PDA

View Full Version : For Sale FS: 1981 Delorean, 5sp manual, black interior (located Melbourne, Australia)

MRDMC
03-22-2014, 07:42 PM
I've owned this Delorean for over 3 years. It was purchased late 2010 and personally imported from California in January, 2011. The previous owner acquired the car back in 1983, with 25,000miles (currently 53xxxmiles) and it was his pride & joy, as it is mine

The car has been a pleasure to own and drive, work on and see it change into an even more unique example. The seats have new leather, roof lining has been restored, height adjusted to give a more exotic stance, wheels painted and the whole body has been wrapped in a gloss yellow vinyl. The wrap can be easily removed before sale if desired, to reveal the original stainless steel panels, which are in excellent condition (as pictured, before vinyl was applied)

The car starts up first shot, everytime and runs perfectly.

It was recently featured in the February issue of Unique Cars magazine, driven and reviewed by legendary touring car driver, John Bowe

If you're in Australia and think to yourself, I can import something like this for WAY cheaper, do your research first. Yes, you may save a bit of money, but not all that much for an equivalent example... Along with the initial cost of the car (which at the moment the actual trading USD>AUD is at $1.13 (you will see 1.10 if you search it, but there is always about +3cents when trading) there is the cost of transporting the vehicle to the docks in the US, minimum 10% import tax, the actual fee of shipment, shipping insurance and other fees that you can be stung with ontop of all that if you're not careful. Another factor is the risk of importing - not seeing in the real life, before you buy.

I am not in a rush to sell the car, so if I do not get my asking price, I will simply keep it.

Asking price: $44,990

James