PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Trade very low mile WS6 Trans Am for Delorean

norbit2
05-11-2014, 09:41 PM
I have a MINT (Museum Condition) 2000 A4 WS6 Trans Am with only 13,500 miles on it that I am interested in trading for a Manual, Black Interior (Gas flap would be awesome) Delorean. I love my Trans Am but my heart has always been set on a Delorean.

The Trans Am has American Racing Headers and Y-Pipe with hi-flow cats, Borla Exhaust, LS6 Intake & Valley pan, Tuned by Frost, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, AEM Air/Fuel Wideband, B&M trans cooler, all UMI suspension parts in black, Toyo R888 tires in back, elite engineering catch can, Innovative Wiring 1/0 Gauge power wires & ground. I have every part that was removed on the car down to the original cat and headers gaskets.

If you have any interest on a possible trade (or know someone interested) feel free to email me any questions and contact info. I have a-lot more pics and can take pics of whatever is requested.

Cheers, Keith

Mark D
05-12-2014, 01:45 PM
What you want to do is add an intermediate step between trading a Trans Am directly for a DeLorean

Step 1: Trade your Trans Am for money.
Step 2: Trade your money for a DeLorean.

Should have no problems doing it that way.

In all seriousness I know I sound like a dick here, but it's true. Find a WS6 enthusiast to extract max dollar out of your current car. You'll be able to get a better DeLorean with cash in hand rather than settling for a DeLorean from someone who might be interested in your car. Actualy finding a DeLorean owner interested in trading for your car is the even bigger hurdle than what kind of condition the potential DeLorean trade will be in.

The chance of you finding a DeLorean owner that

A. Is considering getting rid of their car
B. Hasn't alread sold it for cash
C. Likes museum quality Trans Ams and wants one in his garage
D. Appreciates all the unique mods you've done to improve your car
E. Has the specific DeLorean you want

...is almost zero.

This has been covered before here:
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?7023-WTT-My-2006-Ford-Mustang-GT-for-your-Delorean

DMCMW Dave
05-12-2014, 03:15 PM
Agreed. What you are likely to get is someone with a not-so-good DeLorean who figures a Trans Am is easier to sell.

dn010
05-12-2014, 05:38 PM
I was able to trade back in 2002 for my DeLorean. It took many many months and corresponding with 40+ (I think 42 to be exact) owners who had their cars up for sale. Out of those 42, only 2 were interested in trading. The first guy who was interested went to look at my car and decided it wasn't for him because of all the mods I had done. The second guy was interested and that was that.

My point is while it is not "impossible", it was a pita, time consuming, and I was limited to just 1 car because no one else was interested. My car needed work when I got it, sure; but it was a good deal for me and I could always get another 1967 Mustang LOL! I don't regret it, but it is much easier and you'd have many more choices if you sell what you have and put up a cash offer.

Nicholas R
05-12-2014, 10:19 PM
I was able to trade back in 2002 for my DeLorean. It took many many months and corresponding with 40+ (I think 42 to be exact) owners who had their cars up for sale. Out of those 42, only 2 were interested in trading. The first guy who was interested went to look at my car and decided it wasn't for him because of all the mods I had done. The second guy was interested and that was that.

My point is while it is not "impossible", it was a pita, time consuming, and I was limited to just 1 car because no one else was interested. My car needed work when I got it, sure; but it was a good deal for me and I could always get another 1967 Mustang LOL! I don't regret it, but it is much easier and you'd have many more choices if you sell what you have and put up a cash offer.

Yea but also, I think that you're going to find more DeLorean owners that would like a 67 mustang than DeLorean owners that would like a 2000 Trans Am. Not trying to be mean to the OP, I'm just saying. Given my affinity for LS1 cars, I certainly appreciate a nice WS6, especially with the upgrades, but I still don't think it's on par in novelty or monetarily with a DeLorean or classic Mustang.

Btw, post more photos of the engine! :biggrin:

norbit2
05-13-2014, 03:16 AM
I know if someone were ever interested in trading it would not happen over night. I am in no rush to give up my Trans Am. As a matter of fact, the only car I would trade for is a Delorean. You never know whats out there and what people are looking for. If I don't trade the T/A before I save up for a Delorean then I will have both cars. ;) I never take out loans for vehicles; on that note, I would not blink an eye taking out a loan for Nicks LS1 Delorean! That is my my favorite engine swapped car. Period! Am an an engineering for Boeing and I can really appreciate the detail and work that went into Nicks Delorean.

A better pic of the engine for Nick.

