PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to meet up at Tower Shops in Davie on Friday?

eagle-co94
12-30-2013, 12:51 PM
I left the date off the title as this may become a living thread. Now that the holidays are past us I'd love to meet up with some local owners and hang out at Tower Shops. I'd hate to go alone, but with a few other people would be nice.

Anyone up for an evening of showing off our cars?

eagle-co94
01-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Trying again. Anyone for Friday the 17th?

eagle-co94
04-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Is there anyone left in South FL on this forum?

whocruiser
04-08-2014, 11:54 PM
I'm still around, but might not be able to commit too far ahead due to work & other schedules. I'll be up at the Celebration show though this Saturday.

whocruiser
07-31-2014, 09:51 PM
It's the end of an era tomorrow night :-( I'm working until 5pm, but will try to head over for the big goodbye if the weather cooperates. Any other SoFla DeLorean peeps able to make it for old time's sake, and perhaps snag a few spaces together?...

"SFOR welcomes you to participate and say goodbye to 23 years of Tower Shoppes Friday Nite Cruise-ins. It will be sad to go, but life goes on :( ... We welcome all of our Rocket Members & friends to be part of this historic night, so bring your Classic Olds to the Catwalk!! Club will provide food & libations while they last. There will be a Club meeting at 7-7:30pm to discuss the upcoming Summer shows and Club business. Come on down and be part of History!! We will be parking in the POST 1974 lot,( friends also, look for the Olds Tent & banner) get there early there will be a lot of cars-people-excitement!"

http://cruisinsouthflorida.com/CruiseNights.htm#Towershoppes

https://www.facebook.com/events/306238409558328/?ref=br_tf

eagle-co94
07-31-2014, 10:24 PM
I'll try to make it out tomorrow. I further challenge SoFL owners to come out as I have yet to get anyone to come out to Tower Shops. This is everyone's last chance!

Lightning
08-01-2014, 12:29 AM
Too far south for me as I already have Saturday plans. Sorry I can't make it.

whocruiser
03-04-2015, 11:53 PM
Apparently, this is the main local replacement that has developed in the wake of the end of the weekly Tower Shops gatherings, anyone been there yet?...

"Plaza of Davie Friday Night Cruise 6pm-10pm - Ruby Tuesday - Hiatus Rd / I-595 - Davie
Cars / Trucks Fee $5 - Motorcycles $1 -- More Info contact Mike: 954-806-7822"

I'm planning to bring the DeLorean out there this Friday March 6th and see how it goes, any other local owners, feel free to come join me, and if we know each other are coming, we can try to score spaces together. By the way, I'm still looking to sell my car, so if you're at all interested, it's a great opportunity to take a close look at her ;-)

eagle-co94
03-05-2015, 02:14 AM
Not to put a damper on your interest, but my wife and I sometimes go to Ruby Tuesday's to eat and until we arrived had completely forgotten that's the area where the show moved to. The show basically surrounds the Ruby Tuesdays on roughly two sides. We just happened to be eating there last Friday and decided to walk around after dinner to see what the show has become. We were quite disappointed to see the low turnout compared to the Tower Shops days. There were 30-40 cars there and I think 2 or 3 vendors instead of the 10 or so that would be at Tower Shops.

mluder
03-05-2015, 02:32 AM
A weekly event with a fee charged? No wonder no one shows up.
Here in Portland the PDX Cars and Coffee group meets every Saturday morning in business park parking lot where there's a Starbucks. It's free to anyone who wants to come and draws everything from rough and tumble tuner cars to MacLarens, Ferraris and Lambos. Two weeks ago there must have been well over 150 cars.

Anybody ever explain what the fee goes to?

Cheers
Steven

eagle-co94
03-05-2015, 10:12 AM
It was a huge event even with the fee. The fee covered insurance for the event and pays for the DJ that comes out every week. I've been to a couple Cars & Coffee events that were held at private locations and it was obvious that there was insurance coverage based on the contents of the warehouse.

whocruiser
03-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Yup, the old Tower Shops show started many years ago initially with a $1 per car fee to cover the insurance, and also if I recall correctly, the hiring of a required off duty police security detail. Pretty sure the DJ was covered by and/or comped the vendor space income. The fee had risen to $3 by the time the shows ended last summer, but they still drew 200 or more cars weekly. $5 does seem a bit much, especially if the number of cars is so much lower now. They may well be unintentionally creating the smaller numbers simply by pricing it so much higher, and should perhaps consider a better balance ;-) With under 50 cars there, and consequently fewer people browsing as well, I don't think I'll bother, especially THIS weekend, as I've just spent the morning removing a bad driver's side window regulator assembly, and don't really want to do too much of a temporary reassembly to make it more presentable for the lookie-loos until the new part arrives. Yet one MORE job the next owner won't have to do or have done for them if they buy my car ;-)

http://www.potshopcar.com