PDA

View Full Version : DCS 2012: June 14-17, 2012 -- Orlando, FL

Pages : [1] 2

Mike C.
05-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Figured i'd start a new thread for the DCS 2012 Car Show in Orlando, FL.

Lenny
05-28-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm going to be at a conference next week at the Hilton. It is right across the street from Downtown Disney.

Problem is I won't be taking the Delorean. All my junk wouldn't fit in it.

Lenny

Lenny
05-30-2011, 08:36 PM
There was a glitch and 2 messages are missing here is a summary.

Bitsyncmaster wrote he didn't know if he should drive or fly. He stated that wouldn't have enough room to pack his luggage.

I responded that I wanted him to come because I wanted to see his car and all the mods, LED's, etc that he has done.

I suggested he go to Kinko's (FedEx) or Staples (UPS) and ship his stuff.

Hold for Guest XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Hilton Orlando Resort Lake Buena Vista
1751 Hotel Plaza Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Tel: 1 407-827-4000

Lastly I said that I wanted to have all the drivers meet in Wildwood, FL where the turnpike starts from I-75 and heads to Orlando.

Can you imagine 50 Deloreans headed down the highway and pulling into the Hilton.

Thanks,
Lenny

Bitsyncmaster
05-31-2011, 09:04 AM
Lastly I said that I wanted to have all the drivers meet in Wildwood, FL where the turnpike starts from I-75 and heads to Orlando.

Can you imagine 50 Deloreans headed down the highway and pulling into the Hilton.

Thanks,
Lenny

Would be funny to see the cops face when 50 Ds go flying by at 80 MPH.8)

Lenny
06-01-2011, 08:29 AM
I'm checking out of the Hiton today. I was here for a conference this week. Here is a picture from my room. I can see Downtown Disney, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and the Magic Kingdom, although the MK is not in this picture it's off to the right.

Downtown Disney is right across the street.
I took this with my phone, I didn't have my camera with me.

Thanks,
Lenny

DMC3165
06-01-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm going to renew my call for a DeLorean "Convoy"!!!

"A breaker 1-9, this heres the rubber duck n the silver D, rolling south bound 95 anybody out there got a copy on me.... c'mon"

Farrar
06-02-2011, 09:48 AM
If anyone heading east on I-10 wants to pick up a few folks in southeast Louisiana, there are three or four Ds here to join the convoy...

Farrar

DeloreanJoshQ
06-02-2011, 08:40 PM
When do reservations become available?

Malevy
06-02-2011, 08:58 PM
When do reservations become available?

Few more weeks, you will be able to book your room. An announcement will be made.

Delorean Industries
06-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Definitely looking forward to this event.

dmc6960
06-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Definitely hoping I can afford this one.

Renee_1632
06-06-2011, 12:06 AM
I realize it's really early to consider this, but when is the LAST day we can make reservations? I'm unable to request leave until a few months before, and I'm hesitant to spend that money and then not be granted leave.

Bitsyncmaster
06-06-2011, 07:14 AM
I realize it's really early to consider this, but when is the LAST day we can make reservations? I'm unable to request leave until a few months before, and I'm hesitant to spend that money and then not be granted leave.

The nice thing about these high quality hotels is you can usually cancel your reservation by 6:00 pm the day prior to your arrival and not get charged anything.

Malevy
06-06-2011, 09:31 AM

In the past, the problem has been that rooms sell out.. Check out their cancellation policy. It is better to make the reservation as soon as you can, then cancel if your plans change.

Dracula
06-09-2011, 12:11 PM
That reminds me, I have to make plans for this so that I can attend.

Malevy
06-24-2011, 01:00 PM
You can book your rooms NOW!

http://deloreancarshow.com/lodging.php

dmc6960
06-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Booked!

No issues stating our group, DeLorean Car Show (I've had issues at previous shows when reserving a year out). Room rate for a twin room was $129/night. Our group entitles us to free use of the exercise room.

Apparently parking will cost $10/night or $16/night for valet. Hmmm....:hmm:

Malevy
06-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Apparently parking will cost $10/night or $16/night for valet. Hmmm....:hmm:

I spoke to Ken about this, he thinks this may not apply to "DeLoreans participating in the show". So, it may turn out to be incentive to enter your car in the show.

Bitsyncmaster
06-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Now I have to decide if I should stay an extra night or two. My wife and I are planning (so far) to drive down in the D so a little more vacation time to justify the long drive. Maybe do another theme park after or before the DCS show.

DMC3165
06-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Does anyone know if the hotel will be discounting admission prices to Disney? I got a price quote for $870. For 2 adults and 1 child on a 3 day pass.:frantic:

Rich W
06-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi Marc,

Any news about parking tow vehicles and trailers for the duration of the show?

I may be hauling 30ft+ trailer(s), so I am going to need "serious" parking spots.

I am sure there will be an area where Ken is parking his truck(s) and trailer(s).

I may use a 'Class A' RV for one tow vehicle. The Judge's ruling on that one?

Thanks,
Rich W.

06-24-2011, 07:06 PM
I just booked my room as well. I am told that there is extremely limited space available. I was curious about how quickly the rooms have gone, mentioning that the announcement came out about 6.5 hours ago and was told that the reservations have been open since June 9th!

Looking forward to this show!

Lenny
06-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know the Group/Convention Code for DCS 2012

Malevy
06-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi Marc,

I have asked Ken to address this. I have not been to the site myself yet, so I don't know.

mentioning that the announcement came out about 6.5 hours ago and was told that the reservations have been open since June 9th!

I don't know how many rooms sold today, but I can tell you TODAY was the first day you could book a room. I have been calling to book mine every day for the past week and a half to "confirm" when their computer was set to take reservations for the event. Our contract is for 150 rooms. If early reservations look good, Ken may be able to negotiate for more rooms... But, if you want to be sure you have a room, you must book early!

Does anyone know the Group/Convention Code for DCS 2012

When I called, I gave them the dates and told them it was for "DeLorean Car Show" and the discount rate of $129 per night came up.

DMC3165
06-24-2011, 10:12 PM
1 less room available!

Nothing better then taking off work, seeing DeLoreans and Mickey mouse. See you all there!!!!

:partyhat:

Rich W
06-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Hi Marc,

Do we know what the "window of dates" are that have
been authorized for the show, before and after?

I would like to get there a little earlier and stay a little
later, if the same rate applies, since the transports will
many, many miles (and through the mountains, again)
so I would much prefer to stay a while longer.

I recall asking this question in the past year, with no
definitive answer, so I thought I would ask again.

Thanks,
Rich W.

GS450-Junkie
06-25-2011, 01:19 PM
why ? Are you planning on bringing a huge mountain of parts ?:thumbup2:

Hi Marc,

I may be hauling 30ft+ trailer(s), so I am going to need "serious" parking spots.

I am sure there will be an area where Ken is parking his truck(s) and trailer(s).

I may use a 'Class A' RV for one tow vehicle. The Judge's ruling on that one?

Thanks,
Rich W.

Lenny
06-25-2011, 09:43 PM
15531553Guys, great rate, I just made my reservations. it's 75.00 less than government rate.

Still want to meet up in Wildwood I-75 Exit 329 and "Convoy" to Disney World.

Definition: A convoy is a group of vehicles, typically motor vehicles or ships, traveling together for mutual support and protection. Often, a convoy is organized with armed defensive support, though it may also be used in a non-military sense, for example when driving through remote areas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWO_AIh8drk&feature=related

Malevy
06-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Do we know what the "window of dates" are that have
been authorized for the show, before and after?

I think our block of rooms/price is available Wednesday to Wednesday.. Although I did hear something about good until the 23'rd.

Bitsyncmaster
06-26-2011, 09:48 AM
I think our block of rooms/price is available Wednesday to Wednesday.. Although I did hear something about good until the 23'rd.

Do you have the convention code so we can reserve the rooms online?

Edit:

I don't need the code since I phoned my reservation. But I did get the $129 rate for 5 nights. I'm staying Sunday and Monday following the show to enjoy the area longer.

You get charged one night on your CC but if you cancel 5 days before the show you will get that back.

Malevy
06-26-2011, 09:18 PM
From Ken;

This is just the basic information for the show at the Hilton
we will be updating the web page in the next few days to include some of this info

Group Information
Group Name: DeLorean Car Show 2012 Orlando
Group Code: DLR
Check-in: 14-JUN-2012
Check-out: 17-JUN-2012
Hotel Name: Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Hotel Address: 1751 Hotel Plaza Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Zipcode - 32830
Phone Number:1-407-827-4000

kkoncelik
06-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Hi All
Finally got back on.
For those of you that were wondering what happened to me I have been real busy with weddings, work (the real job) and a giant honey do project that will take me to the end of summer and with this rain its been tough

But I am back on DMC talk and will be monitoring it. Marc as usual is right up to date and has kept after me to get things out so
Thank you Marc I needed that this summer.

The information now is posted on the web page for the confirmation code and of course Marc posted it today earlier until I could get activated.

The show is again running about the same as the other shows so as we usually do we will be adding the information as it becomes available.

While room reservations are now active the event registrations will begin in October/ November. Probably right after the Houston Event which I will be at.

Rooms are are on a first come first serve basis and you again I cannot over stress that this is a resort in Disney and unlike other venues It will book with or without us.
So if you want a room please do not wait.

I think you all have been bombarded enough with this if you were on the DML and the web page has been updated so if there are any more questions please feel free to ask.

I do have one favor of the poster that posted the 15 or so things that they would like to see at DCS can I have a copy of that list. It was on the old Dmc talk and I do not have a copy.

Again thanks
Ken

Malevy
06-27-2011, 11:36 AM
I got an email this morning from someone who booked their room at 9PM last night. They were told that there are "only 5 rooms left in the 150 block".

While none of this has been confirmed yet, I was wondering if anyone has had any issues booking today? I find it hard to believe we sold 145 rooms already, but if we did this is a GREAT thing!

Rich W
06-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi Ken,

I need to know the availability of truck and long trailer parking for DCS 2012.
The details to park one or more 30ft+ trailers will help me to decide whether
or not I want to bring the DeLorean Limo and/or the D Rex or multiple vehicles
based upon availability of parking (and parking cost?) for transport vehicles.

I also need to know what dates are available at the show discount, since I
planned to take my time (this time) through the mountains and rest up before
and after the event, so I was planning June 12 through at least June 19, then
take my time on the return trip through the mountains as well.

It will be helpful to know these details in advance, so I know if I need to book
more rooms for my nephews, etc., since they will be doing the "Disney stuff".
If parking large transport vehicles (for a week?) will be a hassle, then I will need
to make alternate arrangements or decide against bringing certain show vehicles.

All confirmed details will be helpful in planning and making the reservations.

Thanks,
Rich W.

Malevy
06-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Rich;

Just an idea- Maybe we can find some local owners that would have space for you to park the tow vehicles? We for sure have some time to get this problem solved, and I would hate to not have you bring all of your vehicles over an issue like this.

Rich W
06-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks Marc. I am trying to keep all options open, yet trying to plan as much in
advance as possible. These plans will also impact my multiple room registrations.

The concern is still fresh in my mind, since the Bloomington Gold Survivor Car Show
(yesterday) wanted $25 per day, per trailer, in an unsecured lot and $75 per trailer
in the gated, secure lot. That is a really significant additional cost, with multiple
trailers, especially if I am planning on staying a week (plus) in the Orlando area.

I do have a conference to attend in FL this Fall, so I may try to scope out the area
for alternatives while I am down there in Late September.

I realize the really long trailer issue is not an issue for over 95% of attendees, but
it could make for a "Go or No Go" issue for some of my vehicles.

Thanks,
Rich W.

Rich W
06-27-2011, 04:07 PM
All,

I did my weekly check of posts on DMCNews and I found a post from Ken
that mentioned there "should be" at least 3 days before and 3 days after
the actual event dates, that are included within the reduced show rate,
so based on this info, I should be able to book all the dates at the Hilton.

However, I will need to know about the availability of "long" trailer parking
before I decide to book two rooms or four rooms. (prefer to book together)

Thanks,
Rich W.

Malevy
06-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Book 4 rooms, you can always cancel...

Rich W
06-27-2011, 05:28 PM
If it was not for the initial, first night stay (each room) being charged now,
no problem for $130 or $260, but without knowing the details I need to know,
I rather not charge the CC for $520 right now, in the middle of working on my
projects, until I know what I need to know to book two rooms or four rooms.

Or maybe it is just me. When I say I will do something, I do it and I always
look at "cancelling anything" as a last resort, not just one of a few options.
That is just the way I am. Ken K. is the way he is and Marc is the way he is,
and there is very little chance of either of those two guys changing either.

I always try to help make DCS events more interesting whenever I can, even
if I volunteer my time (DCS Museum) rather than bring my custom DeLoreans.
Of course it would be "easier" to just attend future DCS events without one or
more of my custom DeLoreans, but I hate limiting myself to "the easy way".

See you all at DCS, one way or the other.

Later,
Rich W.

uhhair
06-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Just booked our rooms, see you guys there!

dvonk
06-30-2011, 01:06 AM
just booked a room... apparently it was the last one?! :yesss:

this is going to be a 'double' trip for me: when my girlfriend was in the hospital, i told her when she recovered from her stroke i would take her wherever she wanted to go; she picked Disney World. i mentioned that there would be a convenient group rate for the DCS 2012... :biggrin:

so, it will be a celebration of her life, tenacity and amazing resilience... AND i get to see a DeLorean again for the first time in over 11 years!

im totally pumped for both! :partyhat:

kkoncelik
06-30-2011, 10:17 AM
There are plenty of rooms available.

