PDA

View Full Version : No more members?

Michael
03-22-2014, 06:50 PM
I guess we are all out of worthwhile candidates. We haven't had a MOTM in 3 months now.

Soundkillr
03-22-2014, 10:49 PM
I'm not good enough for you??? C'mon man, if you're gonna go out, go out with a bang!

thirdmanj
03-22-2014, 10:53 PM
I guess we are all out of worthwhile candidates. We haven't had a MOTM in 3 months now.

They all moved to Today.

RoyHinkley
03-22-2014, 11:05 PM
They all moved to Today.
Today I'm on Today, but I'd also like to talk on Talk.

opethmike
03-23-2014, 11:04 PM
Wonder which Today alumnus is using this fake account.

Dangermouse
03-23-2014, 11:48 PM
Steve RoberFlyerBoo

Ron
03-24-2014, 12:05 AM
Wonder which Today alumnus is using this fake account.Of those you are probably thinking of, ..virtually all of them.:devil:

RoyHinkley
03-24-2014, 07:10 PM
Of those you are probably thinking of, ..virtually all of them.:devil:

Way off Ronny boy! Way off. :hysterical:

I've been on both forums for quite some time now. I see the obvious difference no-one here wants to admit.
Not trying to drum up trouble, not a "troll" as you all call it. Just calling it like it is.
Professor Roy Hinkley

RoyHinkley
03-24-2014, 07:13 PM
They all moved to Today.

And life is much happier there I have seen.
Peace.
Professor Roy Hinkley

Michael
03-24-2014, 07:35 PM
And life is much happier there I have seen.
Peace.
Professor Roy Hinkley

And yet you guys continue to come running back to post here.

RoyHinkley
03-24-2014, 07:54 PM
And yet you guys continue to come running back to post here.

But I'm not one of "those guys".

Professor Roy Hinkley

thirdmanj
03-25-2014, 10:52 AM
I've been on both forums for quite some time now.

Not according to your join date.

Mike C.
03-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Seriously.... stop all of the Us vs. Them posts...

I was off the board from Thanksgiving until about a week ago for personal reasons. I assumed that it was being continued in my absence, but apparently I was wrong. It will be returning for April, 2014. Simple explanation.

Michael
03-25-2014, 04:11 PM
So just a recap. On DMCTalk, you can't talk about religion. You can't talk about politics, and you can't talk about other boards....I think you need to change the name.

I'm off to join Today...maybe I will be the 200th member?

Mike C.
03-25-2014, 05:25 PM
Where does it say you can't talk about other boards? There's a difference between talking about another board and calling out members, taunting, etc...

Again, Michael...

What i'm trying to curb is all of the bashing of other members on other boards. If you prefer to join DMCToday, then by all means, have a good time... no one is stopping you. All i am trying to do is have DeLorean owners act like adults and stop bashing other DeLorean owners, which cause them to stop using the boards because of (and I quote random complaints) "immaturity", "bullying", etc.

If you feel it is better over there, then go right ahead. I'm tired of seeing members from over here complaining that they would rather use the DML of all things because of people bashing other delorean owners between the forums.

If you just want to keep beating a dead horse and say "oh, we're too censored", then that's your opinion. No one is censoring your views.

As a person trying to stop all the bickering between the two forums, I once again request that people stop with the us vs. them threads. If you like one particular forum, then just use it and help other D owners out instead of trying to become part of the group ostracizing delorean owners for their choices.

Again, let them enjoy their forum style, feel free to participate. Just everyone stop with the us vs. them comparisons. Is that too much to honestly ask??

Mike C.
03-25-2014, 05:44 PM
Better way of putting it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTh5JzRziHE

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2009/349/6/1/ROADHOUSE_by_JDLinus.jpg

RoyHinkley
03-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Not according to your join date.
J, as I told you in a pm. I have been on both forums for a long time now as a guest. I just joined as a member recently. Many people are guests for years before joining, and guests can see every piece of textual information, just not pictures.
Don't feel threatened by me J, I mean no harm to anyone. I am also much nicer and mature than many. (On both forums)
Professor Roy Hinkley

RoyHinkley
03-25-2014, 08:48 PM
So just a recap. On DMCTalk, you can't talk about religion. You can't talk about politics, and you can't talk about other boards....I think you need to change the name.

