.bttf.com/exclusive-early-look-at-mattels-upcoming-hot-wheels-elite-143-scale-delorean-time-machine.php

SIMid
04-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Saw those this morning. So far, so good! :) will have to see the final product though. Vitesse's closed door version is pretty good.

sean
04-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Finally! I found a pair of them at wallyworld today:

Dangermouse
04-19-2012, 03:37 PM
My local WW has a single lonely non-D Boulevard car on the racks for the past month.

Soon.

jawn101
04-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Excellent! There are precious few things that will make me venture into that hellhole, and this is one of them :)

Wonder if Target has them.

dvonk
04-20-2012, 12:04 AM
i have yet to see Boulevard HWs of any kind at my local Walmart...

Michael
04-26-2012, 10:28 PM
I finally got a Boulevard at a local hobby shop. I have to say I'm not impressed. The finish was bare, but not grained. It was shiny in places, dull in others and pitted terribly, the wheel detail was lacking, the tires were oversized, and the paint detail was not much better than the normal HW car. My modified hot wheels car that I stripped grained and painted looked much better.

I'm not going off on Hot Wheels, I just don't see 4 bucks in enhanced detail there, so I will never open it and only buy one or two more(and not the normal 12-18 ) just to have.

Dangermouse
04-26-2012, 10:53 PM
My local WW has a single lonely non-D Boulevard car on the racks for the past month.

Soon.

Lonely one is now gone. Replaced by:

jawn101
04-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Man, I still haven't seen one of these. Maybe I don't get out enough.

But I laughed at "not impressed, will only buy 2 or 3 more"

sphiend
04-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Man, I still haven't seen one of these. Maybe I don't get out enough.

But I laughed at "not impressed, will only buy 2 or 3 more"

I've been looking for a while. Checked 2 targets and at least 3 wal-marts. Seen a few boulevards but never a D.

DMCH James
05-29-2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/news/news.aspx?news_id=1364

James

Kenny_Z
05-29-2012, 03:31 PM
I haven't seen any D's on the shelves of any of the local stores. Though the Boulevards aren't moving at all by the looks of things. Four bucks is expensive for a toy and I think all the collectors got the models they wanted from the last runs.

dvonk
05-29-2012, 03:34 PM
i havent actually seen any Boulevards at all, much less a DeLorean Boulevard. ive been watching weekly at Walmart and checked at Target today, but still nothing. anyone else see the Boulevards on the shelf?

DMCH James
05-29-2012, 03:46 PM
i havent actually seen any Boulevards at all, much less a DeLorean Boulevard. ive been watching weekly at Walmart and checked at Target today, but still nothing. anyone else see the Boulevards on the shelf?

I saw them at local Wal-Mart here amonth or so ago. Picked up the Tucker. I'm told the volumes are significantly lower on these.

James

dvonk
05-29-2012, 04:50 PM
ooh, a Tucker, i might get one of those too. :biggrin:

ill have to keep my eye out for some/any Boulevards...

jawn101
05-29-2012, 04:58 PM

I've seen some lowrider Boulevard but that's it. And no one buys it, I can tell because the package is more and more beat up every time I go back looking for the DeLorean. Looking forward to finding one finally!

SIMid
05-29-2012, 07:02 PM
http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/news/news.aspx?news_id=1364

James

How will these be packaged James? Regular cards or special cards?

jawn101
05-29-2012, 10:53 PM
I've seen some lowrider Boulevard but that's it. And no one buys it, I can tell because the package is more and more beat up every time I go back looking for the DeLorean. Looking forward to finding one finally!

Checked back today when I was at the store and did see a few assorted Boulevard models, finally. But no DeLorean.

Kukem
05-30-2012, 09:02 AM
I've been seeing Boulevard cars here for a month or so, but sadly no DeLorean cars yet. It did take the regular HotWheels DeLoreans a long time to make it here anyways, but I always check whenever I can.

shadeone
06-23-2012, 08:15 PM
sorry if this has been discovered before but i found some better wheels that fit the hot wheels deloreans pretty good, are smaller than the oversize ones they come with and have more spokes for a more "turbine" look..... they come from the maisto mercedes gtr:
http://img1.mlstatic.com/s_MLV_v_O_f_35542169_4138.jpg

and this is how they look on the FTE edition:

would probably look better just slightly lowered but then the axle wouldnt sit in its original location and roll

Dangermouse
06-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Nice job! Though I guess it is no longer FTE :)

Btw, awildemode mentioned at DCS that Mattel cut short the Boulevard series, so if you want one you may be forced to get one on eBay.

shadeone
07-03-2012, 04:34 PM
redline club getting a special edition with opening doors:
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/577578_476242272393228_1698442782_n.jpg

DMCH James
07-03-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm told they will retail between $15-20 each to RLC members.