There are three days each side of the show.
If you book one of these and there are only 5 held at a time and they book out let me know and I will add more.
for the main days of the show the Thurs thru Sat night there are rooms always have and I will let you know when we are getting close.
You should book early because they will go quickly but at this time for the three nights there are rooms.
For the three days before and after I see the report on Monday and if need be we will add more rooms on Mondays
thanks
Ken

DMC02766
06-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Ken, I know its early in the game but I know I speak for every DeLorean enthusiast when I say I really appreciate you for all of your hard work in putting the show together again. These shows are always a lot of fun and I always look forward to attending them. Thanks again!

dvonk
06-30-2011, 11:20 AM
i was trying to book 5 nights, 13th-17th, but they told me that since the show ended on the 17th, the 16th was the last night i could get the group rate. normal rate they quoted is $200 a night. did anyone else have this problem as well? if i can get another night for $70 cheaper that would be awesome...

Malevy
06-30-2011, 11:33 AM
The distribution of "room nights" is focused on Thursday/Friday/Saturday nights. The discount for rooms before and after were limited, however Ken can make adjustments to that as needed.

Last I spoke to him, Ken will be getting a report from the hotel on reservations, at that point he can add/remove "room nights" before and after the 3 core nights.

Give Ken a few days to fix it.. But, this is a good example of why it is better to book your room early! :)

Bitsyncmaster
06-30-2011, 12:56 PM
i was trying to book 5 nights, 13th-17th, but they told me that since the show ended on the 17th, the 16th was the last night i could get the group rate. normal rate they quoted is $200 a night. did anyone else have this problem as well? if i can get another night for $70 cheaper that would be awesome...

I got those five nights at the discounted rate but I booked soon after booking opened.

dvonk
06-30-2011, 01:31 PM
so if Ken can get more nights, would i be able to add another to our stay?

Malevy
06-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Yes. He just confirmed with me that he has added 5 more rooms to the block for the nights outside the core show.. So, CALL NOW!

kkoncelik
06-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Rich
Give me a call since you are one of the vendors/ dispay etc and I know you have special needs give me a call 513-470-8337 I changed phones and don't have a good number for you.

Parking for trailers is not a problem and is FREE. The $10 only applies for people not in DeLoreans or not driving a trailer. I am picking up the trailer fees in exchange for free Delorean parking. We will be parking in the area around the Hilton near the convention center. Its a little bit farther (about 200-500 feet) but its free for DeLoreans. It will be patroled by security and the area is only for our DeLoreans.

dvonk
06-30-2011, 02:58 PM
awesome, i was just now able to book an additional night! thanks guys for saving me $70! :biggrin:

i look forward to finally meeting everyone in person!

kkoncelik
06-30-2011, 03:02 PM
OK
The way the rooms are set up we review rooms reservations on Monday's
The block outside the event days allow for you to stay additional nights but I have no way to know how many nights you want or how far out so there are 5 rooms to each day outside the normal block until they are gone. On Monday we review and if they are gone we can and do add more to the outside dates. If you call and there are no rooms just e-mail me or call me and I will add more as long as they are avail.

So please register soon remember Memphis sold out in 30 days at the Heartbreak hotel and Flordia is different so if you procrastinate you will not have a room at the Hilton. This place will book up very quick with or without our show.

Based on the economy two years ago when we did the contract (Just after Gettysburg) the cost of gas was almost $4.50 and things were not well so I will admit I under booked this one and am very conservative so please book now and if we fill out fast enough I may be able to get some more.

And thank you to those of you who did book.
It also makes it easier for me to plan if I know you are coming in advance. Remember Lexington I had over 100 reservations the last weekend. So some things were not done that we may have been able to do like inviting a few more guests. That cannot be done last minute.

As the previous person wrote the room rates without the discount are almost $200 a night.

I got you a good deal so for those of you that take advantage of it Please enjoy this is a great hotel.

Like to hear from the Locals if you have some input.

This is one of the most sought after resorts in the area because of its location to downtown Disney. So book today. One night downpayment is required.

Ken

kkoncelik
06-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Ken, I know its early in the game but I know I speak for every DeLorean enthusiast when I say I really appreciate you for all of your hard work in putting the show together again. These shows are always a lot of fun and I always look forward to attending them. Thanks again!

Sometimes you don't know how much a comment like this is appreciated.
thank you

Ken

Rich W
06-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the details Ken.

I will be working on my projects (and the transport vehicles and trailers)
over the next 4 days, but I will give you a call next week after July 4th.

Tomorrow will be a challenge, with 100 degree heat expected, but I need
to get some work done, in advance of the Woodward Dream Cruise 2011.

I hope to have at least one or two of my works-in-progress at Woodward.

Later,
Rich W.

Ashyukun
07-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Reservation made. I wish I knew more about my plans to know whether I should reserve days on either side or not, but that would/will heavily depend on whether I'm there on my own or if my GF comes along (hopefully she will) and other factors. But, regardless I'm locked in for the duration of the show. :)

And this time hopefully I'll be there with a fully-assembled car- since it will have to have driven there from here in Kentucky. :P

TheDon
07-07-2011, 10:52 PM
I'll be there seeing as its 10 miles from my house. Let me know what you need as far as help.

Ashyukun
07-07-2011, 11:42 PM
I'll be there seeing as its 10 miles from my house. Let me know what you need as far as help.
Heh, you'll be in the same situation as I was last year when it was 5 miles from my house. Though hopefully not scrambling to get a car running in time for it though like I was... :P

Lenny
07-08-2011, 09:33 AM
I've stayed there twice so far this year and will be there again for a conference the 2nd week of August for 4 nights. I live on the west coast near Clearwater so it's only a 2 hour drive.

I can't take my Delorean I have to much crap to take.

I really like this hotel, it is right across the street from downtown disney. If anyone needs anything or has any questions let me know.

Farrar
07-08-2011, 10:12 PM
I'll be staying in Altamonte. Looking forward to meeting you. I'll have to wear something distinctive so y'all can recognize me. Maybe a top hat if it's not too hot.

Farrar

Dracula
07-08-2011, 10:16 PM
I'll be staying in Altamonte. Looking forward to meeting you. I'll have to wear something distinctive so y'all can recognize me. Maybe a top hat if it's not too hot.

Farrar

That's MY headwear. I just need to find a place that can fix the band in it.

dvonk
07-08-2011, 11:49 PM
haha, awesome. are you going, Chad?
(too lazy to re-read entire thread to check...)

Dracula
07-08-2011, 11:56 PM
haha, awesome. are you going, Chad?
(too lazy to re-read entire thread to check...)

Yes, I will be and I don't blame you for not reading it to see. Like some others, I won't be staying at the hotel. They can say whatever they want about that, but, when it gets right down to it, I can afford to drive the car there if I stay with a nearby friend instead. So, which is better: staying at the hotel and supporting the show in that regard or supporting the show by volunteering to help and bringing another DeLorean?

In this economy, you have to save all the money you can.

Now, the only question is whether to bring the DeLorean or the Bricklin.

dvonk
07-09-2011, 12:02 AM

if i only had such a dilemma... :)

Farrar
07-09-2011, 09:52 AM
That's MY headwear. I just need to find a place that can fix the band in it.

Well, my other choices are fedora, homburg, and bowler... fortunately they're all black so they go with anything. :)

Farrar

john 05141
07-14-2011, 05:38 AM
I'll be there in 2012!!
I went to Gettysburg with the idea do at least attend one DCS. I just have to come again, and Orlando can be flown direct from Brussels... after 10 hours of flight.

John

sean
07-14-2011, 07:55 AM
FYI, I asked Ken if the show was doing group tickets to Disney or Universal and he said no but suggested some brokers to use. If you guys are interested in good deals on tickets I HIGHLY recommend www.undercovertourist.com (http://www.undercovertourist.com/) All their prices are below Disney and the other brokers and include free shipping and taxes. They have some great deals going on for all the parks.

Malevy
07-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Yes, I will be and I don't blame you for not reading it to see. Like some others, I won't be staying at the hotel. They can say whatever they want about that, but, when it gets right down to it, I can afford to drive the car there if I stay with a nearby friend instead. So, which is better: staying at the hotel and supporting the show in that regard or supporting the show by volunteering to help and bringing another DeLorean?

In this economy, you have to save all the money you can.

Speaking for MYSELF here, not Ken or the show-

What you are saying is "I am going to let the people staying at the hotel subsidize my time at DCS". We are DeLorean owners, this is not a cheap hobby. Although I realize (and welcome) the large diversity of owners I am against the "socialism" of how the shows have been run.

This is a CONVENTION, and many conventions require you stay at the host hotel. I continue to pressure Ken to have this requirement, but as an alternative I have been pushing Ken to significantly increase the "Registration fee" for the show, then provide a deep discount to people staying at the host hotel.

Dracula (Chad?), you brag about all the vehicles you own in your SIG, then wonder out loud which car to bring? Is the extra $200-$300 really going to break you?

Irregardless of my person feelings on people looking to have their convention time subsidized, it is important to point out that your enjoyment will be significantly impacted (negatively) by NOT staying at the host hotel. While we are all enjoying the planned activities, you will be sitting in traffic trying to get to the show.

Farrar
07-19-2011, 11:48 AM

Thank goodness for that.

I am very glad that Ken doesn't believe that anyone in the Orlando area staying at their own house is a lazy-ass freeloader who will choose the comforts of home over a hotel room for the sole purpose of having fun on someone else's dime for a weekend. :rolleyes1:

Farrar

Malevy
07-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Thank goodness for that.

I am very glad that Ken doesn't believe that anyone in the Orlando area staying at their own house is a lazy-ass freeloader who will choose the comforts of home over a hotel room for the sole purpose of having fun on someone else's dime for a weekend. :rolleyes1:

Farrar

I did not realize New Orleans was commuting distance to Orlando. :biggrin:

It is not Ken's fault the convention space is linked to rooms being sold. This is how the industry works. However, Ken and I disagree on how to deal with this problem in a equitable way.. Such that people staying at the hotel are not subsidizing those that don't (Even if the reason is, they live close enough to go home).

Farrar
07-19-2011, 12:17 PM
I did not realize New Orleans was commuting distance to Orlando. :biggrin:

Well, you know ... extended vacation, prospective in-laws, father's day cookout... yadda yadda.

Actually, it's about 11 hours -- I did the trip this past weekend and it's not bad at all, especially with plenty of iced coffee available. :)

Ken and I disagree on how to deal with this problem in a equitable way.

The trick is that word "equitable." There can never be a 100% fair system for a number of reasons. The farther someone lives away, the more expensive it is for them to get there, either in terms of air fare or DeLorean food. Then there's hotel cost. But the show takes place in a different location each time, which I think is probably the fairest way of doing it. In my opinion, every aspect of the show is an expected expense -- the location of each show is announced well enough in advance for people to figure out how much it will cost them to get there, the fees don't change that much from year to year, and -- this is what I do -- if you factor in the normal cost of a hotel room, then the DCS discount gives your budget some nice wiggle room when it is announced.

Anyway, that's my two cents. :shrug: I'll see y'all there, and I promise not to eat anyone else's food. ;-)

Farrar

07-19-2011, 12:27 PM
... Irregardless of my person feelings...

I'm not sure if you meant to use the word "regardless," as "irregardless" really isn't a proper word. However your usage, I'm sure my comment will spark a debate with you on the subject!

I think you meant to say "Regardless of my personal feelings..." but hey, I ain't no English teacher. :biggrin:

Malevy
07-19-2011, 12:55 PM
The trick is that word "equitable." There can never be a 100% fair system for a number of reasons. The farther someone lives away, the more expensive it is for them to get there, either in terms of air fare or DeLorean food. Then there's hotel cost. But the show takes place in a different location each time, which I think is probably the fairest way of doing it.

Location being a factor in equability is a stretch. Convention space is funded by hotel room sales. If someone is not paying for a hotel room, they are not paying their "fair share" of the convention space. How is the expense of an individuals travel to the show fall in to the category of "shared expense" for the show?

I'm not sure if you meant to use the word "regardless,"

Are you bored Josh? :cool1:

dvonk
07-19-2011, 01:04 PM
im more than willing to pay my share of hotel fees for the opportunity of a DeLorean convention... and who else would do all this work to make it happen? thanks Ken and all involved in the planning! :aniclap:

Dracula
07-19-2011, 01:32 PM

What you are saying is "I am going to let the people staying at the hotel subsidize my time at DCS". We are DeLorean owners, this is not a cheap hobby. Although I realize (and welcome) the large diversity of owners I am against the "socialism" of how the shows have been run.

This is a CONVENTION, and many conventions require you stay at the host hotel. I continue to pressure Ken to have this requirement, but as an alternative I have been pushing Ken to significantly increase the "Registration fee" for the show, then provide a deep discount to people staying at the host hotel.

Dracula (Chad?), you brag about all the vehicles you own in your SIG, then wonder out loud which car to bring? Is the extra $200-$300 really going to break you?

Irregardless of my person feelings on people looking to have their convention time subsidized, it is important to point out that your enjoyment will be significantly impacted (negatively) by NOT staying at the host hotel. While we are all enjoying the planned activities, you will be sitting in traffic trying to get to the show.

Marc,
I realize that most of the show time is filled with planned events, but a lot of them don't really interest me or I've already seen them. The reason I go to tthe show is to talk to the friends I've made in the community and see what solutions others have come up with to the challenges of ownership.

