PDA

View Full Version : DCS 2014 "I'm Registered" List

Rich W
11-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Mods: Time to Sticky this new thread, since the old DCS 2012 is already being used for DCS 2014.

As the Title states, post here when you are registered for DCS 2014 and check for others who are registered.

Also, a good place to post links to other related threads, including caravans to and from DCS 2014.

The mods can also do the "Running List" like last time, posted and updated near the top of the thread.

Don't forget...this is Ken K's last DCS event (as CEO), so let's give him a good send off with great attendance.

Malevy
11-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Registered.. :)

ccurzio
11-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Stickied.

cybercusp
11-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Registered.

SS Spoiler
11-24-2013, 02:06 PM
My son and I are registered. I will be coming through the twin cities to pick up my son Tony, and would like to caravan on to Ohio with any Minnesotans. Also can help with set up.

Kalispell, MT

kings1527
11-25-2013, 01:26 AM
Registered! And attending all events.

See you there!

beernpizzalover
11-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Registered.
I think it would be nice if the registration allowed us to put in our DMCTalk nicknames, in addition to our real first and last names.

Josh
12-10-2013, 02:16 AM
Registered! Hopefully will be there in my car, but if not I'll be flying down. Not missing this!

Registered.
I think it would be nice if the registration allowed us to put in our DMCTalk nicknames, in addition to our real first and last names.

x2! However i dont think yours sets you apart from any other guy... haha

Delorean02378
12-15-2013, 09:38 PM
After reading Ken's recent post, I'm registered and will bring a Delorean.

Alan
12-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Registered.

MTDMC
12-18-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm registerd as well. I can't wait for the show.

axlealex
01-05-2014, 02:34 PM
First time attending this event, cant wait.

kkoncelik
01-05-2014, 10:14 PM
HI
been monitoring this thread.
Thanks for everyone who has registered so far. This is the first show that I have had so many register so early and it makes things a lot easier for me so thank you.
We already have the raffle car and it has been doing much better than we ever expected. To date we have sold 296 tickets 4 short of the halfway point. In past shows once we hit 300 tickets sold the raffle tickets usually only last a few more days. Not sure what will happen here. Never thought the tickets would take off like they did on this one.
The car has a total rebuild of the brakes system. It is already running and it looks good. We will shine it up the next few months but its a good car.
We have done other things to it as well and they have been posted as well.

We have a great show for you and for those that have been to the shows before you know what to expect. For those that are here as a first time believe it or not new people usually make up 50% of the show.

I know of one person besides me that has been to all the shows so not bad. I think there are actually 3 or 4 but I am not totally sure who they are. Excluding me of course.

Watch the daily events as they will change as we add things.

Again thank you all for the support
This is my last show so if you want to see this one last time now is the time to register. We are limited in space to 500 persons for Friday and Saturday due to fire code so make sure you get your registrations in early. Just like happened with the raffle car tickets when they sold out people kept trying to get them at the gate but once sold out they are gone.
Once 500 tickets are gone the show is closed out.

If you remember we sold out Pigeon Forge on Friday and Saturday Night (have to plan food in advance)

But we are moving along very fast on registrations as well. Those of you registered thanks

Its your show

Ken

DMCMW Dave
01-05-2014, 10:41 PM
I know of one person besides me that has been to all the shows so not bad. I think there are actually 3 or 4 but I am not totally sure who they are. Excluding me of course.

I'm one. Just made hotel reservations today for this one. Will sign up for the show this week.

Mike F
01-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Registered! Can't wait! :)

MartyP
01-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Registered, Me and my GF, this will be my 2nd DCS !

tom kish vin. 4357
01-09-2014, 04:11 PM
I'm signed up and looking forward to it.

gulwng3
01-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Just registered and looking forward to it since our last show was Memphis in 2002.

Andy

Iznodmad
01-10-2014, 01:30 PM
I've registered and booked hotel. I've been to DCS 2000, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2010, 2012. Drove a Delorean every time. Hoping to have 2 of mine there for this event. It is possible they may be in the same mileage class/category as well. Has anyone ever competed against themselves in judging? Looking forward to it!

Rich W
01-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Has anyone ever competed against themselves in judging?

I have competed against myself since DCS 2000, when I believe I was the first owner to drive two DeLoreans to DCS.

I had three DeLoreans in 2000, but I only drove two of them (with 2nd driver) to DCS 2000 ... my late 81 and my early 82.

JZD was impressed that I brought two of my three DeLoreans there and he posed between the two cars during the show.

(Two Cars but Three DeLoreans in the photo)

Delorean02378
01-10-2014, 03:24 PM
I have competed against myself since DCS 2000, when I believe I was the first owner to drive two DeLoreans to DCS.

I had three DeLoreans in 2000, but I only drove two of them (with 2nd driver) to DCS 2000 ... my late 81 and my early 82.