James

shadeone
07-03-2012, 05:08 PM
they really nede to use the molds and make those into regular carded models.... but without the cragar mag style wheels...

awildermode
07-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Update on the RLC DeLorean (Opening Doors):

- These are planned to go on sale in November-ish.
- It should be in the $20 (plus shipping) range.
- Will go on sale for RLC members on a Tuesday (usually). For a 24 hour period, only RLC members (paid membership) will be able to purchase.
- Any units not sold will be available to sale to all HWC members (free membership).

For example, say there are 1000 produced (actual numbers are for internal use only).

1) Day 1, RLC members order all 1000 within 24 hour period. It is sold out, no more available.
2) Day 1, RLC members order 600 in the first 24 hours. The other 400 will be available to all HWC members on Day 2, until they are all gone.

I know I said that it was RLC Exclusive, but I just got confirmation from marketing that the above will take place.

I am still working out some minor issues with engineering and mass production problems. There are strength issues with the body that need to be worked out. Aesthetically, it will not effect the look of the car, nor will it effect the function of the doors.

-----

Update on 1/43 Back to the Future Time Machine:

Model should be coming in within the next few weeks. In the meantime, I just got images of the latest version with full deco. Hopefully, it is within cost and none of the deco gets eliminated due to cost. I think it looks great, most will be happy with it (cannot please everyone). Some elements are different from 'screen used' due to production issues (things like wires/cables are thicker to add strength). Also, need licensor approval on final deco.

Hope that helps, thanks.

SIMid
07-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Update on the RLC DeLorean (Opening Doors):

- These are planned to go on sale in November-ish.
- It should be in the $20 (plus shipping) range.
- Will go on sale for RLC members on a Tuesday (usually). For a 24 hour period, only RLC members (paid membership) will be able to purchase.
- Any units not sold will be available to sale to all HWC members (free membership).

For example, say there are 1000 produced (actual numbers are for internal use only).

1) Day 1, RLC members order all 1000 within 24 hour period. It is sold out, no more available.
2) Day 1, RLC members order 600 in the first 24 hours. The other 400 will be available to all HWC members on Day 2, until they are all gone.

I know I said that it was RLC Exclusive, but I just got confirmation from marketing that the above will take place.

I am still working out some minor issues with engineering and mass production problems. There are strength issues with the body that need to be worked out. Aesthetically, it will not effect the look of the car, nor will it effect the function of the doors.

-----

Update on 1/43 Back to the Future Time Machine:

Model should be coming in within the next few weeks. In the meantime, I just got images of the latest version with full deco. Hopefully, it is within cost and none of the deco gets eliminated due to cost. I think it looks great, most will be happy with it (cannot please everyone). Some elements are different from 'screen used' due to production issues (things like wires/cables are thicker to add strength). Also, need licensor approval on final deco.

Hope that helps, thanks.

No DMCTALK allocation?

Michael
07-27-2012, 12:49 AM
I think George Lucas is heading up the Hot Wheels Delorean run. Is this ever going to end? I was only able to get one Boulevard car, but it looks like I will not get this one...maybe Nike is heading this one up after all. Only 1000 :confused0:

SIMid
07-27-2012, 01:42 AM
Only 1000 :confused0:

Just doing the sums. $20,000 to create the tooling, market and packaging. Seems very cheap!! And to make a profit too. I would think more than 15,000 units would be more financially viable.

Kukem
07-27-2012, 09:26 AM
I still haven't seen Boulevard DeLoreans here yet. I am starting to think I won't. I may need to resort to ebay to get at least one for my collection.

jawn101
07-27-2012, 10:54 AM
I still haven't seen Boulevard DeLoreans here yet. I am starting to think I won't. I may need to resort to ebay to get at least one for my collection.

Agreed, I've made multiple trips to the Walmarts and Targets in the area (which says something as there are few places on earth I hate more than those stores) and have found plenty of other Boulevard cars, but never a DeLorean. They're going for like $15 already!

ccurzio
07-27-2012, 11:03 AM
I dropped nine dollars for three Boulevard DeLoreans on eBay a few months ago and called it a day.

awildermode
07-27-2012, 02:21 PM
No DMCTALK allocation?

Unfortunately, no. This was slotted as a Hot Wheels Collector Exclusive since the beginning. The DeLorean community was the first to know about this when I showed it at DCS a month ago. The Hot Wheels community just got the sneaks last week.

One correction. These will come with the Neo-Classic wheels, not Real Riders.

I think George Lucas is heading up the Hot Wheels Delorean run. Is this ever going to end? I was only able to get one Boulevard car, but it looks like I will not get this one...maybe Nike is heading this one up after all. Only 1000 :confused0:

There are no plans for DeLoreans or Time Machines (at this time) for 2013. Not sure about 1/43 Elite or other scales (like 1/18). For sure 1/64 is done for now, it may pop up in/after 2014.

It took me over seven years to get the DeLorean into the line. You all know the story. Once we got the Back to the Future license, things just piled on. So, for the last three years, it seems like there were a lot of DeLoreans and Time Machines to hit the market. It all started with the original DMC-12 in 2010.

