PDA

View Full Version : So California Drive Event

sapphirexae
01-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Hi friends,

So, I was thinking I'd like to put on a driving event! As I collect cars and am a member of several car clubs, I know how to put on a really enjoyable (if I do say so myself) event. Before I get too carried away with ideas and planning, I'd like to see if anyone would even be interested in such an event? I'm thinking a cruise through some of the beautiful, scenic, twisty mountain roads of San Diego. Anyone interested?

pezpilot
01-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Sounds like fun! Not many SoCal events are posted here.

Rich
01-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Sounds like fun! Not many SoCal events are posted here.

Good point; I'm not seeing a link to that club on this forum.

Looks like the SoCal D club events are posted here - lots of them....:

LINK: http://www.socaldeloreans.org/Welcome.html (http://www.socaldeloreans.org/Welcome.html)

sapphirexae
02-08-2014, 09:57 PM
We're working on planning something now. We're also talking about it on the DOA FaceBook Page. I'll post more here when we hammer out some details.

Timebender
02-10-2014, 12:29 PM
You're in San Diego? Cool! I'd be up for it, though still don't have a D yet...
But there are a couple other guys - YellowMXwheels and Skillz are both San Diegans and live semi-close to me (Jamul). Another good drive would be out the 94 to Honey Springs, up through Lyons Valley to Japatul then out to Cuyamaca, and stop in Julian for lunch, then come back down through Ramona (a ride I've done on motorcycle with some other friends).

Greg

sapphirexae
02-18-2014, 01:06 AM
Hi Greg. 'YellowMXwheels' is my brother. I am in Jamul myself (off Lawson Valley Rd). I always enjoy meeting other enthusiasts and owners, if you'd ever like.

Timebender
02-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Hi Greg. 'YellowMXwheels' is my brother. I am in Jamul myself (off Lawson Valley Rd). I always enjoy meeting other enthusiasts and owners, if you'd ever like.

Cool! Yeah, Dan had told me he kept his D at your house. Didn't know he had a brother though. So do you guys have two D's then?
I'm over on Olive Vista.
Small world.

sapphirexae
02-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Right now just one DeLorean (another one possibly on the way today as a matter of fact) but we collect cars and have several other fun toys.

Timebender
02-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Figured that out from your other threads. And to that my response is I officially hate you guys.
Especially since you're like 10 minutes away and Dan only let me know about 747 (which I DID get to sit in.. and that was one of the best car experiences in my life even though we weren't moving).

So there.

sapphirexae
02-20-2014, 03:24 PM
HaHa. Yes indeed, 747 is something very, very special. It has stolen my heart, even more so as time goes on. It is hands down my favorite DeLorean that I have ever seen, there is just something remarkable about it..........can't quite put my finger on it.

Timebender
02-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Could be the soft black leather seats that make you feel like the car is just giving you a nice big hug.

sapphirexae
02-20-2014, 08:19 PM
I think its a combo! Our first DeLorean was black interior, gas flap and I loved it. Our second DeLorean was grey interior, grooved hood which was nice, but not perfect. 747 is black with gas flap.......my first love. With the customizations we've done to it, I think it is even more exotic and sleek. For whatever reason, our first two Ds always made me a tad nervous. Even though they were always perfectly reliable, I was always skeptical of them. For some reason, I trust 747 implicitly. I think we both do. It just seems so sturdy, durable and reliable!!

Fergy
02-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Hello guys,

This is just to note that I too have never understood why the SoCal club did not have a folder on this forum. It was requested many years ago, but after talks with the Forum Gurus, it did not happen.

All I can say is if you want to participate in any event in the SoCal area, keep in touch with the people at the www.socaldeloreans.org website. (Sometimes, stuff is also posted to Facebook.) There is quite a lot of activity, and if you want to add to it, you would be more than welcome.

One thing that comes to mind in your area is the SDBCC Rolling British Car Day in April. Stay tuned for a posting to the website in the next few days.

Regards,
Ronald Ferguson

Timebender
02-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Thanks Ronald. I think my father-in-law would be interested as he just got his 1968 XKE back on the road.