PDA

View Full Version : Hello Southern California DeLorean Club

Mike C.
03-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Here is the section for your group. Enjoy!!

-Mike

cycleroland
04-16-2014, 01:28 AM
Here is the section for your group. Enjoy!!

-Mike

Thank you Mike! This is GREAT news. I will spread the word with our So Cal group.

~Roland

Riley88
11-19-2014, 04:57 PM
Hey there, just bought a D. What is the link to the club websight, anyone?:) I am interested as a fellow enthusiast!

yellowmxwheels23
11-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Hey there, just bought a D. What is the link to the club websight, anyone?:) I am interested as a fellow enthusiast!

DOA is up and running again.
Signed up at the last British car day here in San Diego.
Magazine showed up like a week or so later.
What part of SD are you in?

rileydawgg
11-20-2014, 07:56 PM

Another "Riley" DeLorean owner? Let alone in Socal?? Are we brothers??? 8)

Riley88
11-24-2014, 01:09 AM
Haha Riley is my last name. I'm in the navy stationed at 32nd street naval base. I live on Chula Vista. It's not too shabby. What part are you guys in? LA and east sd nice. Are there meet ups? I néed to sign up ^.^

rileydawgg
11-24-2014, 02:21 AM
Actually, so is mine. I just go by Riley though. I'm in LA, Culver City/BH area... originally from Detroit. Ive only been to a couple meetups thru DMC, and another owner who works in my same building and saw my car. I tried emailing thru the SoCal club website but never heard back, and this "Club" thread doesn't see much activity on this forum as far as I can tell... but maybe you'll have better luck than me. I think there are more D owners in OC than LA anyway.

Riley88
11-24-2014, 02:44 AM
Ive only ever seen one here in San Diego. Its funny because i thought there would be so many... Im headed to dm in Huntington beach tomorrow to get some small stuff fixed and a general engine tune

rileydawgg
11-24-2014, 02:54 AM
When you're there, ask Danny about the next show... I think it's a parade in Laguna Niguel.

I'd also like to take the car down to cars and coffee one sat morning... but it's soooo early.

Riley88
11-24-2014, 03:48 AM
WIll do!

yellowmxwheels23
11-25-2014, 02:34 AM
There's a few of us in SD.
I think there are 4 known D's in the Chula Vista area.
I'm in Rancho San Diego

skill
11-26-2014, 11:25 AM
There's a few of us in SD.
I think there are 4 known D's in the Chula Vista area.
I'm in Rancho San Diego

sup? Did someone say, "Chulajuana"? ¿ lol Hello Riley88!

Riley88
11-27-2014, 10:11 PM
Chulajauna lol so true! So I did go to dmc in huntington. Danny and Cameron gave me a awesome tour. Danny gave me some info about a event going on in Vegas early next year. I'm at a meal atm thanksgiving :p. Do we do get togethers? Where's this cars and coffee hosted at? Awesome!

rileydawgg
11-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Cars and Coffee is in Irvine, you can google or Facebook it, it's 7am sat mornings. Haven't been since I've gotten my D... but I'm pretty sure the DeLorean is a car that would be welcomed in the main parking area and not the back lot where they send all the BMWAudi guys who think since the have new rims and exhaust that their cars are exotics.

Timebender
11-28-2014, 12:30 PM
I'm in Jamul but don't have a D yet. There's one other guy in Chula Vista here- Skill. Also there is a cars and coffee I think every Sunday morning in Kearny Mesa next to Fun Bike Center

skill
11-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Chulajauna lol so true! So I did go to dmc in huntington. Danny and Cameron gave me a awesome tour. Danny gave me some info about a event going on in Vegas early next year. I'm at a meal atm thanksgiving :p. Do we do get togethers? Where's this cars and coffee hosted at? Awesome! Happy Thanksgiving! Count me in for the Vegas. I haven't met Danny or Cameron, but would like to in the future and bring my little boys along to DMC-Huntington... to show them that there is no such thing as a Tardis but a true real machine and it has a workshop!