Not to be another one to play the economy card, but it's a long drive from Wisconsin to Florida and one that requires me to have to use AC for all of the trip. That comes out to around 1,300 miles to drive. At 22 MPG for a two-passenger, fully crammed DeLorean, I can expect to pay over $235.00 to get there if gas stays at an average of $4.00 a gallon for premium. The convention, if you register for two, is not cheap, either, and tended to be around $300.00 for two people. Then, since it's a 21-hour drive to get there in the first place, you have to add in another $100.00 for a hotel room and, excluding meals, I'm already into the show for $635.00 before the hotel room. If I average your number for room cost, then I get $250.00 and bring my total for the event to $885.00 for the weekend. Most of those costs cannot be helped, but, I can save myself some money by staying with a friend who graciously offered me a room for no additional charge. Due to the times, I actually have to sell some of my vehicles and, cars aside, I live an extremely frugal life on a budget. I don't drink, smoke, gamble, wear trendy clothes, or spend money on anything but cars. I get annoyed with people assuming that just because I own a lot of cars, that I have an immense amount of spending money or that I'm rich. Most of the cars I own are sub-$5,000.00 vehicles and I've spent years collecting them, so, to say that because I have a lot of cars is a reason that I shouldn't look for ways to save money, when possible, is rather insulting.

I also disagree that my enjoyment of the show will be impacted in the least. Maybe my sleep or personal comfort for some moments, but not my enjoyment. I attend to talk to fellow owners and be in the company of people with a shared passion, which I could easily do without registering instead. However, I show my support by registering and I figured that, since I dislike nearly everything affiliated with Disney and that the hotel will sell out regardless, I can save my money there and take a slightly longer vacation by staying with good friends and visiting with them as well. It's like if there were ever to be a DCS in Milwaukee and I chose to commute the 30 minutes home every night, would you fault me? I also don't see such a condemnation of those who live in the immediate area of the hotel not staying there; some dissuasion, but nothing as direct. While I don't live there, a good friend does and he offered up a place to stay so that I can have a longer, more cost-effective vacation. Am I wrong for wanting to stretch my money as far as I can these days?

sean
07-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Playing the :devil:'s advocate:

Chad, if it cost you an additional 100-200 to register for the event b/c you chose not to stay in the host hotel, would you still come?

Marc, would this 100-200 really give Ken any more convention space?

Malevy
07-19-2011, 02:24 PM
I get annoyed with people assuming that just because I own a lot of cars, that I have an immense amount of spending money or that I'm rich. Most of the cars I own are sub-$5,000.00 vehicles and I've spent years collecting them, so, to say that because I have a lot of cars is a reason that I shouldn't look for ways to save money, when possible, is rather insulting.

I assure you, I meant no insult by it. I was not using the criteria of your car ownership to determine your wealth, this is something that I have been victim of too and agree it is unfair. My point was, This convention is a luxury item, just like the cars. While I would gladly accept "free money" in the form of subsidizing my car hobby, it is just not there... so, I am not a bit fan of subsidizing others (no matter their financial position). My point is, I make no assumptions about anyone's financial situation, it is irrelevant, All I am saying is I don't want to subsidize others.

As an aside, why would you consider driving the Bricklin if cost is a factor? The DMC will get much better gas mileage. FWIW, there are even less expensive ways of getting to the show if your attendance is for the sole purpose of socializing.

I also disagree that my enjoyment of the show will be impacted in the least.

Of the 8 DCS events I have been to (all of them), most who have not stayed at the primary hotel have been disappointed. So much so that after Pheasant Run we had to find larger facilities such that we did not need "overflow hotels".

... and that the hotel will sell out regardless, I can save my money there and take a slightly longer vacation by staying with good friends and visiting with them as well.

The hotel WILL sell out, but if those rooms are not sold to the show we get less (or pay for more) convention space. Cost for convention space (under the historical DCS model) is payed for by the people who book hotel rooms... Which is why I have proposed that cost be distributed amongst all of the attendees, no matter where they sleep.

It's like if there were ever to be a DCS in Milwaukee and I chose to commute the 30 minutes home every night, would you fault me? I also don't see such a condemnation of those who live in the immediate area of the hotel not staying there; some dissuasion, but nothing as direct. While I don't live there, a good friend does and he offered up a place to stay so that I can have a longer, more cost-effective vacation. Am I wrong for wanting to stretch my money as far as I can these days?

Nope, I don't find fault with any of that.. All I am saying is you should have to kick in a few extra $$ to cover your portion of the convention space.. This is the ongoing discussion with Ken about a higher registration charge for people not staying at the hotel.

The contracts are written such that we guarantee the facility we will sell a designated number of room/nights (at a discount). In exchange for DCS accepting responsibility for those rooms, the hotel gives us an agreed amount of square footage of convention space. They will let us rent more space (at a significant cost), and are also willing to renegotiate the agreement if we sell more rooms. That is the goal right now, sell as many rooms as possible (as soon as possible) so we can renegotiate for even more rooms at a discount AND have more "free" convention space.

As it stands now, the bulk of the cars will have to be outside.. It would be great if we could get more indoor space (they have it available, but it will cost).

At the point where Ken opens up show registration (still a few months away), he may have options for charging higher fees and use that money to rent additional convention space from the hotel. But, to give Ken the most flexibility to keep costs down and negotiate better with the hotel WE NEED TO SELL ROOMS.

I have not seen a current count of how many rooms have been sold, but I know we were off to a decent start the first week. Typically there is a early rush, then it dies down for a few months. Then, in the last week before the show people are begging Ken for a room... It just will not happen this time, there will be no spare rooms at the last minute. We sold 100 rooms in Lexington the last week, good thing too because the show would have had to pay for them (we did have to pay for a few that were not sold)... Same thing happened in Gettysburg,which is why we have so FEW rooms reserved in Orlando. That is why I say again, there will be NO last minute rooms!!! Those people will be forced to book at other hotels, which is why I'd like to see Ken charge those people higher registration fees, so we can use that money to rent additional convention space.

sean
07-19-2011, 02:36 PM
The contracts are written such that we guarantee the facility we will sell a designated number of room/nights (at a discount). In exchange for DCS accepting responsibility for those rooms, the hotel gives us an agreed amount of square footage of convention space. They will let us rent more space (at a significant cost), and are also willing to renegotiate the agreement if we sell more rooms. That is the goal right now, sell as many rooms as possible (as soon as possible) so we can renegotiate for even more rooms at a discount AND have more "free" convention space.

So the cost of convention space is directly related to the number of rooms we fill?(playing dumb here) and if we dont fill rooms it WILL cost more to rent the space and our registration fee is set by how much, in part, the convention space costs. If I have all this correct why would ken not add a small registration fee increase for those not utilizing the host hotel to offset the difference? I know you're not Ken but it seems fair to me.

Farrar
07-19-2011, 02:44 PM
How does the expense of an individual's travel to the show fall in to the category of "shared expense" for the show?

It doesn't; I was just saying that by its very nature, the convention always costs some people more to attend than others. Therefore, it is impossible to have attendance cost the same for everyone.

A charge for people who don't stay at the hotel sounds reasonable to me, as long as it isn't outrageous. In tribute to Marc, we can call it the "freeloader penalty." ;)

Farrar

Malevy
07-19-2011, 02:48 PM
So the cost of convention space is directly related to the number of rooms we fill?(playing dumb here) and if we dont fill rooms it WILL cost more to rent the space and our registration fee is set by how much, in part, the convention space costs.

I don't know how "direct" it is.. The correlation is more based on how Ken structures the cost of the show as it related to the contract with the facility.

Currently, we are getting an agreed amount of convention space (I don't remember the number), that is based on selling a specific (current small) number of rooms. If for some reason we do NOT sell all of those rooms, the show is "on the hook" for those rooms. DCS pays the hotel for unused rooms, and we get the agreed convention space.

SO, a few things can happen-

Scenario one (Preferred); We sell out all of the rooms in the next few weeks. Ken then goes back to the hotel and renegotiates the contract adding additional rooms (hopefully at the same discount, but doubtful) and more "free" convention space.

Scenario two; Ken rent's more convention space outright from the hotel (Expensive) and registration fees are increased to cover it (distribution of those fees is still in question).

Scenario three; We work with the limited convention space we have... Putting MOST cars outside. (BTW, people not staying at the hotel with their DeLorean will be paying additional for parking).

If I have all this correct why would ken not add a small registration fee increase for those not utilizing the host hotel to offset the difference? I know you're not Ken but it seems fair to me.

This is what I have proposed to Ken. He seems more open to the idea this year than he has been in the past (I have suggested this many times before). I have also suggested he ask the vendors to kick in a bit more cash.. They sell a lot of stuff at DCS, and I think they could afford to at least pay for the space they are using.

Dracula
07-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Playing the :devil:'s advocate:

Chad, if it cost you an additional 100-200 to register for the event b/c you chose not to stay in the host hotel, would you still come?

Then I may just drive down there the same time, mingle with people outside and not attend the formal events. No matter what, this will be an expensive convention to attend for me and I wouldn't bother to attend if I didn't drive because: 1. I hate air travel. 2. It's a CAR SHOW and I go to talk about the car with owners of the car; if I don't bring mine, it defeats the entire purpose.

As an aside, why would you consider driving the Bricklin if cost is a factor? The DMC will get much better gas mileage. FWIW, there are even less expensive ways of getting to the show if your attendance is for the sole purpose of socializing.

I don't know the fuel economy of the Bricklin, fully encumbered, yet to gauge whether or not it would be more cost-effective in terms of fuel. If I can get the same fuel economy with the AC running, I may be able to get better fuel economy out of it by turning off the AC and rolling down the windows. There's also the transmission factor; the Bricklin has an AT, which is far more pleasant for driving in any form of traffic, which I would expect to encounter at this event. I have no idea how close the DeLorean will be to needing a new clutch prior to then or, especially, after.

Malevy
07-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Ken sent this to the DML on July 11... Reposting here as a FYI-

Hello
Just and update

We have reserved 150 rooms for three nights plus of course the satellite nights.
This comes to around 500 room nights.

So far there have been 57 individuals that have booked with the average stay at the 3 nights per during the three days. So I guess you like Disney.
Making it so far approximately 180 room nights gone. The people that help me with the show are booked seperate and they come to 42 room nights.
So this oficially puts us over half way there to the number we have reserved.
Not bad :-)

Again if you want a room I highly suggest you book it now as the main hotel outside our block is also filling up fast so when we sell out of rooms we may not be able to get more.

At this point there is no question in my mind this will easily sell out its more of a question of when.

Thanks for your support.

Ken

Malevy
07-25-2011, 11:04 AM
Follow DCS on Twitter (http://twitter.com/deloreancarshow)

Join DCS on FaceBook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeLorean-Car-Show/38422644022?ref=ts)

john 05141
08-10-2011, 03:43 AM
Just a tought, those of us who visit this forum know each other by their forum nick - names. We communicate so often, and we might walk by one another at the DCS without knowing you've been chatting with this person, because you do not know who they are.
Would be great to wear a T-shirt on for example saturday just mentioning your DMCtalk name on your back. It may be a big :what_the: for those not on the forum , but great for those on this forum.
I would not mind to pay for such a T-shirt. Maybe DCS can be of any help here and distribute them while registering, just adding the price of the shirt to the registration.

Jan Indekeu alias John 05141:thankyou:

Bitsyncmaster
08-10-2011, 04:41 AM
Just a tought, those of us who visit this forum know each other by their forum nick - names. We communicate so often, and we might walk by one another at the DCS without knowing you've been chatting with this person, because you do not know who they are.
Would be great to wear a T-shirt on for example saturday just mentioning your DMCtalk name on your back. It may be a big :what_the: for those not on the forum , but great for those on this forum.
I would not mind to pay for such a T-shirt. Maybe DCS can be of any help here and distribute them while registering, just adding the price of the shirt to the registration.

Jan Indekeu alias John 05141:thankyou:

The shirt is a good idea. My last two DCS shows, I put my user name on my show badge.

Malevy
08-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Posted to the DML;

As of today we passed the 50% level for rooms at the Hilton
Actually we flew past the 50% level and are at 55%
Again please room register as soon as you can
It looks from what I am seeing that we are going to have a larger than expected turnout for the show so in order for me to get more rooms I need to sell these out or we will run out of rooms probably by Jan as we did at some of the other shows like Chicago and Memphis.
This fall we will update the web page with the guests and schedule as of now there are a lot of things in the works but its a bit premature to put them down.

Again thanks for your support and please room register
Ken

sean
08-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Posted to the DML;

Folks need to get 'em now while they can!

Lenny
08-14-2011, 09:22 PM
I'd like to see a session on adding LED's to your delorean at DCS 2012. Show start to finish dash to brakes and if they want a car to work on I'll voulenteer mine :yesss:

john 05141
08-16-2011, 06:29 AM
Anyone knows if the Delorean prototype will apprear at DCS?

John

Malevy
08-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Ken posted to the DML;

The hotel has 144 room nights left.
Assuming that most people take three nights that would be 48 sets of rooms left.
Not bad.
So basically there are enough rooms for 50 more guests then we need to get more.
Other than Memphis and Chicago this event is filling up faster than most so I thank those that have room registered.
If you have not please do soon,
We are averaging about 5 reservations (17 room nights) per week at this point so if you are thinking about procrastinating until next spring I can pretty much assure you that the rooms will be gone.

We are going to update the web page in a week or so with some new information and some new graphics.