JZD was impressed that I brought two of my three DeLoreans there and he posed between the two cars during the show.

(Two Cars but Three DeLoreans in the photo)

Rich you need to create some photo Albums on DMCTALK. I'm sure there would be a plethora of things people have never seen before.

Rich W
01-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Rich you need to create some photo Albums on DMCTALK. I'm sure there would be a plethora of things people have never seen before.

Great Idea. I have thought about it before, but I have not had the free time to go through my photo archives and catalog everything.

Actually, I just came across some "Genuine Barn Photos" of VIN...573 (25MB) I had promised Don over a year ago. Need to send them.

They were taken on January 1, 2009 in a barn in Central Wisconsin, before the restoration process began (and a later visit to DMC MW).

Mcv200
03-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Finally registered and got myself a raffle ticket for the car.......like I need another money pit! Looking forward to going for my first time and meeting fellow Delorean owners.

Mike

Bikercmbc
03-05-2014, 05:33 PM
registered this weekend and bring my car.

DMCflux
03-06-2014, 12:30 AM
Registered

whocruiser
03-06-2014, 06:43 PM
I finally registered for the show last night, after I managed to snag workable flights up from Florida on frequent flyer miles. To further squeeze the wallet, I'd love to find one or more equally economically challenged attendees to split a hotel room with, the more, the merrier (and the cheaper.) Since I'm coming without a car this time, if there's anyone who's gonna have an open seat in the car (DeLorean or otherwise) with whom I might be able to tag along on the various trips, that'd be great too. I hit Dayton airport about 9:15am on Thursday the 12th, and my flight back home leaves 6:20am on Sunday the 15th, should anyone with similar flights like to look into taxi, limo, or van sharing between the airport & the hotel. I will have an awesome project to be talking to y'all about by then. Still busy tying a few loose ends together on it right now, but in about 2 weeks time from today, the cat should be enough out of the bag that everyone will know what it is, and many will be anxiously marking their calendars for a certain date in 2015 (no, not THAT date, but you're definitely thinking the right way, and not very far off in time...)

Dan Harris - Daily Driving VIN1150 (the infamous Pot Shop car!)

DeLorean03
03-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Registered.

Rad Dad
03-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Vin 16867 and I are registered and will attend together. I, too, don't need a second DeLorean, but registered for it as well. Misery loves company :hysterical:

Hokie
03-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Vin 16867 and I are registered and will attend together. I, too, don't need a second DeLorean, but registered for it as well. Misery loves company :hysterical:

Has anyone yet received a ticket stub by mail? I have not, and I remember receiving one for the raffle from 2012.

Malevy
03-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Has anyone yet received a ticket stub by mail? I have not, and I remember receiving one for the raffle from 2012.

Previous years, stubs were mailed out the week before the show.

Considering we will be selling the tickets out WAY in advance this year, they will be sent out sooner.

As of now, only 118 tickets left.

jackb
03-07-2014, 04:02 PM
I can't believe what just happened.
My fiancee agreed to make the 1,800 miles drive from AZ to OH with me for our first DCS ever!!! We are registered!!!
It's going to be an expensive summer though... I have to go to GA in May, then we are going to CA in June right before DCS and NY in Aug.:sad30:

Patrick C
03-08-2014, 09:49 AM
Registered!

Jeremy Popp
03-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Registered.... for a few months now, but forgot to post.

Flicky
04-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Anyone know about the "bus"? I selected the Friday events, but didn't select the bus. Is there parking set up for us at the places?

I guess it might be possible to walk to most of these things from the hotel.

Malevy
04-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Registration for the Friday DAYTIME event is for the tour (if your drive or take the bus). You will not be able to get in to the sites we stop out if you do not register.

Bus is optional for people registered for the tour. There will be shuttles going between the various stops on the tour (for people who opt not to drive).

Friday DINNER event is separate.

Nicholas R
04-13-2014, 09:39 PM
Registered last week. Can't wait! :thumbup:

kkoncelik
04-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Hello

Its now less than two months to go to the Final DCS

We again have a fun fact that as of now 47% of those registered are new attendees.
This trend has been with us since the second show so no surprise.

Hotel
We have sold a lot of rooms and as of now we have been granted an increase in room nights so about 50 rooms remain for each night.
But there are a number of you about 40, that have event registrations and not rooms (not including locals)
This is the rest of the Hotel so when they are gone there are no more rooms.

Event Registration.
On April 7 we posted on Facebook that we had 63 reservations left
as of today we had only 40 so at this rate we have probably 3 weeks left.

