PDA

View Full Version : Video of DMC Florida.

refugeefromcalif
12-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Here's a fan? video that was brought to my attention a while back. (It has my car in it). :meditation:

http://youtu.be/WHip9fM9ho4

George

Jimmyvonviggle
12-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Must get so annoying trying to sell cars when so many people come in to tire kick.

refugeefromcalif
12-28-2013, 03:08 PM
Must get so annoying trying to sell cars when so many people come in to tire kick.

I don't know how they cope with it either. When their open they have Some control on what people do.
(I'm guessing that some of these videos end up being viewed by people that actually Buy a D).

The part that bothers me is when a car is parked in their lots, Any idiot can damage it when they are closed. :angry0:

George

thirdmanj
12-28-2013, 03:11 PM

Yeah, my heart bleeds for them. I bet most other used car dealerships would give their left nut for the type of exposure and media attention the DeLorean gets for free.

pezzonovante88
12-28-2013, 03:20 PM
I think any specialty/exotic car dealer is used to the sight-seeing/tire-kicking folk. Most people will just say, "oh, we're just dreaming" or "we're not buying one, we're just looking". Anyone who's serious makes themselves know. All the salesperson or greeter has to do is ask if they are actually there to buy a car.
But yeah, all the turkeys that lurk around in the parking lot fondling people's DeLoreans makes me cringe.

refugeefromcalif
12-28-2013, 03:26 PM
To give credit where credit is due, NightFlyer PM'd me the link to this a few months ago.

George

martydmc12
12-28-2013, 08:23 PM
From California, and now across the continent to Florida. See forum thread http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?8466-Fan-made-video-of-the-new-DMC-CA-location-in-Huntington-Beach-CA

Why do so many of these people remind me of Cletus, from The Simpson's?

In all fairness, I was probably just as enthusiastic and excited to see a DeLorean, yet alone dealership/facility back in my younger days before ownership. But these videos really are telling; they're only there because of BTTF. Sure, they all sit in the stock DMC-12's and ogle them, but in the end, it's those exhaust vents, Mr. Fusion and Flux Capacitor is what really gets them going.

It's really quite amazing when you think about it, just throw some scrap airplane parts and a few gizmos on your DeLorean, and people are generally more interested in that than a regular DMC-12. And it's not as if it's the actual screen-used DeLorean either, the one that Michael J. Fox or Chris Lloyd sat-in/drove, even though at the beginning of this video, they thought it was, which is utterly insane (that's a rant for another day).

But really, what's so different from sitting in a stock DMC-12 compared to the BTTF replica? I've been a DeLorean owner for 20 years, been to Universal Studios hundreds of times, many different DeLorean Car Shows, and I finally for the first time just sat in a BTTF car this past September (Oliver and Terry Holler's). Can't say it was any different than sitting in a typical DeLorean, just more crowded with time circuits and other time travel devices.

It would be interesting to hear from exotic/classic car dealers, if they get many tire-kickers to their shops, especially compared to DMC. I can only assume that Aston Martin dealers get a whole range of idiots who think they're 007 every time a new movie comes out.

ALEXAKOS
12-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Hey George! That is your 5 minutes of fame right there! ;)
BTW, right behind yours..... Mine is standing poorly with the crooked passenger front wheel next to the black Semi's trailer. Video is of April 13th, I bought it March 3rd from DMCFL.

Poor kid is a bit poorly lit up in his penthouse. I am happy he gets such a rush by visiting DMCFL:clown:

One more for ya a year back
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf9ufLnsNlw)