The Boulevard line was dropped half way into the run. The DMC was mid way into the line. Therefore, not all the ones planned to me made were made. There were other cars planned that did not make it the stores.

I used "1000" as an example. Please re-read my post. Actual numbers are for internal use. Runs like these are usually under 10,000, more than 1000. "1000" is just an easier number to explain the situation.

eBay is probably your best place to get it right now. Retail is about $3-5, if you can find one for about $7-10, I would get it and save yourself the headache of trying to find one.

Put it this was, I did not even get a sample...and I worked on it. I would not have one, if Julee (DMC -Midwest) did not send me one as a gift. That is the only one I have. Thanks, Julee!

1Mcfly4u
07-30-2012, 11:25 PM
I saw them at local Wal-Mart here amonth or so ago. Picked up the Tucker. I'm told the volumes are significantly lower on these.

James
Never saw the Delo but I did snag a few of the Tuckers, Ive always loved that car since I saw the movie, but I digest....back to Delo talk!

axh174
07-31-2012, 12:06 PM
The only one I have of these came from my brother-in-law, who frequents the Hot Wheels shows/conventions; he gave it to me as a gift. Outside of that, I haven't seen any, and I frequent Walmart/Target/Toys R Us pretty frequently.

DavidProehl
07-31-2012, 08:58 PM
I've also been watching in my area for the Blvd DMCs...no luck at Target or Walmart. When they first came out I picked up two at $3 a piece from an online store. They are nicer than the original versions, but a non-collector would probably never notice aside from the rubber tires.

awildermode
09-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Just to let everyone here know a few days in advance.

The Red Line Club DeLorean (with opening doors) will go on sale next week, 2 October 2012, at HotWheeelsCollectors.com

Item will go on sale Tuesday, 2 October at 9AM (Pacific Time) first to RLC members for 24 hour 'priority window'. If you want first crack at it, you need to be a Red Line Club member.

Any remaining units will be sold to all HWC members on 3 October. HWC membership is free, just set up an account at HotWheeelsCollectors.com

Price will be $19.99 plus shipping and handling. Item limited to 4000 units.

Features: Opening gull-wing doors
Body Color: Hand-polished chrome-plated
Body Type: Chrome over ZAMAC
Wheels: Neo-Classics wheels w/bent axle suspension
Base: Full-metal, matte black chassis
Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
Interior Color: Black

Official release of this information should be listed on the site on Friday and will have additional information about the sale.

Michael
09-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Wow, 20 bucks is a lot to pay for gull wing doors. Then again I read that a substantial portion of R+D money went into the full size car's doors, so I guess in 1/64 scale it works out correct. :tongue:

CEOofawesome
09-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Here in Colorado the Deloreans have been gone for about a yearish now. I have one gold Delorean 2 Back to the Future Deloreans and I have seen both the black and the silver Deloreans but don't have one. For other movie hot wheels I haven't seen any besides some batmobiles and a K.I.T.T Trans am. Never seen ecto-1 but I want to.

awildermode
09-28-2012, 10:44 AM
More information, HERE (http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/showroom/next_exclusive/news.aspx?type=salehttp://)

Pictures, HERE (http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/Library/ImageViewer/?source=news&nid=1447&cid=4111&smid=76464&ContentType=null)

dmc6960
09-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Pictures, HERE (http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/Library/ImageViewer/?source=news&nid=1447&cid=4111&smid=76464&ContentType=null)

Nice license plate! Gotta love having artistic license.

DMCH James
09-28-2012, 11:25 AM
More information, HERE (http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/showroom/next_exclusive/news.aspx?type=salehttp://)

Very cool - can't wait to get this one...

James

Kenny_Z
09-28-2012, 11:50 AM
And still no red one. :(

Lenny
10-02-2012, 12:40 PM
I tried to buy one at 12:00 exactly and got the message that they are backordered.

are you telling me that 4000 were sold in the 10 seconds it took me to sign in?

DMCH James
10-02-2012, 12:42 PM
They didn't go on sale until 9am Pacific time, IIRC. I just bought the last two - numbers 3999 and 4000. ;-)

James

Lenny
10-02-2012, 01:03 PM
They didn't go on sale until 9am Pacific time, IIRC. I just bought the last two - numbers 3999 and 4000. ;-)

James

I know I signed in at 12:00 EDT which is 9:00 AM PDT but couldn't buy it.

DMCH James
10-02-2012, 01:06 PM
I know I signed in at 12:00 EDT which is 9:00 AM PDT but couldn't buy it.

Ah, I saw 12:00 and presumed you meant midnight.

Try again and see what happens...

James

Lenny
10-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Here's what I get when I sign in.

DMCH James
10-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Okay, I see. You are a member of HWC, but not RLC. Today's sales are only open to RLC members. Starting tomorrow, it opens to HWC members *if* any are left of the 4,000 being offered.

