PDA

View Full Version : The weaker sex?

07-20-2011, 09:52 PM
King Kong and Godzilla gave me this idea, who's the weaker of the sexes?

My vote is for the woman, think about it this way, the woman does everything, she gives birth, lives longer then the man, has him fight wars over her manipulates him into working long hours and overtime to support the family that she wanted, convinced him that it was all his idea and makes us feel bad if we don't bring them home flowers once in awhile.

Look at the animal kingdom, the woman does all the hunting too! ya gotta hand it to em, there good!

What say you?

dvonk
07-21-2011, 12:09 AM
my opinion as a Zookeeper with a Biology degree:

it depends on the species and function. for example, in regards to caring for progeny, in some species the female has the entire responsibility, in other species genders share responsibility equally, and in a few species the males have more responsibility that the females (e.g., males in the family Syngnathidae (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syngnathidae), male Buttonquail (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttonquail), etc.)... but raising progeny is just one aspect of gender interaction.

do i think females of any species are more important than males? definitely.
one word is proof: Parthenogenesis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenogenesis). awesome.

and besides, i like females more anyway ;)

Dangermouse
07-21-2011, 07:45 AM
King Kong and Godzilla gave me this idea, who's the weaker of the sexes?

My vote is for the woman, think about it this way, the woman does everything, she gives birth, lives longer then the man, has him fight wars over her manipulates him into working long hours and overtime to support the family that she wanted, convinced him that it was all his idea and makes us feel bad if we don't bring them home flowers once in awhile.

Look at the animal kingdom, the woman does all the hunting too! ya gotta hand it to em, there good!

What say you?

Your argument is illogical Mr Spock. You ask "who is the weaker sex" and nominate the woman, and then list many reasons why she is the stronger sex.

sean
07-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Your argument is illogical Mr Spock. You ask "who is the weaker sex" and nominate the woman, and then list many reasons why she is the stronger sex.

What he said!

Also, weak is subjective and not well defined here.

Lenny
07-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Do you know why Women have the babies? Because if men had to have them then the human population would have ended several million years ago.

07-21-2011, 04:14 PM

So then by simple deduction it would indicate I think the "male" is the weaker of the two.

Also wanted to point to a "Myth Busters show" where they had both men and women place their hands in ice water, women across the board were able to keep their hand in the water far longer then all the men with 1 exception (as I recall) and if memory serves me well red heads took the pain the best.

Roman Legion
07-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Both are equally stong and equally weak.. A bullet can kill man or woman equally, we have the same major weaknesses and flaws as humans. This thread in itself is entirely sexist. :lockdance:

DMC3165
07-22-2011, 03:16 AM
I thought we were done with political/social issues.
:lockdance:

07-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Both are equally stong and equally weak.. A bullet can kill man or woman equally, we have the same major weaknesses and flaws as humans. This thread in itself is entirely sexist. :lockdance:

You need to get over yourself (in my opinion), this is a joke thread obviously you/I can make an argument for either sex.

Lighten up just a little!:notworthy:

Ryan
07-22-2011, 03:41 PM
You need to get over yourself (in my opinion), this is a joke thread obviously you/I can make an argument for either sex.

Lighten up just a little!:notworthy:

So you're not worthy of him lightening up? Or you want him to be not worthy because he doesn't lighten up? Or no one is worthy of your thread composing genius? :confused0:

At any rate, i think women are like a turbo engine and men are like a stock engine. And we all know that stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.

sean
07-22-2011, 03:48 PM
At any rate, i think women are like a turbo engine and men are like a stock engine. And we all know that stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.

At first I was like:
Damn, ryan's contributing.

Then I read this gem and I was like:
;)

Canon20DFan
07-22-2011, 06:33 PM
This thread can go no where.

sean
07-22-2011, 06:43 PM
This thread can go no where.

Roger that!