PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Wanted 5-speed Delorean 25k in LA county

Indyfan1234
11-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Hello everyone I'm new to this site and I figured I go ahead and ask here. I'm going to be purchasing a delorean here very very soon and was wondering if anyone here had one for sale? I live in San Gabriel valley. In LA county Looking for a 5-speed. Not picky about anything else. Looking for one that needs no work to very little. Needs to be in good enough condition to to handle daily driving ( not planning on daily it just so I know it can if I need it to) not too picky about miles just would like under 60k miles. If it has more I'm still interested.
Thanks everyone
-steve

Delorean02378
11-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Before you even start looking, I'd start by reading this. Spending $30.00 now will save you thousands later.

http://store.delorean.com/p-10550-the-illustrated-buyers-guide-to-delorean-automobiles.aspx

Mark D
11-12-2013, 03:28 PM
It might also be worth your time to take a trip down to DeLorean Motor Center in Huntington Beach (previously in Garden Grove). Their new address is:

7402 Prince Drive Huntington Beach, California 92647

They specialize in DeLorean service/sales and proably have a few cars currently for sale. They also have a handful of cars there at any given time for service that you can take a look at and get a better idea of what to look for in your search for 'the one'.

355Dreamer
11-12-2013, 03:38 PM
What's your price range?

Dangermouse
11-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Title says 25k

Domi
11-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the forum.
You're lucky to live near a DMC garage, you should visiting them for some good advices :)

Indyfan1234
11-13-2013, 03:20 AM
Hey thank you guys for welcoming me to the forum. Yea I'm looking at around $25,000 range. Like I said earlier looking for little to no work if possible. Need it to be able to handle daily driving if I ever needed it. Not saying I will daily it just need it to handle it if I ever need to.
Loved deloreans since I was a small kid just like most of you all here. I found one in Fullerton for $24k that has interior issues. Like needs new door roofing. New dash and a few other interior pieces. He says everything else works great and outside is solid. I'm going to look at it soon. Going to head over to dmc and talk to Danny in person.

355Dreamer
11-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Hey thank you guys for welcoming me to the forum. Yea I'm looking at around $25,000 range. Like I said earlier looking for little to no work if possible. Need it to be able to handle daily driving if I ever needed it. Not saying I will daily it just need it to handle it if I ever need to.
Loved deloreans since I was a small kid just like most of you all here. I found one in Fullerton for $24k that has interior issues. Like needs new door roofing. New dash and a few other interior pieces. He says everything else works great and outside is solid. I'm going to look at it soon. Going to head over to dmc and talk to Danny in person.

I sent you a PM.

Indyfan1234
11-15-2013, 11:03 PM
well a slight bump in the road. my mustang was ready to be sold and was ready to start looking at a new delorean but last minute the gentlemen backed out so I'm back to trying to find a buyer for my mustang so i can finally get my delorean

OverlandMan
11-17-2013, 09:20 PM
well a slight bump in the road. my mustang was ready to be sold and was ready to start looking at a new delorean but last minute the gentlemen backed out so I'm back to trying to find a buyer for my mustang so i can finally get my delorean

You don't have a twin named Roman Legion do you? :hihi2:

Welcome to the group and good luck with your search.

Indyfan1234
11-18-2013, 01:01 AM
You don't have a twin named Roman Legion do you? :hihi2:

Welcome to the group and good luck with your search.

No I don't have a twin lol. Is there someone else on here selling a mustang for a delorean as well?

Dangermouse
11-18-2013, 08:48 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

RL has/had a Mustang that he was trying to swap for a D for a while. The general advice was sell one and then buy the other, rather than trying for a swap.

Indyfan1234
11-18-2013, 09:17 PM
Oh I see. Yea I'm not looking to trade. I know the mustang isn't worth the trade for a delorean in the condition I'm wanting. I don't see why anyone would trade there delorean for a mustang honestly.

Josh
11-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Oh I see. Yea I'm not looking to trade. I know the mustang isn't worth the trade for a delorean in the condition I'm wanting. I don't see why anyone would trade there delorean for a mustang honestly.

Me neither...

thomasuncles
11-27-2013, 04:39 AM

I test drove this car and its good in my opinion.

LEVY
11-27-2013, 08:03 AM
Maybe you want to try Chad's car:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/4160207764.html

Is far away but according to him is ready to drive.

If you take off that ugly window sticker this car will look very nice.

Note: This vehicle has been in the market for a very long time, I believe because of the price not because of condition.

LEVY