Good luck and see you at the show
Ken

SherryC
04-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Registered! And bringing #10480 which is due back from SEO Motorsports in a week and a half ! :wrenchin:

whocruiser
04-19-2014, 06:28 PM
Registered! And bringing #10480 which is due back from SEO Motorsports in a week and a half ! :wrenchin:

If that's the engine swapped car they had out at Celebration last weekend, you'll be a very happy driver :rollin:

SherryC
04-19-2014, 09:05 PM
If that's the engine swapped car they had out at Celebration last weekend, you'll be a very happy driver :rollin:

Alas no, that's my friend/co-worker Jeremiah (DeLorean03 on this forum) who's getting the engine swap. I'm getting the custom EMI from SEO (yay! no more K-jet) so I'm sure I'll be very happy with that! Looking sooooo forward to finally driving my D again. It was barn-kept for about a decade

DeLorean03
04-19-2014, 09:06 PM

That's #3299 with the turbo VR6 engine - my car - and it'll be at DCS 2014.

Sherry's car has a full EFI setup installed in her car with stock engine.

Both cars were done by Eddie Ghesquiere of SEO Motorsports in Melbourne, Fl.

Each car's job has been beautifully done and give a good testimony as to what Eddie is capable of.

Sherry's EFI car thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?8569-Mod-amp-Restoration-of-Vin-10480

The turbo VR6 thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?7884-Turbo-VR6-DeLorean

BigBenb84
04-21-2014, 12:29 AM
Registered a few days ago. Driving the DeLo from Pensacola! As long as I get my water pump replaced before then.

Jonathan
04-21-2014, 01:09 PM
We again have a fun fact that as of now 47% of those registered are new attendees.

As of this morning, you can count me and 3937 in on that 47% group!

(quantity 26 remaining when I had finished registering btw).

See you in June!!

David_NYS
04-22-2014, 05:41 PM
All registered and booked in at the hotel! This will be my first time at DCS and I'm getting excited! I currently live in DC, but by June I'll be back in Augusta, GA. Not sure if I'll be driving East to West or South to North... :rollin:

Jonathan
04-22-2014, 05:49 PM
All registered and booked in at the hotel! This will be my first time at DCS and I'm getting excited! I currently live in DC, but by June I'll be back in Augusta, GA. Not sure if I'll be driving East to West or South to North... :rollin:

All roads go to Dayton!! See you there!

NightFlyer
05-06-2014, 04:36 AM

D Knight
05-09-2014, 07:55 PM
So what if you couldn't get registered, then what?

-D Knight-

acaciolo
05-09-2014, 10:21 PM
I'll be flying in friday night.

tony c

NightFlyer
05-10-2014, 01:58 AM
I'll be flying in friday night.

tony c

:thumbup:

PB Co
05-17-2014, 03:25 PM
Just wanted to say big thanks to Ken for the great conversation at the DMA event a few weekends back. Sorry I will unable to attend!

Project Vixen
06-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Project Vixen (#05927) will be there...

Lenny
06-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Registered and will get there Friday leaving Sunday morning and bringing my DeLorean

whocruiser
06-05-2014, 12:57 AM
I finally registered for the show last night, after I managed to snag workable flights up from Florida on frequent flyer miles. To further squeeze the wallet, I'd love to find one or more equally economically challenged attendees to split a hotel room with, the more, the merrier (and the cheaper.) Since I'm coming without a car this time, if there's anyone who's gonna have an open seat in the car (DeLorean or otherwise) with whom I might be able to tag along on the various trips, that'd be great too. I hit Dayton airport about 9:15am on Thursday the 12th, and my flight back home leaves 6:20am on Sunday the 15th, should anyone with similar flights like to look into taxi, limo, or van sharing between the airport & the hotel. I will have an awesome project to be talking to y'all about by then. Still busy tying a few loose ends together on it right now, but in about 2 weeks time from today, the cat should be enough out of the bag that everyone will know what it is, and many will be anxiously marking their calendars for a certain date in 2015 (no, not THAT date, but you're definitely thinking the right way, and not very far off in time...)

Dan Harris - Daily Driving VIN1150 (the infamous Pot Shop car!)

I'm now set up as a roommate in someone else's existing room reservation, so I will be letting my own hotel reservation go, as I no longer need it. Before I do, is there anyone out there who was unable to get a hotel reservation at all since it's filled up, who might like to take over mine? I will also be letting Ken K know directly, just in case he already has a wait list of hotel room seekers that he's working on ;-)

DeLorean03
06-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Project Vixen (#05927) will be there...

Awesome!!

I still watch your "collage" video from 2004 from time to time. It's always a welcome inspiration : D !!

D Knight
06-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Me too. That's a pretty cool vid. I remember watching it unfold.

-D Knight-

Conundrum
06-05-2014, 11:14 PM
I'd like to register but the website says everything is sold out?

Conundrum
06-06-2014, 01:57 AM
Ok, the hotel website said a room was available. I guess someone cancelled or is it a goof up on the site?

