PDA

View Full Version : Just added a new Delorian Performance parts Exhaust System

BTTF-1
07-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Gents

Just added a new Delorian Performance parts Stainless Steel Exhaust System. I love the simplicity of its desighn and the sound is awesome. It reminds me of the Porsche sound that was used in the making of "Back to the Future" for the Delorean Time Machine.
Now driving the D is fun.

The price was extremely reasonable.
Ed:wave2:

http://img38.picoodle.com/i57o/edbenedit/0_ac2_ucb09.jpg (http://i.picoodle.com/c0eigjky)

robvanderveer
07-24-2011, 01:39 PM
The proper spelling would be DeLorean...

Farrar
07-24-2011, 05:24 PM
...unless the name of the company is "Delorian Performance Parts."

Farrar

deloreanperformanceparts
07-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Go easy guys........:shark:

dvonk
07-25-2011, 12:03 AM
do you have an audio clip?

TTait
07-25-2011, 02:22 AM
Looks great Ed! Make a recording for us when you can...

Farrar
07-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Agreed, I would like to hear how it sounds. It looks very similar to what I was planning - I plan to make dual exhaust with no catalytic converters using Houston's headers.

Farrar

SIMid
07-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Looks great and the tips finish her off nicely! :) Looks like you had to cut the rear bumper for the bigger diameter tips?

Chris 16409
07-25-2011, 06:48 PM
I guess you don't need a muffler heat shield any more with this exhaust.

deloreanperformanceparts
07-25-2011, 08:08 PM
do you have an audio clip?

Yes its hard to capture but its on you tube under deloreanperformanceparts exhaust...ive had a great response from my buyers stating its 'european / porsche ' sound. thanks
James

deloreanperformanceparts
07-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Looks great and the tips finish her off nicely! :) Looks like you had to cut the rear bumper for the bigger diameter tips?

No not needed, the exhaust fits neatly without any mods....thanks
James

deloreanperformanceparts
07-25-2011, 08:11 PM
I guess you don't need a muffler heat shield any more with this exhaust.

No a heat shield is not needed...thanks
James

deloreanperformanceparts
07-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Agreed, I would like to hear how it sounds. It looks very similar to what I was planning - I plan to make dual exhaust with no catalytic converters using Houston's headers.

Farrar

The sound clips are hard to hear realisticly but they are on you tube under
q0hapmTSmkM and UHN6XQJiVK8 Ill try to post a better sounding clip of the car shifting thru the gears in a few
Thanks
James

BTTF-1
07-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Gents
Sorry about the spelling. Just tooo many hours in the shop. 10 hours one day and 6 the other not to mention 4 hours drive each day to and from the shops.

Also my exhaust according to the welder was trimmed and welded on each side somewhat. Don't know if that would affect the sound.

However this puppy owned by this bad speller sounds awesome.

Ed

Farrar
07-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Just to make it easier for folks to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0hapmTSmkM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHN6XQJiVK8

Farrar

SIMid
07-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Sounds meaty!! :)

DMCNY
09-03-2011, 07:55 AM
The sound clips are hard to hear realisticly but they are on you tube under
q0hapmTSmkM and UHN6XQJiVK8 Ill try to post a better sounding clip of the car shifting thru the gears in a few
Thanks
James

Would you mind if I stopped by sometime so I could hear one of your systems in person? I'm only about an hour away from you.

jackb
09-03-2011, 08:58 AM
That sounds great, and I love the license plate!

Canon20DFan
09-04-2011, 06:43 PM
The "Delorean Performance Parts" is very close to DPI's name, Delorean Performance Industries, which has their own custom exhaust. I have one of DPI's exhausts, and jumped on the thread because I mistook the name...

bedhedned
10-27-2011, 04:01 PM
So does anyone know if anything has happened to Delorean Performance Parts? I ordered their exhaust nearly three months ago and haven't heard anything from them. When I try calling them no one answers, also their website is down. This is starting to really bother me, if I'm not going to get the exhaust then I'd really like my money back but I cannot get a hold of them.

delornut
10-27-2011, 04:49 PM
So does anyone know if anything has happened to Delorean Performance Parts? I ordered their exhaust nearly three months ago and haven't heard anything from them. When I try calling them no one answers, also their website is down. This is starting to really bother me, if I'm not going to get the exhaust then I'd really like my money back but I cannot get a hold of them.

His DeLorean and parts inventory were for sale on EBay some time ago.

Bruce Benson

Delorean Industries
10-27-2011, 04:52 PM

He is no longer in business as of a little while back. He apparently put the business up for sale on ebay a while back along with his car. Have not seen or heard anything from him since.

For the record there was nothing custom about the set up. The headers are Hervey DAP headers. We have received a number of calls from owners who have purchased from delorean performance parts and not received their orders or a refund due to a google search bringing up our company contact info when searching. We are NOT affiliated with James from Cairo NY or his now closed company or any products that he sold.

bedhedned
10-27-2011, 05:05 PM
...Great. Seriously, I'm pissed and want my money back. And yes, I realized Delorean Performance Industries is not the same as Delorean Performance Parts. Well, I guess there's nothing anyone here can do about it, thanks for letting me know.

dmc6960
10-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Dispute with your credit card company?

I sold this guy my fuel lines back in the spring. When did he shut down?

Farrar
10-28-2011, 10:26 AM

I second this. I have only had to dispute a charge once but it was an easy process and the credit card company handled all the hard stuff. The charge reversed itself on my next statement.

Farrar

bedhedned
10-28-2011, 11:11 AM

I've already done that, we'll see if it works out (I imagine it should).

Farrar
10-28-2011, 11:26 AM
So I guess this...

:shark:

...is not going to happen? What a shame. I was looking forward to DPP eating up the competition. Or whatever that was, I never really understood it.

Farrar

easy now
10-28-2011, 12:11 PM
If anyone is interested, I have a complete fabricated stainless steel system for sale, 3/8" thick flanges, 1 5/8" primary tubes to 2.5" exhaust, magnaflow cross-flow muffler, v-band clamps, 4" tips, all stainless steel. Direct bolt-on system.This system was built from scratch and is BRAND NEW!

Delorean Industries
10-28-2011, 01:53 PM
If anyone is interested, I have a complete fabricated stainless steel system for sale, 3/8" thick flanges, 1 5/8" primary tubes to 2.5" exhaust, magnaflow cross-flow muffler, v-band clamps, 4" tips, all stainless steel. Direct bolt-on system.This system was built from scratch and is BRAND NEW!

That looks cool.

robvanderveer
10-28-2011, 04:55 PM

What would be the price quote on that?

easy now
10-28-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm open to offers, I have over a thousand bucks in it. I've decided to do an engine swap and its just sitting in my shop looking pretty. It really is a beautiful system.

easy now
11-06-2011, 01:20 AM
System is sold, I'm sure the new owner will love this,,,,,,,, thanks