James

SIMid
10-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Bloody hell!! That was quick!! :( Will have to wait for the regular release ........ if there will be.

propony
10-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Got mine coming! It won't ship 'till January, but I got mine ordered at about 4pm...Michigan time! No drama at all.
Curt

Michael
10-03-2012, 04:55 PM
I guess the eBay madness begins in 2013

Dangermouse
10-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Oh, I am confident that people will be pre-selling them before then. Why miss out on that classic Christmas market?

jawn101
10-14-2012, 11:34 PM
And as if my great luck with the ornaments wasn't enough, yesterday I found a Boulevard Hot Wheels purely by accident at the grocery store. It looks really good! Wish I had two so I could open one and play with it. I'll keep looking....

SIMid
10-15-2012, 02:06 AM
Wish I had two so I could open one and play with it. I'll keep looking....

:lol: Sounds like me!

Jim D
10-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Any value to the plastic McDonald's BTTF DeLorean "give away" toy? I believe it came with the "happy meal" in the early 90's and when you push it, sparks fly. I just bought around 450 of them at a good price.

Kenny_Z
11-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Has anyone run across one of these Light Speeders BTTF Deloreans?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-WHEELS-LIGHT-SPEEDERS-BACK-FUTURE-TIME-MACHINE-DELOREAN-VERY-RARE-/110950540189

I was fascinated by the product so I have a Charger. I'll be on the lookout for a Delorean. They aren't cheap but they're interesting.

Jimmyvonviggle
11-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Pretty bummed, haven't found a D in a long time. Although I have trained my family that whenever they are out without me they search for them if they come across a hot wheels rack.

Finding a hot wheels is like spotting a real D in the wild.

SIMid
11-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Has anyone run across one of these Light Speeders BTTF Deloreans?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-WHEELS-LIGHT-SPEEDERS-BACK-FUTURE-TIME-MACHINE-DELOREAN-VERY-RARE-/110950540189

I was fascinated by the product so I have a Charger. I'll be on the lookout for a Delorean. They aren't cheap but they're interesting.

I saw these on Amazon last week and ordered one, but they wont post to Australia. Have a look there Kenny.

Kenny_Z
11-06-2012, 09:48 PM
I saw these on Amazon last week and ordered one, but they wont post to Australia. Have a look there Kenny.

Yeah, the prices aren't bad on Amazon. I'm looking around for other stuff so shipping isn't so bad. Do you want me to send you one?

SIMid
11-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Yeah, the prices aren't bad on Amazon. I'm looking around for other stuff so shipping isn't so bad. Do you want me to send you one?

Thanks for the offer Kenny.

There was a few things on Amazon that I had added to my basket, only for all of it to bounce back as "We don't ship to your country." Having read the reviews for the 3.5" Infinity Speakers, that was the main purpose for my purchase. Everything else was to save on postage. :p ..... including the Boulavard Hotwheels as well.

yellowmxwheels23
11-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I picked up a couple of the light speeder Delos at a Walmart a couple of weeks ago. They had 2 full racks of them. Only picked up 2 though. I think they were around 9 bucks each if I remember right.

DMCH James
12-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Hot Wheels RLC "opening doors" version hitting mailboxes and eBay now. DMC got our samples today, and are expecting a quantity of them probably after Christmas. We'll announce if they do, indeed, come in as planned.

James

Jimmyvonviggle
12-18-2012, 07:14 PM
I guess the mad rush to Walmart starts soon.

DMCH James
12-18-2012, 07:17 PM
I guess the mad rush to Walmart starts soon.

These won't be in Wal-Mart - they are a numbered, limited edition of 4,000 pieces sold only through the Hot Wheels Collector and Red Line Club - $20 each then...street prices will be more, I'm sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Wheels-RLC-Delorean-DMC-12-Opening-Gullwing-Doors-2012-Redline-Club-/170960424909

James

Lenny
12-19-2012, 04:14 PM
I got both of mine today, I almost wish I bought 3 I would open 1 and leave the other 2 sealed.

DMCH James
12-19-2012, 04:32 PM
I seem to recall it was a limit of two per customer - of course there is always eBay, and I just learned that Mattel decided to fulfill our order and it should arrive this week. Once we get past the holidays, we'll see about getting them up for sale.

James

I got both of mine today, I almost wish I bought 3 I would open 1 and leave the other 2 sealed.

Dangermouse
12-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Would love to see some comparison pics of a standard HW car, Boulevard car, and RLC car all together 8)

DMCH James
12-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Would love to see some comparison pics of a standard HW car, Boulevard car, and RLC car all together 8)

Paging Manson, paging Manson - he's probably the only one with all three (or six if you want to count the black, gold and faster than ever (FTE) models) PLUS another two or three for BTTF versions, too.

Manson, is there any kind of "status" that get as a designer when you have so many variants of a design made?

James

awildermode
12-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Paging Manson, paging Manson - he's probably the only one with all three (or six if you want to count the black, gold and faster than ever (FTE) models) PLUS another two or three for BTTF versions, too.

