PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Looking for a Auto with Modern Restoration

Flicky
03-30-2014, 12:04 AM
Hello,

Looking to get another. I was going to just hang out and see if one showed up. However, I figure if someone is on the fence to sell, this might help them to know that there is at least one interested buyer with a fistful of cash ready. I've looked at far too many nasty, crusty cars where the person tells me it is "perfect original condition" only to find 3 inches of dust and pine needles on the engine cover, then open it up to find a seized "original" :rolleyes: turbo attached to a rusted out exhaust. There does look to be a rash of overpricing recently around the market, at the same time I see I've missed some great opportunities posted here in the last few months.

Ideally looking for this type of config:
Stage II with Auto
Any year will work, but later year cars have some things I like such as door pulls, hood, shifter, no antenna hole in fender. All can be changed, just money.
Black interior looks better, but not a deal breaker.
Must be a driven and modernized car!!! Condition>miles
Must have been serviced by a real DMC shop, or respected forum active shop, within the last year. Verified rust free frame and roof box, with no VOD issues.

As for price, all things are negotiable, figure in the $27,500 USD area. If you've saved me time and money with the right restoration work, it might open the wallet up.

If you happen to desire a LT1 Corvette, even better.

Thanks

Nicholas R
03-30-2014, 10:28 AM
If you happen to desire a LT1 Corvette, even better.

Uh... I'm desiring an LT1 Corvette; if you mean the 2014 direct port injection LT1 :D

Flicky
03-30-2014, 05:13 PM
Uh... I'm desiring an LT1 Corvette; if you mean the 2014 direct port injection LT1 :D

I was afraid of that when I posted it. I looked up what the old 454 ones were called. They have a dash (LT-1), so I figured I was safe. Then I saw that they are using it again. Why can't chevy come up with new names... Mine is a 1992, only worth around $9.5k at best, pretty much in the same condition that I'd like to find a Delorean in. I didn't figure anyone would actually be interested in it.

Flicky
05-24-2014, 12:58 AM
Got it! Thanks to all for the help.

Rich W
05-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Got it! Thanks to all for the help.

See you at DCS in Dayton next month.