When you do register please use the rooms code that is on the web page so that the car show gets credit and you get the discount.
I have had a few people say they did not get the rate promised and we found out they did not use the rooms codes.

Thats it for now hope you all enjoyed the summer
Ken

john 05141
08-26-2011, 04:58 AM
HOTEL BOOKED!!!! YIHAAAA!!!

We're going, and I am so glad I will attend yet another DSC since Gettysburg. High speed train from Brussels to Paris (1 hour 10min.) and Air France direct to Orlando 9 hours..

There is only one big disadvantage.... 10 months waiting..... :wiggle: But I am very very much looking forward.

Still I'm trying to figure out a way us friends from DMCtalk can recognize one another. Writing it on your card is too small.
John

john 05141
08-31-2011, 05:45 AM
And flight booked!! Those of you going there from overseas, the price wen up about 100€ in 2 weeks time. You do not want to wait too long to get the flight booked.

Just a rental car and the registration and we're all set tik.tak.tik.tak......

John

Delorean02378
09-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Made my reservations tonight. Looking forward to the event.

Kirk

kkoncelik
10-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Just got back from the DMC open house in Texas,
Weather was great
got dizzy on the mechanical bull thank to Tony spinning me around 6 times after that I just fell off :goatee:
It was a great event loved the track.
Thanks all

Now back to DCS 2012

Registration for the hotel is on.
Go to the deloreancarshow.com web page get the confirmation number and reserve your room. As of this time 73% of the rooms are taken so there are about 48 rooms (x 3 nights) left. Based on past show history these will be gone by Jan.

I will try to get more rooms but cannot guarentee the $129 rate so if you want to go and I encourage you to stay at the Hilton so you don't miss anything ( AND remember I am warning you of Downtown Disney traffic around 4-6pm) PLEASE REGISTER NOW

The show registration will begin in November around Thanksgiving as usual.

So far we are doing well in filling up the show.
We will have Stephen Wynne as one of the guest speakers and Tony will bring Proto 1
Rich W will bring the DeLorean Limo and possibly other cars from his collection.

Some of the regulars will be there and we are working on other new guests as well.
They will be posted as we get them confirmed.

We again have a raffle car
Vin 16559
It is a black interior w light gray carpet like my car and it is one of the undercoated cars so the undercarriage is in great shape.
The car only has 5069 miles on it. ( It will have a few more miles on it as I drive it throughout the year.)

Today is the kick off for the show.

I have a request for how to LED your DeLorean.
Anyone out there want to run this
Am looking for someone that has done this that can run this seminar.
Looking for how to and where to get the stuff.

If you have any ideas I am open to it
Ken

Lenny
10-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Just got back from the DMC open house in Texas,
I have a request for how to LED your DeLorean.
Anyone out there want to run this
Am looking for someone that has done this that can run this seminar.
Looking for how to and where to get the stuff.

If you have any ideas I am open to it
Ken

Dave aka Bitsyncmaster Where Are You and Your Car? This sounds right up your alley I would love to see what you have done to your car and how you did it. :worship:

If you need a car to use a demo, :smile: mine is available :smile: and I'll pay for all the parts.

sean
10-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Now back to DCS 2012

Ken,

Any idea when show registration will open? The website states "Registration for DCS 2012 will open in early 2011."

Malevy
10-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Only 598 raffle tickets left!! Get them while they are hot! :tongue2:

http://www.robomerchant.net/deloreancarshow/cart.php?target=category&category_id=63

Renee_1632
10-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Finally booked! :D Rumor is on facebook there's only a few rooms left, at least at the guaranteed discount price. (I heard 5, but then I booked mine, and I heard others did too)

I'm also curious with what Sean mentioned...maybe they meant early 2012?

TTait
10-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Would be funny to see the cops face when 50 Ds go flying by at 80 MPH.8)

Better, one at a time the last car in the caravan gets to crank it up to 110+ on the freeway till he/she reaches the head of the line.

If the police show up, everyone changes lanes 3 times, 81's pass 2 cars each, 82s slow down to 10mph below the speed limit and 83s slow down to 5 below the limit... lets see if a florida trooper can tell which D he caught speeding in a group of 75 cars... There is NO way anyone can get a ticket in that group Have at it!

Malevy
10-19-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm also curious with what Sean mentioned...maybe they meant early 2012?

It was just a place holder. Registration typically opens up in November, the weekend of Thanksgiving. This year we hope to have it open a week or so before that.

stevedmc
10-19-2011, 11:35 PM
I've got my room booked too. $435 is a lot of money for white trash like me. Now I just need 3 room mates and it will be just like my younger days in the trailer park.

whocruiser
10-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Got mine now too, so that's 3 room nights less still remaining on the books before the current room block at current pricing runs out. Get 'em now or pay more later, if you even can later...

Iznodmad
10-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Finally made mine too. Only thing that I am concerned about is they told me the parking rate fees. I told her that our parking was supposed to be included (free) and her response was that it is not what is in the computer system now. Do the powers that be know any more about this parking issue? We do have free health club though.

john 05141
10-24-2011, 04:25 AM
I am actually not sure yet if I will be better off getting a rental car with all the costs involved incl the parking at the hotel or use public transportation. It all happens at the hotel and parks can be visited using shuttles.

John

Lenny
10-24-2011, 09:07 PM
I thought we were going to have free parking for our cars.

kkoncelik
10-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Again please if you have questions ask me first or go by what I have printed in previous posts.

Parking at the Hilton Most people at the desk will NOT know about it since its a specific event.
If you drive a DeLorean we have a special parking lot at the Hotel that is FREE.

If you Drive a car Hauler we have a place in the back for you and it is a seperate lot.

If You drive anything else parking is $10 for general or you can have Valet parking.

Hope this clears things up.

The hotel provides transportation to and from the parks
And Disney provides transportation to anywhere on their property from Downtown Disney. (Note to get to the parks from Downtown Disney or vise versa you must first go to one of the resorts)

kkoncelik
10-25-2011, 09:55 AM
The raffle car is alive and well and tickets are available at the Delorean car show web page
www.deloreancarshow.com click on store and then click on raffle car.
There is one picture up now but you can see that the car is in good condition.
We are going to give it a once over this Thursday and Hope to get more pictures up.
This is one of the cleaner cars I have bought. It should with 5069 miles on it. A few items like headliner and some interior parts exposed to sunlight need replacing.
We are going to do the standard replace fuel system, battery, flush lines, replace headliners and struts to freshen up the car but as of now I see no major items that are in need of repair. The car looks nice and the body is pretty good.
Few small dings that are from storage that will be repaired.
Worse pannel is the bonnet as stuff was stored on it and it has some scratches and a few dings but we should be able to fix that without too much problem.
Other stainless panels are perfect and look like they have never been touched.
This car when we are done should be close to the quality of the last raffle car.
The undercarriage is above average. It is one of the undercoated frames and with low mileage has not seen much weather so its looking good.

There are 600 tickets and they are already moving pretty fast.
Remember last year we listed the car late like in April and sold out in May so we do not expect any tickets to be around by the time the show arrives so if you want a tickets I urge you to buy it well before the show.

Due to having the raffle car we are bringing a special item that has not been to any show so far from Ireland. It will be at the show for your enjoyment.

Thanks for your support.
Ken

kkoncelik
10-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks to DMCH and their open house we have been able to get the word out about the show at Orlando and the hotel booking has been great.
The room counts have gone up as we are filling up pretty quickly at this point.
I have in a request for 20 more rooms x the three nights or 60 room nights more and am waiting for the response. So we are close enough for me to say that the original block of rooms is nearing being sold out.
The next block I am negotiating and I do not know what rate they will be.
If we get them they will not be avail until all of this block is gone and I expect that to be about Nov 15th if we sell rooms at the rate they have been going the last few months.
So if you want to lock in the $129 room rate for sure you know what to do.
The economy is aparently a bit better than last show and when I booked this show I was very conservative because of the economy so I apoligize for that but I cannot get stuck with rooms as the show cannot afford that.
We are doing our best.

See you in Orlando
Ken

Rich W
10-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Hey Ken,

I may have cleaned out the rest of the original block of rooms tonight.
Booked 3 more rooms for 4 nights (12 room nights), so that may be it.

Planning on 2 or 3 transport vehicles with trailers, depending on timing
of the completion or near completion of a few D projects by next June.

Looks like one or more projects may be displayed as Works-in-Progress
but I hope to at least have the exteriors complete (for the photo ops).

Later,
Rich W.

Delorean Industries
10-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Ken, I sent you an email but I'm not sure if I have a current address. Need to know details and space options for vendor space. Thanks!

kkoncelik
10-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi
Rich you definately helped get us closer but there are still some rooms left.
Talked to the hotel and right now they are not releasing more rooms to me yet
We have a meeting with them on the 15th when I will be down in Florida.
They are however booking up fast.
Remember this is a resort and the hotel usually fills up 6 months in advance on some dates.
So far so good though I think we may be down to less than 30 rooms at this point and I did add 27 room nights about a month ago that were the same price. Indication now is that they want more for the next set.

AS far as room for the vendors. We have both inside and outside room.
The convention center is 18,500 sq ft what we have secured. We may get more if numbers go up. But outside there is a hall way and on the outside is a patio that is about 150 feet long and 30 feet wide. So we have both indoor and outdoor space for vendors. IF it rains we will all be indoors.
I am going to ask Danny Botkins to monitor the spaces needed so in a few weeks let me know what you need.

This show is looking very promising. I must say afer the dropping of rooms in Gettysburg when gas hit $4.50 a gallon and the lower turnout in Lexington that was expected again with a soft economy things are looking pretty good for this show so I think people are getting back on their feet and willing to participate again in events like the DCS so thank you and I will do my best to deliver another great show.

Ken

Chris Burns
10-30-2011, 08:15 PM
How much is it to register for DCS?

DeloreanJoshQ
11-09-2011, 10:19 AM
I decided to book a room last night and, after my reservation, was told there are two more double rooms left and an undisclosed amount of king rooms left.

First Question: Does anyone know how to get ahold of discounted tickets to Disney for the Friday of DCS? It would greatly help out on the total trip cost with this valuable information.

Second Question: Is there anyone from Ohio or (surrounding area) planning or interested in driving their Delorean down to Orlando for a possible caravan? Otherwise, a 2.5 hour plane trip sounds good to me....

Demo/Tech Session Request: Regraining/blending/cleaning/aligning stainless steel panels and how to remove dings. This is an art that I would love to learn how to do.

Comment for Ken: I can't wait to see more pictures of the raffle car. I am glad you chose the late-style black interior/5-speed option; I hope to see it at Dave Bauerle's shop before the show like the last car:). Even though I went crazy on tickets last year and now luckily have my own car, I still plan on buying a few to support the cause and get a chance at owning my favorite optioned Delorean.

I can't wait to see all the DCS2010ers again and meet the rest of you that I haven't met who have helped me on DMCTalk in June!

Josh Q

sean
11-09-2011, 10:38 AM
First Question: Does anyone know how to get ahold of discounted tickets to Disney for the Friday of DCS? It would greatly help out on the total trip cost with this valuable information.

This guy has some great rates for multiple days posted, could call about a single day ticket:
http://www.undercovertourist.com/

kkoncelik
11-09-2011, 09:57 PM
OK I go to Disney a lot.
The best bet today is at Billy Boys.
Don't go to Billyboys.com that is another site that ripped off the name
here is the web page and all the price combinations
http://www.greatorlandodiscounts.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=96
I have it on the price list.
The 10 day premium parkhopper, non expiring and 10 events is the best ticket.
you get 20 days of disney fun 10 in the parks and 10 at the water park or disney quest and I think some of the shows at pleasure island.
by far this is the best deal. If you don't want this many days then look for what works.
CAUTION: if you check out the example I gave you its $542 you can get the same package without being a park hopper for the same price so READ what you are getting.
Tickets can be mailed or picked up.
Its on Irlo Bronson
take 535 from the hotel to 192 Irlo Bronson make a left and its about a half mile down on the left just across from the old mideival showplace now closed.
This is where I get my tickets at. or Just call and ask.
They have tickets for all attractions and parks. The more days you buy the more you save. A three day pass is about $300 so add $250 to that and get 7 more days and 10 events. Price goes from almost $100 per day to about $28 per day.
One ticket one person its is fingerprint ID.
That just started working this past summer although they have had it since 2008.
Hope this helps

kkoncelik
11-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Today was active on the DML. Rumors and an oops but all is back to normal.
PLEASE listen to my posts here and on the web page and on the DML.
IF something changes I will tell you. If the post is not from me then don't take it as gospel.
1. We are now at the 90% sold out of our first block.
2. Today they said there are more rooms avail but until my block completely sells out they will not give me the price of more rooms. I will try to keep the $129 but there is no guarentee. Rooms for the other events are at $149 so if you delay you could be paying more. Some of you found this out today. This does help me for early registration it gets me more information to plan so if nothing else please help me plan the best event I can.
3. Delorean Parking is free.
4. Plenty of trailer parking and as of today it is FREE as well (DESK PEOPLE WILL NOT KNOW THIS TRUST ME IT WILL COME UP AGAIN)
5. Raffle car tickets are on sale in the DCS store. They are moving nice.
6. Registration for the show will be opening in a few days. It is done. Prices are the same as the last show. AS soon as Cliff gets back he will activate it so it should be shortly. You guys will probably know before me LOL
7. We posted more raffle car pictures at the store. Click more details to see the photos
notice the nice clean epoxy frame. Even the color is not discolored.