Manson, is there any kind of "status" that get as a designer when you have so many variants of a design made?

James

Sorry, I have been on vacation and did not realise that the RLC DeLoreans were shipping.

Here are the releases, so far. For ease of reference I will list as Body, Chassis, Interior, Window, Extra Piece, Wheels, with colour (painted or molded) and material:

2010 New Model - 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 Retail $1

- Silver painted Zamac (metal) body, Black ABS Chassis, Grey ABS Interior, Blue tint K-Resin Window, Black ABS Louver, Multi-spoke Mediums with chrome hot stamp. This is the first release, and all DeLoreans hereafter (unless noted) are the same sculpt, only difference is in paint and molded colour.

- Gold painted Zamac, Black ABS, Tan ABS, Clear K-resin, Black ABS, Multi-spoke Med with Gold There are some mis-coloured interiors due to the mix of plastic. It is not suppose to be 'pink' or 'flesh...just tan.

- Black painted Zamac, Black ABS, Charcoal ABS, Clear K-Resin, Black ABS, Multi-spoke Med with chrome

2011 New Model - Back to the Future Time Machine $1

- Silver painted Zamac Body, Black ABS Chassis, Grey ABS Interior, Blue tint K-Resin Window, Metallic Charcoal painted Zamac Fusion reactor, Multi-spoke Mediums with chrome hot stamp Time Machine built off existing DeLorean car, although no parts are interchangeable.

2011 Faster Than Ever - 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 $1

- Same sculpt as Silver New Model. Difference is the Clear window, Black Interior, Faster Than Ever Wheels with bronze hot stamp, and wide black side stripes.

2011 San Diego Comic Con Exclusive - Back to the Future Time Machine $35

- Same sculpt as 2011 New Model. This one has way more paint ops, making it look 'better' than the $1 version. Differences from the Basic model (other than paint) are Clear coated Zamac body, Black painted Zamac Chassis, Clear K-Resin Window, Medium Real Riders Turbine wheels with rubber tires. All packed in a pretty display case and beautiful box. Limited to 3000 (I think, maybe 3500) Available only at San Diego Comic Con (now on second market), sold out.

2012 Light Speeders - Back to the Future Time Machine $5

- Same sculpt as 2011 New Model. Differences: Grey ABS body, Black painted Zamac Chassis, Dark Gray ABS Interior, Clear K-Resin Window, Plated Zamac Fusion Reactor, Same wheels. This has a special plastic body that turn colour with UV light. Comes with UV 'flashlight' and BTTF themed stencils for decorating.

2012 Red Line Club/Hot Wheels Collector Exclusive - Back to the Future Time Machine 2 $20

- Mostly the same as the SDCC Exclusive with the only real difference being the Fusion Reactor piece is replaced by Mr. Fusion, as seen at the end of Part I and all of Part II. Packed in standard RLC packaging with window on card so you can see both sides of car while in package. Limited to 3300. Available only through HotWheelsCollectors.com, made to order.

2012 RLC/HWC Exclusive - DeLorean DMC-12 (with opening doors) $20

- Polished and plated Zamac Body, Painted Zamac Chassis, Black PP Interior, Clear K-Resin Window, Polished and plated doors, Medium Neo-Classic Wheels with bent axel design. Totally new sculpt. I reworked the car to better match the real car. I did not have my car when I made the first one for 2010 line. I took measurements off my car to make this one the best (as it may be the last) DeLorean that Hot Wheels can make. Although, some sacrifices were made (wheel size, graphic application, opening feature) because of production limitations. Also, this one is an Automatic, all others were Manual. Packed with doors open in same blister as RLC BTTF2. Limited to 4000. Available only through HotWheelsCollectors.com, and soon at delorean.com.

Soon to be released

Hot Wheels Elite - Cult Classics - 1/43 Back to the Future Time Machine $60 +/-

- You can still pre-order these from BTTF.com I just got the FEP's about two weeks ago, so it should be ready to ship about in about a month...hopefully. I talked about it briefly at DCS and in a few posts in this thread. This is all new, comes in a standard case. There are some minor 'production issues' and 'communication problems with our vendors', but overall, I think you guys will like it...at least I hope you like it.

ILM1010
12-20-2012, 07:23 PM
dont forget the Hot Wheels Boulevard Ahead of It's Time DELOREAN, maybe i missed it in your thread

awildermode
12-20-2012, 08:39 PM
dont forget the Hot Wheels Boulevard Ahead of It's Time DELOREAN, maybe i missed it in your thread

:banghead::banghead::banghead: Damn it! I did forget it. Good catch. :thumbup:

Sorry, tired from long travel day and going off the info from memory. This should go between 2011 SDCC and 2012 Light Speeders. I am unable to edit my previous post, so here is the info

2012 Hot Wheels Boulevard - Ahead of Its Time - 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 $3

- Same sculpt as 2010 New Model. Differences: Clear coat Zamac Body, Black painted Zamac Chassis, Dark Grey ABS Int, Clear K-Resin Window, Black ABS Lourve (same as rest), Real Rider Turbine Wheels with rubber tires (same as SDCC and RLC BTTF2 cars). This was a limited run due to the Boulevard line being cut short by retailers, so only a percentage of the proposed amount were produced. The Boulevard line being considered a 'Premium' line for adult collectors, it features Direct Ink Jet (DIJ) graphics instead of tampo printing found in the Basic ($1) lines. Most of the higher end lines have DIJ.