I'm off to join Today...maybe I will be the 200th member?

You will find you are treated with much, much more respect on Today. It just seems to be the trend there for their members.

Professor Roy Hinkley

RoyHinkley
03-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Where does it say you can't talk about other boards? There's a difference between talking about another board and calling out members, taunting, etc...

Again, Michael...

What i'm trying to curb is all of the bashing of other members on other boards. If you prefer to join DMCToday, then by all means, have a good time... no one is stopping you. All i am trying to do is have DeLorean owners act like adults and stop bashing other DeLorean owners, which cause them to stop using the boards because of (and I quote random complaints) "immaturity", "bullying", etc.

If you feel it is better over there, then go right ahead. I'm tired of seeing members from over here complaining that they would rather use the DML of all things because of people bashing other delorean owners between the forums.

If you just want to keep beating a dead horse and say "oh, we're too censored", then that's your opinion. No one is censoring your views.

As a person trying to stop all the bickering between the two forums, I once again request that people stop with the us vs. them threads. If you like one particular forum, then just use it and help other D owners out instead of trying to become part of the group ostracizing delorean owners for their choices.

Again, let them enjoy their forum style, feel free to participate. Just everyone stop with the us vs. them comparisons. Is that too much to honestly ask??

Excuse me, I fail to see where I taunted anyone.
If I did, I apologize. Some people can dish out things and be completely profane and insulting but cry when they feel someone calls them out on it. Isn't that what has happened here? And if that is exactly what has happened and now I am being blamed, isn't that censoring my view?
Seems a little one sided what you said.

Professor Roy Hinkley

Mike C.
03-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Roy, I wasn't speaking to you. It was in reference to no one in particular at all. I'm sorry if you felt it was directed your way.

I just want people to not be nasty to people from other forums and vice versa. It's been this whole one forum versus the other forum and it has driven relatively new people from the forum away and frankly I don't want people who are just coming aboard (like you for instance) to not feel welcome because of something that has been drawn out long enough.

Car communities are supposed to be that...communities. But there are so many members holding grudges over things that have happened so long ago, or people antagonizing visitors from other forums as what happened a few weeks ago that upset other members. If some people think it's censorship for asking that people just stop the comments that are obviously bothering others, then I don't know what else to say but "be nice".

When we hear from people with under 15 posts who haven't been on the forum long at all who say there is too much drama, then it's a problem.

I hope that clears that up a little. We are just tired of people feeling like they are being pushed away for being new or for being a member of another forum.

thirdmanj
03-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Excuse me, I fail to see where I taunted anyone.
If I did, I apologize. Some people can dish out things and be completely profane and insulting but cry when they feel someone calls them out on it. Isn't that what has happened here? And if that is exactly what has happened and now I am being blamed, isn't that censoring my view?
Seems a little one sided what you said.

Professor Roy Hinkley

And who might that be Roy? Some EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE if you please, sir.

RoyHinkley
03-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Roy, I wasn't speaking to you. It was in reference to no one in particular at all. I'm sorry if you felt it was directed your way.

I just want people to not be nasty to people from other forums and vice versa. It's been this whole one forum versus the other forum and it has driven relatively new people from the forum away and frankly I don't want people who are just coming aboard (like you for instance) to not feel welcome because of something that has been drawn out long enough.

Car communities are supposed to be that...communities. But there are so many members holding grudges over things that have happened so long ago, or people antagonizing visitors from other forums as what happened a few weeks ago that upset other members. If some people think it's censorship for asking that people just stop the comments that are obviously bothering others, then I don't know what else to say but "be nice".

When we hear from people with under 15 posts who haven't been on the forum long at all who say there is too much drama, then it's a problem.

I hope that clears that up a little. We are just tired of people feeling like they are being pushed away for being new or for being a member of another forum.

Thank you Mike, I can see you give and deserve respect. I will stop calling J on his antics. He is having his idea of "fun" and I was getting caught up in calling him out on it. As I said, I have been visiting as a guest for a little over a year, but finally decided to put my two cents in. Although it may have been pointed at J, I was just trying to call it as I see it, not trying to insult or hurt anyone. Peace, to EVERYONE, no matter what forum they choose to visit or be a member of. And no matter what they choose to do with their car.
Professor Roy Hinkley

Tillsy
03-25-2014, 11:49 PM
and you can't talk about other boards....

