PDA

View Full Version : For Sale '81 DMC-12 For Sale $25,500

Chris3991
02-25-2014, 04:28 PM
Hello all,

With a growing family and a desire to shift my disposable income to a new hobby I am putting my Delorean up for sale.
Its a September 1981 build, black interior, 5-speed with 11,400 original miles. I purchased the car in Nov. 2012 with 9,300 miles on it. It has become
my weekend driver and has only been driven on nice clear days. I've enjoyed the people I've met throughout ownership and I'm grateful for the resource this
website is to all Delorean enthusiasts. I have been blessed to own this car, even for a short time, and am thankful to cross the experience off of my bucket list.
I have the records for the maintenance that I've had done and all the replacement parts came from DMC Midwest (Thanks Dave and Julee!) or Special T Auto and the work I have had performed was done by Theo's Automotive (Peachtree City, GA) who specializes in imports and has a former Delorean mechanic on staff. As best I can figure, I am the third owner of the vehicle and I have traced the original sale to a Ford/Delorean dealership in Florida. I am quite certain the vehicle has never seen snow and has always been garaged.

Since Nov of 2012 I have:

Replaced both tail light circuit boards
Replaced front brake pads and rotors
Replaced front wheel bearings
Replaced steering column bushing
Replaced brake master cylinder
Upgraded original fuel pump & sender with the DMCH fuel pump kit
Replaced fuel accumulator
Changed fuel filter
Fuel injection system cleaned
Changed oil and filter
Changed transmission fluid
Replaced passenger side weatherstripping (never had any leaks, it was ripped in one spot and was changed for cosmetic reasons). Driver side in good condition
Upgraded air intake to the DMC cold air intake and replaced air filter
Coolant flushed and filled

Current issues:
The vehicle is getting the original R12 A/C system serviced. I will update this post when the A/C work is completed.
The reverse lights are also being serviced as I write this ad.
The luggage compartment light, engine bay light, and glove box light are inoperative and I have not diagnosed their problems yet. The interior lights are both working.

Future issues:
Driver's side seat belt needs replacing. The current belt works but it has a significant rip. I have a replacement belt I purchased from another owner but just haven't had the time to change it.

This car gets driven once or twice a week. There are no major electrical or starting issues whether the engine is hot or cold. Underside is very clean with no rust. Steering is straight and true with no rattles or shimmys. Stainless panels are excellent and the interior leather seats and dash have no cracks.

Included in the sale is a DMC Houston Car Cover.

Asking $25,500

Cheers,
Chris

25704257142571325712257112571025709257082570725706 25705257022570325715

Chris3991
03-26-2014, 02:45 PM
Those of you guest users to this site who have contacted me by PM regarding the vehicle, it is still available. The PM function doesn't work if you are not a registered user. In other words, I can not respond to your private message.

Cheers,
Chris

LEVY
03-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Those of you guest users to this site who have contacted me by PM regarding the vehicle, it is still available. The PM function doesn't work if you are not a registered user. In other words, I can not respond to your private message.

Cheers,
Chris

I don't bbelieve a guest user can contact you via pm or by any other means, however, a little "bump" is allowed every now and then.

LEVY

Chris3991
04-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Vehicle update:

Reverse lights have been fixed.
AC system has not been repaired however it has been cleaned out. It is the original R12 system with all original components.

Cheers,
Chris

Chris3991
05-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Vehicle has been sold.
Thanks to the DMCTalk.org community for the help. Now on to life's next adventure!
Cheers,
Chris