Conundrum
06-06-2014, 02:18 AM
I just talked to a guy at the Marriott and he said Thursday is sold out, but Friday, Sat., and Sun. are still open a bit. I got a confirmation online for Thursday - Sunday though.:paranoid: He also said that their system will actually go into the negative and for Thursday they are a few reservations in the hole, but maybe by then it will "work itself out," he stated.

dmc6960
06-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Myself and Nick Kemp with be driving in from MN. Dunno if anyone else from MN is going this year.

whocruiser
06-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Looking at the airport/hotel transport situation and not too happy. Says it's 16 miles away, no hotel provided pickup service, and not a lot of affordable shuttle/limo/taxi options, seems most are in the $35 & up range each direction, and many won't even make a pickup early enough in the day on Sunday for my early flight home :-( Anyone else out there also looking at transport options who might want to share a ride if our schedules are close enough? My flight arrives at 11am on Thursday the 12th, and my flight home departs at 6am on Sunday the 15th, anyone with similar plans? Or alternately, any kind hearted locals who might offer a ride for some gas money?

Alan
06-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Myself and Nick Kemp with be driving in from MN. Dunno if anyone else from MN is going this year.

Looking at the airport/hotel transport situation and not too happy. Says it's 16 miles away, no hotel provided pickup service, and not a lot of affordable shuttle/limo/taxi options, seems most are in the $35 & up range each direction, and many won't even make a pickup early enough in the day on Sunday for my early flight home :-( Anyone else out there also looking at transport options who might want to share a ride if our schedules are close enough? My flight arrives at 11am on Thursday the 12th, and my flight home departs at 6am on Sunday the 15th, anyone with similar plans? Or alternately, any kind hearted locals who might offer a ride for some gas money?

Colleen and I will be heading down from MN but we're driving Tuesday and Wednesday, so no convoy.

whocruiser, If I were you I'd try and hold out for shared shuttle service as it'll benefit more people than just you. If you're not having any luck I would be happy to pick you up Thursday at 11:00 at the airport.

whocruiser
06-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Colleen and I will be heading down from MN but we're driving Tuesday and Wednesday, so no convoy.

whocruiser, If I were you I'd try and hold out for shared shuttle service as it'll benefit more people than just you. If you're not having any luck I would be happy to pick you up Thursday at 11:00 at the airport.

That would be awesome of you if you can :-)

The Sunday morning return trip will be my harder option, as the shared van/limo companies (at least the ones I'm finding online so far) won't do a pickup on Sunday morning before 6am. I've found one private car hire guy online with a 7 passenger minivan who will go as early as 4am, but he's literally a one man operation, and I'm currently awaiting a response from him on availability & rates, will see what happens there first...

Alan
06-09-2014, 08:09 PM
That would be awesome of you if you can :-)

The Sunday morning return trip will be my harder option, as the shared van/limo companies (at least the ones I'm finding online so far) won't do a pickup on Sunday morning before 6am. I've found one private car hire guy online with a 7 passenger minivan who will go as early as 4am, but he's literally a one man operation, and I'm currently awaiting a response from him on availability & rates, will see what happens there first...

I'll pick you up Thursday but I'm afraid that hour Sunday morning you're on your own. PM me the details of your arrival Thursday and I'll meet you there.

whocruiser
06-11-2014, 12:46 AM
I'll pick you up Thursday but I'm afraid that hour Sunday morning you're on your own. PM me the details of your arrival Thursday and I'll meet you there.

Will PM you my details right away, thanks :-)

I now have the EARLY Sunday morning hotel to airport run confirmed with the minivan guy, he's OK with a 4:30am pickup in the hotel lobby, but was already booked elsewhere on Thursday, so I guess it was fate for you to offer the Thursday ride. And since he does have room for up to 6 passengers, he says it's OK for me to recruit any other early Sunday 6am-ish flight people who can ride along and split his $40 flat fee with me, and then we can all tip him nicely for being so accommodating ;-)

jackb
06-12-2014, 05:33 PM
I just passed St Louis... Will be there tonight. It has been flawless driving since yesterday morning, until I just stopped for gas.
The passenger door is now stuck in the locked position. It will not open with the key from the outside, or hitting the button inside. When I press the button inside, it kind of tries to unlock, then stays locked. It had been working fine right up until then.
The driver door works fine from inside and out.

What should I check first tonight?
Or better, will anyone who understands the door lock system be around/free tonight to give a hand with it? (If so, please send me a pm w/ contact info, or reply and I'll send my cell #)

jackb
06-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Disregard that... Got it taken care of. I was finally able to get it open, and duplicate the problem. It was caused by operator (passenger) error. My fiancè was not closing the door hard enough and the locks and strikers were jamming up. All taken care of now (I close the door for her now)