I hope I got everything. Some one let me know if I forgot something. Thanks

DMC5180
12-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Santa arrived early today with my RLC/DMC-12 VIN 2002 :yesss: love the doors up packaging. Great job Manson!

DMCH James
12-28-2012, 04:59 PM
The Red Line Club, opening doors version is now available from DMC Texas (online) and DMC Midwest (phone Julee!).

http://store.delorean.com/p-10435-hot-wheels-delorean-red-line-club-edition.aspx

Supplies are limited!

Domi
12-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the information James!

pezzonovante88
01-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Look what the maintenance guy at work just got for me!

ccurzio
01-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Throw it at him and yell at him for getting a black one.

DMCH James
01-08-2013, 07:47 PM
In going through the RLC cars that we have here, I recognized a few that match VINs I recalled off the top of my head, and thought I'd put a list together of the serial numbers we have in case someone wants to request a number that matches their VIN or has some other significance to them.

I know that Julee has ~48 or so that are NOT shown here, but I've suggested that she may want to create a similar list for her stock, as well. As yet, no other dealer has these, thought some will go to California in the next few days or so.

If you want to order any off the list below, call us or order online (http://store.delorean.com/p-10435-hot-wheels-delorean-red-line-club-edition.aspx) and specify the number you want. I'll update the list periodically, but they're all subject to prior to sale.

http://store.delorean.com/images/rlc_cars2.jpg

DMCMW Julee
01-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Here is what we have at the moment at Midwest. Sorry, couldn't figure out the JPEG chart thing. Call or PM the Midwest shop to order. This can't be done online.

1867 1950 1962 1973
1873 1951 1963 1974
1876 1952 1964 1975
1884 1953 1965 1976
1937 1955 1967 1977
1943 1956 1968 1978
1946 1957 1969 1979
1947 1958 1970 1980
1948 1960 1971
1949 1961 1972

ccurzio
01-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Boo. The numbers don't go high enough to get to the GOOD VINs. :)

Dangermouse
01-09-2013, 02:00 PM
In going through the RLC cars that we have here, I recognized a few that match VINs I recalled off the top of my head, and thought I'd put a list together of the serial numbers we have in case someone wants to request a number that matches their VIN or has some other significance to them.

I know that Julee has ~48 or so that are NOT shown here, but I've suggested that she may want to create a similar list for her stock, as well. As yet, no other dealer has these, thought some will go to California in the next few days or so.

If you want to order any off the list below, call us or order online (http://store.delorean.com/p-10435-hot-wheels-delorean-red-line-club-edition.aspx) and specify the number you want. I'll update the list periodically, but they're all subject to prior to sale.

Thanks James for that idea.

I am now tempted to get one (i.e. 'mine'). Where is the serial number located; on the base or on the cardboard hanger?

Has anyone opened one yet? Any comments? I am still choking on paying $30 for a hotwheels car, so I'd appreciate some feedback on whether they are actually worth it. Are they that good?

DMCMW Julee
01-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Boo. The numbers don't go high enough to get to the GOOD VINs. :)

We couldn't get our Vin either but picked birth year instead. :)

DMCMW Dave
01-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Here are some photos of the packaging. It's ridiculously hard to photograph shiny things.

Back of the card with the serial number at the top

Front of the card

In the protective store packing (which can be non-distructively opened)

Jeremy Popp
01-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Damn, Houston has my VIN! Only problem is I just bought 2 elsewhere #931 and #1829, and I don't want to shell out $30+ for yet another one. If anyone wants either of what I have, let me know. Then I can put that money towards getting my vin... ugh, i'll probably just buy it either way :banghead:

BTW, these look really nice and detailed, I'm glad I bought them. #1829 is opened and looking pretty awesome with a legible DMC on the front and Delorean on the back.

Jeremy

Rich06
01-09-2013, 06:10 PM
These are nicer than I was expecting. I wasn't sure I would buy any but am glad I did.
Here are a few photos of one I opened. I can take better ones later if needed.
Rich

Jonathan
01-10-2013, 10:51 AM

Did 3937 exist at some point, or does it still somewhere out there? I don't see it on your list nor Julee's list. I would take that one if someone had it.

1Mcfly4u
01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Darn, no 2808 on the list 8(

DavidProehl
01-10-2013, 03:35 PM
I have 2600 and 2792. Some Googling indicates that 2792 is in Australia and 2600 is a member here on DMCTalk (already PMed). I'm willing to sell to those owners if they are interested.