Riley88
11-28-2014, 08:19 PM
Happy Thanksgiving! Count me in for the Vegas. I haven't met Danny or Cameron, but would like to in the future and bring my little boys along to DMC-Huntington... to show them that there is no such thing as a Tardis but a true real machine and it has a workshop!

Had a great time there. Its a sort of small shop actually. I only took 2 pics. Ill link them. one is my car when i pulled up and another is a car that Danny is working on;) I feel bad and dont want to be one of those people who just is on their phone when someone is talking to them, so thats why i was so casual with my camera. Sort of a pet peeve of mine

31881 thts my car when i first arrived i was so excited! 31882

Riley88
11-28-2014, 08:19 PM
Had a great time there. Its a sort of small shop actually. I only took 2 pics. Ill link them. one is my car when i pulled up and another is a car that Danny is working on;) I feel bad and dont want to be one of those people who just is on their phone when someone is talking to them, so thats why i was so casual with my camera. Sort of a pet peeve of mine

31881 thts my car when i first arrived i was so excited! 31882

one pic is sideways...it gives you an idea i guess

Elvis
12-03-2014, 06:08 AM
Hey all,

I'm going to be in San Diego from December 14 to 28, hope to get the chance
to meet some Delorean owners. Is there a gathering or some nice event during these 2 weeks ?

My DeLorean was sold in San Diego back then, VIN 6548. Now we live in Germany.

I'd love to meet 6549 :-)

Hope to mee you guys soon. I am pretty good in all electrical stuff on these cars,
so if there are problems and questions, I might be able to help.

Elvis & 6548

Riley88
12-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Hey there, Love to show you mine but shes up int he shop at dmc, idk when the car will be done~_~

Riley88
12-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Anyone want to try to get together a San Diego meet up later this month or in january?I have been thinking this would be awesome and all us local owners can meet. Have our own deloreans and coffee meet up or something

Timebender
12-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Last week of this month would be great, though I still don't have my D. We could get Dan and Dusty to show up maybe, and there's a few other guys as well.

drdelorean
01-21-2015, 06:52 PM
Hey guys!

Im heading over to DMCCA on February the 12th to pick up my Delorean all the way from Norway. I will stay in LA for about to weeks and drive the car, would be cool to meet up with some other Delorean owners while Im there!

Cheers!

Riley88
01-21-2015, 09:27 PM
Based in San Diego i picked mine back up from there. I know another local sd owner dusty is here i need to get a local meetup going, ben REALLY wanting too. Gratz on the purchase!

rileydawgg
01-22-2015, 02:31 AM
Handful of us are meeting this weekend in Marina Del Rey... but always up for another get together. Where are you staying?

drdelorean
01-22-2015, 05:08 AM
I'll be staying in Glendale, but I can meet up anywhere in the LA-OC county area ;)

rileydawgg
01-22-2015, 01:26 PM
If you're in Glendale, then you should at the very least take your DeLorean to Bob's Big Boy in Burbank friday afternoon/evening for their weekly cruise-in... regardless of whether or not we can get some other people together for a meetup. It's a great chance to see a bunch of cool cars, and you will be a big hit with yours.

Timebender
01-22-2015, 04:01 PM
I get my D TODAY!!! So, maybe in the next few weeks we can have a San Diego get together at a Sonic. Eventually we can do one at my house out in Jamul (backside of Chula Vista) for BBQ.

Greg

drdelorean
01-22-2015, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I've been to the Big Boys in toluca lake a few times, I had no idea they had a cars and coffee sorta friday afternoon thing, but I will definitely check that out both fridays while Im there!

Also, I wouldn't mind a road trip to San Diego for a get together!

Alexander_wolfgang
07-31-2015, 09:07 PM
When's the next get together?

