PDA

View Full Version : For Sale New listing for automatic on ebay

Mike Z
01-28-2014, 04:49 PM
What do you guys think about this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-Other-NO-RESERVE-1982-delorean-dmc-12-coupe-iconic-gullwing-supercar-selling-no-reserve-/121261969399?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c3bc6cff7&item=121261969399&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

It seems like a really nice car and I know there's time left on the bidding but I highly doubt it will go for as little as $16,766. Has anybody seen this car or know of the company selling it?

Chris Burns
01-28-2014, 05:07 PM
I looked it up and they are hoping to get 33k for it.

http://www.road2autos.com/usedcars/inventory/26090230/used/ca/used-1982-delorean-dmc_12_coupe-for-sale-in-bermuda_dunes-california

Jonathan
01-28-2014, 05:38 PM
What do you guys think about this one?

My 2 cents:

Spidey senses at 8 out of 10 minimum.

Do not bid on this car unless you see it with your own eyes first and ideally take it for a drive while you're there.

Not any one single reason to have been left this impression, just many little ones. This car looks to be hiding a lot of surprises not listed in the ad.

- Why does a California based company not sell to customers IN California?

- Frame pictures?
- Recalls done?
- Fuel gauge working? ("conveniently" hidden from almost all photos)
- Headlight switch problem?
- Right side wiper/signal stalk bent?
- Dent in drivers rear quarter?
- Centre console leather above vents not finished well? (for what reason?)
- HVAC mode control knob set to OFF makes me nervous personally.
- 130 mph speedo? (Huh?)
- What's an air conditioning pump?

The legalise at the bottom mentions not every electrical this and that expected to be working on 30-40 year old cars. I'm betting this is the most accurate statement on the entire ad.

This might be a nice car afterall. Go see it in person before making that conclusion though as $16k current bid is already over what would be safe to pay for this car without seeing it up close.

DMCMW Dave
01-28-2014, 05:39 PM
- Why does a California based company not sell to customers IN California?

Won't pass emissions?

Dangermouse
01-28-2014, 05:51 PM
I looked it up and they are hoping to get 33k for it.

http://www.road2autos.com/usedcars/inventory/26090230/used/ca/used-1982-delorean-dmc_12_coupe-for-sale-in-bermuda_dunes-california

"Body Style :Van "

That's a first !

Rich
01-28-2014, 09:40 PM
- Frame pictures? Based on the left side engine bay shot the frame looks OK. Agreeing more shots or a viewing are needed to properly value the car
- Recalls done?
- Fuel gauge working? ("conveniently" hidden from almost all photos)
- Headlight switch problem?
- Right side wiper/signal stalk bent?
- Dent in drivers rear quarter? Yes, looks like one down low ahead of the fascia/bumper
- Centre console leather above vents not finished well? (for what reason?)
- HVAC mode control knob set to OFF makes me nervous personally.
- 130 mph speedo? (Huh?) Some owners prefer it to the stock unit and the seller does mention it
- What's an air conditioning pump? probably the A/C compressor

Some comments inside the list above, which is a good start.

Also noting that the interior rear bulkhead is popped forward and not secured for some reason?
And the cargo net elastic is shot - easily fixed.
Need more shots of the dash/binnacle. That upper console tear/rip indicates lots of sunshine or something. The photos do not show the entire dash.

Interesting that so much renewal has been done on this car yet some easy stuff is just left undone. Maybe somebody's project ran beyond their time or budget.

If it runs well and the frame is OK then it's not overpriced - yet. The busted-bent stuff that's listed - so far - can all be taken care of reasonably.

skill
01-28-2014, 09:58 PM
"Body Style :Van "

That's a first !

lol. i had to go back to the listing to check that. rofl! WT@#@~?

Mike Z
01-29-2014, 12:04 AM
Thanks guys. I really didn't intend to bid on it. I would never do that without seeing it in person or having someone I trust look it over.

I was mostly curious to see what you guys thought about it and as usual you noticed a lot of important things that I overlooked.

LEVY
01-29-2014, 03:53 AM
Ad looks fishy, NM title, offered for sale in CA and just offered at auction in AZ, look at this:

http://www.russoandsteele.com/collector-car/1982-DeLorean-DMC-12/67782

LEVY

Edit:

Maybe they just wanted to make a little money!