Patrick C
01-15-2013, 06:06 PM
I have HotWheels#3423. If anyone knows who owns that VIN number, I would gladly offer to sell it to the owner.

DMCH James
01-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Did 3937 exist at some point, or does it still somewhere out there? I don't see it on your list nor Julee's list. I would take that one if someone had it.

It's out there somewhere...we just got the last shipment of 24 pieces from Mattel, I'll update the list tonight.

James

DMCH James
01-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Updated table for cars from DMCH only:

http://store.delorean.com/images/rlc_cars2.jpg

Lenny
01-16-2013, 07:29 PM
How many did they make?

Look to the left and you will see why:hihi2:

DMCH James
01-16-2013, 07:33 PM
How many did they make?

They are numbered on the backs on the packaging XXXX/4000

So, 4000 total, plus an unknown number of samples...

SS Spoiler
01-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Should have made the same number as real Deloreans!

Mike F
01-16-2013, 07:40 PM
If anyone has 2861 and would be willing to sell it, please let me know!

ILM1010
01-16-2013, 09:00 PM
anyone have 0726? anyone...anyone

-Pete

Jonathan
01-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Should have made the same number as real Deloreans!

How many would that be?

Michael
01-16-2013, 10:45 PM
How many would that be?

9,145 .....That's the official number to never be questioned, argued with or debated.

Dangermouse
01-16-2013, 11:10 PM
9,145 .....That's the official number to never be questioned, argued with or debated.

You're just making that up as you go along.

Jonathan
01-17-2013, 10:28 AM

Surely it would have to have been 9,142 and not 9,145? I mean, it's universally agreed to have ended in 42, right?

Patrick C
01-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Surely it would have to have been 9,142 and not 9,145? I mean, it's universally agreed to have ended in 42, right?

According to Marvin Katz (Vice President of KAPAC which owned the parts, blueprints, paperwork, etc before DMCH) "There were 8,654 cars produced according to the factory logs."

Read his comments in the comment section:
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/05/17/when-delorean-moved-to-columbus/#.UPah2c8ueCE.facebook

Michael
01-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Well even though I had planned not to get one I was placing an order with DMCMW and had Julee tack one on since it wouldn't change shipping. Got it today and I wish I could open it up and inspect it closer (that's code for play with it). I thought you could open it up without comprimising the package but I don't see how that's possible. Oh well, it looks nice next to the other 100 or so HW DeLoreans on my office shelf...kinda like the king of the HW cars.

refugeefromcalif
01-17-2013, 05:27 PM
They are numbered on the backs on the packaging XXXX/4000

So, 4000 total, plus an unknown number of samples...

Too bad they didn't produce 6,600. I'd be able to get one with my VIN. :mecry:

George

Tillsy
01-18-2013, 02:32 AM
Too bad they didn't produce 6,600. I'd be able to get one with my VIN. :mecry:

Ditto - except just a smidgen higher ;)

AdmiralSenn
01-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Anyone have 3416? Please?

weedm
03-25-2013, 01:37 AM
To whom it may concern,

I came across this forum upon a Google search. Long story short... my 8 year old nephew is a huge fan of DeLoreans... found Hot Wheels DeLorean while grocery shopping... brought it home and noticed something peculiar: the wheels on the car do not match. Is this a common occurrence? I figured that someone here might have a few to look at for comparison sake.

Thank You,
Michael

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Tillsy
03-25-2013, 07:07 AM
found Hot Wheels DeLorean while grocery shopping... brought it home and noticed something peculiar: the wheels on the car do not match.

I'm more worried about the row of black squares missing either side of the number plate, the DeLorean imprint on bumper too small, missing window/defrost/etc switches on centre console, etc - but seriously though, the detail is friggen fantastic! No idea about the wheels though, they are always wrong so I presume there is an intentional reason for that...

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=17681&d=1364209352

Dangermouse
03-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Chris,

weedn means that the front wheels don't match the rears. The front ones are not the right ones for that model.

jawn101
03-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Chris,

weedn means that the front wheels don't match the rears. The front ones are not the right ones for that model.

Yep, that's a factory error. That car might be worth something, I see "factory error" ones on ebay all the time for exorbitant prices. Not sure if anyone has ever sold one, but they list for lots :)

DMC5180
03-25-2013, 12:48 PM
To whom it may concern,

I came across this forum upon a Google search. Long story short... my 8 year old nephew is a huge fan of DeLoreans... found Hot Wheels DeLorean while grocery shopping... brought it home and noticed something peculiar: the wheels on the car do not match. Is this a common occurrence? I figured that someone here might have a few to look at for comparison sake.

