PDA

View Full Version : Proposal for non-tech meet-up

sphiend
07-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Took 6510 out tonight to Thinking Mans Tavern in Decatur. Met one of the owners and he seemed really interested in hosting a BTTF trivia night and reserving the front parking lot for Delorean parking. Said there could be some complimentary drinks/food for us.

They did a Harry Potter trivia night on Saturday and the place was packed. He gave me a card with contact info. Would be happy to help set something up if there is enough interest. No idea on timing at this point.

He really wanted to fill the lot (15 spaces) with D's. Told him that would be a tall order.

sean
07-18-2011, 10:02 AM
I could see us pulling together around 4 or so but not 15. Would we be in charge of compiling the BTTF trivia?

Knight2000
07-18-2011, 11:08 AM
I would definately be in!

sphiend
07-19-2011, 09:25 AM
I could see us pulling together around 4 or so but not 15. Would we be in charge of compiling the BTTF trivia?

No. I don't think we would have to do anything other than show up.

nullset
07-19-2011, 10:48 AM
I'd be a maybe…..

--buddy

sean
07-19-2011, 12:29 PM
I'd be a maybe…..

--buddy

Maybe!?!? Its not in Canada like Derek's place :biggrin:

sphiend
07-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Maybe!?!? Its not in Canada like Derek's place :biggrin:

He is going to be pretty busy getting the car back together in time for DC. Maybe a better idea would be for us to have a non tech session day to focus on that and help get her back together and running. I'm willing if any of the experts are.

sean
07-20-2011, 08:22 PM
He is going to be pretty busy getting the car back together in time for DC. Maybe a better idea would be for us to have a non tech session day to focus on that and help get her back together and running. I'm willing if any of the experts are.

When's dragon con?

DL4567
07-21-2011, 12:30 AM
Labor Day weekend, Sept 2-5 this year.

nullset
07-21-2011, 11:30 AM
I have 43 days to go…..

:)

sean
07-21-2011, 11:32 AM
I have 43 days to go…..

Yikes!

Got a list of what remains?

nullset
07-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Yup.

1: Put it back together……

Seriously though, I put the brake calipers back on the rear last night. Here's my legitimate list and rough order:
- Mate engine and transmission
- Put engine and transmission into frame
- Connect transmission cooling lines
- Reassemble gas tank / fuel pump /etc and install in frame
- Reinstall radiator, run lines
- Install intake manifold and exhaust
- Put body/frame back together
- Connect everything that joins the body and frame, etc
- Reinstall rear bumper
- Drive off into the sunset…(hopefully)
- Change transmission fluid?
- Rebuild enough of the interior that I can drive it in the parade
- if there's time, make new props. if not, reinstall the crappy ones…..
- Parade!

Am I missing anything? probably…...

sean
07-21-2011, 01:08 PM
you should probably set up a schedule of benchmarks that you would like done so you can stay on task. Looks very doable with 43 days left on the clock. I mean half that list could be done tonight.

nullset
07-21-2011, 01:19 PM
you should probably set up a schedule of benchmarks that you would like done so you can stay on task. Looks very doable with 43 days left on the clock. I mean half that list could be done tonight.

Thanks for the encouragement!

I think it's doable. The big unknown is whether the engine and transmission are good once I put it back together. If the either or both of those is bad, there's no way I'll make my deadline.

The other unknown is "how many screws/bolts/nuts/washers did Buddy lose?". I hope the answer is not many….

--buddy

sean
07-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the encouragement!

Hey, I got faith in the utility kilt!

I think it's doable. The big unknown is whether the engine and transmission are good once I put it back together. If the either or both of those is bad, there's no way I'll make my deadline.
It will no doubt be a heart pounding moment when it comes turn key time. Did you do any compression or leak down tests?

The other unknown is "how many screws/bolts/nuts/washers did Buddy lose?". I hope the answer is not many….
:shhh: Lets hope none!