OK all is going well we are going to be above what I anticipated and that should be a bit more than Lexington so again thank you for helping me make this show a success.
All of your support is appreciated.

KEN

john 05141
11-10-2011, 02:58 AM
I'd like to see a blending and regraining demonstration too.

John

Lenny
11-10-2011, 09:36 AM
I vote for the LCD demos of how to replace the dash lights. I'd even buy them if we had a vendor.

I'd like to see the following:
1. Replace the lights the speedometer and tach lights, step by step removing the parts of the dash, replace the lights, and replace the parts of the dash.
2. Replace the lights behind the AC, Fan, indicators, etc.
3. Brake lights
4. Interior lights
5. Back Up lights

And as before I volunteer my car as the guinea pig :yesss:

Rich W
11-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi Ken,

Just to be clear, the free trailer parking is for trailers and tow vehicles, correct?

I do not plan on driving the transport vehicles (trucks and RV's) and they will
remain attached to the trailers the entire time they are parked during the event.

Tow vehicles with trailers will be in the range of 50ft to 65ft, depending upon
the final configuration(s) that I decide to drive down for DCS 2012.

Thanks,
Rich W.

kkoncelik
11-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Just leave the truck attached to the trailer if you park it seperate in a different lot you would pay.
They are used to big rigs 18 wheeler stuff so what you have is not a problem.
I'll see if we can demo one of your cars for the weekend instead of just highlighting it on Saturday.
We may be able to park it at the entrance I will check

As far as the LED display there is a seminar on that it should already be on the schedule I thought I updated that a while ago.

As far as the graining DMC Houston did that at their open house.
I can ask if they would do it in Florida.
I do it in Cincinnati as well but I think I will be a bit busy to do it for the show.
Good idea

Any more ideas
We are open to them

PS
When it was DMC Talk someone made a list of things they wanted to see.
It was about 13 or 15 items.
A great list I was working off of but when DMC talk went down I did not save a hard copy and I was just referring to the web.
Does anyone have the list I would really appreciate it.
Probably one of the best list I have seen over the years and I was not happy to have lost it.
Thanks
Ken

DeloreanJoshQ
11-10-2011, 09:58 PM
-Is Chris Nicholson going to be at DCS2012?
-I believe there were some speakers that were suggested, but that have been at past DCS events.
-Since this is your last DCS, perhaps you can speak about what got you started, your favorite memories from past DCS events, etc. Ken.
-Tech session with someone who would be willing to share their EFI conversion experience.
-I believe someone mentioned a speaker who was involved that worked at Lotus at the time.
-The game show was fun at DCS2010, perhaps Mike and Patti is interested in doing it again?

sean
11-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Looks like registration is open:

http://www.robomerchant.net/deloreancarshow/catalog/category_61_DCS_Registration.html

dmc6960
11-11-2011, 02:43 PM
And registered!

john 05141
11-14-2011, 05:08 AM
Would it be a privacy violation to add a list who's comming from this forum?

John

Malevy
11-14-2011, 09:57 AM
If you are asking that we post an official list of who is registered, I would say YES that is a privacy violation. If people want to volunteer that information, it is up to them.

sean
11-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Would it be a privacy violation to add a list who's comming from this forum?

John

Folks are welcome to volunteer the info here:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2268-DCS-2012-quot-I-m-registered-quot-List

kkoncelik
11-19-2011, 10:41 AM
I am working on some of your suggestions and so far this show has been one of slow committal on the guests. Not totally unusual but we do have a number of things in the works.

I keep getting asked about rooms and the first block at the rate its going should be gone by the first week of December. The hotel did add a few more rooms because many of you extended your stay. We are actually in that block of rooms now.
The original number of room nights I committed to are gone. We did that last week.

The raffle car is doing exceptionally well for this time of year we had sold the last time I looked about 50 tickets.

I don't think there is any worry about meeting the minimum at this rate the tickets will be gone by April at the latest. Remember the last three cars sold out. Chicago and Gettysburg sold out at the show. Last year we sold out before the show. I don't remember how far before but we also got a real late start on it.

The resort has been great to work with and you will love the space we have for just casual gatherings. The resort is about twice the size of the Marriott.

This past weekend I was in Florida and decided to try to do the parks without a car.
So we went to the parks, transfered between parks, and took the bus back to downtown disney. (Hitlon bus was also there waiting).

Most wait times were 5 minutes or less. If you go from park to downtown disney sometimes it takes two busses but most stops we did just took 1.

Longest delay was a bus that overheated and he had to call another one and it took 15 minutes.

To take the bus to the hilton from the magic kingdom you do that right at the transportation center. For other resorts it down past the boat dock at the entrance to disney.

We had fun. You will too.

Again thank you for your early registrations for the hotel. It has helped me plan some things that we may not have been able to do if we waited.

And both Hotel registration and event registration is open

Ken

Lenny
12-12-2011, 12:44 PM
I was just looking at the schedule of events for DCS 2012. I'm really interested in driving as a group and arriving all at once. Here is the Thursday schedule http://www.deloreancarshow.com/events-thursday.php

When is everyone thinking of arriving?
Where would a good place to meet be, I'm assuming most everyone will be coming from the north. I'd like to suggest Wildwood where the FL Turnpike starts off of I-75. See Post 28 for more information. I don't know how to post a link to a specific post.

What do you think? Good Idea?

Delorean02378
12-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Ken,

The schedule of events looks great! I see there are a few TBDs so I'll make a suggestion. For Rob Grady's TBD it sure would be nice if he could give instructions on door adjustments. I'm not sure what he does but every Delorean door he's adjusted is near perfect. Maybe we could schedule an appointment with him prior to show?

Any word on Chris Nicholson coming? If we could schedule an appointment with him prior to the show, he'd be busy the whole time. If he had a booth to work in, we could drop off panels and watch him work his magic. He'd have his trip paid for the first 8 hours he's available.

Looking forward to the event,

Kirk

Chris Burns
01-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Any updates on the raffle car yet?

DeloreanJoshQ
01-31-2012, 07:44 AM
I just called the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista and was told that they do not have a shuttle between the hotel and the airport.

The person I talked to said that there is an adjacent hotel that charges between $20-$35 to take people from the airport to the hotel.

Also, I was told a yellow cab costs anywhere from 40-60 dollars to get from the airport to the hotel.

Yikes!!

Does anyone have an alternative to reducing the cost between the airport and the hotel? I believe alot of people are going to stay put once they get to the hotel from the airport. Rental cars would of course cost even more....

Josh Q

tyb323
01-31-2012, 08:26 AM
My vote is for the dcf to shuttle people back and forth :p

stevedmc
01-31-2012, 08:52 AM
My vote is for people to just drive to Florida.

dmc6960
01-31-2012, 08:59 AM
My vote is for people to just drive to Florida.

I'm planning the 3100+ mile round trip. (1,552mi Google Maps default route Minneapolis-Orlando). Can anyone else planning to drive top that?

Lenny
01-31-2012, 09:08 AM
Super Shuttle http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/MCOAirportShuttleOrlando.aspx starts shuttle service next month.

I just called the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista and was told that they do not have a shuttle between the hotel and the airport.

The person I talked to said that there is an adjacent hotel that charges between $20-$35 to take people from the airport to the hotel.

Also, I was told a yellow cab costs anywhere from 40-60 dollars to get from the airport to the hotel.

Yikes!!

Does anyone have an alternative to reducing the cost between the airport and the hotel? I believe alot of people are going to stay put once they get to the hotel from the airport. Rental cars would of course cost even more....

Josh Q

tyb323
01-31-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm planning the 3100+ mile round trip. (1,552mi Google Maps default route Minneapolis-Orlando). Can anyone else planning to drive top that?

Congrats on already winning the farthest distance traveled award

dmc6960
01-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Congrats on already winning the farthest distance traveled award

Technically it would be furthest driven with a DeLorean, as the furthest traveled usually goes to the folks from Australia or Europe.

Anyone driving from northern Minnesota, or anywhere west of and including North Dakota, South Dakota, western Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico will drive further than me. Surely there's got to be at least one person driving in from the west coast, right? AZ perhaps?

Going up the east, you'd need to be starting from at least Quebec City, or extreme northeast Maine, so those are less likely, but not impossible either.

And miles on the Auto Train don't count as driven in the D!

I agree with the route given by Google, and will make my way directly south to St Louis, then southeast on I-64, I-57, I-24, and finally I-75. I foresee meeting up with folks in St Louis, Nashville, and Atlanta a good possibility depending on exact timing. I'll likely adjust my own timing to work out with another group's. I am currently unaware or other plans from the Minnesota folks to drive down, so I'll likely be on my own for half the trip.

This brings up another topic, caravans. With less than a half year to go, its time to start a caravan thread....

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2957-DCS-2012-Caravan-Thread

Dracula
01-31-2012, 01:35 PM

I come close at 1,241 to 1,295 miles, pending on which route I take. That is, assuming I will be able to attend.

Farrar
01-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Hire Rich W's DeLimorean. ;)

Rich W
01-31-2012, 02:20 PM
I am planning to take the non-mountainous route and stop at a few locations
along the way, but not too far out of the way. Towing (not driving) this time.

Estimated route, I-57 to I-55 to I-12 to I-10 to I-95 (for a stop in Daytona),
then to Orlando should be about 1620 miles one way (under 3200 round trip),
since I will probably not go back through Daytona, on the way back home.
More time and more miles on this route, but no mountains (while towing).

Later,
Rich W.

DeloreanJoshQ
01-31-2012, 09:49 PM
I just did a quick quote on the super shuttle and it said $18 each way for each person.

Perhaps in May when more flights are booked we can see if there is a large number of people or groups of people that will be at the airport at the same time and find a way to reduce the cost to get to and from the hotel.

I have already booked a flight with my wife along with one other DCO member who is flying with us to Orlando from Columbus, OH. We will arrive in Orlando at 3:15pm on Thursday just past check-in time at the hotel.
Also, our flight leaves at 1:40pm on Sunday from Orlando back to Columbus.

If anyone else wants to join us and share a ride, let me know.

Josh Q

Morpheus
02-12-2012, 09:58 PM
I just tried to book a room and all that's left for us is a junior suite for $209 a night.

Needless to say, I didn't take the room. Looks like I will be finding a room elsewhere.

Ken, do you plan on adding any more rooms to our allotment?

Morpheus
02-12-2012, 10:00 PM
my vote is for the dcf to shuttle people back and forth :p

lol.

kkoncelik
02-13-2012, 11:31 AM
[email protected],

Again as I have said many many many times before.
Unless you hear something from me its probably not correct or one room night sold out and they should just add more room nights. Doubles sold out that is what happened. I just opened my e-mail and the Hilton already asked if it was ok to switch kings for doubles so by the time you read this rooms should be available. If you have any booking issues you can e-mail me or you can e-mail Hassane direct.
Until I tell you rooms night rates are changed they will remain the same.
We will be running into more of individual nights selling out soon as the hotel is getting near full. The next weekend is already sold out.
So if you have not gotten a room I suggest you do so soon. They will sell out sortly.
As of Now I see about 15 rooms per night avail for the three days of the show and 1-5 rooms per night for days outside the show.
Again thanks for making this a big success.
Look forward to seeing you all there.

Ken

Morpheus
02-13-2012, 04:52 PM
OK, I just booked my room. If any of you are on the fence about booking, it's better to do it now and cancel later than to wait until the last minute.

Mike C.
02-14-2012, 10:11 AM
My room is booked for all nights. Will do my registration things next week. Had to register for Celebration first since that is the first on the list.

kkoncelik
02-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Ok
Brandon I hope you got your room.

After I posted that on the list as you see people jumped on it and we sold out Thursday at this point. There are still a few rooms left for Friday and Saturday but after this post I bet they are gone as well.

The Hilton will look for another hotel for us that is close and comparable in price but they have not gotten back to me. (We actually started that with the last post)
Also they are Looking to clear up and give us a few more rooms for the show but as of this post officially we are out of rooms on Thursday night and I expect Fri and Sat to be gone by the end of the day.

Will update you in a day or so if we get more.
Very Grateful to the Hilton as they gave us over 100 room nights more than I had originally requested.

If you need to give up a room please contact me first so we can keep it for DCS guests.
If you just cancel it goes back to the main lot.

Thanks

Ken

This is why we ask for early registration and for those that did thank you .
It is appreciated.

Morpheus
02-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Ok
Brandon I hope you got your room.

I did, thanks Ken!

DMage
02-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Just called and booked our room for all three nights. Reservation agent said there were still room options left - the $129 doubles, $149 hypoallergenic doubles, and junior suites.

ccurzio
02-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Question: How do you attend the car show WITHOUT staying at the hotel? Do you have to pay for Disney admission?

Reason I ask is because I have a friend who lives in Orlando. I'd like to possibly attend DCS but I don't need to pay for a room. How does that work?

DMage
02-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Question: How do you attend the car show WITHOUT staying at the hotel? Do you have to pay for Disney admission?

Reason I ask is because I have a friend who lives in Orlando. I'd like to possibly attend DCS but I don't need to pay for a room. How does that work?

Go to : http://www.deloreancarshow.com/registration.php. Click on the 'SIGN UP' link. That will take you to the webshop. Click on the 'Registration Open' $25 BUY NOW button. That will give you the option to register for certain days / events.