Thats not what is going on - there is no thread discussing other boards, but there are threads being derailed into talk vs today arguments all over the darn place.

Click a thread about alternators and you get an argument that today members apparently have a bigger penis.

Click a thread about graining and you get an argument that today members are free to discuss politics.

Click a thread about car covers and you get an argument that newbies show up here and act like someone from there, I call it the way I see it no wait I call it the way I see it more than you, you sound like Tony no you sound like Belinda, I got your back no I got everyone's back, blah blah blah....

Okay above is a bit of an exaggeration simply to demonstrate a point, but for shits sake if I'm just an average Aussie getting sick to death of reading these arguments buried in legitimate conversations there has to be more feeling the same - all Mike asked for was for THAT sort of crap to stop. Seems like a pretty legitimate request I'd expect on ANY forum. Personally I'm disappointed at the LACK of moderation in this regard - all this crap should be split off the normal discussion threads and merged into a dedicated thread in the open forum. :(

Jacko
03-26-2014, 07:56 AM
What the hell are y'all arguing about? I thought we were here to talk about DeLoreans ...

Michael
03-26-2014, 08:49 AM

Again, Michael...

I can understand fully what you are saying...but don't you think the mods or administrators should lead by example? http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?9290-Talk-Today-Anchor-Man-Style-Street-Fight!!&p=137807#post137807

Sean posts this jab just this morning...and just so we are clear I have no problem with it. It's funny and I liked it but remember you are the ones who have a problem with us stirring the pot, and there you guys(administrators) go doing exactly what you asked us to stop doing.

Mike C.
03-26-2014, 09:16 AM
I can understand fully what you are saying...but don't you think the mods or administrators should lead by example? http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?9290-Talk-Today-Anchor-Man-Style-Street-Fight!!&p=137807#post137807

Sean posts this jab just this morning...and just so we are clear I have no problem with it. It's funny and I liked it but remember you are the ones who have a problem with us stirring the pot, and there you guys(administrators) go doing exactly what you asked us to stop doing.

Michael, I understand what you are saying, and to be fair I haven't seen what Sean posted.

One thing alot of people aren't aware of is Sean hasn't been a physical admin of DMCTalk since last year when he was replaced by Chris. As of now, I am the only active admin along with Tamir, with Jeremiah and (just recently added) Ben as moderators. But again, we have to focus on the big picture of those who ARE offended by the comments and want account deactivations, and also those who do take the time to send emails and PMs complaining about the bickering, whether it's because they DO take things personally or literally or they just don't understand the ribbing. The only request we have is everyone just try to stop the stirring of the pot as much.

When "Roy Hinkley" made it known he frequents the other board, is it fair to him to automatically assume he's not an asset to the D community or that he's here to stir the pot because he possibly could be an alias of a banned member? I don't think so. Give the guy a chance... he's only been here a week. That's the point i'm trying to make.
We just want to see things end on a decent note between people before ribbing becomes an accidental insult due to someone taking the internet and typed messages too literally. How many times do we see typed messages turn into fights because people misread or misinterpret the tone of the read message? It sucks, but it happens alot. An example of that can be the Lou and "Boo" incident where messages made him not want to come back.

DMCToday and other DeLorean related sites aren't new, and we just want it to remain a community of people who still appreciate the cars, no matter what forum or mailing list they decide to hang out at. Where does the line get drawn? I definitely don't want to see it get to the point that a DeLorean owner isn't helped when they are in trouble just because of the forum they post on. It's been said by some members of the D community that certain people won't help others due to some blown out personal grudge that happened YEARS ago, and that's just pathetic. If you learn from the DeLorean community, you should be willing to help those out in the community that need help. Maybe at that point hatchets can be buried, the past can be changed (no bttf reference intended), and there won't be a need for all this negativity.

I don't care who you are, but if you're a D owner and I can get you back on the road, i'll help you out, plain and simple. Case in point, i had never met Matt Parker in Atlanta until an open house in 2005. he didn't have any arrangements as for a place to stay so I put him up in a hotel in Fort Lauderdale so he wouldn't be sleeping on the beach while another D owner Steve took all of us out for dinner, JUST BECAUSE OF THE COMMUNITY.

