PDA

View Full Version : UBSCC - United British Sports Car Club 25th Annual Car Show May 18th

jawn101
04-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Hey everyone! Me again.

The UBSCC car show is right around the corner on May 18th in Dixon. Pre-registration closes on May 1st, so be sure to register now if you want to join! Last year we had three DeLoreans show up, which was enough to give us our own judging class. Our very own Stephen Ivie took first place, and with that honor comes the right to represent our marque in the Winner's Circle this year! I hope he can make it and that we will get a few others to join as well. This is a fun event with what has historically been a very respectful group in attendance. Lots of great cars to look at, especially if you're an Anglophile like me. Weather is usually outstanding and there are vendors, a swap meet, music, etc.

Check it out and be sure to post here if you are interested in joining! I'd like to know if I will have enough friends there to merit a judging class, or if I will be lumped in with the "British Specialty" martians again :)

http://www.ubscc.org/CarShow.htm

dmc3130
04-15-2014, 08:21 PM
Hey everyone! Me again.

The UBSCC car show is right around the corner on May 18th in Dixon. Pre-registration closes on May 1st, so be sure to register now if you want to join! Last year we had three DeLoreans show up, which was enough to give us our own judging class. Our very own Stephen Ivie took first place, and with that honor comes the right to represent our marque in the Winner's Circle this year! I hope he can make it and that we will get a few others to join as well. This is a fun event with what has historically been a very respectful group in attendance. Lots of great cars to look at, especially if you're an Anglophile like me. Weather is usually outstanding and there are vendors, a swap meet, music, etc.

Check it out and be sure to post here if you are interested in joining! I'd like to know if I will have enough friends there to merit a judging class, or if I will be lumped in with the "British Specialty" martians again :)

http://www.ubscc.org/CarShow.htm

Hey John,

It looks like I should be abel to make this one. Will know soon. It's too bad I can't hang with you though. I'll be hobb nobbing (sp?) with the higher ups.:giggle:

DavidProehl
04-16-2014, 11:17 AM
I should be able to make it this year, but need to leave by 3:00 for another event. Will I be able to take home my 5th place trophy by then or will I be leaving too early?

jawn101
04-16-2014, 11:27 AM
I should be able to make it this year, but need to leave by 3:00 for another event. Will I be able to take home my 5th place trophy by then or will I be leaving too early?

They only give awards for top 3 in each class, so if we only get 3 cars we will all get one :) Last year Stephen took first, I took second and Brian in Sonoma took third. It's participant's choice, not a concours - so poise counts. :) If you bring all your props, you will certainly wow the punters and take top honors.

Yes - the awards ceremony is at 1:30 and people usually leave immediately after.

DavidProehl
04-19-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm officially paid up and registered. I'll be there!

Dangermouse
04-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Hey John,

It looks like I should be abel to make this one. Will know soon. It's too bad I can't hang with you though. I'll be hobb nobbing (sp?) with the higher ups.:giggle:

*hobnobbing I think

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/20/e4a3esyp.jpg

They are delicious btw

jawn101
04-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Awesome! Up to 3 :)

Yes, Hobnobs are tasty... :)

jawn101
04-24-2014, 12:28 AM
Just checked in with the organizer. So far there are 2 DeLoreans registered, me and David P. Stephen - you have to get in there soon to lock up your place in the Class A judging category!

That said, David and I still need 1 more owner to register (besides Stephen) to get our class locked in - otherwise we are British Specialty and doomed to obscurity :)

dmc3130
04-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Just checked in with the organizer. So far there are 2 DeLoreans registered, me and David P. Stephen - you have to get in there soon to lock up your place in the Class A judging category!

That said, David and I still need 1 more owner to register (besides Stephen) to get our class locked in - otherwise we are British Specialty and doomed to obscurity :)

I just registered via PayPal today. But I did not see a "Winners Circle" category. So I just entered the car and maybe they know what to do with it. If I need to do something different let me know.

elfking
05-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Sorry I can't make it this time, friend is turning 30 and having a party.... I tried to convince him we could have his party at the event but didn't work out!

I'll try and work on the car a bit that weekend in place of going. :)

jawn101
05-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Here are my photos from today - newbie Michael Persyn joined us and took second place, and David Proehl took first in class and with it the right to represent us in next year's Winner's Circle. Of course, that means I was 3rd - but no shame in that given my worthy competition.

Thanks for another fun day, guys!

NightFlyer
05-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Very nice - thanks for sharing!

Congrats to all of you :thumbup:

Interesting Esprit (the S1 or S2 or whatever it is - the one with the Giugiaro body).