Evildeli
02-17-2012, 10:20 AM
That $25 fee is slightly misleading:shyshy:. I was so excited I started registering and after I checked all the boxes I wanted, I was up to over $300 without any hotels. I certainly don't have a problem with the 300, I just wasn't ready to drop that much, so I'm just waiting until after I get my tax returns which should be pretty soon.

kkoncelik
02-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Ok

This is literally the final call for rooms.

Worked with the hotel and swapped some of my staff rooms for upgrades to free more rooms for you.

There are now about 5 rooms available on Thursday night and about the same for Friday and Saturday for $129

They also kicked in a few rooms at $149 and then there are the suites at $206 they are avail as Brandon stated.
Another person that posted earlier stated the same thing. We got this yesterday to keep things going.

I still have a few rooms in my guest block available that I will feed in as needed but that is only 3 rooms for each of the 3 nights

and I have one cancellation room that I can give to someone.

So if you call and they say rooms are gone contact me on a first come first serve basis I will give out the remaining 3 rooms in my guest block and the one canceled room and that is it.

If my math is correct that is 9 rooms for the three nights @ $129 rooms (in my block) @ $149 ( I do not have these in my block they are just first come first serve) $209 rooms are also avail.

Hotel will be sold out at this point on all junior suites and Kings @ the $129.

I cannot do anything more at this point this is it.

Surrounding Hotels near the Hilton on Disney property are also becoming sold out as well so they are not willing to give me any rooms.

So if you procrastinated and want to stay at the hotel this is your last chance.

I had 6 e-mails yesterday saying you needed rooms so this is your chance and I see two of you already booked so if the remaining 4 bok that would leave 5 rooms for the three nights.

This is actually the exciting part of a show because it shows the interest and it makes it easier for me to plan.

As you can see by the guest list for the show the list significantly grew with guests as you registered because I can count on the revenue it produces to get you these guests.

Thank you for helping me out there. Last show and Vegas I had to wait until last minute.

See you at the show.

Ken

kkoncelik
02-17-2012, 11:07 AM
We have recently added to the DeLorean Car Show web page the word convention.
So it is now DeLorean Car Show Convention.

Most people associate a car show with just that, Cars only and maybe a few vendors.
DCS has brought a whole lot more to the show that than and we last 3 days.
The $25 registration fee covers some of the events but if you really want to see the show you do have to register for the daily events. Bringing some of these guests here for your education, entertainment are what we need to cover cost plus we do feed you pretty well at the dinners. Never heard anyone go away hungry.

Compared to other shows that do this type of venue we tend to offer as much or more at a great price. I think we are up to 18 guests at this show so there should be something for everyone.

There have been other Delorean events held over the years and I hope you feel we give you value for your money. All Delorean events regardless of who puts them on have costs and no matter whose event you attend you will not go away disappointed.

The DMCH events, DOA event, Eurfest, DCS and some of the larger local events all do a great job of giving you the Ultimate DeLorean Experience at a good value.

We do understand that there are people that will stay at other places during the show.
This may be bacause they live nearby and I surely understand that, or they have relatives or a property nearby or just cannot afford it. You still can enjoy the entire convention by attending the events. But you will enjoy it more and with less complications if you stay at the Designated Hotel.

So enjoy this while we can

Remember room counts are a part of conventions plus complaints at the show about rooming, schedule issues, traffic and missing events are usually about Satellite Hotels NOT sanctioned by DCS.

Remember the Holiday Inn in Lexington!! People wanted me to fix problems they had there because it was $10 Cheaper but it was not the DCS hotel or Resort. I swapped two people over to the Hilton.
Also the negative posts from Gettysburg about missing events and not finding things all were from people that stayed at other hotels.

So come and relax at the Hilton if you are not a local. These rates for a Resort are the best you will find at Disney.

See you in Florida

Ken

Bitsyncmaster
02-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Both wife and I are registered for the show. We got our room back when they first became available.

How nice I could use PayPal for the show.

MartyP
02-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Hotel is booked for me and the GF. Cant wait to see this.

Now I need to book the flight from Montreal (well either Plattsburg or Bulington) !!!

Quick question: for the daily events, can we register on site or do we need to register in advance ?

I will register the 25$ for both of us today, but wondering wich daily events we will do !

Thi is very interesting !

dvonk
02-17-2012, 09:41 PM
...we do feed you pretty well at the dinners. Never heard anyone go away hungry.

hey ken, i have a question for you. my girlfriend and i are vegetarians, do you know if there will be non-meat items available to eat?

thanks! :smile:

ccurzio
02-18-2012, 06:12 AM
hey ken, i have a question for you. my girlfriend and i are vegetarians, do you know if there will be non-meat items available to eat?

thanks! :smile:

I was wondering about this too since I am as well. I've learned to usually try and get by with what's offered and available rather than impose, so I'm glad someone asked. :)

Farrar
02-18-2012, 01:30 PM

I don't eat grains, so y'all can have my rolls, corn, and pasta... :)

dvonk
02-18-2012, 02:04 PM
haha, sounds like a deal, Farrar. :smile:

kkoncelik
02-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Hello
OK If you want to know what is for dinner here it is.
Complete menu. It will also be published in Delorean World the next issue.

Thursday is probably the dinner that least would accommodate you but I am sure I can work something out like maybe switching the meatballs or wings for something else.
As you know Thursday I usually like to do a BBQ.

The Friday night is the night I make sure there is Non meat items so that and Saturday you should not have a problem. Saturday has a lot of vegetables.
You have a point let me see what I can either add or work on for Thursday.
Any suggestions.

Hope this helps.

Thursday
Pork Loins
Slow Roasted Beef Brisket
Sweet yeast rolls, Mustard, Mayo BBQ sauce, Hot sauce

Grilled Romaine Ranch Salad
Grilled to order tossed in Ranch, Croutons, Cheese, Grape tomatoes, Carrots
(served in plastic cups)for Veggies out there as well.
Hawaiian Cole Slaw

Sweet Corn Cakes with Mango Salsa
Jerk Style Chicken Wings
Sweet & Sour Meatballs

Friday
Toss Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Carrots
Ranch, Herb Vinaigrette, Blue Cheese

Pasta Bar (make your own)
Penne
Spaghetti
Tri Color Rotini
Sauces:
Marinara, Alfredo, Pesto, Sharron, Meatball
Squash, Mushrooms, Zucchini, Broccoli, Tomatoes
Parmesean Cheese

Garlic bread and rolls

Dessert

Saturday
Iceberg Lettuce
Bacon bits, Eggs, Cheese, Pepper cream & Herb Vinaigrette

Marinated Flank Steak
Almond Crusted Chicken
Green Beans with Pecans
Seasoned Mix Vegetables
Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Dessert

kkoncelik
02-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Ticket sales are moving well and I do expect and early sellout like last year so I have not done much advertising. I got a few e-mails lately asking me about the car and in years past I have really pushed it but it looks like a car with less than 6,000 miles on it and as you see from the photos is pretty clean is moving pretty well.

I will say just like I did with the rooms

DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE END THE RAFFLE CAR WILL SELL OUT PROBABLE IN LATE APRIL OR EARLY MAY as it did last year.

Again thanks for the support

Ken

dvonk
02-18-2012, 07:51 PM
OK If you want to know what is for dinner here it is...

thanks for the menu, ken! :smile:

Malevy
02-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Quick question: for the daily events, can we register on site or do we need to register in advance ?

I will register the 25$ for both of us today, but wondering wich daily events we will do !

Please register for all of the events in advance, on-line.. Speaking on behalf of ME (and a very small number of volunteers who assist me), the guy who has to do every registration packet and ID badge (every car raffle ticket too), it is a royal pain in the ass to do registrations, or modify registrations at the show. However, we will try to accommodate everyone IF we can- IF WE CAN. Based on the numbers we are seeing, it is very possible the show (and each event at the show) will sell out. I suggest you register as early as possible for all of the events you would like to participate in.

It is easier for us to cancel a reservation at the last minute than it is to add one..

kkoncelik
02-19-2012, 03:30 PM
As Marc said it is much easier for me to refund you than for you to register last minute.
No one that I am aware of has ever not been given a refund if they let me know before the event even some of you that canceled after the refund deadline. Emergencies do happen and we do not expect you to pay even if you have to leave during an event for an emergency. For general cancellations you can cancel up to the day before the event and get a refund. But as Marc said it is much easier to batch make these items (name tags) than to do them one at a time and if you want vin plates and t shirts we are saving you time as well.
Refunds are easy and e-mail to me and you are good or in person at the show.
Again it is much easier to cancel than to do this last minute and since I have to drive a bunch of vehicles to Florida from Cincinnati the cut off date will be at least one or two days out farther than Lexington where we did not leave until Wed.

See you there. By the way Three of the four rooms I had to give up are already gone.
So pretty much when the Hotel is out thats it. There are plenty of other hotels around Disney but I do warn about the traffic. That is why many people prefer to stay on Disney grounds. Trust me Downtown Disney at night is a madhouse esppecially the weekends.

Ken

MartyP
02-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks !

I will book tonight ! for all 3 day for me and the GF !

Rich W
02-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Forum,

I have been corresponding with Ken K. and Hassane (Hilton) since yesterday
afternoon, to possibly upgrade my rooms to suites, so if there are a few of
you on Ken's waiting list, there may be a few base rooms freeing up soon.

Again, if you need a room, you need to contact Ken to get on the waiting list
and hopefully a few of you may get "lucky" and get one of these rooms soon.
Hoping to see as many DeLorean enthusiasts as possible in Orlando this June.

Later,
Rich W.

MartyP
02-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Me and the GF are reistered for all 3 days and events.

Hotel is booked.

airplane from Plattsburg or Burlington is next on my list !!!!

kkoncelik
03-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Finally got some time to work on the raffle car again and thanks to our Thursday night crew we made some progress.
Last week we fired it up but it did not respond like we wanted it to but that was the first time we tried it in many years of sitting but it ran.
We cleaned the fuel injectors and I replaced the fuel distributor and she purrs like it should.
Found the probable reason for it being parked years ago and it was for something real dumb.
We added water to the car and it leaked out the thermostat.
Looks like someone tried to replace the Delorean Thermostat with a theromstat from some other vehicle.
Never sealed.
Replaced the thermostat and we are planning to drive it next Thursday for our tech session and I plan on getting plates that Friday then we will drive it in the St Patricks day parade.
Its coming along real well. Really does not need much work and since I got it I have spent less than four evenings on it so this is pretty easy.
Seat will be replaced, Replaced the binnacle this week and if you missed it we replaced the steering bushing last week along with the fuel pump.

Thats about it we will start to check out electric and stuff but the car is looking good.
One thing I hear people wondering about buying tickets at the show.
The rate of sales on this one is well above average that is why I have not been pushing it as much as in the past. I think all tickets will be gone by May some time before the show, so if you want one be sure to plan ahead.

This car has less than 6,000 miles on it.

Need I say more. It does need some cosmetics but nothing major.
Items that we are working on next.
Window motors (not sure if they work replace if necessary)
Radio works fine
All light wiring ok need to fix rear boards
Drivers seat has minor tear will replace seat cover with new one.
Fix rear louver missing some trim stuff.
Replace warm up regulator.
Other than that I think we are done.

This is one of the best conditions I have received a car so we need another 10 -12 hours and we should be done.

So if you are thinking of waiting for to buy tickets at the show
You may be a bit late.

Good luck

KEn

sean
03-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Finally got some time to work on the raffle car again
This car has less than 6,000 miles on it.

Will you enter the raffle car in the concours competitin again this show?

Chris Burns
03-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Sounds great Ken! I am really looking forward to this show and extremely thankful that I was able to get a ticket!:)

Nicholas R
03-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Will you enter the raffle car in the concours competitin again this show?

We'll do our best to get the car up to concours quality by the show, haha ;)

Chris Burns
03-06-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm getting my hotel room for my birthday! Looking forward to meeting everyone there.:rock_on:

MartyP
03-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Hey Ken !

Can you check for the parking at the hotel, cause the lady, when I made the reservation said 12$+tx for parking.

As you said 10$ ?

I'll be renting a car and pay for the parking.

Is there a way to save that parking fee ?

Cause I<ll be paying parking at the Airport, Burlington and at the Hilton, wich comes up to 24$/day for both, that 100$ gone for no reason...

Thanks !

seventy4burban
03-07-2012, 03:34 PM

I'm in the same boat. Plus I want to take my car and thats a LONG drive!!!

jackb
03-25-2012, 03:22 PM
I made a reservation at the Hilton for DCS in August or September last year, not knowing where I would be living when it came around (I was stationed in GA at the time, CA now). I won't be making it to DCS in the summer.

I'm going to cancel my hotel reservation, but wanted to ask here first-
Since I made the reservation at the group rate, should I just call up and cancel it?
Or would there be any coordination required to pass that discount on to someone who hasn't made a reservation yet?

sean
03-25-2012, 04:28 PM
I made a reservation at the Hilton for DCS in August or September last year, not knowing where I would be living when it came around (I was stationed in GA at the time, CA now). I won't be making it to DCS in the summer.

I'm going to cancel my hotel reservation, but wanted to ask here first-
Since I made the reservation at the group rate, should I just call up and cancel it?
Or would there be any coordination required to pass that discount on to someone who hasn't made a reservation yet?

Let Ken K. know before you cancel so he can make sure they stay with the group. I think he said he had a list of owners that want to come that could use he reservations if folks decided cancel.

DMC3165
03-25-2012, 09:42 PM
I have to cancel my reservation as well. I was really looking forward to this and getting to meet all of you. But unfortunately the timing is just bad for me for a number of different reasons. I started a new job this year and my wife and I agreed its just more then we can afford right now.