We are making an effort to stop all the bickering. In my eyes, the D community was MUCH more fun 15 years ago, and i'd like to see it get back to a place like that. If people want to keep living in the past and holding on to these grudges and the negativity, then nothing is ever going to change for the better.

thirdmanj
03-26-2014, 09:54 AM
Thank you Mike, I can see you give and deserve respect. I will stop calling J on his antics. He is having his idea of "fun" and I was getting caught up in calling him out on it. As I said, I have been visiting as a guest for a little over a year, but finally decided to put my two cents in. Although it may have been pointed at J, I was just trying to call it as I see it, not trying to insult or hurt anyone. Peace, to EVERYONE, no matter what forum they choose to visit or be a member of. And no matter what they choose to do with their car.
Professor Roy Hinkley

There's nothing to "call out"! Aside from your limited subjective analysis of the situation. That's what "call it as I see it", means. That joke of a thread was effectively dead before you started in outta nowhere with that weird ass post that lead to this nonsense.

Mike C.
03-26-2014, 09:56 AM
There's nothing to "call out"! Aside from your limited subjective analysis of the situation. That's what "call it as I see it", means. That joke of a thread was effectively dead before you started in outta nowhere with that weird ass post that lead to this nonsense.

You and Roy just take it to PM.

NightFlyer
03-26-2014, 01:14 PM
There's nothing to "call out"!

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=26151&d=1395854051

Farrar
03-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Seriously.... stop all of the Us vs. Them posts...

I echo this plea.

Alan
03-26-2014, 09:05 PM
I echo this plea.

As do I.

I'm a non-owner who likes to hang out here... and wants to continue to like to hang out here.

The bickering makes that difficult. It doesn't offend me. I don't take it personally. It just detracts from what I'm here for.

Mark D
03-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Yeah or at the very least keep it contained to one thread. If you guys want to have an anchorman brawl thread that's fine by me. I can avoid the drama by not clicking the link.

But when there are multiple threads with the same kind of discussion or it spills over into threads where people are looking for tech help it starts to get annoying.

I don't like adding people to my ignore list because for the most part the people involved in these types of discussions also have valuable contributions to other threads.

DeLorean03
04-01-2014, 09:48 PM
You know, it's funny how this stuff works.

We clamp down on people abusing the forums, people say we are power hungry fascists - even though we are just enforcing the rules.

We don't clamp down in abusers, and we are told we're not doing our jobs.

What really annoys me, people that come to the forums and they study the forum rules - and you can tell who does it - because they skirt around every rule doing as much as they possibly can without actually breaking the rules, and that is so childish. It goes back to the age old "I'm not touching you" crap, where someone has their finger only a few atom lengths away from you and is "not technically" touching you, but needs a good kick right in the nads.

Personally, if it was up to me, I'd start handing out multiple day bans left and right to some people. I'd gladly announce "You don't like the rules - you want to scoot around every rule without breaking them by technicality only and piss off long time members/scare off new people - fine - down comes the ban hammer! And if you keep it up, we'll flat-out ban your ass until the internet is nothing more than a series of cans tied and held together by shoestrings all over the world ."

So ridiculous how some people claim to be in this community and continually push people's buttons just to get some sick satisfaction of successfully upsetting others while staying "within the rules". I so loathe the drama some people bring here just to incite others.

My thoughts: If you don't break the rules but piss people off and have a known record for it, you need to find a different forum. Go create your own, find a different hobby, catch up on a book or something - but I think a new rule needs to be if you are known and have a track record of "baiting and badgering" people here, well, we don't really need you here.

This is a community for DeLorean owners and enthusiasts. This is not some virtual high school where "trending topics" carry their way from one thread to the next. I don't think it is right for new owners/non-owners/admirers of the DeLorean to be run off by a couple bullies on here. That junk is going to end, and I'll gladly start dropping thread locks and will upgrade to admin status to pass out temporary bans like candy on Halloween if the admins feel that is necessary.

I'm all about second chances, but sometimes lines have to be drawn. So that's my thoughts on it. I took a good couple days off from here to re-prioritize some things in my life, but now I am back in the area, and I'll gladly help out in any way I can.

Remember, the admins and mods CANNOT police this entire forum. You see something going down with "lack of moderation" - come get us. I have had members do it, and I thank you to those who have. I will continue to investigate and help out in any ways I can.

Now, let's get back to being more of a community and less of enemies.

