PDA

View Full Version : RH Escutcheon AVAILABLE AGAIN!

ALEXAKOS
05-28-2014, 07:48 AM
This is an item many were looking for.
Yes the passenger's side (RH) Escutcheon is available for purchase (http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=130045&osCsid=7id6avi1moiknpou8c23eepgd3)

Ed over at Delorean.eu has finally gotten his first batch of that extinct item.
Here are the images

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz135/alex-akos/3F580941-7531-4414-843D-9F590471954A_zpssfbi2ily.jpg

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz135/alex-akos/72E0BBA7-7213-4425-ADAF-D6FE461660FE_zpse8uzqekb.jpg

Proud to be the first owner:)

Thank you ed for an excellent service!!!!

RammJaeger
05-28-2014, 11:19 AM
Awesome, I ordered this part months back and it was on backorder. I wonder if they will process my backorder now?

pezzonovante88
05-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Good to know.

Domi
05-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Good news!

Mark D
05-28-2014, 04:49 PM
Sweet, I need one of these as mine is cracked.

Are any of the US vendors carrying these yet? I know sometimes DMCMW carries some of Ed's parts. Otherwise I have no problem just ordering one from Ed since he apparently did the work to get these remanufactured.

DMCMW Dave
05-28-2014, 05:02 PM
Sweet, I need one of these as mine is cracked.

Are any of the US vendors carrying these yet? I know sometimes DMCMW carries some of Ed's parts. Otherwise I have no problem just ordering one from Ed since he apparently did the work to get these remanufactured.

We'll all have them at some point, no word on delivery schedule.

Mark D
05-28-2014, 05:18 PM
Cool, thanks for the quick response Dave.

jawn101
05-31-2014, 04:01 PM
We'll all have them at some point, no word on delivery schedule.

Awesome!!! Now I can stop bugging Julee about them :)

So when these RH ones come in, you'll have both sides available for purchase? I need both.

DMCH James
06-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Ed says these are still 6-7 weeks away - once he has anything more than sample quantities in hand, all the US DMC dealers will have them soon after.

ALEXAKOS
06-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Ed says these are still 6-7 weeks away - once he has anything more than sample quantities in hand, all the US DMC dealers will have them soon after.

Wow so I got me a pre-production sample item?

Cool. Will sell it on ebay for a million dollars! heheheh:Headspin:

JohnZ
06-03-2014, 12:12 PM
It would be good them to be someway reinforced... they're so fragile they WILL break again!

:(

RammJaeger
06-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Wow so I got me a pre-production sample item?

Cool. Will sell it on ebay for a million dollars! heheheh:Headspin:

Mine is on the way and scheduled for delivery today :Headspin:

RammJaeger
06-04-2014, 12:44 PM
I got my new RH escutcheon last night and installed it on my car this morning. Overall I would give it an 8.5/10. I had to do some filing to fit that little square piece in (the one that goes where your mirror controls would be if it was the LH side). I had to take about a millimeter of both sides to get it to fit. It's hard to tell in these pictures, but it's not quite dark as the black of the original piece. It also doesn't seem to fit in the door quite the same as the original, although I might be able to get it straightened out with a bit more fiddling, I was in a bit of a hurry this morning. Overall it's a nice piece, and it's great to finally replace the completed busted one that I had in there. It really helps the interior look nice when you can fix these little touches. Here are some picture, including the original part and before/after installation:

robvanderveer
06-04-2014, 01:11 PM
looks like the curve is too steep. just like the original. probably the reason why they break at the first segment! i reall hope this is fixable...

RammJaeger
06-04-2014, 01:41 PM
looks like the curve is too steep. just like the original. probably the reason why they break at the first segment! i reall hope this is fixable...

It didn't seem to me when I was putting it in that the curve was too steep. Rather it seems to just not line up exactly the same. It sits a bit closer to the door than the old one, and doesn't line up exactly with the air vents like the old one.

robvanderveer
06-04-2014, 01:45 PM
if i look at the picture both the front and the back bits are sticking up too high, i cannot see the middle. if you pay for a new part i think it should fit.

ed uding
06-04-2014, 02:00 PM
There is not one Delorean door panel the same any more. I did fit good in the cars we did test it in.
The board/plastic from the upper panel is bend from time to time, and the metal bracket of the lower cover that hold the vent is in more thane one way flexible.
I am shore this fit all the cars with out any problem, it has a lot more flex as well thane the old type.
We do stick in the black plug before we install the escutcheon.
Nice tip and work well.

Regards Ed Uding
www.delorean.eu

robvanderveer
06-04-2014, 02:12 PM
thank you very much for clearing that up, Ed.

RammJaeger
06-04-2014, 05:30 PM
There is not one Delorean door panel the same any more. I did fit good in the cars we did test it in.
The board/plastic from the upper panel is bend from time to time, and the metal bracket of the lower cover that hold the vent is in more thane one way flexible.
I am shore this fit all the cars with out any problem, it has a lot more flex as well thane the old type.
We do stick in the black plug before we install the escutcheon.
Nice tip and work well.

Regards Ed Uding
www.delorean.eu

Ed, I think it is pretty good. But I did have to do significant filing to get the black plug into the escutcheon. I had to remove about a millimeter from each side to be able to fit the black plug in, which I did install before I installed the escutcheon.

Thanks,

John

papanoel
06-05-2014, 12:37 AM
Mines stuck in customs in the US. :(

NightFlyer
06-05-2014, 01:22 AM
Mines stuck in customs in the US. :(

Our government doesn't actively enforce trade agreements with other nations (even if those nations enforce the terms of such agreements that benefit them against us), and screws over its citizens with an overly long and overly complicated customs process. Thinking about it just makes me sad, upset, and disappointed. :dead:

DeLorean Museum
06-05-2014, 06:12 PM
In the recently acquired files of Chris Bradley, Head of the Experimental Workshop at the factory, there are some drawings showing a different method of attaching the escutcheon that were being considered that would not require any re-design of the part and associated tooling expense.

Sarah Heasty
The DeLorean Museum, Inc.
Find us on Facebook - http://facebook.com/deloreanmuseum

It would be good them to be someway reinforced... they're so fragile they WILL break again!

:(

DMCMW Dave
06-05-2014, 10:08 PM
In the recently acquired files of Chris Bradley, Head of the Experimental Workshop at the factory, there are some drawings showing a different method of attaching the escutcheon that were being considered that would not require any re-design of the part and associated tooling expense.
]

Drywall screws? I've seen a couple with that mod.

DMCH James
07-28-2014, 07:59 PM
RH escutcheons will land here in Texas later this week. Contact your nearest dealer or shop http://store.delorean.com to order.

09-29-2014, 02:31 PM
I have an existing (original) RH Escutcheon that I need to put back into the door. The PO had removed it to work on unlocking a stuck door. Is there a trick to putting these back in? I tried lifting the inside door release and squeezing it in, but it will break if I push any harder. Any tips would be welcomed!

vtdmc
10-02-2014, 02:57 PM
I wonder if a part like this could be reproduced using the 3D printing technology?

robvanderveer
10-02-2014, 03:01 PM
I wonder if a part like this could be reproduced using the 3D printing technology?
i don't think so. Building this out of layers will be tricky as best.

Trstno1
10-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Ok, now we just need to get the LH.....

robvanderveer
10-02-2014, 04:53 PM

I have new LH and RH from DMC Eu, i don't see the problem.

Tillsy
10-02-2014, 07:24 PM

They've been reproducing the left one for years.

ALEXAKOS
10-10-2014, 06:15 AM

I'll be printing my self a whole DMC next time. Way cheaper ;)