PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust manifold gasket replacement & valve adjustment quotes

Rich_NYS
12-12-2013, 06:24 PM
I might buy a car that needs an exhaust manifold gasket replacement & valve adjustment. I'll likely not have the time to do it myself, so I'll hire out the work. It has been a long time since I paid someone for mechanical work, and have never worked on a DeLorean myself. I'm interested to know the amount of time to expect for the two jobs mentioned (also how much to figure for broken studs.)

Thanks,

Rich

Delorean Industries
12-12-2013, 06:25 PM
I might buy a car that needs an exhaust manifold gasket replacement & valve adjustment. I'll likely not have the time to do it myself, so I'll hire out the work. It has been a long time since I paid someone for mechanical work, and have never worked on a DeLorean myself. I'm interested to know the amount of time to expect for the two jobs mentioned (also how much to figure for broken studs.)

Thanks,

Rich

email us and we can send you a formal quote. Pictures of the car in questions exhaust would help in quoting as well.

Rich_NYS
12-16-2013, 10:03 AM
email us and we can send you a formal quote. Pictures of the car in questions exhaust would help in quoting as well.

Thanks Josh,

I'll email what I have and will also be interested in a price on a few other items.

-Rich

Rich_NYS
12-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks Josh,

I'll email what I have and will also be interested in a price on a few other items.

-Rich

I just realized you're in Ohio, too far for me to bring a car in but when I'm ready for parts I'll let you know. :thumbup:

GS450-Junkie
12-22-2013, 01:50 PM
usually exhaust manifold studs will break...and I think you're looking at $100 each to have them pulled and replaced. I think I had about $600-800 for gaskets, labor and broken studs.
I tried a valve adjustment myself with a nice write up from DMCMW...didn't work out so well for me. In fact, I think I made it worse. Ended up paying to have it done. It wasn't that expensive, but was one of those things I had done when the car was in for other work.