Soundkillr
04-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Looks for the "like" button!:cheers:

We clamp down on people abusing the forums, people say we are power hungry fascists - even though we are just enforcing the rules.

What really annoys me, people that come to the forums and they study the forum rules - and you can tell who does it - because they skirt around every rule doing as much as they possibly can without actually breaking the rules, and that is so childish. It goes back to the age old "I'm not touching you" crap, where someone has their finger only a few atom lengths away from you and is "not technically" touching you, but needs a good kick right in the nads.

Personally, if it was up to me, I'd start handing out multiple day bans left and right to some people. I'd gladly announce "You don't like the rules - you want to scoot around every rule without breaking them by technicality only and piss off long time members/scare off new people - fine - down comes the ban hammer! And if you keep it up, we'll flat-out ban your ass until the internet is nothing more than a series of cans tied and held together by shoestrings all over the world ."

So ridiculous how some people claim to be in this community and continually push people's buttons just to get some sick satisfaction of successfully upsetting others while staying "within the rules". I so loathe the drama some people bring here just to incite others.

My thoughts: If you don't break the rules but piss people off and have a known record for it, you need to find a different forum. Go create your own, find a different hobby, catch up on a book or something - but I think a new rule needs to be if you are known and have a track record of "baiting and badgering" people here, well, we don't really need you here.

This is a community for DeLorean owners and enthusiasts. This is not some virtual high school where "trending topics" carry their way from one thread to the next. I don't think it is right for new owners/non-owners/admirers of the DeLorean to be run off by a couple bullies on here. That junk is going to end, and I'll gladly start dropping thread locks and will upgrade to admin status to pass out temporary bans like candy on Halloween if the admins feel that is necessary.

I'm all about second chances, but sometimes lines have to be drawn. So that's my thoughts on it. I took a good couple days off from here to re-prioritize some things in my life, but now I am back in the area, and I'll gladly help out in any way I can.

Remember, the admins and mods CANNOT police this entire forum. You see something going down with "lack of moderation" - come get us. I have had members do it, and I thank you to those who have. I will continue to investigate and help out in any ways I can.

Alan
04-01-2014, 11:24 PM

Thank you!

RoyHinkley
04-02-2014, 09:13 AM

It's a good thing the unmoderated site doesn't suck nearly as bad as this site does.

Soundkillr
04-02-2014, 09:18 AM
It's a good thing the unmoderated site doesn't suck nearly as bad as this site does.

Don't like it? Simple Solution. Leave.

RoyHinkley
04-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Don't like it? Simple Solution. Leave.

Oh you wish. No no no. I wouldn't give the asses here that satisfaction. I'm here to stay, like it or not, I will stand up for the people who were bashed and bullied by members and moderators on this site. I have a lot of good information to share, just doing a little "housekeeping" first. No need for you to cry about it.
:bootyshake:

Soundkillr
04-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Oh you wish. No no no. I wouldn't give the asses here that satisfaction. I'm here to stay, like it or not, I will stand up for the people who were bashed and bullied by members and moderators on this site. I have a lot of good information to share, just doing a little "housekeeping" first. No need for you to cry about it.
:bootyshake:

This egging on by certain members is part of the problem. You obviously are aware of this. Your attitude isn't going to get you far. It's not your job to be forum martyr and get rid of the bad guys. You are not doing anyone here any favors including yourself....

RoyHinkley
04-02-2014, 09:35 AM
This egging on by certain members is part of the problem. You obviously are aware of this. Your attitude isn't going to get you far. It's not your job to be forum martyr and get rid of the bad guys. You are not doing anyone here any favors including yourself....

I never said I was a martyr, maybe more like an advocate.

Soundkillr
04-02-2014, 10:04 AM
...asking again, Guys Please stop the bickering!

Mike C.
04-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Roy, again...

If you are unhappy being on DMCTalk, then we simply ask that you spend your time on the other site if it's what you prefer so much. We all understand that member administrators from that site are all on board for their unmoderated way of life, and that's fine... We however are NOT unmoderated and we will continue to stay that way.

You are welcome to participate and share your knowledge, because again, that's what everyone is here for... not to judge which site is better, not to egg other people on. Just allow people on all the forums to appreciate the features of each one.

With that, this thread has been beaten to death. Everyone, just be considerate. End of discussion.