Ive had my Delorean for a month now and am very excited to have it! I'd love to meet anyone in the San Diego area!!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/atietz85/Delorean/IMG_0375_zpsfjfooqm4.jpg (http://s72.photobucket.com/user/atietz85/media/Delorean/IMG_0375_zpsfjfooqm4.jpg.html)

Riley88
08-01-2015, 06:30 PM
When's the next get together?

Ive had my Delorean for a month now and am very excited to have it! I'd love to meet anyone in the San Diego area!!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/atietz85/Delorean/IMG_0375_zpsfjfooqm4.jpg (http://s72.photobucket.com/user/atietz85/media/Delorean/IMG_0375_zpsfjfooqm4.jpg.html)
Hey there. Other local owner here. I'm in chula. I'm active duty navy so I am actually up in Seattle atm for the sea fair. When I am back later this month we can do a meet up! I'm good friends with another owner here. Can't wait to see yours what month and year is yours? good stuff feel free to message me. I can always come help with car mods and troubleshooting as well as suggestions for preventative maintenence. I'm a radar tech so that's my life

Alexander_wolfgang
08-03-2015, 04:29 PM
Hey there. Other local owner here. I'm in chula. I'm active duty navy so I am actually up in Seattle atm for the sea fair. When I am back later this month we can do a meet up! I'm good friends with another owner here. Can't wait to see yours what month and year is yours? good stuff feel free to message me. I can always come help with car mods and troubleshooting as well as suggestions for preventative maintenence. I'm a radar tech so that's my life

Hey Riley, Let me know when you have some free time, i'd love to meet other owners. Ive only had mine for a few months now but I have been non-stop with it. I go everywhere!
Oct. 1981
What kind of Mods do you do? Im interested in a few things to update, like the radio is a big one!

Timebender
08-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Let's plan on both a tech get-together (we could do my house out in East County/Jamul - or anyone else who has the room for the cars and tools - my work area is a little bit of a mess), and a Friday night at the Sonic in North Park on El Cajon Blvd. just west of the 805.
Maybe when Riley gets back. We just need to let the other guys know too.

How's that sound?

Greg

MacinTek
09-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Hello fellow time travelers from San Diego County! Not much going on in the DMC12 world these days. Mine's been out of commission since last November when the engine wire harness kept fraying and frying my starter motor(s). I'm finally getting it put back together but, as usual, I'm waiting for parts to arrive... specifically the fuel system banjo bolts. I figured I might as well replace what I can while the thing is apart... dress it up a little with new shiny bits.

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=36457&stc=1

This is my 1983 DeLorean which I inherited when my father died, unbeknownst to him. He was the original owner, took delivery Thanksgiving weekend, 1982.

Timebender
09-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Welcome fellow San Diego DeLorean owner! Fallbrook - nice area. I'd like to plan on getting all of us together soon before our Summer is over (even though when it turns to Fall it's still pretty much Summer). I was thinking sometime this month at the Sonic in Kearny Mesa - that seems pretty central to most of us. Whether your DeLorean is running or not, I think it would be great to meet other local owners - and maybe start a sub-club of the SoCal club for local events and drives.

Greg

DMCMW Dave
09-02-2015, 05:12 PM
Welcome fellow San Diego DeLorean owner! Fallbrook - nice area. I'd like to plan on getting all of us together soon before our Summer is over (even though when it turns to Fall it's still pretty much Summer).

You guys . . . . I've been to San Diego, it's summer ALL the time.

Timebender
09-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Well, not when it gets down to under 35 at night in East County, and we get snow in the local mountains... but yeah, it's pretty much Summer all the time.

Domi
09-03-2015, 03:11 PM
This is my 1983 DeLorean which I inherited when my father died, unbeknownst to him. He was the original owner, took delivery Thanksgiving weekend, 1982.

Original owner from your father, this is really nice. You must be very proud to own his car now, take good care of it.