RammJaeger
05-13-2014, 09:52 PM
I absolutely love the 2000 era Ram Air Trans Am. I really wanted one when they were new, but I couldn't afford one at the time. If yours was black, I might be tempted. But with that said, the blue book value on your car is $11,500 and that accounts for the low mileage and the best possible condition. Hagerty's says my Delorean is worth about $23,000. It's lower miles than even your car with 11,000 original miles. So as much as I'd live to have a Trans Am like yours, the value proposition just doesn't work out. I could sell my Delorean and get 2 low mileage mint condition Ram Air Trans Ams. Now I never have trusted Kelly Blue Book as they tend to undervalue cars, but even giving you the benefit of the doubt it's not worth more than $15,000.

LEVY
05-15-2014, 09:36 PM
I absolutely love the 2000 era Ram Air Trans Am. I really wanted one when they were new, but I couldn't afford one at the time. If yours was black, I might be tempted. But with that said, the blue book value on your car is $11,500 and that accounts for the low mileage and the best possible condition. Hagerty's says my Delorean is worth about $23,000. It's lower miles than even your car with 11,000 original miles. So as much as I'd live to have a Trans Am like yours, the value proposition just doesn't work out. I could sell my Delorean and get 2 low mileage mint condition Ram Air Trans Ams. Now I never have trusted Kelly Blue Book as they tend to undervalue cars, but even giving you the benefit of the doubt it's not worth more than $15,000.

Not nice!

This thread should be cleaned!

LEVY

norbit2
05-16-2014, 03:54 AM
Thank you LEVY. I agree! I am a little offended, especially for someone who has not even seen the car in person.

PS. Best of luck finding 2 museum condition WS6 Trans AMs for 11k! LMAO:elmo1:

LEVY
05-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Thank you LEVY. I agree! I am a little offended, especially for someone who has not even seen the car in person.

PS. Best of luck finding 2 museum condition WS6 Trans AMs for 11k! LMAO:elmo1:

Seems llke rules are meant to be broken!

LEVY

norbit2
03-22-2015, 12:19 AM
Also want to note milage is at 14,3XX.

Engine/performance:
LS6 Intake Manifold (Note, LS1 coolant lines were modified to fit under LS6 Manifold to allow 4 points of coolant flow) $400
LS6 Valley Pan Cover with Internal PCV (Eliminate external PCV lines) $100
SLP Lid and Smooth Bellows $170
Shaner S3 port & polished throttle body $125
Elite Engineering 2nd Gen Catch Can $175
American Racing 1 ¾” Headers with high-flow catted-Y and Wideband Port. $1580
SLP Stainless Exhaust Piping and Borla XR1 Muffler $500
(Not performance but…) Flowmaster dual Stainless exhaust tips: $120
Yank SS3200 Converter $745
TCI Flexplate $270
B&M 70266 Transmission Cooler $90
Hypertech thermostat $50
TA Performance Girdle and stud kit (Royal purple 75W-90 Fluid) $185
Toyo Proxes R888 rear tires $510
Frost Tuning $150

Handling: UMI 3-Point Subframe Connectors (Black) $400
UMI Poly/Roto-Joint Lower Control Arms (Black) $200
UMI Single adjustable Panhard Bar W-Roto-Joint (Black) $130
UMI Torque Arm Relocation Kit (Black) $260
UMI Adjustable Torque Arm (Black, OEM Length) $320
UMI Shock Tower Brace (Black) $80
UMI hardware $30
RPM stainless steel brake lines and ATE brake fluid $150

Electronics:
Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge (WS6 Black face) $250
AEM 30-4100 UEGO Air/Fuel $160
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X996 Receiver(Bluetooth hands free) $250
Kenwood Steering Wheel Control Adapter $60
JL Audio XR653-CSI 3-way Rear Speakers $350
JL Audio XR525-CSI 2-Way Front Speakers $300
JL Audio 10W6v2-D4 Sub $500
JL Audio HD900/5 Amp $1000
JL Audio remote Base Control $30
Sub thump Stealth Enclosure $100
Monster Cable RCAs and Full Copper wire $200

Miscellaneous:
Custom fit 3M clear bra on bumper & light covers $350
Windows lightly tinted $180
Battery Hold Down Bracket (Black) $40
Auto Dimming Mirror and Compass with Map lights $150
Clear corner lights $20
ARP Hardware $60
Car Cover $100
Spare plate filler $80

Parts= $10,800
Labor= YOU DO THE MATH!+

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/vehicle-classifieds/486158d1422602086-2000-silver-ws6-trans-am-dsc00714.jpg

Lou and "Boo"
03-22-2015, 10:05 AM
Beautiful car man !

Shep
03-22-2015, 12:09 PM
Not nice!

This thread should be cleaned!

LEVYNot nice? Dude, it's a used car. Lighten up man, it's not like we're dissing a classic here or throwing insults around. It's only 15 years old and honestly not worth much compared to what the OP wants. Listen to the rest of everyone here -- sell it for money and use it towards a DeLorean.