PDA

View Full Version : Thinkgeek DeLorean Motor Company Jacket

MML
03-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Never saw this before. Not a bad looking jacket.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/1a2c/

http://i.imgur.com/p5z4odd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1RkOXxf.jpg

DMCNI
03-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Get her bought!!!

Michael
03-11-2014, 07:50 PM
How do you double the price of a jacket?

Add a DMC badge.....but that can apply to just about anything.

DeLorean03
03-11-2014, 09:27 PM
For $120 ??? No thanks.

thirdmanj
03-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Cease desist!!

Totally 80s
03-11-2014, 09:52 PM
I wish DMCH could make a decent (nice quality and easy to read) baseball cap. I've been waiting for a good Delorean hat for 20 years.

GS450-Junkie
03-11-2014, 10:01 PM
I wish DMCH could make a decent (nice quality and easy to read) baseball cap. I've been waiting for a good Delorean hat for 20 years.

A nice FITTED hat. Not one of those old man flopsy baseball hats that hangs over like a wet noodle if you hold it by the bill.

Totally 80s
03-12-2014, 12:48 AM
A nice FITTED hat. Not one of those old man flopsy baseball hats that hangs over like a wet noodle if you hold it by the bill.

I know is it to much to ask for a nice Black Pro-Fit hat with silver DMC/Delorean embroidered on it?

dustybarn
03-12-2014, 07:45 AM

I sorta made one myself. I found a blank black-and-grey baseball cap at a local flea market, and sewed one of DMCH's embroidered patches to the front.

thirdmanj
03-12-2014, 08:19 AM
I sorta made one myself. I found a blank black-and-grey baseball cap at a local flea market, and sewed one of DMCH's embroidered patches to the front.

May I please have your address for Houston's legal dept?

Dangermouse
03-12-2014, 08:34 AM
May I please have your address for Houston's legal dept?

So they can contact him for promotional purposes? He bought a DMCH sold item, designed to be sewn onto something, which he duly did, for his own use.

I assume that DMCH authorized this thinkgeek item too. They deal with all of these pop culture companies, so I am sure they are very clued up on what they can and cannot do with logos.

Still, a price of 120 hotwheels cars seem a lot.

thirdmanj
03-12-2014, 08:56 AM
So they can contact him for promotional purposes? He bought a DMCH sold item, designed to be sewn onto something, which he duly did, for his own use.

I assume that DMCH authorized this thinkgeek item too. They deal with all of these pop culture companies, so I am sure they are very clued up on what they can and cannot do with logos.

Still, a price of 120 hotwheels cars seem a lot.

Nah man, he made it himself by canibalising from and official DMCH clothing accessory. Not cool man. Not cool. How dare he. ;)

Michael
03-12-2014, 08:59 AM

It was a joke.

Nobody understands our humor James. Imagine Dennis Miller and Gary Shandling rolled into one person performing for a heard of lemmings.

Dangermouse
03-12-2014, 09:33 AM
It was a joke.

You never know with James........

Mark D
03-12-2014, 10:39 AM
I know is it to much to ask for a nice Black Pro-Fit hat with silver DMC/Delorean embroidered on it?

I had my brother make me a hat just like this. He runs a graphic design shop that does custom embroidering.

... It's a plain black fitted hat with a small DMC logo embroidered in silver thread on the front left. There is another logo of the same size centered in back near the bottom.

DMCH does not own the rights to this logo... It is public domain. (DMCH DOES own the rights to that jacket logo, however.)

This is the only picture I could find of me wearing it...lol

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=25970&d=1394635070

mluder
03-12-2014, 04:00 PM

I bought one (not from DMC) that I believe was done similarly... Black baseball cap with one of the embroidered patches sewn on. I love it.

Cheers
Steven

GS450-Junkie
03-12-2014, 05:35 PM
I WANT ONE!!!!! Have it ready for when I come and drop off your binnacle in a few weeks. :deviltail:

I had my brother make me a hat just like this. He runs a graphic design shop that does custom embroidering.

... It's a plain black fitted hat with a small DMC logo embroidered in silver thread on the front left. There is another logo of the same size centered in back near the bottom.

DMCH does not own the rights to this logo... It is public domain. (DMCH DOES own the rights to that jacket logo, however.)

This is the only picture I could find of me wearing it...lol

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=25970&d=1394635070

ALEXAKOS
03-14-2014, 07:36 AM
How do you double the price of a jacket?

Add a DMC badge.....but that can apply to just about anything.

I did just that by placing a DMC badge on my old black Columbia jacket. Looks just like that;)

PS cute bear Mark!!!

rothsean
07-15-2014, 10:29 PM
I did just that by placing a DMC badge on my old black Columbia jacket. Looks just like that;)

PS cute bear Mark!!!

Heck that's nothing. I saw a guy at the Amelia Island Concours this year selling a lot of car clothing. He had nice, black Nike jackets with just DMC on the left front pocket area. The DMC is identical to the DeLorean logo.

I asked him if he got these from DMCH or on of the franchises, he said no, he just made them. Selling for $60 each. He sold out by Saturday....