So before I cancel my reservation. Should I contact anyone and let them know this room will be freed up? And would that contact be on the dcs website?

Dracula
03-25-2012, 09:52 PM
I still think that they need to hold a DCS at a place that's a major airport hub; like Atlanta or Dallas.

However, I also like the idea of one in Milwaukee...

sean
03-28-2012, 10:33 AM
FYI, I just released the Thursday night stay from my reservation if anyone was looking to get in on Thursday the 14th.

stevedmc
03-28-2012, 11:31 AM
FYI, I just released the Thursday night stay from my reservation if anyone was looking to get in on Thursday the 14th.

Would you like to stay in the carburetor room that night?

I still think that they need to hold a DCS at a place that's a major airport hub; like Atlanta or Dallas.

However, I also like the idea of one in Milwaukee...

I believe Orlando is somewhat of a hub for Southwest.

sean
03-28-2012, 11:36 AM

NO! I had reservation for Thur-Sun but wont be coming down until Friday now.

Farrar
03-28-2012, 11:41 AM

NO!

This is why you should not call it "the carburetor room," Steve. Everyone will think "Oh boy, an obsolete room prone to fuel leaks and rich mixture."

sean
03-28-2012, 11:45 AM
This is why you should not call it "the carburetor room," Steve. Everyone will think "Oh boy, an obsolete room prone to fuel leaks and rich mixture."
Not so much, its more a fear of what Steve and Bill might do to me while I sleep.

Farrar
03-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Not so much, its more a fear of what Steve and Bill might do to me while I sleep.

The phrase "hose barb" comes to mind.

As does "brass nipple."

OK, I'll stop now. :)

stevedmc
03-28-2012, 12:07 PM

Duct tape can do some pretty increadible (I wish I new know to spell) stuff.

Farrar
03-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Completely off-topic, but if anyone from the UK wouldn't mind bringing over some beer mats (or coasters or whatever they're called), I'd like to add them to my collection. Sneak a few out of the pub, maybe no one will notice. Thanks. :)

jawn101
03-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Does anyone here have any "pull" with the DCS organizers to suggest maybe we get it in California next year? We have a ridiculous number of D's out here and some really nice examples, but Orlando is a really long way for us. I don't know anyone locally who's going to make it. It would be cool to get the event out our way next time :)

dvonk
03-28-2012, 09:42 PM
ooh, you could have it in a central location, hm... maybe Omaha? :hihi2:

they might already have the DCS 2014 location decided, though.

DMage
03-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Does anyone here have any "pull" with the DCS organizers to suggest maybe we get it in California next year? We have a ridiculous number of D's out here and some really nice examples, but Orlando is a really long way for us. I don't know anyone locally who's going to make it. It would be cool to get the event out our way next time :)

They just had a show in Vegas a few years ago...did you attend? http://www.dcswest.info/

jawn101
03-30-2012, 09:41 AM
They just had a show in Vegas a few years ago...did you attend? http://www.dcswest.info/

Would have loved to... but wasn't out this way then, and didn't have my D yet :)

jackb
04-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Would have loved to... but wasn't out this way then, and didn't have my D yet :)I'm in the same boat as you. East coast without a Delorean then, West coast with a Delorean now.

sean
04-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Ken,

I'm heading to another conference at Disney and the organizers are offering us "late entrance" tickets at a reduced rate:
After 2pm $66
After 4pm $52

Is this something DCS attendees can take advantage of?

kkoncelik
04-10-2012, 03:34 PM
I can check on the passes again Billy Boys tickets on Irlo Bronson is the best place along with the hotel offering disney specials.
I sent the link and its on the web page as well so try the girl at the Hilton.
The evening tickets are not the best deals but I will see what is avail as I will be down in Orlando this weekend.

The raffle car sales are starting to pick up. We are about 3 weeks ahead on sales of raffle tickes vs the last show so if you want raffle car tickets you may want to make up your mind real quick.
Remember last time we sold out 300 tickets in less than three weeks.
We hit the 250 mark today so at this point I surely don't expect to make it to far into May before they are all gone.
Heard some of you are planning on buying at the show.
That will probably be too late so get your tickets now while they are still available.
Ken

uhhair
04-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Ken, please keep us posted on the status of getting some sort of discounted Disney tickets for the duration of the show (or days immediately preceding/after the show as well). I'm sure there a ton of people interested in this.

Okay, now for a hotel update for anyone that is interested in this:

I originally made my reservation at the Hilton for the DCS dates only back in the fall of 2011. Yesterday my wife and I finalized the dates we wanted to actually come (13-19). Called up the Hilton, they gave me the DCS rate of $129/night for the 13-19 with no questions asked, took about 5 minutes on the phone to edit the reservation.

So, if anyone is interested in extending their stay at all, I'd advise calling now and trying to attempt the same thing.

kkoncelik
04-18-2012, 03:13 PM
We still get a few rooms to come up based on other groups cancelling. The DCS block is gone but keep trying or let me know and I can put you on a list.
We have had 12 cancellations and all have been filled with new people so that works

Raffle car is starting to move we are up to 50 per week in sales so at this rate it will be sold out by June 1 and I really expect it to sell out closer to mid May based on last year.

Everyone is saying its their car but only one of you are telling the truth LOL

But without a ticket it can't be yours. This will be the 5th car I have given away.

www.deloreancarshow.com
go to store and then go to raffle car.

Good luck
Ken

PS need more Florida cars for DCS

Chris Burns
04-18-2012, 03:22 PM
I got my raffle tickets:rock_on: I really hope I win it, but I am just thankful to get my name into the ring. Good to us all!!

kkoncelik
04-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Well its getting closer to the show and if I have not convinced you to come to this show then I don't know what I can do. But this ought to help
Rich W. Last night confirmed that he is bringing the DeLorean Limo to the show along with the newly refurbished D-Rex. In addition to two other surprise cars I have lined up and Proto 1 and and and we are going to have one of the best collections of modified DeLoreans or pre production Deloreans that we have ever had.
To see all of these in one place is rare and you have a chance to do so.

Don't be one of those after the show that say OH I wish I had gone. Its not too late.

Fun facts

28% of you registered for rooms have registered for the show so far.
59% of you are new to the show.
Sales of the show and raffle tickets peak on Tuesdays and Thrusdays and are slowest on Sunday and Friday.
Most of you place orders during the day.( HMMM when do most of you work )
Ohio and Illinois are the two top states for registrations so far followed by NY and NJ. Florida you are next but in the middle of the pack. Its in your back yard!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have people coming from Australia, Belgium, China, UK and Canada plus a bunch of states like LA, CT, MI, GA, NC, MA, TX, and a few more. (complete list on dmcnews)
Raffle tickets are led by Texas and Florida. Texas is due to one huge Texas size order. Floridians I think feel when they win they don't have to go far to get the car.
But you have to enter to win.
About half the raffle tickets are gone now and we are now moving in excess of 50 per week so get your tickets while they last. We expect tickets to sell out way before the show.
The original BTTF car from BTTF III will be there as will a few surprises.

I am adding a surprise guest (working out details then I will reveal who it is)

Don't miss this one and be one of those saying I wish I were there.
You can still make it.

If you need a room e-mail me and get on the list.
The list is 4 deep as of today.

Ken

kkoncelik
05-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Raffle Car

Well over half the tickets were sold by May 1st and here we are today with over 150 tickets being bought so we are now probably by the end of the day down to the 100 Mark.
If I recall I said this would happen so if you want a ticket to the raffle car you better act fast. Three more days like today and they are gone.

Last time we did the raffle the same thing happened and we sold 300 tickets in about a week.

Again if you plan to buy a ticket think about doing it soon since once the tickets are gone they are gone.
Only 600 will be sold.

We put up some new photos of the raffle car in the bonnet area. Have not had those up before.
This weekend we will be cleaning it for the Indy 500 so the car will be in Indianapolis and will be driven on the track.

So if you want a part of history here is your chance.

www.deloreancarshow.com go to store and raffle or click on the link on the home page

Hotel

Rooms are sold out.
There is a waiting list but we have been able to get some rooms from the other convention. Right now there are 6 people on the waiting list and it takes me about a week to clear 5 at this point.
YOU CANNOT GET THEM FROM THE HOTEL
If you need a room contact me and I will try.
Rooms sold out in Feb.
There have been 18 rooms we have gotten due to cancellations so far both our group and the other group.

Event Registration

We are starting to lag here.
We have 204 rooms gone so I would expect about 175 or so registrations.
So far we have 68 so about 3/4 of you are still not event registered.
Please make my job and Marc's job a bit easier and register soon so we can better serve you.

See you in 6 or so weeks

Ken

HeyMcFly
05-02-2012, 04:48 PM
If you need shuttle transportation from the Orlando International Airport to the Disney World Hilton Hotel on Thursday 6/14, or would like a return shuttle trip on Sunday, Ken has offered to look into it, so long as someone organized the need. Ok, I'm organizing it. He said the cost would probably be $10 one way per person. If you want in, send an email to [email protected] (do NOT reply here) with the following info:

NAME:
# OF PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP:
ARRIVAL AIRLINE AND FLIGHT NUMBER:
ARRIVAL TIME:
CELL (optional):
EMAIL (optional):

DO YOU NEED A RETURN SHUTTLE? (Y/N)
# OF PEOPLE IN THAT GROUP:
APPROXIMATE TIME TO LEAVE HOTEL:

I will enter it into a Google Spreadsheet and give you the link to it so you can verify it. The spreadsheet will be READ only to everyone, except to myself and Ken. You would only provide cell and email if you want others to see it and possibly contact you. This will help give Ken an idea of how many people are requesting transportation and at what times.

Lenny
05-02-2012, 07:24 PM
I'd like to see if Disney would let us run a couple of laps on their Race Track.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/richard-petty-driving-experience/

kkoncelik
05-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Checked that out a long time ago.
for me to rent it and put my own cars on it the cost would run $5000 so I would need 50 cars @$100 each.
I did not see any way that was going to happen.
They prefer you use their car which is 12 or so laps for over $100 per run.
And they are booked all day long.
Its something that would be nice but a bit out of my price range for a show.

And an update as of 8:00 AM on 5/3 we have 115 tickets for the raffle car remaining.
2 days ago we had 300.

Only about 100 people are registered for the show so far (event registration) There are 206 rooms and based on an average of 2 per room that means there are still 300 of you out there that have rooms that are not registered.
We are 5 weeks and counting.

Ken

john 05141
05-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Can hardly wait...
Sorry if the question was already answered, but will the Bricklin people be there as well?

We're there a whole week and we plan to visit Epcot, Universal Studios, Kennedy Space centre as well
JOHN

Lenny
05-03-2012, 11:12 AM
I was thinking they might want to do if for Publicity. Take some video and do some advertising about the disney track going back to the future or something.

Checked that out a long time ago.
for me to rent it and put my own cars on it the cost would run $5000 so I would need 50 cars @$100 each.
I did not see any way that was going to happen.
They prefer you use their car which is 12 or so laps for over $100 per run.
And they are booked all day long.
Its something that would be nice but a bit out of my price range for a show.

And an update as of 8:00 AM on 5/3 we have 115 tickets for the raffle car remaining.
2 days ago we had 300.

Only about 100 people are registered for the show so far (event registration) There are 206 rooms and based on an average of 2 per room that means there are still 300 of you out there that have rooms that are not registered.
We are 5 weeks and counting.

Ken

whocruiser
05-03-2012, 05:38 PM
I was thinking they might want to do if for Publicity. Take some video and do some advertising about the disney track going back to the future or something.

PR for the wrong studio/franchise I'm afraid. Universal would probably either sue them or else thank them for the free promotion, LOL. :bang:

HeyMcFly
05-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Just a bump here.

If you plan on flying to Orlando on Thursday and would like to get a shuttle ride to the hotel send an email to [email protected] with your name, flight info and number of people in your group. This is also open to anyone needing a return shuttle from the hotel to the airport.

So far only 2 people have responded. At that rate, a shuttle won't happen. Ken hopes that if enough people express an interest that he can get rates down to about $10/person. Please send an email as soon as you know your schedule. Thanks.

click here for the original message (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?89-DCS-2012-June-14-17-2012-Orlando-FL&p=53969&viewfull=1#post53969).

DMCH James
05-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Email sent.

You might ask Ken to post this info in his next email out to both the DML and his own email list. Same with the Facebook group.

James

Just a bump here.

If you plan on flying to Orlando on Thursday and would like to get a shuttle ride to the hotel send an email to [email protected] with your name, flight info and number of people in your group. This is also open to anyone needing a return shuttle from the hotel to the airport.

So far only 2 people have responded. At that rate, a shuttle won't happen. Ken hopes that if enough people express an interest that he can get rates down to about $10/person. Please send an email as soon as you know your schedule. Thanks.

click here for the original message (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?89-DCS-2012-June-14-17-2012-Orlando-FL&p=53969&viewfull=1#post53969).

DeloreanJoshQ
05-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I believe I have 3 people from DCO interested....I'll follow the instructions...

Dangermouse
05-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Looks like I might be able to go to this. Booked a room at the current lowest $134 rate which allows for cancellations. (The DCS $129 rate was sold out, but the $149 is still available). I'll just keep that on ice for a couple of weeks and see whether I can stay free to go.