Don't see many Reliant Robins on this side of the pond - I'd be scared to drive one here with how easy they are to tip over :smile:

Domi
05-19-2014, 02:23 PM
Awesome pictures, thank you for sharing ;)
Love the Lotus Esprit :)

Ryan S.
05-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Congrat Dave!!!

DavidProehl
05-19-2014, 02:52 PM
Congrat Dave!!!

Thanks! Not sure how that happened, Jon and Michael's cars were in top form and with infinitely less binnacle cracks. I'm guessing it was the slew of BTTF props I had sitting out :)

jawn101
05-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Thanks! Not sure how that happened, Jon and Michael's cars were in top form and with infinitely less binnacle cracks. I'm guessing it was the slew of BTTF props I had sitting out :)

It definitely is - the participant's choice judging model at this show in particular is all about butt kissing. David has all that midwestern charm and a ton of BTTF toys, and that's what seals the deal with this crowd :)

Next year David will be in the Winner's Circle and Stephen will be back in our class with 3130. He will win the 2015 class and go back to the Winner's Circle and maybe in 2016 someone else will win :)

NightFlyer
05-20-2014, 02:17 AM
It definitely is - the participant's choice judging model at this show in particular is all about butt kissing. David has all that midwestern charm and a ton of BTTF toys, and that's what seals the deal with this crowd :)

Next year David will be in the Winner's Circle and Stephen will be back in our class with 3130. He will win the 2015 class and go back to the Winner's Circle and maybe in 2016 someone else will win :)

Curious - what are the parameters of the class, exactly?

M4N B4G
05-20-2014, 02:22 AM
Hey it's Mike w/ 5984. Had a blast at the show Sunday. Ended up pretty sunburned so you know it was a good day. Looking forward to the tech days as I have a water pump swap on deck.

Cheers!

DavidProehl
05-20-2014, 12:35 PM
Here are a few of my photos. I was a bit more DeLorean centric on my photo taking.

jawn101
05-20-2014, 10:45 PM
Curious - what are the parameters of the class, exactly?

Parameters? LOL. Everyone who registers a car is given a card with a blank space next to each class name. You write the number of the car you like best next to the class and when the card is full, you drop it in a tub. They tally the votes and award the prizes :)

So, theoretically a crappy car with a charismatic owner could sweep a class. Not that this is what happened with David, but since there are no judging parameters outside "how many people liked you the best, for whatever reason" it's really anyone's game :)

jawn101
05-20-2014, 10:45 PM
Hey it's Mike w/ 5984. Had a blast at the show Sunday. Ended up pretty sunburned so you know it was a good day. Looking forward to the tech days as I have a water pump swap on deck.

Cheers!

Water pump AND fuel lines, right?? :) AND coolant header bottle.

NightFlyer
05-21-2014, 01:45 AM
Parameters? LOL. Everyone who registers a car is given a card with a blank space next to each class name. You write the number of the car you like best next to the class and when the card is full, you drop it in a tub. They tally the votes and award the prizes :)

So, theoretically a crappy car with a charismatic owner could sweep a class. Not that this is what happened with David, but since there are no judging parameters outside "how many people liked you the best, for whatever reason" it's really anyone's game :)

No, no - I meant who did you share the class with?

Does it go by year - such as all makes/models 1975-1985?
Or by type - such as all vehicles with 2.0L -3.0L engines?
Or some other parameter(s)?

Other than DeLoreans, what other cars at the show shared your class?

Or do DeLoreans have their own dedicated class at this show?

Rich
05-21-2014, 09:38 PM
No, no - I meant who did you share the class with?.....

Or do DeLoreans have their own dedicated class at this show?

Bingo.

There need to be enough of a given make/model to create a model-specific class at that show. Jon notes a 3-car minimum in post #4.

A buddy of mine entered his very, very nicely restored TR6 in that show this year only to find there were >25 other cars in the TR6 class. He did not "medal" there.

List of classes from last year, including DeLoreans, is here:

http://www.ubscc.org/UBSCC_Shows/dixon2013/2013Winners.html

NightFlyer
05-21-2014, 11:15 PM
Bingo.

There need to be enough of a given make/model to create a model-specific class at that show. Jon notes a 3-car minimum in post #4.

A buddy of mine entered his very, very nicely restored TR6 in that show this year only to find there were >25 other cars in the TR6 class. He did not "medal" there.

List of classes from last year, including DeLoreans, is here:

http://www.ubscc.org/UBSCC_Shows/dixon2013/2013Winners.html

I got it - thanks Rich! :thumbup:

I was wondering how three Deloreans at the same show take 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in class... :wink: