PDA

View Full Version : Project VIN 1255

martiq
11-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Hello fellow D-ovners

Here is a small video of my DeLorean project and where i'm at, at this moment.

The car came to Denmark in 1989 and has been sitting in warious garages since then, and hadn't really run all those years. I was told that it had a startup about 5 years ago. I'm the third owner in DK now and i'm bring it back to life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Ws4XEepIM

/martiq

BTTF-1
11-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Congrats of the D.

Your work is really looking good.

ED:rock_on::bigclap::bigclap::rock_on:

ALEXAKOS
11-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Nice black interior!!
Go several things picked up already. Well done!!
What are your plans for the engine? Looks fine to me.
;)

martiq
11-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Thanks

Plan for the engine before I will attempt any start up is:

Sparkplugs, new filters, v-belts, new oil, check of all hoses, probably new hoses on the injection. Then I will try to start it and do a compression test.

I'm taking it a little step by steb. Now the brakes ar working, and i'm able to push the car outside when i need the workshopspace for my other car. the fuel line is clean and ok from tank/pump to filter right now, and cooling system is on the way as you see.

I will upload a dias show (and post a link shortly) so you can see a few more pics of what I've done so far.

martiq
11-13-2013, 02:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ3w7ZdgVmI&feature=youtu.be

thirdmanj
11-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Oh man! So close to mine! In fact closest yet I think. We'll done on the work!

Domi
11-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Really nice job so far :thumbup2:

martiq
11-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Oh man! So close to mine! In fact closest yet I think. We'll done on the work!

Awesome! They must have been on the shame shipment to the U.S. back in 81

Dangermouse
11-13-2013, 05:10 PM
awesome! They must have been on the shame shipment to the u.s. Back in 81

lol

martiq
11-13-2013, 05:26 PM
lol

Oops! That got unintentionally funny :hihi2::hihi2:

martiq
07-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Hello
Just a small update.
Have had the car for almost a year now.

I've been doing a lot of work on the engine, and yes, I have a runner! :-)

Domi
07-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Wow, your engine is beautiful, you've done a great job :thumbup:

ALEXAKOS
07-09-2014, 06:50 AM
Hello
Just a small update.
Have had the car for almost a year now.

I've been doing a lot of work on the engine, and yes, I have a runner! :-)

Congrats...
you kicked my @ss alright:dead:
I am still far from "running". Got my D almost a year too

SIMid
07-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Wow, your engine is beautiful, you've done a great job :thumbup:

+1

Awesome effort! :thumbup:

DMC-81
07-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Hi. Congratulations on getting the car to this point, and on your detailed restoration work! It looks great!

I'm also in the "almost a year"of ownership, and "car currently being saved" club. My car runs, but you are also ahead of me. Well done!

Did you polish the engine, or use a high temperature engine paint? Also, I see other people have painted the "valley of death". Is that a recommended procedure or just a matter of preference?

martiq
07-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Did you polish the engine, or use a high temperature engine paint? Also, I see other people have painted the "valley of death". Is that a recommended procedure or just a matter of preference?

The timingchain-cover and the intake "horn" have had a ligth polish. The valvecovers, intake manifold and the valley of death are painted with high temp. alu based paint. I used the same type of paint on all the alu coolant pipes under the car, and refitted them with silicone tube. The waterpump and pulley is brand new.

The trottle assembly and lower part of the fueldistributor with airflow plate are also just polished lightly, and the top of the fueldistributor is painted with black engine paint.

I believe it's recommended to protect the surface of the valley of death. I has some wery deep wells in the casting wich can accumulate leaking coolant over time, and it can deteriorate the aluminium and ruin the engine (theoretically at least - I have not seen a picture yet, were it actually happend - but better safe than sorry)

Regards, and good luck with your project
Martin