Interestingly, they have a $107 no-cancellation rate available at the moment if anyone has a last minute urge to go, and absolutely knows they won't cancel.

stevedmc
05-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Looks like I might be able to go to this. Booked a room at the current lowest $134 rate which allows for cancellations. (The DCS $129 rate was sold out, but the $149 is still available). I'll just keep that on ice for a couple of weeks and see whether I can stay free to go.

Interestingly, they have a $107 no-cancellation rate available at the moment if anyone has a last minute urge to go, and absolutely knows they won't cancel.

If anyone wants to save money I've willing to share my room with two more people.

Dangermouse
05-15-2012, 12:58 PM
If anyone wants to save money I've willing to share my room with two more people.

I thought about the crab room, sorry carb room, but my son is probably coming too, so I can't expose him to evil influences like the Motorcraft 2100 :)

Farrar
05-15-2012, 01:32 PM
I thought about the crab room, sorry carb room, but my son is probably coming too, so I can't expose him to evil influences like the Motorcraft 2100 :)

Note that due to financial considerations I have had to back out, so there will be one fewer 2100-equipped (or in my case 2150-equipped) D in Orlando, and hence the two spare bunks in Steve's room.

stevedmc
05-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Note that due to financial considerations I have had to back out, so there will be one fewer 2100-equipped (or in my case 2150-equipped) D in Orlando, and hence the two spare bunks in Steve's room.

Don't let Farrar fool you. Money and time isn't the reason he backed out. He's just afraid of Bill.

Farrar
05-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Don't let Farrar fool you. Money and time isn't the reason he backed out. He's just afraid of Bill.

I didn't mention time.

DMC Fanatic
05-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Does anyone know when the raffle ticket stubs will be mailed out? Has anyone received theirs yet?

dvonk
05-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Does anyone know when the raffle ticket stubs will be mailed out? Has anyone received theirs yet?

to save you the laborious task of sifting through all the DCS 2012 information, i will refer you to my post (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2966-I-bought-a-DCS-2012-raffle-ticket!&p=54937&viewfull=1#post54937) in the "I bought a DCS 2012 raffle ticket!" thread:

they will send you your ticket stub(s) in the mail. it takes a while to manually print out, sort & mail 600 tickets; but dont worry, Ken will get them to you. :smile:

for reference, my ticket stubs for DCS 2010 were postmarked June 7th.

good luck! :biggrin:

kkoncelik
05-17-2012, 03:57 PM
HI
The raffle ticket stubs will be mailed out at least one week before the show.
Since we sold out early we should be able to beat that this year by a few days.
We batch print and mail so it cuts down on our time rather than doing it bit by bit.

The VIN plates have been selling real well.
You also do not have to be going to DCS to get the plate.
We will have them avail online after the show.

I got two more rooms from the hotel from cancellations of the other group so if you need a room either e-mail me or call me.
As of this post there is no one on the waiting list.

We have placed about 30 people so far which is great.
We had about 15 cancellations and the other group about the same so we picked up 15 rooms

The show should be about 375 to 400 for the Friday/ Saturday night so thanks for those of you
www.deloreancarshow.com

Ken

Evildeli
05-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Email sent.

Lenny
05-20-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm going to cancel Thursday Night I can't get in till Friday. Still going to be there Friday and Saturday night.

Ken, do you want me to do anything special?

Ozzie
06-01-2012, 07:53 PM
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=10776&d=1338593707
A sneak peek at my presentation (a draft), for Saturday (06/16/2012), at the DeLorean Car Show & Convention.

Topic: LED Technology and an LED bulb Conversion for our DMC-12s

The "Tech" portion of the presentation will cover not only how LEDs apply to automotive use, but general information as well (e.g., how they work, reliability, etc.) as they are starting to feasibly take over previous incandescent applications. I just got back last month from an international tech conference on LEDs, so I'll be sharing the latest advancements on them. It may be more than you may want to know about LEDs, but it will make you a more informed consumer of this technology.
Related to our cars, I also plan to bring some props like one of my taillights with LEDs, TWO clock alternatives, and maybe something else, so you can see the technology in action, as well as go over the benefits and requirements of converting to LEDs.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

DeloreanJoshQ
06-02-2012, 09:12 PM
I have a request for Ken, DMC,any vendor, or anyone willing and able....

I would really enjoy learning how to correctly repair a dent, ding, imperfection with the proper tools products, techniques, etc. If there isn't a tech session possible, would someone show me. This art would be very valuable and beneficial to me. Thanks! Josh Q

kkoncelik
06-03-2012, 09:08 AM
For those of you going to the show
Please register today if you want your badges printed out ahead of time.
There is approximately 18% of you that have hotel rooms that have not event registered.
To avoid lines and to be able to get your packet and go you need to register immediately
Marc is doing the badges tomorrow and then he is leaving for Florida on Wed.

We will not run any more badges until we are set up at the show on Thursday.
So to avoid delays and lines please register today.

Thanks'
Ken

Chris Burns
06-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Registered and ready!!:)

See everyone there:race:

Lenny
06-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Registered

Malevy
06-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Also;

We have been getting some questions about guests, and schedules. The guests are listed within the schedule which is on the DCS website (look for the "daily events" link).

Starting with Thursday; http://www.deloreancarshow.com/events-thursday.php

We will also be sending out LIVE information at the show, along with reminders about scheduled (and unscheduled) events on our twitter feed. Register your cell phone with Twitter to receive updates;

https://twitter.com/#!/deloreancarshow

If anyone still wants to go to DCS, or missed out on getting a room at the Hilton, please get in touch with Ken. We had some room cancellations today, so they are again available.

And- as Ken said; Please get your registrations in ASAP.

DMCMW Dave
06-03-2012, 10:38 PM
We're going to turn back an extra room tomorrow. . .

Malevy
06-04-2012, 09:14 AM
We're going to turn back an extra room tomorrow. . .

Please call Ken, not the hotel.

Lenny
06-04-2012, 01:29 PM
From what I read those of us having our cars judged are going to have them inside the Hilton. Are there any Gas Tank level requirements? I was at a conference and the vehicles had to have less than 1/4 tank of gas. They also were required to provide Drip Pans under the engine and transmission.

Do we need to worry about any of this?

DMCMW Dave
06-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Please call Ken, not the hotel.

I did. He told me to call the hotel. :confused0:

kkoncelik
06-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Ok
First of all there are now a few rooms avail due to cancellations so if you need to cancel just do so with the hotel.
This is new as of this morning and I have not had a chance to tell Marc.
We are fine with rooms at this point.

2nd
For those of you going into the convention center we need to have less than 1/4 tank of gas. They prefer 1/8 but with our small tanks and irregular gauges as long as you are beneath a quarter you will be fine,
This will be strictly enforced.
As with any show on carpet you will be given a sheet of plastic to put under your car to prvent any carpet damage.
Any cars visibly dripping at the door we reserve the right to refuse is it looks like it will drip all the way to the parking spot inside.
(You should have your cars clean for the show anyway)

So far we only have 32 paid cars to go inside. Plus the concours and specialty cars.

One of the last minute surprises is that since we have the actual BTTF III movie car we looked for other actual movie cars not replicas.
A friend of mine in Florida has one and it is Christine from the movie Christine so it will be at the show as well

Behave you know what happens if Christine does not like you.

Hope this clarifies a few things

Dunk booth
WHO DO WE HAVE SO FAR.

KEN

Bitsyncmaster
06-04-2012, 03:46 PM
How many miles is it from Sanford to the hotel? So I can judge how much to fill up my car loading onto the auto train. Do we put the cars inside on day one? Do we need to drive to get to Disney World?

Malevy
06-04-2012, 03:54 PM
How many miles is it from Sanford to the hotel? So I can judge how much to fill up my car loading onto the auto train. Do we put the cars inside on day one? Do we need to drive to get to Disney World?

Google Maps may be able to help you with the first one.

Cars will be loaded in to the building on Saturday morning. If you want to go to the amusement parks on Friday, I suggest you use the WDW bus system. You can get the bus at Downtown Disney (VERY short walk from the hotel). It also saves on parking fees (you can leave your car at the Hilton).

Evildeli
06-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Traffic makes Sanford about an hour away.

Where are the Deloreans gonna be park on Thursday and Friday? Outside or Parking garage?

Malevy
06-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Where are the Deloreans gonna be park on Thursday and Friday? Outside or Parking garage?

If you do not want your car outside all day on Friday, DeLoreans that are in the show (you paid $15 to get inside) can be put inside (at your option) before the Saturday show, but they cannot be removed until the show is over on Saturday afternoon. Otherwise, there is regular outdoor parking in the hotel lot. If you want to do this, just find Ken or I and we will help get you in the building.

Lenny
06-04-2012, 09:14 PM
What's the Lovebug situation around Orlando? I want to know if I should put the bra on before I drive over.

I know this post has the potential for several obnoxious posts but I'm serious.

dvonk
06-04-2012, 09:18 PM
i have a question: is there any sort of dress code for the DCS events/dinners? id hate be underdressed... :umm:

Malevy
06-04-2012, 09:23 PM
i have a question: is there any sort of dress code for the DCS events/dinners? id hate be underdressed... :umm:

Some people get a little dressed up, but nothing too crazy.. I am usually still in my shorts and sweaty t-shirt at dinner.

Lenny
06-04-2012, 10:28 PM
It's Summer in Florida, 95 Degrees and 95% Humidity!!!

Shorts, Polo Shirt and Sandals from me unless someone comes up with a good reason not to.

DeloreanJoshQ
06-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Ok

Dunk booth
WHO DO WE HAVE SO FAR.

KEN

James Espey will be wearing his "Dunk Trunks" as he lost the wager between the Texas Delorean Club and the Delorean Club of Ohio over St. Patty's Day Delorean Parade Count.

I will be throwing the first pitch and I am sure there will be a long line behind me :)

Lenny
06-05-2012, 09:54 AM
I was telling a few people about the show. They asked how many people would be there and I didn't know what to say. I think they meant how may Deloreans?

How many attendees?
How many Deloreans?
Will the general public be able to see the cars in the judging area?

Malevy
06-05-2012, 09:59 AM
I was telling a few people about the show. They asked how many people would be there and I didn't know what to say. I think they meant how may Deloreans?

How many attendees?
How many Deloreans?
Will the general public be able to see the cars in the judging area?

We are expecting about 400 people, 70-80 cars (only about half are registered to be "in the show").

The general public can get in to see the cars (JUST THE CARS, no tech talks, celebs, presentations, meals) for $10pp. Pay at the door on Saturday.

DMCMW Dave
06-05-2012, 10:24 AM
What's the Lovebug situation around Orlando? I want to know if I should put the bra on before I drive over.

Apparently you need to be thinking about wearing a bra. .. . . .

(sorry, obnoxious post #1, I couldn't resist with these two posts together)

dvonk
06-05-2012, 10:45 AM
haha, i didnt even think about the double entendre. :lol:

Morpheus
06-05-2012, 11:47 AM

Lenny,

It's not too bad right now. You should be fine to go bra-less. :)

Dangermouse
06-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Another noob question. Is a printed schedule given out to attendees, or should I just plan to print what I need off the website?

Rich W
06-06-2012, 01:01 PM
The website usually has the "latest and greatest info" regarding the show, so that is the best reference point.

In the past, copies of the daily schedules were added to the "goodie bags" before Registration, but the last
few shows (IIRC) have had a stack of schedules (to pick up at Registration) right after you pick up the bags
(with a few items in the bag) and you can fill your goodie bag with whatever other items from goodie tables.

Later,
Rich W.

Another noob question. Is a printed schedule given out to attendees, or should I just plan to print what I need off the website?

john 05141
06-07-2012, 05:21 AM
:rofl:

btw, this car - bra is slowy entering the European market. Nothing more ugly, and especially on a delorean. YUK (my opinion)

John

Bitsyncmaster
06-09-2012, 08:34 AM
I just thought of something I should had done before it got so close to the show. I would have asked a vendor to have tires mounted on some machined rims. Then I could have just done the exchange at the show.:angry:

Citizen
06-09-2012, 12:03 PM
What's the Lovebug situation around Orlando?

If you are comming from the west via I-10 to Orlando, I'd say you' probably hit love bugs, or other types, somewhere around Texas & Lousiana... from experience anyway.

Thomas

Kenny_Z
06-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that'll be passing through the Pensacola area on the way to DCS that there's a tropical low sitting on top of us. Roads are closing, cars are underwater, and it's chaos. This rain is supposed to continue all week. Please, please be careful. If anyone will be passing through Pensacola and wants my number in case of trouble just PM me.

Ashyukun
06-09-2012, 09:32 PM
With just 16 or so hours until I head out (I'm spending Monday through Thursday vacationing in Cocoa Beach), I'm starting to get more nervous... It's almost 900 miles from here in Lexington to there, which will be the longest trip I've taken the car on to date. I'm not doing it all in one shot- I'm doing from here to Atlanta tomorrow, and then the rest of the way Monday, but it's still daunting. I've checked and double-checked everything I can think of, but given both previous really long trips that I took had something go wrong that complicated things (but was fixable/able to be dealt with), I'm still pretty nervous!:paranoid:

Bitsyncmaster
06-10-2012, 07:14 AM
I have really been busy the last few months building inventory to sell at DCS. I will only accept cash sales at the show.

I will also have my new idle ECU available if you just want to plug it into your car and see if it corrects any problems you may have with idle. If you try it, don't judge the deceleration (punch throttle and see how it drops) because the ECU has to self calibrate to your car. So it will calibrate at the engine temp for the last car to use it and your car may be different. I'm interested to see if you get less or more hunting.