Thank You,
Michael

That is the Boulevard series DMC-12. You are extremely lucky to have found one of those to begin with. The front wheel is incorrect. On the Half dozen I have the Front wheel appears to be the same as the rear including tire size.

weedm
03-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Thank you all

DMCH James
04-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Two new DeLorean Hot Wheels to come this spring/summer - checking to see if I can post the images of the cars here. The first is part of the Hot Wheels "Juke Box" series and is a Wal-Mart exclusive. I don't expect the styling to appeal to many DeLorean owners. The entire Juke Box line is also about double the price of the standard HW cars, so that will further limit appeal, IMO.

The second one is more "normal" looking and should be part of their Basic Cars Mainline at the regular price point.

James

Dangermouse
04-18-2013, 11:00 AM
I see from googling, that the JukeBox line has models associated with various musical genres (soul, grunge, swing), with car graphics to match. I await with trepidation to see what genre the D will represent; will it be a Rock'n'Roll link to MJF in BTTF or New Romantic or Punk from the early 80s???

Kenny_Z
04-18-2013, 11:11 AM
There's also a line of Decade cars. I keep expecting to see the D for the 80's.

DMCH James
04-18-2013, 11:35 AM
I see from googling, that the JukeBox line has models associated with various musical genres (soul, grunge, swing), with car graphics to match. I await with trepidation to see what genre the D will represent; will it be a Rock'n'Roll link to MJF in BTTF or New Romantic or Punk from the early 80s???

New Wave.

James

Cory W
04-18-2013, 11:40 AM
New Wave.

A perfect fit, imo.

Back to checking store shelves...

Dangermouse
04-18-2013, 01:49 PM
New Wave.

James

Does it come with a tiny figure of John Taylor, Duran Duran bassist and former DeLorean owner :giggle:

Domi
04-18-2013, 03:06 PM
What will be the scale?
The small one or 1/43 scale?

DMCH James
04-24-2013, 06:09 PM
1/64 scale.

Jukebox DeLorean pushed back to November I was told today.

HW City version of the DeLorean still scheduled for late summer.

As I'm allowed to post images, I will do so...

Domi
04-25-2013, 03:57 PM

matt clark
04-26-2013, 05:43 AM
Any news on the 1:18th scale elite BTTF version? I've seen the prototype, just wondering when it's out.

Similarly, what happened with the Autoart 1:18th scale D? Was due for release a few months ago but no word since.

Domi
04-26-2013, 07:36 AM
Similarly, what happened with the Autoart 1:18th scale D? Was due for release a few months ago but no word since.

I've tried to ask them some news on their facebook page, but never received any answer :umm:

martydmc12
05-21-2013, 08:49 PM
I follow AutoArt on Facebook, and just today they posted pictures from one of their latest exhibits/shows. In there product line-up, the DeLorean was there.

I've emailed them several times as well, asking about a potential release date. No response.

Domi
05-22-2013, 06:04 AM
I've emailed them several times as well, asking about a potential release date. No response.

Same thing for me :meditation:

DMCH James
05-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Same thing for me :meditation:

AutoArt thread is here:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?3082-AutoArt-Delorean

Farrar
05-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Grey interior?!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24742973.jpg

Dangermouse
06-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Two new DeLorean Hot Wheels to come this spring/summer - checking to see if I can post the images of the cars here. The first is part of the Hot Wheels "Juke Box" series and is a Wal-Mart exclusive. I don't expect the styling to appeal to many DeLorean owners. The entire Juke Box line is also about double the price of the standard HW cars, so that will further limit appeal, IMO.

The second one is more "normal" looking and should be part of their Basic Cars Mainline at the regular price point.

James

Is this one, either of the above two? says it's a 2013 car

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Hotwheels-Delorean-Back-Future-Time-Machine-Car-/310693312694?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item4856c3b8b6&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:US:101#ht_0wt_0

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2013-Hotwheels-Delorean-Back-to-the-Future-Time-Machine-Car-/00/s/ODQ4WDY5NQ==/z/mygAAOxymHRRxHBf/$(KGrHqJ,!ogFC9-YtQUFBR)HBfcod!~~60_57.JPG

jawn101
06-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Is this one, either of the above two? says it's a 2013 car

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Hotwheels-Delorean-Back-Future-Time-Machine-Car-/310693312694?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item4856c3b8b6&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:US:101#ht_0wt_0

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2013-Hotwheels-Delorean-Back-to-the-Future-Time-Machine-Car-/00/s/ODQ4WDY5NQ==/z/mygAAOxymHRRxHBf/$(KGrHqJ,!ogFC9-YtQUFBR)HBfcod!~~60_57.JPG

I was just wondering the same thing :)

I still never bought a Red Line car either... really should.

Jonathan
06-21-2013, 12:46 PM
I was curious what these were all about too. The styling is different from other versions, but it's not so bad. Just shy of $5 each, so more expensive as already mentioned.

They had a few others in the theme... like the Ferris Bueller Fiero and Axel Foley's car from Beverly Hills Cop. I found them at a Target store recently opened here in Canada. Box said 2012 though.