PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 81 DMC 12 - 33k miles - Recent Restoration $34k by DMC Houston - $27.5k OBO

355Dreamer
11-02-2013, 12:14 PM
As the title states, I am selling a very nice example of a 1981 DeLorean DMC 12. This original car, features grey interior and a 5 speed transmission. Originally ordered new from Sun West Motors in Kansas City, the car moved early in it's life to Arizona, and is a completely rust free car. I purchased the car from the second owner who moved it to Virginia after a separation, and it now resides in the DC Metro area.

After having traveled just over 30k miles, the previous owner sent the car to DMC Houston with an open check book. They completely sorted the car, and after almost $34,000 later, the car was returned to the owner in near perfect condition. I have all receipts from this service available to serious parties.

DMC added a keyless entry, LED lights, and lowered the suspension to Euro ride height. I have purchased a set of silverstar lights, both low and high beams which have not yet been installed

#6761 has now covered only 33,698 miles, and needs very little. The car starts, tracks, and drives perfectly with a smooth idle. The only needs at the moment are a new window regulator for the passenger side window, and a new windshield due to 2 small, 5 inch cracks at the corners. I elected not to replace the OEM glass. As a historic vehicle in my state, there is no need for a state inspection.

6761 comes with all books, original window sticker, DMC OEM Car cover, DMC Car care kit, period literature, service manuals, and many service records.

I am selling due to a lack of space, as this car has displaced my wifes DD in the garage, and she's not too happy about it.

I've owned several Ferrari's over the years, and this car gets more attention by a significant margin. It doesn't matter if you're 8 or 80, everyone loves the DeLorean.

Asking $27.5k or best serious offers. Please do not waste my time, and I will offer the same courtesy to interested buyers.

p s u l u k e @ h o t m a i l . c o m (remove spaces)

Jimmyvonviggle
11-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Nice car, but to mention that this car garners a lot of attention....you do realize your posting this in a DeLorean forum right? I mean we all drive these cars, we know about the attention.

Kane
11-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Just seems to be an innocent copy and paste from what he probably wrote in a classified ad. I don't see any harm in it.

Silverbullet
11-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Nice car, but to mention that this car garners a lot of attention....you do realize your posting this in a DeLorean forum right? I mean we all drive these cars, we know about the attention.

Not everybody on this forum HAS a D.... SOME people hang out to find one for sale.... And that looks like a nice one.

Craig

Josh
11-04-2013, 11:01 PM
There are lots of prospective buyers on this form or at least viewing it. DMCTalk is where I started my search!

355Dreamer
11-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Just seems to be an innocent copy and paste from what he probably wrote in a classified ad. I don't see any harm in it.

Not everybody on this forum HAS a D.... SOME people hang out to find one for sale.... And that looks like a nice one.

Craig

There are lots of prospective buyers on this form or at least viewing it. DMCTalk is where I started my search!

Correct assumptions all around. Thanks for all of the PMs thus far.

355Dreamer
11-12-2013, 03:38 PM
As noted in the ad, I'm willing to consider reasonable offers.

chrisp
11-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Dash an Binnacle are not in original condition ...

355Dreamer
11-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Dash an Binnacle are not in original condition ...

They were replaced by DeLorean Houston with NOS parts. They are not the molded plastic versions.

355Dreamer
11-26-2013, 12:13 AM
Price drop.

rdarlington
11-26-2013, 12:22 AM
Would you mind posting an itemized list of what was done by DMC for $34,000 ? Based on the condition, my guess is you were involved in some kind of accident that required a major rebuild if you had to spend that kind of money to get where it is now. Not trying to sound harsh, just trying to make sense of this.

355Dreamer
11-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Would you mind posting an itemized list of what was done by DMC for $34,000 ? Based on the condition, my guess is you were involved in some kind of accident that required a major rebuild if you had to spend that kind of money to get where it is now. Not trying to sound harsh, just trying to make sense of this.

No accidents, but you make a great point. They literally did everything to this car. If they would have kept it, you'd see it on their website for 50k like most of their other restoration projects. I will post the invoices from DMC tomorrow.

355Dreamer
11-26-2013, 01:04 PM

I have PDFs. of the service records, but I cannot remove the previous owners information. I would rather not post his address and other information on a public forum. If you or any other buy are truly interested, I'd be happy to email the records to you confidentially.

Feel free to PM me your email address

355Dreamer
11-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Sold pending financing.

thomasuncles
03-05-2014, 05:12 AM
Interested I'll PM you. ;)

Price drop.